Author Topic: Post your Strategy Game Status  (Read 176969 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Strategy Game Status
« Reply #925 on: October 26, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »
So I gave up on the Ottoman Empire for now.

I was able to make a slow economic recovery, though my plans were ruined in Northern India, as the Maratha Confederacy conquered the Mughal Empire. However as I was recovering, I noticed the Venetians mobilizing along my frontier, and I knew they were about to start excrement again. A couple turns later, I was right because they invaded the Middle East and captured Jerusalem, as well as Athens in Greece. The Venetian blitzkrieg caught me by surprise, as I was more less expecting an invasion of Bosnia and a naval war. Athens was a lost cause, as I had no nearby armies to spare in retaking it. Jerusalem was a different story however, as I was blessed to have a large, veteran army in Northern India (I had captured one territory, before the Marathas finished the job). So I recalled my Army of Northern India to make the long trek back, as I frantically started building an army in Damascus, expecting the Venetians to move from Jerusalem and hit either Cairo or Damascus. Thankfully they stayed put, which allowed me to finish my army in Damascus, though my counter-attack into Palestine failed. By then however, my veteran army had arrived, and with them I retook Jerusalem and used my Damascus army to secure Egypt.

After that the war entered a stalemate for awhile, which I used to replenish my two armies, and let my treasury recover. However that is when disaster struck, as the Polish-Lithuanians launched a renewed offensive into the Balkans. I was only barely able to hold on to Moldavia, and then I had to use that army to retake Serbia after the Polish-Lithuanians took it. At that point the Venetians showed a tactical brilliance, as they used the Balkan offensive to capture my capital city. I was able to use my veteran army in Jerusalem to recapture Istanbul, but by then the Ottoman Empire was finished. The Polish-Lithuanians made a breakthrough by recapturing Serbia, then took Bosnia. I had to surrender Bulgaria in the peace treaty. Once I lost the Balkans, I became bankrupt, and my remaining two armies were in no condition to fight. So after that, I ended it, and the Ottoman Empire was no more.

So now I've moved on to a Russian Campaign, which is doing much better. I was able to secure a steady income from developing my territories, I captured Dagestan-Chechnya in a war they instigated, captured the Crimea from the Ottomans and took Stockholm.

So I now have a naval base in St. Petersburg, trade ports in the Crimea and Estonia, and I'm poised to finish off Sweden. After that, I think I might invade Persia and move into India   
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 26, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »
So I've started another campaign in Rome II, playing as the Roxolani of the new Scythian factions. I lost all of my first few battles, before I learned that with Roxolani, you should only field cavalry in the beginning, as the only infantry units you can recruit at the start are sucky axemen that are there in case you need troops fast and can't afford any cavalry. So after I started using only cavalry, it started going a little better, but I was still locked in just engaging in skirmishes with the enemy, as since none of my troops have any armour whatsoever, my armies were always too weakened after a battle for me to make a move against the cities. I improved my cities though, and could recruit some armoured troops, which allowed me to start conquering.

After many years of skirmishing and several failed sieges, I managed to conquer Scythia, and convinced a neighbouring faction whom were on the brink of destruction, to join my confederation, i.e. becoming a part of my territory peacefully. It seems, also, that with me conquering Scythia, I stopped being Roxolani, and my faction name changed to "Horde of the Steppes". I'm planning on conquering Ponto-Caspia and then start raiding the Greek states, but first I have to secure my borders against a growing Parthia who don't seem very interested in being friends with me.

My campaign with the Seleucids have not been given much attention lately, due to my Scythian campaign, but I have finally figured out kind of how to use pikemen in battle, which have given me more of a fighting chance, but I still have to train my tactical ability in battle. As for the campaign map, Egypt is on the brink of collapse, falling to Cyrenacian invasion forces since I keep destroying their armies with my navy. And now they have lost Alexandria, and are no longer a threat to me, which means I can turn my attention elsewhere. I still can't defeat the Galatians, though, and the Parthavans just have too many troops at my borders for me to push any offensive at the moment. I'm currently marching an army to conquer Media Atrepatene, though, and have so far met no resistance on my way to the first city.

