Author Topic: Post your Strategy Game Status  (Read 176897 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Strategy Game Status
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2012, 10:05:09 PM »
I hate you.

Yet another inspiring success!  :sorcerer:
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »
Yet another inspiring success!  :sorcerer:
ZING!
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2012, 12:18:59 AM »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2012, 05:33:18 AM »
Well...I have good news for both Wise and Tobbs.

Tobbs, against all odds Sweden has managed to conquer both the Baltic, a bit of Prussia and...you'll love this, 2/3 of Russia.

Wise, somehow the Dutch managed to utterly destroy France, as in it no longer exists. They've also managed to conquer the Spanish homeland, though the Spanish Empire still holds out. The Dutch are also now making inroads into Northwestern Italy.

As for me, I destroyed the US and Cherokee, which convinced what remained of the Thirteen Colonies to join me (there wasn't much left). So with the exception of Upper Canada, New York, Michigan and the Iroquois homeland...plus Newfoundland, I control the Eastern Seaboard. I've also destroyed Mysore, which caused me no end of trouble. That war nearly bankrupted me and I lost Carnatica (southern India) several times. I am now focusing on upgrading my trading ports, reducing some of my army strength and just generally letting my economy recover. Fortunately, with all the upgrades I made, my trading empire is now proving quite profitable. After I've recovered, I'm going to conquer the Iroquois and at some point move against the Maratha Confederacy.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2012, 05:36:37 AM »
Well...I have good news for both Wise and Tobbs.

Tobbs, against all odds Sweden has managed to conquer both the Baltic, a bit of Prussia and...you'll love this, 2/3 of Russia.

Wise, somehow the Dutch managed to utterly destroy France, as in it no longer exists. They've also managed to conquer the Spanish homeland, though the Spanish Empire still holds out. The Dutch are also now making inroads into Northwestern Italy.

As for me, I destroyed the US and Cherokee, which convinced what remained of the Thirteen Colonies to join me (there wasn't much left). So with the exception of Upper Canada, New York, Michigan and the Iroquois homeland...plus Newfoundland, I control the Eastern Seaboard. I've also destroyed Mysore, which caused me no end of trouble. That war nearly bankrupted me and I lost Carnatica (southern India) several times. I am now focusing on upgrading my trading ports, reducing some of my army strength and just generally letting my economy recover. Fortunately, with all the upgrades I made, my trading empire is now proving quite profitable. After I've recovered, I'm going to conquer the Iroquois and at some point move against the Maratha Confederacy.
What difficulty are you playing on? Cause it doesn't sound as the successful crusades I embark on in ETW.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2012, 05:39:50 AM »
What difficulty are you playing on? Cause it doesn't sound as the successful crusades I embark on in ETW.

Medium I think. To get the economy going, control of India and upgrading your trading ports whenever possible is necessary.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2012, 05:56:23 AM »
Medium I think. To get the economy going, control of India and upgrading your trading ports whenever possible is necessary.
Huh. I play on Medium and I don't really have any problems.

Have you got control over Württemberg and its surrounding areas? Because you will cash in hugely if you spam production there, it's like one of Europes most productive areas.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2012, 06:03:24 AM »
Huh. I play on Medium and I don't really have any problems.

Have you got control over Württemberg and its surrounding areas? Because you will cash in hugely if you spam production there, it's like one of Europes most productive areas.

No, that area is controlled by either Prussia or Austria...can't remember which. Can't really afford to take it either...Europe's one big warzone currently, and I have an Austrian alliance anyways...so if Austria holds it...
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2012, 06:04:51 AM »
No, that area is controlled by either Prussia or Austria...can't remember which. Can't really afford to take it either...Europe's one big warzone currently, and I have an Austrian alliance anyways...so if Austria holds it...
How are the taxes?

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2012, 06:08:36 AM »
How are the taxes?

Midway on the scales for both classes. Can't change it either. The only reason why I have happy populations in certain areas is because of the large garrisons.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2012, 06:13:43 AM »
Midway on the scales for both classes. Can't change it either. The only reason why I have happy populations in certain areas is because of the large garrisons.
Hmm...would it work to raise taxes one grade for the nobility, exempt low-income regions from taxes and move your schools/universities to less important places?

Hmm...maybe it would be easier to just wait...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2012, 06:19:05 AM »
Hmm...would it work to raise taxes one grade for the nobility, exempt low-income regions from taxes and move your schools/universities to less important places?

Hmm...maybe it would be easier to just wait...

I could try the first two...though I'm not sure how I can "move" a school/university.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2012, 06:24:49 AM »
I could try the first two...though I'm not sure how I can "move" a school/university.
Demolish it and build it somewhere else, but that might just take even longer than if you wait and make some crackdowns at the unhappy places.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2012, 06:30:52 AM »
Demolish it and build it somewhere else, but that might just take even longer than if you wait and make some crackdowns at the unhappy places.

Probably easier just to crackdown on the riots...the thing about building colleges is that it increases the clamour for reform. The last thing I need is the populace rising up and overthrowing my King. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2012, 06:32:17 AM »
Probably easier just to crackdown on the riots...the thing about building colleges is that it increases the clamour for reform. The last thing I need is the populace rising up and overthrowing my King. :P
That's what I meant: move the clamour for reform somewhere else, where a successful revolt wouldn't do that much impact.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2012, 08:37:34 AM »
That's what I meant: move the clamour for reform somewhere else, where a successful revolt wouldn't do that much impact.

Hmmm...likely North America then...I've had to remilitarize the place because the Iroquois declared war on me.
I'm back people...

