Author Topic: OOC: Kingdoms of the IV  (Read 142059 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: Kingdoms of the IV
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
Well, so long as I'm the only Aladdin-style Arab-like Kingdom in the game, then I'm fine with that.

Yeah, no worry. I'm the Crusader-style Arab/European-like hybrid type Kingdom.
I'm back people...

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 12:32:50 AM »
I'll be in a temperate zone, bordering the sea, the sea is key to my empire
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 01:26:56 AM »
I'll be in a temperate zone, bordering the sea, the sea is key to my empire

Note to self: Attack Crane's maritime trade, then blockade port cities. After surrender, enslave population and launch Crusade on the undead.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 02:23:38 AM »
Mine would be inside of a nice tropical area on the map... Or the God Pedestal in the clouds that I photoshop for myself XD

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »
Note to self: Attack Crane's maritime trade, then blockade port cities. After surrender, enslave population and launch Crusade on the undead.
Note to Self: Laugh when Grif realises he is out numbered on a ground battle and quickly finds his men that die turning against him as they rise again, begin to starve as food they bring with them becomes infected in the corrupt lands and is constantly assaulted breaking his men's morale, who eventually begin to perish becoming zombies that continue to attack and ensue chaos, and watch as a broken disheveled army retreats to the oh so very distant shores.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 03:19:40 AM »
Note to Self: Laugh when Grif realises he is out numbered on a ground battle and quickly finds his men that die turning against him as they rise again, begin to starve as food they bring with them becomes infected in the corrupt lands and is constantly assaulted breaking his men's morale, who eventually begin to perish becoming zombies that continue to attack and ensue chaos, and watch as a broken disheveled army retreats to the oh so very distant shores.

Note to self: Stick to enslaving Crane's Kingdom. Prosper, grow, expand. Send malcontents into undead territory as punishment.
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 03:23:07 AM »
Note to self: Stick to enslaving Crane's Kingdom. Prosper, grow, expand. Send malcontents into undead territory as punishment.
That more like it. Infact you guessed one of the things my Army does for trade. We Take your prisoners. Yep just drop them off all tied up in a cart, and we get and punish them based on their crimes so it nice if you leave something that says what each person has done. Its funny that you said that since I already wrote down I do that on my sheet.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 03:29:15 AM »
Just so everyone knows, I have begun production of the world map for the Kingdoms of the IV game. Tell me your requirements and I'll throw them in

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 03:35:39 AM »
That more like it. Infact you guessed one of the things my Army does for trade. We Take your prisoners. Yep just drop them off all tied up in a cart, and we get and punish them based on their crimes so it nice if you leave something that says what each person has done. Its funny that you said that since I already wrote down I do that on my sheet.

Really? So if I sent you the Royal Family of the House of Crane...
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 03:45:19 AM »
Really? So if I sent you the Royal Family of the House of Crane...
I have decided to do a life update version of the map. What its going to do is update the image as I work on it, for it to be viewable here on the site for optimal feedback purposes.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2012, 03:50:54 AM »
Hmmm...you know this map raises another interesting question. Are we soley confined to what we see here? Or are we going to have the ability to discover new lands Columbus-style? Once we reach the technological/magical level we need, that is.
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2012, 03:53:03 AM »
Hmmm...you know this map raises another interesting question. Are we soley confined to what we see here? Or are we going to have the ability to discover new lands Columbus-style? Once we reach the technological/magical level we need, that is.

Looks good to me, forces us to start small.

might want it more continent sized though this forces us to be way close.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2012, 03:54:59 AM »

Looks good to me, forces us to start small.

might want it more continent sized though this forces us to be way close.

I'm okay with it too. I was just wondering if we were capable of discovering a "New World" at some point.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:26 AM »
Whats great about the IV series of PbP games -in that everyone I have ever hosted- is that you are given free reign to do whatever you like. Ultimately, the game is best played with a large playground because of this. If you guys want to push it up to an entire globe, I can easily build that in Photoshop as well.

Its up to you guys

edit: although chose soon, as Its a bitch to add onto an already created map
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:57:15 AM by killer rin »

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2012, 04:07:53 AM »
Whats great about the IV series of PbP games -in that everyone I have ever hosted- is that you are given free reign to do whatever you like. Ultimately, the game is best played with a large playground because of this. If you guys want to push it up to an entire globe, I can easily build that in Photoshop as well.

