Author Topic: OOC: Frontier: The Void  (Read 305792 times)

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: Frontier: The Void
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2013, 10:44:16 PM »
Communist aliens. I must do it, or my life Will never be fulfilled.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 10:50:25 PM »
Communist aliens. I must do it, or my life Will never be fulfilled.

Weeaboo Space Communists

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2013, 10:58:36 PM »
Hmm, torn between Scientist Corporate and Capitalist Corporate now
...scum.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 11:08:38 PM »
Hmm, torn between Scientist Corporate and Capitalist Corporate now
You can have all three.

Unless you want the rules to have only two traits? I need your help with this man. :P I just got the ball rolling, not really the GM Completely.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:59 PM »
You can have all three.

Unless you want the rules to have only two traits? I need your help with this man. :P I just got the ball rolling, not really the GM Completely.

Didn't see that you can have three, whats the limit? I'm trying to figure out how economics will work, we'd almost need to establish the galaxy before hand so we know what raw materials we all have. Then on every planet establish industrial bases based off our factions. That way we can expand our industry from a set baseline.

Maybe when colonizing the GM informs the player what resources are on the planet he is colonizing, that way we can't just pull excrement out of our ass.
...scum.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 11:35:29 PM »
Didn't see that you can have three, whats the limit? I'm trying to figure out how economics will work, we'd almost need to establish the galaxy before hand so we know what raw materials we all have. Then on every planet establish industrial bases based off our factions. That way we can expand our industry from a set baseline.

Maybe when colonizing the GM informs the player what resources are on the planet he is colonizing, that way we can't just pull excrement out of our ass.

I actually am gonna make a die 100 system that determines what we find whenever we travel to another system. That isn't one of the Various Faction systems.

One of the results is a planet with high Resources. Others could be death worlds and what not, or already have a space boud empire in them, you either fight or ally with. All based on the roll.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 11:49:23 PM »
I actually am gonna make a die 100 system that determines what we find whenever we travel to another system. That isn't one of the Various Faction systems.

One of the results is a planet with high Resources. Others could be death worlds and what not, or already have a space boud empire in them, you either fight or ally with. All based on the roll.
Yup. I predict I'll only get death worlds. :P
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2013, 12:24:04 AM »
Yup. I predict I'll only get death worlds. :P
Death worlds can still have valuable Resources, and depending how you use them, you can use them to train elite forces.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2013, 12:27:34 AM »
Death worlds can still have valuable Resources, and depending how you use them, you can use them to train elite forces.
Yes and yes. But they're virtually useless in regards to large scale colonization efforts, unless the civilization colonizing it has tech advanced enough to burn the more hostile part to cinders. Or in extreme cases, burn everything to "barren" level and then terraform it from scratch.
Toaster

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2013, 02:07:48 AM »
For fun I tried to apply the empire traits to my empires in the other game and here's what i got

Kurgan- Communist, Warmonger, Imperialist
Confeds- Capitalist, Corporate, Imperialist
...scum.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2013, 03:43:29 AM »
For fun I tried to apply the empire traits to my empires in the other game and here's what i got

Kurgan- Communist, Warmonger, Imperialist
Confeds- Capitalist, Corporate, Imperialist
I...have no idea what mine would be.
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 05:35:50 AM »
Commonwealth...I think my EIV version was Imperialist, Capitalist and Warmonger.

I still don't quite agree with the Imperialist description. Military or naval bonus? It's the same thing. And by necessity they have larger militaries than other nations, it's historical precedent. Russia, France, UK, Germany, Spain, Austria and even the US.

However their economies and reputation do suffer with non-imperialist nations.
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2013, 05:51:34 AM »
Commonwealth...I think my EIV version was Imperialist, Capitalist and Warmonger.

I still don't quite agree with the Imperialist description. Military or naval bonus? It's the same thing. And by necessity they have larger militaries than other nations, it's historical precedent. Russia, France, UK, Germany, Spain, Austria and even the US.

However their economies and reputation do suffer with non-imperialist nations.
I will make it more specific. Ground Forces, or Naval. Meaning the guys who fight on the ground, or building ships.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2013, 06:07:07 AM »
What would a Tau-like society be? A civilisation that converts races to its fold using sheer diplomatic and economic power?
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2013, 06:18:09 AM »
What would a Tau-like society be? A civilisation that converts races to its fold using sheer diplomatic and economic power?

"Soft" power. The Tau I would describe as culturally imperialist, though they use force if diplomacy and cultural subversion fails.

So...Imperialist, Peacekeeper and...well I'm not sure what the third would be, scientific I guess.

