Author Topic: Post your Strategy Game Status  (Read 176926 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Strategy Game Status
« Reply #350 on: July 11, 2012, 12:32:38 AM »
Or maybe he is preparing a major troll on me for the lulz.

No, that would be the "other guy". :P
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 11, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »
No, that would be the "other guy". :P
At least he approves of rock 'n' roll :P

Speaking of which.
Tenacious D Beelzeboss The Final Showdown
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:49:22 AM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2012, 01:12:35 AM »
At least he approves of rock 'n' roll :P

Speaking of which.
Tenacious D Beelzeboss The Final Showdown

He's also the guy that approves of you becoming broke, your computer breaking, calamity befalling you, losing your girlfriend, tormenting you both physically and mentally in various ways...:P

And that's just the small time stuff, so if you really want to throw your lot in with him...

On-topic: Polish territory has now been cut in half, thanks to Prussian and mostly Ottoman efforts. The Ottoman Empire in particular, despite slowly crumbling apart from the inside, is making a good deal of territorial gains from the Poles and Russians. They're major allies of me, but I'll have to keep my eye on them...
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 11, 2012, 01:16:37 AM »
He's also the guy that approves of you becoming broke, your computer breaking, calamity befalling you, losing your girlfriend, tormenting you both physically and mentally in various ways...:P

And that's just the small time stuff, so if you really want to throw your lot in with him...

On-topic: Polish territory has now been cut in half, thanks to Prussian and mostly Ottoman efforts. The Ottoman Empire in particular, despite slowly crumbling apart from the inside, is making a good deal of territorial gains from the Poles and Russians. They're major allies of me, but I'll have to keep my eye on them...
Off-topic: I would have stated my opinion on that, but it would start a major religious apeexcrement war, which doesn't seem so fun.

On-topic: Never trust the Turks.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 11, 2012, 01:24:48 AM »
Off-topic: I would have stated my opinion on that, but it would start a major religious apeexcrement war, which doesn't seem so fun.

On-topic: Never trust the Turks.

Off-topic: I concur, wisdom would be agreeing to disagree on the religious stuff and moving on. ;)

On-topic: Indeed, I'll have to make sure to maintain profoessional instead of militia garrison's near the borders. Fortunately they seem tied up in a death struggle with Russia...and Russia recently conquered Persia and the Mughal Empire. So I think so long as the Russian Bear remains that large a threat, the Turks will work with me, but it pays to remain prepared.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 11, 2012, 01:27:26 AM »
Off-topic: I concur, wisdom would be agreeing to disagree on the religious stuff and moving on. ;)

On-topic: Indeed, I'll have to make sure to maintain profoessional instead of militia garrison's near the borders. Fortunately they seem tied up in a death struggle with Russia...and Russia recently conquered Persia and the Mughal Empire. So I think so long as the Russian Bear remains that large a threat, the Turks will work with me, but it pays to remain prepared.
What about the French? They could cover your west front pretty well against both the Brits and the Spanish, should you make them your allies. If they are still war capable, that is.

And is Austria still in the game?

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 11, 2012, 01:44:43 AM »
What about the French? They could cover your west front pretty well against both the Brits and the Spanish, should you make them your allies. If they are still war capable, that is.

And is Austria still in the game?

Funny thing actually, is that Austria conquered France early in the game. So what used to be France is now Austria, however Austria lost a bunch of its original territory to the Polish. They were able to regain Austria itself and Tansylvania, but Hungary was taken by me and the Ottomans gained the rest. So Austria is still in the game, just positioned differentely now. Fortunately I have a military alliance with them, as well as with Hanover, Britain, Dutch Republic, Italian States and the Ottomans. Actually, we're all tied to the same alliances, and we all have indefinite military access to each other.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 11, 2012, 05:03:46 PM »
Funny thing actually, is that Austria conquered France early in the game. So what used to be France is now Austria, however Austria lost a bunch of its original territory to the Polish. They were able to regain Austria itself and Tansylvania, but Hungary was taken by me and the Ottomans gained the rest. So Austria is still in the game, just positioned differentely now. Fortunately I have a military alliance with them, as well as with Hanover, Britain, Dutch Republic, Italian States and the Ottomans. Actually, we're all tied to the same alliances, and we all have indefinite military access to each other.
Good, good. Once you have defeated your mutual enemies, you can proceed to stab them all in the back one at a time >:D