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2012, 01:33:04 PM »
Well here is the South German Federation in 1878:

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline Savakka1

• Pro Quarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »
Excellent, so when I conquer Sweden in E:TW I'll give them to the Russians. :P
I hate you.
Reminds me of the funny fact that my most played nation in Darkest Hour along with Germany is USSR, and therefore I roll over Finland quite often, bringing them the light of Communism, Stalin and the gulaks on a regular basis. :P

In my most recent game of DH as USSR,  The year is now 1942, and the Axis advance has been pretty much stopped, and I have managed to make some succesfull counter offensives of my own.

Also,  Sweden has grabbed the ahistorical idiot ball in this game, and has joined the Axis in Operation Barbarossa. Guess that Sweden has to join the list of Peoples' Republics along with the likes of Finland, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Germany, Yugoslavia... The length of this list depends on how active and fast the Western Allies will be in Europe. Compared to my Soviet Empire :D

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
Reminds me of the funny fact that my most played nation in Darkest Hour along with Germany is USSR, and therefore I roll over Finland quite often, bringing them the light of Communism, Stalin and the gulaks on a regular basis. :P

In my most recent game of DH as USSR,  The year is now 1942, and the Axis advance has been pretty much stopped, and I have managed to make some succesfull counter offensives of my own.

Also,  Sweden has grabbed the ahistorical idiot ball in this game, and has joined the Axis in Operation Barbarossa. Guess that Sweden has to join the list of Peoples' Republics along with the likes of Finland, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Germany, Yugoslavia... The length of this list depends on how active and fast the Western Allies will be in Europe. Compared to my Soviet Empire :D

Tobbs might thank you actually, seeing as you'll be removing the hated Swedish Royal Family. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »
Tobbs might thank you actually, seeing as you'll be removing the hated Swedish Royal Family. :P
I don't really hate them. I just think they don't deserve to live in luxury on other people's money because they were born into a certain family. That and our king sucks.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »
I don't really hate them. I just think they don't deserve to live in luxury on other people's money because they were born into a certain family. That and our king sucks.

I looked him up, he seems a decent enough fellow, but then again though I don't live in Sweden.

Besides, I looked up the Swedish Monarchy. They have even less power than the British/Canadian/Australian/Kiwi Royal Family...that is to say they have none whatsoever. Seems harmless to let them stay, as it seems its just for tradition that they remain.

In other news, Sweden and Austria conquered Prussia, and are now at each others throats in E:TW. Should be interesting, as they're both massive Continental European powers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:58:43 PM by Grif101 »
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
I looked him up, he seems a decent enough fellow, but then again though I don't live in Sweden.

Besides, I looked up the Swedish Monarchy. They have even less power than the British/Canadian/Australian/Kiwi Royal Family...that is to say they have none whatsoever. Seems harmless to let them stay, as it seems its just for tradition that they remain.
If you were Swedish, you would know the excrement he does. More and more people here are becoming pro-republican.

And yes, the royal family is simply there for tradition and "advertising" of Sweden. But the king is of a French bloodline, hailing from the Napoleonic-French general Bernadotte, and the queen comes from Brazil. Don't know if that is a very legit advertisement of Sweden. And tradition isn't worth much. It is also tradition here to dance like frogs around a huge phallus symbol every summer. And again, I don't think they should get to live in luxury because of what family they were born in. They do no good, so why should they have that privilege?

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »
If you were Swedish, you would know the excrement he does. More and more people here are becoming pro-republican.

And yes, the royal family is simply there for tradition and "advertising" of Sweden. But the king is of a French bloodline, hailing from the Napoleonic-French general Bernadotte, and the queen comes from Brazil. Don't know if that is a very legit advertisement of Sweden. And tradition isn't worth much. It is also tradition here to dance like frogs around a huge phallus symbol every summer. And again, I don't think they should get to live in luxury because of what family they were born in. They do no good, so why should they have that privilege?

Fair enough.

I'm not sure Tobbs...kinda of a moot point. Everyone has mixed blood, there's no such thing as a pure Swede or pure British or pure French or pure anything. You and I have mixed blood...but blood isn't really what defines nationality anymore, its where you live. That's the North American perspective at any rate.

That is an odd tradition, I have to admit, but I believe some traditions are worth holding on to. :D

Tradition is part of our nations cultural heritage...its what makes up part of our national identity.

For the latter part of your paragraph, I personally don't believe its our place to question such things. Can you really blame them anyways? Its not really their fault...they were born into it, its what they know. If you were born into a Royal Family, and all your life you were raised with Royal Privilage and Status, would you know any better?
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
That is an odd tradition, I have to admit, but I believe some traditions are worth holding on to. :D

Tradition is part of our nations cultural heritage...its what makes up part of our national identity.

For the latter part of your paragraph, I personally don't believe its our place to question such things. Can you really blame them anyways? Its not really their fault...they were born into it, its what they know. If you were born into a Royal Family, and all your life you were raised with Royal Privilage and Status, would you know any better?
Of course we should cling to some traditions, but I used that example to show that some traditions are absolutely worthless.

And the fact that they were born into it excuses nothing. It doesn't make them deserve it. In my eyes it is just a massive injustice.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2012, 09:36:35 PM »
Of course we should cling to some traditions, but I used that example to show that some traditions are absolutely worthless.

And the fact that they were born into it excuses nothing. It doesn't make them deserve it. In my eyes it is just a massive injustice.
The point is however, you would be no different given the chance.

Anyways i thought this thread was about strategy not pointless monarchies that have no power and are just figure heads when you should be more worried about corporate corruption anyways.