Author Topic: OOC: Frontier: The Void 2.0  (Read 69626 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: Frontier: The Void 2.0
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 07:05:33 AM »
Grif, whats the ship classification of the Enterprise. I also need the hex you are going to

Damn, knew I forgot something, classification is exploration ship and I am jumping to 9, 10.

The exploration ships are the only ones that can chart new systems. Any ship can jump to a system and detect celestial bodies, but only an exploration ship can ascertain their worth. For example a military ship can jump to a new system and detect a T3 world, but it couldn't ascertain if there are any bonuses or penalties or its RP value, an exploration ship could though.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 07:09:11 AM »
Damn, knew I forgot something, classification is exploration ship and I am jumping to 9, 10.

Alright... Umm, we'll need to create a Health Value and an Attack Value for an Exploration Ship

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 07:13:25 AM »
Alright... Umm, we'll need to create a Health Value and an Attack Value for an Exploration Ship

Yeah I know...ummm, it should be moderate health but low attack...any suggestions?
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2016, 07:16:12 AM »
Yeah I know...ummm, it should be moderate health but low attack...any suggestions?

Well, I think it would be equivelent to a 2nd or 3rd rate. So how about 7HP, 2Attack

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 07:19:31 AM »
Well, I think it would be equivelent to a 2nd or 3rd rate. So how about 7HP, 2Attack

Okay, we'll go with that.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 02:23:25 PM »
Oh wow, I went through that RP fast  :P

So.. I don't see colony ships in the list and there is no mention of them in the Stage 1 development info. Am I right to assume we're not using them anymore?
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 03:25:52 PM »

So.. I don't see colony ships in the list and there is no mention of them in the Stage 1 development info. Am I right to assume we're not using them anymore?

You did, but you made some good investments. Now let's see how your exploration ship fares. :P

Correct, they slowed down gameplay unnecessarily, so I cut them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:31:23 PM by Grif101 »
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2016, 06:19:57 PM »

Yep, Colony ships are gone. We really wanted to work on speeding things up this time. Hence the pre-generated systems that either me or Grif can respond with. The only thing is the Exploration Ships, but those are only for if you want detailed reads of a system in the same run that you discover it.

Also Grif, I put the Exploration Ships stats with the other FTL stuff in the OP
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:23:08 PM by killer rin »

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »
Wow, lots of high radiation systems being found here.
Boo!

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 07:10:47 PM »
Wow, lots of high radiation systems being found here.
Its all coincidence. I did a count and Extreme Radiation is only like the second highest :P

There is a lot of life though, but unless I regenerate a new system or manually go into the text document to fix it, I can't change it. On the other hand, there are only 19 different Sentient's Pre-Space Civilization in the system, each scattered fairly far apart from everything
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:23:24 PM by killer rin »

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2016, 07:23:21 PM »
Its all coincidence. I did a count and Extreme Radiation is only like the second highest :P

There is a lot of life though, but unless I regenerate a new system or manually go into the text document to fix it, I can't change it. On the other hand, there are only 19 different Sentient's Civilization in the system, each scattered fairly far apart from everything

Well, we can change it, when we paste it into the thread. I made a few discrete changes with Wise's system, because I'm sure you'll agree Rin it was pretty ridiculous.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »
Well, we can change it, when we paste it into the thread. I made a few discrete changes with Wise's system, because I'm sure you'll agree Rin it was pretty ridiculous.

What?

noooooo
Boo!

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2016, 07:31:20 PM »
True. I'll probably exercise that ability now that you mention it.

That said, life is the least of our worries because of how varied we can make it. Technically insects and ants would count as complex forms of life because they are way beyond a couple cells. So if we get bored of mammals, we can do some giant ants ravaging some trees.

What?

noooooo
:P Check my post to see the raw alternate universe version of the system. It was pretty out there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:53:25 PM by killer rin »

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »
True. I'll probably exercise that ability now that you mention it.

That said, life is the least of our worries because of how varied we can make it. Technically insects and ants would count as complex forms of life because they are way beyond a couple cells. So if we get board of mammals, we can do some giant ants ravaging some trees.
:P Check my post to see the raw alternate universe version of the system. It was pretty out there.

Very true...I like how you think...