My last ally, Persia, is putting up quite a fight against the Parthavans, and bravely figths them off again and again, and Parthava has started to crumble, but their armies are still strong, and my forces are divided. I must strengthen my economy further so that I can strengthen my military before I can start pushing on the offensive. I feel that victory is near, however; I only need to get the last bit of manpower I need before I can overwhelm my enemies one front at a time. My army in Tarsus is almost complete. Once it is completed, I can finally put those Galatian dogs to death. After that, I will move for Parthava.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:16:36 PM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 29, 2013, 01:23:29 AM »
Welp, my Seleucid campaign has taken a turn for the worse. I managed to take Galatia's capital and leave them with only one settlement, but then I was struck by an enormous famine it seems as my food went from 16 to -9 immediately and I have absolutely no idea why. So as I tried to build more farms, I started getting swarmed with agents from neighboring factions whom started to mess around, creating two rebellions in Jerusalem and turning its culture from 100% Hellenic to 100% Desert Nomad, so I had to station one of my armies there while it was starving to death.

Meanwhile, Media Atropatene and Parthava moved towards my cities. It turns out the Parthavan armies are more numerous and advanced than I thought. My last eastern ally Persia has now been destroyed, so I can't expect any help from them. I lose Seleucia and another settlement which I just forgot the name of because my armies stationed there had lost 90% of their manpower from starvation, and my other armies are too starved to help. The settlement which I forgot the name of also had two farms, so losing that meant my famine worsened even more.

By the time I had managed to stabilize the food system, I had four large armies marching towards my pretty much unprotected villages, and my armies still hadn't recovered. And now Galatia fulls a huge army out of their ass all of a sudden and moves against one of my settlements in southern Anatolia. I solve this by brokering peace with them, which they were all too eager to accept. So that means that once I have stabilized my fresh new territories in central Anatolia, I can move my army there to help fight back the Parthavans.

I also noticed that Baktria had recently conquered Parthia and was now neighbouring Parthava. So I decided to make a defensive alliance with them and convince them to join my war against Parthava in exchange for 1000 talents as well as a promise to join their war against a Scythian tribe. If the Baktrians hold their end of the bargain and actually attack Parthava, I'm hoping that will take some heat off my back as at least one of their armies will have to move back to defend their borders.

I'm pretty sure I'll make it through this, but I'm also pretty sure things will get worse before they get better.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:31:19 AM by Tobbs »

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 27, 2013, 07:48:30 AM »
So... the Mongols...

Just reinstalled M2TW again, started playing an unfinished England campaign. I was in a really good position to win quickly, I had the holy land, I had most of france and could support several large armies in the field. Suddenly... Mongols!

Five massive death stacks show up around Jerusalem and immediately declare war on me. They assault Jerusalem with two of these stacks, I destroy one but take so many casualties that I lose to the other, I did manage to kill one of their awesome generals though. I expected to lose jerusalem though, I only really had some militia and some heavy infantry there, no major loss. Things get more interesting when they attack gaza, where i have a massive army full of armored swordsmen, longbowmen and knights hospitaller. I sallied forth, confident in victory with a slight numerical advantage and got completely stomped.

I'll try and recount the battle. Basically I sallied forth with my whole army and set up a standard battle line, archers in front of a line of heavy infantry, heavy cav covering the flanks. They sent up a ton of archers and cavalry archers, which not only completely outshot my longbowmen but also started to rip my infantry apart. Behind the archers was a line of their heavy cav, just sitting there. I sent my knights to deal with the archers and then hopefully pull back before the mongols counter charged. The archers and cav archers retreated past the line of heavy cav and to either side. My cav caught them and started massacring the archers, but they actually put up enough fight to slow the knights down. Meanwhile, with my knights out of the way the mongol cavalry charged my infantry line, and it went very badly for my infantry, I've faced charges by some of the nastiest heavy cav in europe but nothing swept my infantry aside as fast as this, needless to say my inf died quick and my army collapsed.

So how do I beat these guys? they can put shoot, out fight and out maneuver me
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 27, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »
So... the Mongols...