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:35 AM »
Good, good. Once you have defeated your mutual enemies, you can proceed to stab them all in the back one at a time >:D

It'll come to that eventually, though I have to make sure not invoke the wrath of the entire alliance. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 12, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »
It'll come to that eventually, though I have to make sure not invoke the wrath of the entire alliance. :P
Attack the least liked first, obviously. And don't attack them while you are still allies. There will be far less hatin' towards you if you break the alliance first and then immediately declare war. Fun little loop hole, that is.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 12, 2012, 03:38:18 PM »
Attack the least liked first, obviously. And don't attack them while you are still allies. There will be far less hatin' towards you if you break the alliance first and then immediately declare war. Fun little loop hole, that is.

Hmmm...that could work. Will have to check the diplomacy tab to see who's least popular...hopefully its the Italians or Austrians, as they have the most desireable teritory.
I'm back people...

Offline Deadeas

• gently-carress you.
    • Deadeas
    • Deadeas
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 15, 2012, 01:04:39 AM »
March 4th, 1124

King Máel-Sechnaill "the Wise" sits on the Irish throne, having united the entire island after his father, King Pátraic I, first formed the Kingdom of Ireland before his death in 1094. At present, Irish holding extend to the Isle of Man and into modern-day Wales, where King Máel-Sechnaill is intent on forming another kingdom to rule from the ashes of the disparate counties and dukedoms that currently occupy its lands.

Outside of Irish lands, the Scottish and the English continually struggle with revolts and instability.

Here is an overview of Britain and Ireland at present, as well as a closer view of my territories.

Here is the map of Europe at present.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 15, 2012, 01:18:44 AM »
March 4th, 1124

King Máel-Sechnaill "the Wise" sits on the Irish throne, having united the entire island after his father, King Pátraic I, first formed the Kingdom of Ireland before his death in 1094. At present, Irish holding extend to the Isle of Man and into modern-day Wales, where King Máel-Sechnaill is intent on forming another kingdom to rule from the ashes of the disparate counties and dukedoms that currently occupy its lands.

Outside of Irish lands, the Scottish and the English continually struggle with revolts and instability.

Here is an overview of Britain and Ireland at present, as well as a closer view of my territories.

Here is the map of Europe at present.

the British Isles have it good comapred to the rest of Europe it seems, though I wonder if the Scots are going to do anything about that Swedish foothold...

So after you take over Wales, what do you plan next?
I'm back people...

Offline Deadeas

• gently-carress you.
    • Deadeas
    • Deadeas
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 15, 2012, 01:28:19 AM »
the British Isles have it good comapred to the rest of Europe it seems, though I wonder if the Scots are going to do anything about that Swedish foothold...
So after you take over Wales, what do you plan next?
England, then Scotland. I'm intent on forming the Empire of Britannia.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 15, 2012, 01:44:01 AM »
England, then Scotland. I'm intent on forming the Empire of Britannia.

Good goal, though it looks like you're going to have to contend with the HRE, Sweden and France before or after...provided they're still around at that point.
I'm back people...

Offline Deadeas

• gently-carress you.
    • Deadeas
    • Deadeas
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 15, 2012, 01:52:17 AM »
Good goal, though it looks like you're going to have to contend with the HRE, Sweden and France before or after...provided they're still around at that point.
Sweden and Norway will likely be my biggest enemies. Thankfully, England's royal line is still descended from Harold Godwinson, rather than the Bastard, so no French interconnections. As for the HRE, they don't tend to interfere in island business in any of the games I've played before, so I doubt they'll jump in.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 15, 2012, 02:54:31 AM »
Sweden and Norway will likely be my biggest enemies. Thankfully, England's royal line is still descended from Harold Godwinson, rather than the Bastard, so no French interconnections. As for the HRE, they don't tend to interfere in island business in any of the games I've played before, so I doubt they'll jump in.

Sweden certainly seems the most likely, seeing as you'll likely have to push them out of Scotland, though I wonder if the Norwegians will interfere.