...Oops...
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2016, 08:52:04 PM »
Alright, I was working on addressing this. As Rin pointed out earlier, each system is pre-generated, so the RP was set before I changed the RP limits. So the starting base values are what I described, but the system info shows the maximum potential of each planet/system, so the RP shown is how far you can upgrade resource value.

Also Rin, you do my FTL posts and I'll do yours, should work out fairly.
So... What's the base RP now?

For example one of the moons I found have a RP value of 12 in your system description post. Does that mean the base RP is 12 and I get 12RP/Page from it when I build a stage 2 colony on top of it?

Or can it be upgraded to 12? If that's the case it'd still good to know the base starting RP and make some sort of system that describes what you need build on that moon before you get the 12 RP.
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 09:00:31 PM »
So... What's the base RP now?

For example one of the moons I found have a RP value of 12 in your system description post. Does that mean the base RP is 12 and I get 12RP/Page from it when I build a stage 2 colony on top of it?

Or can it be upgraded to 12? If that's the case it'd still good to know the base starting RP and make some sort of system that describes what you need build on that moon before you get the 12 RP.

It's upgradeable to 12, the base was mentioned already, remember?

Although I didn't foresee gas giant colonization, let's put the base at 2. As for the upgrading system, you had the right idea in your R&C post, but we'll up it by 5 every upgrade.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 09:10:38 PM »

Although I didn't foresee gas giant colonization, let's put the base at 2. As for the upgrading system, you had the right idea in your R&C post, but we'll up it by 5 every upgrade.
Yeah. Everything starts at 0, with the values listed in the system being the maximum the planet will ever give once upgraded. For example, you build a metal refinery in the asteroid belt... or you do a gas refinery in orbit around a gas giant.

As for colonizing Gas Giants, you could do it if you really wanted to. You just have to do a Bioshock blimp city... which would be extremely susceptible to killing everyone if anything ever happened to it
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:19:10 PM by killer rin »

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 09:17:09 PM »

Okay guys some minor changes, your homeworld now generates 5RP (upgradeable to 10), full-sized planets/asteroid belts 2 (upgradeable) and moons/asteroids/proto-planets 1 (upgradeable). Super-Earths generate 4.

You mean this applies to all systems, not just the colonies we started with? Gotcha!
Boo!

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 09:19:25 PM »
Yeah. Everything starts at 0, with the values listed in the system being the maximum the planet will ever give once upgraded. For example, you build a metal refinery in the asteroid belt... or you do a gas refinery in orbit around a gas giant.

As for colonizing Gas Giants, you could do it if you really wanted to. You just have to do a Bioshock blimp city... which would be extremely unacceptable to killing everyone if anything ever happened to it

Well... I already mentioned the Legacy harvesting base over a gas giant in my first post, its a stage 2 mining colony.  :)
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 11:16:38 PM »
Well... I already mentioned the Legacy harvesting base over a gas giant in my first post, its a stage 2 mining colony.  :)

He meant outside your pre-established worlds, otherwise it's zero until stage 2, then each stage unlocks upgrades.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2016, 12:13:53 AM »
He meant outside your pre-established worlds, otherwise it's zero until stage 2, then each stage unlocks upgrades.

I was talking about the Bioshock part.  8)
Boo!

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2016, 06:38:34 AM »
Hey Grif, what did we decide for wormholes again? I didn't actually discover it... rather I would have to actually search for one within the system or run into it to actually know it's there, right?

Which means that the roll would have only opened up the Wormhole and connected those two systems, but unless I search for it or run into it, it's basically just there in hiding?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:40:30 AM by killer rin »

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2016, 09:06:31 AM »
Hey Grif, what did we decide for wormholes again? I didn't actually discover it... rather I would have to actually search for one within the system or run into it to actually know it's there, right?

Which means that the roll would have only opened up the Wormhole and connected those two systems, but unless I search for it or run into it, it's basically just there in hiding?

Huh, we never actually got to that. All we did was come up with how to determine where it goes, not how we find it.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2016, 09:45:49 AM »
Huh, we never actually got to that. All we did was come up with how to determine where it goes, not how we find it.
Hmm, how should we go about it then?

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2016, 04:31:00 PM »
Hmm, how should we go about it then?

Let's do what we did last time, you automatically find it but you have to research wormhole navigation, in order to use it safely. Otherwise you role a die to determine if you take damage from transit.
I'm back people...