Just reinstalled M2TW again, started playing an unfinished England campaign. I was in a really good position to win quickly, I had the holy land, I had most of france and could support several large armies in the field. Suddenly... Mongols!

Five massive death stacks show up around Jerusalem and immediately declare war on me. They assault Jerusalem with two of these stacks, I destroy one but take so many casualties that I lose to the other, I did manage to kill one of their awesome generals though. I expected to lose jerusalem though, I only really had some militia and some heavy infantry there, no major loss. Things get more interesting when they attack gaza, where i have a massive army full of armored swordsmen, longbowmen and knights hospitaller. I sallied forth, confident in victory with a slight numerical advantage and got completely stomped.

I'll try and recount the battle. Basically I sallied forth with my whole army and set up a standard battle line, archers in front of a line of heavy infantry, heavy cav covering the flanks. They sent up a ton of archers and cavalry archers, which not only completely outshot my longbowmen but also started to rip my infantry apart. Behind the archers was a line of their heavy cav, just sitting there. I sent my knights to deal with the archers and then hopefully pull back before the mongols counter charged. The archers and cav archers retreated past the line of heavy cav and to either side. My cav caught them and started massacring the archers, but they actually put up enough fight to slow the knights down. Meanwhile, with my knights out of the way the mongol cavalry charged my infantry line, and it went very badly for my infantry, I've faced charges by some of the nastiest heavy cav in europe but nothing swept my infantry aside as fast as this, needless to say my inf died quick and my army collapsed.

Well I guess the Europeans in real history thought the same thing.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: December 27, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »
Well I guess the Europeans in real history thought the same thing.

yeah, I made the same mistake the Polish and Germans made at Liegnitz
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 29, 2013, 12:10:42 AM »
So... the Mongols...

They're difficult for a reason.

What worked for me was to have pikemen. You need infantry that can hold off cavalry. You also need to deal with those archers quickly, or as you witnessed, they'll decimate you before you even fight. You also need to isolate their archers from their cavalry, but it's really a balancing act. You need to take out enough archers to remove their sting, but you also need to take the heat off your infantry (pikemen and similar units will come in handy here, they last longer against cavalry). I had to maneuver back and forth, killing their archers, driving away their cavalry, kill more archers, drive away the cavalry again, repeat. Do it enough times, and you can send what's left of your infantry in for the kill. However either way, your army is coming out significantly decimated.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 29, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »
I wonder why there were no mighty horse archer empires before the Mongols. I mean, it seems to me that the horse archers were the strength of the Mongol horde, so if horse archers are really that good, why weren't more using them?

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 29, 2013, 12:47:22 AM »
I wonder why there were no mighty horse archer empires before the Mongols. I mean, it seems to me that the horse archers were the strength of the Mongol horde, so if horse archers are really that good, why weren't more using them?

You have to understand, the Mongols horse archers were based on their whole way of life. Before Genghis Khan, they were nomadic horse riders, who relied on the bow and arrow to provide for them. Genghis Khan just united them and used their strengths to great effect.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 29, 2013, 01:53:27 AM »
You have to understand, the Mongols horse archers were based on their whole way of life. Before Genghis Khan, they were nomadic horse riders, who relied on the bow and arrow to provide for them. Genghis Khan just united them and used their strengths to great effect.
Weren't the Huns kinda like that, though? And the Scythians before them?

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 29, 2013, 05:45:40 AM »

It wasn't just horse archers, the muslims used horse archers and light infantry/cavalry against the crusaders, sometimes it worked (eg Hattin) other times they got their faces smashed in by european heavy cavalry. The mongols combined the nomadic/steppe warrior archery with organization and heavy cavalry that could go toe to toe with European knights or Mameluke heavy cavalry.
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 27, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
So I decided to pick up Vic 2 again, as I wanted to give it another shot. No more Sweden and the defenceless empire Scandinavia. I decided to try something else - an uncivilized country. I am playing as Japan.

Now this is a whole other thing to little excrementty Sweden. I am absolutely surrounded by potential conquests and there's no shortage of soldiers either. But I wanted every advantage over the surrounding barbarians that I could get, and I wanted to play with the big kids, so I made sure to westernize as fast as possible. My first target was Hawaii, which I took before the Yanks could get their hands on it, so they can't interfere with my planned future colonizations.

