Author Topic: Parthernas OOC.  (Read 11346 times)

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
Re: Parthernas OOC.
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 12:10:15 AM »
Yeah, but Jameson does. That Death ability he has kinda works like the Hulk's rage, push him too far and he turns into a pissed off killing machine. However he can use it without losing it to some extent, so long as he's in emotional control.

However with Leo clearly being a smug, mocking git I'm wondering if Jameson will be able to not lose his excrement with him. :P
Leo works the same way, except even worse since he's both a fire and darkness user. So you don't need to worry about that.
Funny that I chose Water and Life eh? :sorcerer:

EDIT: Very ironic that while Thorston is trying to concentrate all of the others are having a hissy fit.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:18:03 AM by mikethor007 »
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 01:01:15 AM »
Funny that I chose Water and Life eh? :sorcerer:

EDIT: Very ironic that while Thorston is trying to concentrate all of the others are having a hissy fit.

Oi now, Jameson was talking to Lisette trying to help her out, before Samuel went off like an immature jackass and goaded him. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 08:09:22 AM »
I like how Tobbs put two MMs in Grim. :P This isn't Empires of the IV.
I thought it was spelled with two m's :(

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 08:12:45 AM »
And Godur expects our characters to work together?

Sure, cooperation is a nice advantage for when it comes to escaping and such, but conflict between characters is also good. It's meant to be a primarily social game afterall, and the interaction between characters is very important.  ^-^
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »
Sure, cooperation is a nice advantage for when it comes to escaping and such, but conflict between characters is also good. It's meant to be a primarily social game afterall, and the interaction between characters is very important.  ^-^

Well I guess Jameson shoving a ball and chain down Leo's throat would build character development...
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 09:14:32 AM »
Well I guess Jameson shoving a ball and chain down Leo's throat would build character development...
Leo's more likely to punch Jameson through a wall, if he pisses him off.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 09:15:19 AM »
Speaking of Leo, is he like Japanese or something? If so, why is he named Leo Stratos?

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »
Speaking of Leo, is he like Japanese or something? If so, why is he named Leo Stratos?
No, what he speaks is actually a mix of Arabic and Japanese slang. He's the same nationality as everybody else, but lives in a more obscure province that doesn't have English as its main language.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »
I think Samuel can use his time abilities Tobbs. Maybe have him attempt to age the restraints? :P
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 09:11:45 PM »
I think Samuel can use his time abilities Tobbs. Maybe have him attempt to age the restraints? :P
Without aging his own hands.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »
I've thought of a new rule that I want to implement! So pay attention!

Whenever magic is used the caster must determine the exact amount of power he/she wishes to use. Normally up to the highest rating of the most relevant discipline. Each point represent one die which I then cast to determine the result of your spellcasting. This rule make it entirely possible to vary the amount of power your character put into each spell (logically the more power the more tiring it is) to achieve their desired effect.

Now, it's also possible to pump more power into a spell than your rating allow, but doing this is even more seriously tiring on the mage, if not directly harmful. The advantage of this is that you can achieve more powerful magic, but the consequences can be severe. Normally this means that a random effect may occur as a result of the Overextended magic, or the mage may have to accept it as a backlash that cause physical damage upon their body, or who knows what else.

What does this mean to you? Well, basically just that you need to tell me (in a spoiler) how much power you use every time you attempt to cast a spell in game.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:46:17 AM by Godur »
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »
I've thought of a new rule that I want to implement! So pay attention!

Whenever magic is used the caster must determine the exact amount of power he/she wishes to use. Normally up to the highest rating of the most relevant discipline. Each point represent one die which I then cast to determine the result of your spellcasting. This rule make it entirely possible to vary the amount of power your character put into each spell (logically the more power the more tiring it is) to achieve their desired effect.

Now, it's also possible to pump more power into a spell than your rating allow, but doing this is even more seriously tiring on the mage, if not directly harmful. The advantage of this is that you can achieve more powerful magic, but the consequences can be severe. Normally this means that a random effect may occur as a result of the Overextended magic, or the mage may have to accept it as a backlash that cause physical damage upon their body, or who knows what else.

What does this mean to you? Well, basically just that you need to tell me (in a spoiler) how much power you use every time you attempt to cast a spell in game.

So for example, seeing as I have six points towards mind abilities, I put into a spoiler six points towards using my ability, and you roll six die? Or if I want to overcharge it, I put say eight, you roll eight plus a detrimental side-effect?
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »
He would have to age them by thousands of years before they could break from sheer age. And that would take far more power than what he has.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »
So for example, seeing as I have six points towards mind abilities, I put into a spoiler six points towards using my ability, and you roll six die? Or if I want to overcharge it, I put say eight, you roll eight plus a detrimental side-effect?
Exactly so!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »
I'm back people...