Hmmm, right this is before William the Conqueror showed up, so yeah I guess France wouldn't have much interest in the isles.

Well with the HRE it would depend, wouldn't it? I mean if you start carving territory out of Continental Europe I can see them getting involved...
I'm back people...

Offline Deadeas

• gently-carress you.
    • Deadeas
    • Deadeas
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 15, 2012, 03:14:02 AM »
Sweden certainly seems the most likely, seeing as you'll likely have to push them out of Scotland, though I wonder if the Norwegians will interfere.
Hmmm, right this is before William the Conqueror showed up, so yeah I guess France wouldn't have much interest in the isles.
Well with the HRE it would depend, wouldn't it? I mean if you start carving territory out of Continental Europe I can see them getting involved...

You've got Sweden and Norway reversed. They're the ones with the foothold in Scotland. And you're right regardless.

Actually, it's after. Harold Godwinson just didn't lose the Battle of Stamford Bridge.

True enough, although Scandinavia is more likely to be a target of mine than central Europe.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 15, 2012, 03:33:34 AM »
You've got Sweden and Norway reversed. They're the ones with the foothold in Scotland. And you're right regardless.

Actually, it's after. Harold Godwinson just didn't lose the Battle of Stamford Bridge.

True enough, although Scandinavia is more likely to be a target of mine than central Europe.

Hmmm, so I did. Still, a Scandinavian conquest should prove useful.

Ahhh, forgot the date you posted. For some reason I thought the year was in the 1040's. Still, regardless it looks like your French flank is clear then, unless France decides to finish what William started for whatever reason.

Well seeing as you'll likely be warring with them first, that's true. Still, once your done with Scandinavia there won't be many places left to expand, unless you go after Eastern Europe...
I'm back people...

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 15, 2012, 12:20:19 PM »
So I started playing Hearts of Iron 2 as germany, with the goal of winning ww2 (obviously) and re-building the kaiser's fleet. As the game started I ordered 6 Bismark Class battleships, and began building light cruisers to aid them. By the time war broke out I has 12 out of a pre-ww1 17, so I was getting closer. However, things didn't go as planned. In 1938 when I demanded the Sudetenland, instead of getting it, Czechoslovakia just joined the axis, odd. Then when I went to war with Poland Britain and France did nothing...

What caused this you ask? Well I'm not sure, but, the Republicans did win the 1938 election, so I blame the GOP.
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 15, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
So I started playing Hearts of Iron 2 as germany, with the goal of winning ww2 (obviously) and re-building the kaiser's fleet. As the game started I ordered 6 Bismark Class battleships, and began building light cruisers to aid them. By the time war broke out I has 12 out of a pre-ww1 17, so I was getting closer. However, things didn't go as planned. In 1938 when I demanded the Sudetenland, instead of getting it, Czechoslovakia just joined the axis, odd. Then when I went to war with Poland Britain and France did nothing...

What caused this you ask? Well I'm not sure, but, the Republicans did win the 1938 election, so I blame the GOP.

Typical, leave it to the GOP to ruin a good time. So what's your next move? Conquer the Soviets? Though then again if you did that the US might end up invading Mexico...
I'm back people...

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »
Typical, leave it to the GOP to ruin a good time. So what's your next move? Conquer the Soviets? Though then again if you did that the US might end up invading Mexico...

I'll end up doing that as well, but I don't get to use my fancy battle sleet I spent all this time building.
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 16, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
I'll end up doing that as well, but I don't get to use my fancy battle sleet I spent all this time building.

You never know, considering how wacky this playthrough is, you might end up fighting some South American navy...maybe the Argentineans...
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 16, 2012, 09:12:37 PM »
You never know, considering how wacky this playthrough is, you might end up fighting some South American navy...maybe the Argentineans...
Over the Falklands?
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 16, 2012, 10:10:59 PM »
Over the Falklands?

Seeing as Germany doesn't own the Falklands, no. But I was thinking about the recent tensions over the obviously British territory, so I decided to throw in Argentina. Truth be told, in real life they need a good smacking around, something I think the British are more capable of than in the 80's. :P
I'm back people...