Since uncivs get research points upon conquests, I started grabbing land in Siam and Vietnam, and I soon conquered Korea after a relatively short campaign, which gave me a massive boost. Before long, I westernized, and immediately jumped up on 5th place in the ranking board, putting me among the great powers. After that it was just a dance on roses. I've now nabbed all of Vietnam and Cambodia, abouth half of Siam, I've taken Johore right from underneath the noses of the Brits. I've made Atjeh my little buddy, denying the Dutch a small piece of easy land. I took the chance to take the southern Phillipines from Spain while they were fighting it out with the French in Europe. They were allied with GB and the Netherlands, but I was allied with China, so they didn't feel like helping their friends Spain out. Then Russia suddenly picked a fight with China. Britain then joined in, and eventually the Chinese armies were devastated. I of course had to step in and help my allies and friends.

But I didn't. I stabbed them in the back with all my might. I broke the alliance, invaded, and took all of Manchuria as well as the province of Sozhou, which included the city of Shanghai. The result? Massive boom in population and tea production. For now at least, my military might is the strongest in the world. Who knows, I might even be able to defeat the Brits. For now, though, I'll focus on nabbing coastal areas from China, more of the Phillipines from Spain, then take Indonesia from the Dutch, and then colonize Oceania. After that, I don't know, maybe Australia and New Zealand, maybe Africa, maybe invade the US. We'll just have to see what the circumstances allow at that time.

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 27, 2014, 06:47:27 PM »
So I decided to pick up Vic 2 again, as I wanted to give it another shot. No more Sweden and the defenceless empire Scandinavia. I decided to try something else - an uncivilized country. I am playing as Japan.

Now this is a whole other thing to little excrementty Sweden. I am absolutely surrounded by potential conquests and there's no shortage of soldiers either. But I wanted every advantage over the surrounding barbarians that I could get, and I wanted to play with the big kids, so I made sure to westernize as fast as possible. My first target was Hawaii, which I took before the Yanks could get their hands on it, so they can't interfere with my planned future colonizations.

Since uncivs get research points upon conquests, I started grabbing land in Siam and Vietnam, and I soon conquered Korea after a relatively short campaign, which gave me a massive boost. Before long, I westernized, and immediately jumped up on 5th place in the ranking board, putting me among the great powers. After that it was just a dance on roses. I've now nabbed all of Vietnam and Cambodia, abouth half of Siam, I've taken Johore right from underneath the noses of the Brits. I've made Atjeh my little buddy, denying the Dutch a small piece of easy land. I took the chance to take the southern Phillipines from Spain while they were fighting it out with the French in Europe. They were allied with GB and the Netherlands, but I was allied with China, so they didn't feel like helping their friends Spain out. Then Russia suddenly picked a fight with China. Britain then joined in, and eventually the Chinese armies were devastated. I of course had to step in and help my allies and friends.

But I didn't. I stabbed them in the back with all my might. I broke the alliance, invaded, and took all of Manchuria as well as the province of Sozhou, which included the city of Shanghai. The result? Massive boom in population and tea production. For now at least, my military might is the strongest in the world. Who knows, I might even be able to defeat the Brits. For now, though, I'll focus on nabbing coastal areas from China, more of the Phillipines from Spain, then take Indonesia from the Dutch, and then colonize Oceania. After that, I don't know, maybe Australia and New Zealand, maybe Africa, maybe invade the US. We'll just have to see what the circumstances allow at that time.
I've played a lot of Vic 2 but I never did a serious attempt at playing as a uncivilized country. It sounds like all of Asia is withing striking distance of you, if I were you I'd take the Dutch east indies first, the islands not only have gold but also massive amounts of oil and rubber, both valuable and rare late game resources. It's understandable that you want to take the rest of the Phillipines first but as far as I know they aren't as valuable. But still, I think I've seen Spain make the islands real provinces in-game, that would make your conquest of them a lot more difficult if you wait too long.