I will make it more specific. Ground Forces, or Naval. Meaning the guys who fight on the ground, or building ships.

There you go, makes more sense. Focus on a large armoured juggernaut, or a powerful navy with a reliance on marine/spec ops strike teams, and elite infantry.
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2013, 06:34:13 AM »
"Soft" power. The Tau I would describe as culturally imperialist, though they use force if diplomacy and cultural subversion fails.

So...Imperialist, Peacekeeper and...well I'm not sure what the third would be, scientific I guess.

There you go, makes more sense. Focus on a large armoured juggernaut, or a powerful navy with a reliance on marine/spec ops strike teams, and elite infantry.
They would be Peace-Keepers, I have it so you can;t be both Imperialist and peace keepers. They always are willing to negotiate first. They could have a Version of Theocracy, while they don't preach about a god or gods, they do preach an Ideal like a Religion. Hmm....I think I just invented a new Trait, Philosophical.

Yes, with Imperialist, you could focus on getting your Ground forces better, or your Navy better. Not both. This doesn't mean in game you cannot build up a powerful navy, you just don't get research or Constuction bonuses if you choose groundforces.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2013, 06:39:22 AM »
Say hello to the Vis (name still under consideration)

After deliberating through the Vis, the Zein, the Xiphial, the Sei, and the Auror; I decided that Vis, meaning energy or force in Latin, would probably (not so sure how about it yet) be the best name for their race (all those names are ones I still call dibs on, though). They're an energy-based race who are based around that techno-organic crystal at their base; a perfect symbiosis of technology and organics. I'm still debating on their nation name.

They were created by another race many centuries ago, who were wiped out by...something (currently debating on either a hostile alien invasion or an extremely deadly pathogen, the Vis definitely didn't do it though; I'm not going down that route for them). They were advanced enough in these fields to create the Vis, but they weren't that advanced overall compared to other races; so the Vis just continued their creator's advancement progress to reach an above-average level of scientific advancement.

They see unity as the best option, and are friendly towards aliens; but unlike Edolas they seek to colonize and absorb other races into their nation; mostly by diplomatic and economic force. But if the world and potential resources are desirable enough and the native population is unyielding to their charms yet capable of being taken over, they won't shy away from taking the world for their own through outright war.

There's a bunch of other stuff I still have on the drawing board, lemme deliberate more on them before revealing them.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2013, 06:42:37 AM »
They would be Peace-Keepers, I have it so you can;t be both Imperialist and peace keepers. They always are willing to negotiate first. They could have a Version of Theocracy, while they don't preach about a god or gods, they do preach an Ideal like a Religion. Hmm....I think I just invented a new Trait, Philosophical.

Yes, with Imperialist, you could focus on getting your Ground forces better, or your Navy better. Not both. This doesn't mean in game you cannot build up a powerful navy, you just don't get research or Constuction bonuses if you choose groundforces.

Well he asked what the Tau would be. I just mentioned the traits the Tau exhibited.

Wait, so I couldn't have commando's or the equivalent of the Royal Marines?
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2013, 06:52:29 AM »
Well he asked what the Tau would be. I just mentioned the traits the Tau exhibited.

Wait, so I couldn't have commando's or the equivalent of the Royal Marines?
Yes you could, however you do not get bonuses in building ships. Or researching for ships. :P Have I not made this clear. Let me make the division even clearer. Armed forces, and Naval Vessels.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2013, 06:58:28 AM »
Yes you could, however you do not get bonuses in building ships. Or researching for ships. :P Have I not made this clear. Let me make the division even clearer. Armed forces, and Naval Vessels.

:dry:

Powerful navy, small army. Because an imperialist naval power wouldn't have as many armoured divisions as others, you gotta let them be able to make their infantry superior.
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2013, 07:03:15 AM »
:dry:

Powerful navy, small army. Because an imperialist naval power wouldn't have as many armoured divisions as others, you gotta let them be able to make their infantry superior.
We are talking about a bonus here, not how you play your Empire. This is not dictating how you play, just where you get your bonus.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »
We are talking about a bonus here, not how you play your Empire. This is not dictating how you play, just where you get your bonus.
Research/construction/manufacture bonus. Grif will just have to build stuff he didn't choose at the standard pace.
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
Research/construction/manufacture bonus. Grif will just have to build stuff he didn't choose at the standard pace.

Ohhhh...I think I see now. Misunderstood what was being said, thank you Brazilian servant.
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
Ohhhh...I think I see now. Misunderstood what was being said, thank you Brazilian servant.
=]
Toaster