Its up to you guys

A globe sounds much better as long as its large and easily detailed. I however must say we all should start on the same continent, not necessarily close, but we should not be too isolated, though Island nations are possible for those who make them.

I definitely need a Land locked large Mountain range, black, with a lake nearby surrounded by swamp land, and a forest around the mountains, and some plains surrounding the forest with one place that is not forested, with a  river called the Styx  that goes in front of the largest mountain like a moat, since my main city will be built into the base of the mountain. these land also look decrepit and depressing, full of pestilence.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2012, 04:18:11 AM »
A globe sounds much better as long as its large and easily detailed. I however must say we all should start on the same continent, not necessarily close, but we should not be too isolated, though Island nations are possible for those who make them.

I definitely need a Land locked large Mountain range, black, with a lake nearby surrounded by swamp land, and a forest around the mountains, and some plains surrounding the forest with one place that is not forested, with a  river called the Styx  that goes in front of the largest mountain like a moat, since my main city will be built into the base of the mountain. these land also look decrepit and depressing, full of pestilence.
Remember, they aren't coloured yet :P I'm only at the mapping stages, texturing comes later.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2012, 04:21:19 AM »

Agreed, starting on the same continent works best.

Essentially what I'm looking for with my territory is the land you see in Assassin's Creed 1. Things like the Acre coast, Kingdom valley's and hills, Jerusalem's Farmlands, Damascas's arid desert etc.

Hopefully some of you know what I'm getting at.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2012, 04:58:32 AM »
Done with the map for tonight, I'll continue work tomorrow

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2012, 05:20:25 AM »
Done with the map for tonight, I'll continue work tomorrow

night man and thanks.  :)

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2012, 05:31:53 AM »
night man and thanks.  :)
Hey just making sure my brand lives up to its name... Anyways, that right continent is annoying me... Most likely going to move it over and somehow combine it to the left one, then create an entirely new continent for the right.. then a few more islands. Good thing is I finally get to implement some of the techniques into map making that I have been dying to try out

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »
Hey just making sure my brand lives up to its name... Anyways, that right continent is annoying me... Most likely going to move it over and somehow combine it to the left one, then create an entirely new continent for the right.. then a few more islands. Good thing is I finally get to implement some of the techniques into map making that I have been dying to try out

Looking forward to it.
I'm back people...

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
I intend to have a new world to exploit, maybe even multiple ones

Also, note to self: Decimate Grif's navy because I have cannon armed ships of the line and he doesn't. Cut off trade, incite rebellion, supply guns, put puppet monarch on throne.
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2012, 08:01:30 AM »
I intend to have a new world to exploit, maybe even multiple ones

Also, note to self: Decimate Grif's navy because I have cannon armed ships of the line and he doesn't. Cut off trade, incite rebellion, supply guns, put puppet monarch on throne.

Note to self: Remind Crane that Crusaders have gunpowder as well. Destroy Crane's puny little navy. Blockade port cities. Invade Kingdom. Pay off nobles and merchants. Incite coup. Behead monarch. Sell off Royal Family to the undead. Marry princess to faction heir. Force population to recite how awesome Australia is. Once population ceases to be useful, sell them off as slaves to other Kingdom's, and reap in profits. Colonize with loyal subjects. Build giant floating palace where capital city used to be. 
I'm back people...

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »
Note to self: Remind Crane that Crusaders have gunpowder as well. Destroy Crane's puny little navy. Blockade port cities. Invade Kingdom. Pay off nobles and merchants. Incite coup. Behead monarch. Sell off Royal Family to the undead. Marry princess to faction heir. Force population to recite how awesome Australia is. Once population ceases to be useful, sell them off as slaves to other Kingdom's, and reap in profits. Colonize with loyal subjects. Build giant floating palace where capital city used to be. 

Hang on.. your a religious kingdom, with a large land army, superior navy and gunpowder

This is the kind of crap I was trying to avoid
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2012, 08:42:46 AM »
Hang on.. your a religious kingdom, with a large land army, superior navy and gunpowder

This is the kind of crap I was trying to avoid

Relax Crane, I'm just screwing with ya :P
I'm back people...