For the rest, Mainland US will have a massive manpower reserve in case you try your luck with them but it could be possible to take a few coastal states. NZ and the Aussies are easy targets so long as the Brits stay out of it, but the only thing you'll gain is a few dozen Sheep and a whole lot of nothing.

Maybe a bit of east coast Africa or a part of the Arabian Peninsula, that'll give you an good base from which you can blockade the Suez canal.
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 27, 2014, 09:45:11 PM »
I've played a lot of Vic 2 but I never did a serious attempt at playing as a uncivilized country. It sounds like all of Asia is withing striking distance of you, if I were you I'd take the Dutch east indies first, the islands not only have gold but also massive amounts of oil and rubber, both valuable and rare late game resources. It's understandable that you want to take the rest of the Phillipines first but as far as I know they aren't as valuable. But still, I think I've seen Spain make the islands real provinces in-game, that would make your conquest of them a lot more difficult if you wait too long.

For the rest, Mainland US will have a massive manpower reserve in case you try your luck with them but it could be possible to take a few coastal states. NZ and the Aussies are easy targets so long as the Brits stay out of it, but the only thing you'll gain is a few dozen Sheep and a whole lot of nothing.

Maybe a bit of east coast Africa or a part of the Arabian Peninsula, that'll give you an good base from which you can blockade the Suez canal.
This was fun as hell now that I could actually do something, so a lot of things have changed since my first post on this.
Here's how far I've gotten (the green area to the right of British India is Burma, which is my puppet, so that's mine too). The year is 1875, and I've done just about everything I said I would do. The Phillipines are mine, most of Indonesia is mine, just about all of the small Oceanian islands are mine. I was unfortunately completely blocked off from Africa by Austria quickly nabbing Somaliland, so that front is closed for me. I have also allied myself to the US, so I'm not going to invade there. Still have the rest of Indonesia and Siam, though, which are both easy targets. The Chinese Empire has now been reduced to pretty much a joke, as I am so advanced that the Chinese numbers no longer matter, so I can pretty much grab land at will there. Then there's Arabia as you said. But I decided on something a little less obvious: South America. Just before I quit the game for today, I declared war against Colombia in order to grab Panama. Then I'm planning on chomping up the western South American coast before munching up as much of the continent as I can. :sorcerer:

I have also decided to stay on good terms with Britain, as I discovered that I still wouldn't stand much of a chance against their fleet.

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 28, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
This was fun as hell now that I could actually do something, so a lot of things have changed since my first post on this.
Here's how far I've gotten (the green area to the right of British India is Burma, which is my puppet, so that's mine too). The year is 1875, and I've done just about everything I said I would do. The Phillipines are mine, most of Indonesia is mine, just about all of the small Oceanian islands are mine. I was unfortunately completely blocked off from Africa by Austria quickly nabbing Somaliland, so that front is closed for me. I have also allied myself to the US, so I'm not going to invade there. Still have the rest of Indonesia and Siam, though, which are both easy targets. The Chinese Empire has now been reduced to pretty much a joke, as I am so advanced that the Chinese numbers no longer matter, so I can pretty much grab land at will there. Then there's Arabia as you said. But I decided on something a little less obvious: South America. Just before I quit the game for today, I declared war against Colombia in order to grab Panama. Then I'm planning on chomping up the western South American coast before munching up as much of the continent as I can. :sorcerer:

I have also decided to stay on good terms with Britain, as I discovered that I still wouldn't stand much of a chance against their fleet.
Ah, well good luck with that, the problem with the British fleet is just that it is too large to take on in a fight, but I've learned that it's possible to blockade the Suez canal with ground troops, it is possible to end a war before their fleets arrive from sailing around Africa, but it's very hard and you need a lot of luck to do it.

This reminds me of my latest game of HoI 3, here's the map at the end of the game:

Unsurprisingly I played as the Dutch, I modified my game a little at the start to give me claims to Belgium and Luxembourg and got rid of the UK and France guaranties on these countries.

A month of war later they both surrendered to me, the only thing I didn't take was the Belgium colonies in Congo because there was no way I could protect them.

After that I started to build up my Naval strength, aligned myself to the Axis and started to research the Atomic bomb techs, the invasion of France was hard on me and French troops temporarily managed to take a few southern provinces while I tried to defend my coastal provinces from wave after wave of British naval landings. But it didn't take long for Germany to break through the French defensive lines and after my air-force sank two British Battleship, one Carrier and some smaller ships they also backed off.

With the fall of France I could focus my attention at the east indies, my fleet that consisted of one battleship two light carriers, two battlecruisers, about 20 lighter ships and 10 transports had already moved there when war was about to break out.

My first real victory was the puppeting of Malaya and the capture of Singapore, the large British fleet that was stationed at Singapore had been harassed by my air-force for months (It took a long time to capture the heavily defended port). When they were forced out of Singapore by my victorious infantry the fleet was barely holding together, around 6 naval battles took place in the following weeks as my fleet followed the British retreat, they lost large amounts of ships including some battleships and battlecruisers, I only lost 3 lighter ships.

I forced the Brits out of Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and took their islands in the Indian Ocean. Meanwhile the Italian campaign in Africa went surprisingly well and China had become a Japanese puppet.

The Brits kept trying to force naval landings in the Netherlands itself but I managed to defend myself quite well, it's also important to know that they didn't once try it in German occupied France, this is important later because Germany could Focus all it's attention at the Soviet Union when war broke out with it.

I attempted multiple times to make Australia a puppet of mine but they had a surprisingly large army available to defend their continent, when the war with the SU began I decided to put expansion in Asia on hold and took my fleet to the Suez (Capturing a few ports in Arabia along the way), I managed to land in the Suez just before the Italians took it, after that I took Crete and Cyprus before landing my troops in the Crimea (The Germans had already pushed that far by the time I arrived). I pretty much obliterated the Russian Black sea fleet and only took minor casualties while doing so, but to late I realized my mistake. Australian troops had made landings all over Indonesia, I doubled back and pushed them out with little trouble and realized I had to defeat them, luckily I just finished my first Atomic bomb. During the Australian campaign I dropped three of them in total and I started to push back the demoralized armies. I din't take long before the became a puppet of mine.

Germany made peace with the SU and gained massive amounts of land, I invaded the rest of Arabia just for the hell of it and made New zealand a puppet. while I was fighting there German boots landed on the British islands. I made my way to Gibraltar as soon as new zealand surrendered and took it after a short fight, than I landed in Southern England, I could have taken Londed but decided not to because I wouldn't get the events to dismantle the British while the Germans would if they took it.

England and Scotland became German puppets, I kept southern England and the US became leader of the defeated Allies.

To my surprise the SU had recovered and had made Persia, Afghanistan and Pakistan Puppets and was pushing into independent India just like Japan, I decided to join the party.

New zealand declared its independence from me but I had already deployed my troops in Greece, the Italian had failed to break through their defensive lines and were too stupid to make a landing in their capital. Two atomic bombs and a few landings later they surrendered to me.

Unfortunately the Yanks had pushed the Japanese back so I decided that New zealand could wait, I had to fight the United States. The game Ended during my fourth attempt to storm Guadalcanal with the whole of my east indies army, I wasn't winning.

In the end I had the fourth largest navy in the game, I was the only nation capable of using atomic weapons and we were on the verge of another war with the Soviet Union, all in all a successful game.
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 08, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »
So I just finished another campaign in Vic 2, this time I played as Prussia. I formed the German Empire, which after a few decades and some reforms, turned into Germany, an HM's Government state. I...think I did pretty well.

World Map

Germany and satellites

This is without a doubt the best I've ever done in a playthrough. The key to my empire growing so huge is that I broke the United Kingdom around the 1890's, which caused their empire to slowly fall apart as their military might and influence was severely crippled while they were at the same time struck by a wave of nationalist and Fascist rebels. Then there really weren't anyone but France whom could stand against me, and everything just went on rails from there - I could just about do whatever I wanted. The United Kingdom soon turned into the fascist Republic of Britannia. The Russian Empire was also crippled in a war against me, China and Austria, and it also broke apart around the area where other nations had cores. Austria also got a royal smacking in their collective bitch face, and then turned into Austria-Hungary around 1930.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:33:12 PM by Tobbs »

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 09, 2014, 06:40:30 AM »
So I just finished another campaign in Vic 2, this time I played as Prussia. I formed the German Empire, which after a few decades and some reforms, turned into Germany, an HM's Government state. I...think I did pretty well.

World Map

Germany and satellites

This is without a doubt the best I've ever done in a playthrough. The key to my empire growing so huge is that I broke the United Kingdom around the 1890's, which caused their empire to slowly fall apart as their military might and influence was severely crippled while they were at the same time struck by a wave of nationalist and Fascist rebels. Then there really weren't anyone but France whom could stand against me, and everything just went on rails from there - I could just about do whatever I wanted. The United Kingdom soon turned into the fascist Republic of Britannia. The Russian Empire was also crippled in a war against me, China and Austria, and it also broke apart around the area where other nations had cores. Austria also got a royal smacking in their collective bitch face, and then turned into Austria-Hungary around 1930.

You didn't conquer Russia up to the Urals? Bad Tobbs, that's German Conquest 101.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 09, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
You didn't conquer Russia up to the Urals? Bad Tobbs, that's German Conquest 101.
Too busy conquering Britain :P

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 09, 2014, 10:18:47 AM »
So I decided to try and play France in EUIV to see what all the fuss was about (about them being OP ans such), and well, yeah. In less than 100 (1535 ATM) years I've conquered half of Italy, most of the Netherlands, I've ripped Austria apart by taking Trent then releasing Styria as a puppet (vassal feeding is a lot easier than conquest) I;ve occupied England three times, giving scotland most of northern England (and then they proceeded to lose it to nationalism, I guess that there really will always be an england) and I've defeated Spain in war and taken some stuff off of them as well. This is nuts...
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 09, 2014, 10:46:21 AM »
Okay, I've started a new campaign in Vic 2. This time, I'm playing as Serbia. There is, however, a twist - this campaign is not serious in any respect - I just want to see how much I can break the game, and that means cheating uncontrollably :D

So now, the year is around the 1850's, and I have been given Southern Serbia in a crisis, become a great power, conquered Northern Macedonia, Bosnia, Dalmatia, Montenegro and Tunisia, I have almost £2 billion, I am the most advanced nation in the world, and my adult male population has increased from 700,000 to 8,7 million.

I'm having fun :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:49:05 AM by Tobbs »

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 09, 2014, 06:04:54 PM »
Too busy conquering Britain :P

Wanker. :P

So I decided to try and play France in EUIV to see what all the fuss was about (about them being OP ans such), and well, yeah. In less than 100 (1535 ATM) years I've conquered half of Italy, most of the Netherlands, I've ripped Austria apart by taking Trent then releasing Styria as a puppet (vassal feeding is a lot easier than conquest) I;ve occupied England three times, giving scotland most of northern England (and then they proceeded to lose it to nationalism, I guess that there really will always be an england) and I've defeated Spain in war and taken some stuff off of them as well. This is nuts...

And now this is the point where you conquer Europe and unite it under the French Catholic Monarchy...
I'm back people...

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 10, 2014, 12:32:01 AM »
My Hansa game as of 1808.

After I finish time to convert it into Victoria 2.

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 10, 2014, 11:04:04 AM »
And now this is the point where you conquer Europe and unite it under the French Catholic Monarchy...

I would, except I may or may not be protestant...

Half my country went protestant during the reformation, so I went with the flow
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 10, 2014, 03:57:23 PM »
I would, except I may or may not be protestant...

Half my country went protestant during the reformation, so I went with the flow

Bad Crane, the Bourbons were stout Catholics. You should be oppressing the Huguenots, not embracing them.
I'm back people...

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 11, 2014, 02:17:21 AM »
Bad Crane, the Bourbons were stout Catholics. You should be oppressing the Huguenots, not embracing them.

I would but when you are at war with Austria and 75% of France flips over to Protestant you don't argue, you go with the flow.

I'm about to start a Poland game where I will stay catholic no matter what.
...scum.