Author Topic: Isolation: Survivability  (Read 38962 times)

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Isolation: Survivability
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 11:55:44 PM »
"Although your humor amuses me, I'm not really in the mood for it." Natascha remarks, looking around for any other way to escape or turn the tables on her captors.

"Well then maybe I can be of a little help."Antoine commented. He looked up on a locker that hung just above his head. He looked to his side where he saw a medical table with medical equipment. He slowly and painfully pressed his arm through the metal band until it was by his elbow, allowing him to bend his arm. He grabbed the table and with a quick movement slammed it into the locker, breaking the lock and opening it slightly. He hit it again, and a number of things fell out of the locker, including a scalpel that dug itself into the bed right next to his head. After giving the sharp object a quick glance, he hit the locker again, and a small metal box fell out and landed on his chest.

The Frenchman took the box, flipped it around and looked on the label. "Diandinum..."he remarked. "Common in many hospitals, reacts with heavy flames if coming in contact with water, only available on the Kaden homeworld."he explained with everyone's eyes looking at him. His fresh smile disappeared when he noticed an electric combination lock built into the box. "Voilà pour ce plan..."he grunted. "Anyone good at cracking combinations?"he asked the others in the room.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 12:27:47 AM »
"Well then maybe I can be of a little help."Antoine commented. He looked up on a locker that hung just above his head. He looked to his side where he saw a medical table with medical equipment. He slowly and painfully pressed his arm through the metal band until it was by his elbow, allowing him to bend his arm. He grabbed the table and with a quick movement slammed it into the locker, breaking the lock and opening it slightly. He hit it again, and a number of things fell out of the locker, including a scalpel that dug itself into the bed right next to his head. After giving the sharp object a quick glance, he hit the locker again, and a small metal box fell out and landed on his chest.

The Frenchman took the box, flipped it around and looked on the label. "Diandinum..."he remarked. "Common in many hospitals, reacts with heavy flames if coming in contact with water, only available on the Kaden homeworld."he explained with everyone's eyes looking at him. His fresh smile disappeared when he noticed an electric combination lock built into the box. "Voilà pour ce plan..."he grunted. "Anyone good at cracking combinations?"he asked the others in the room.
"Yes, I can crack most combinations." Natascha states. "I need to see what I'm working with first." Natascha tries to squirm free of her restraints around her left arm with little success. "And I'm going to need my left hand at minimum to complete the task."

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 12:32:42 AM »
Jack turned to face the pair of plotting marines, "Remind me again why we're trying to escape? For all we know we're in a friendly medical institution, there's no reason to escape."
...scum.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 12:39:37 AM »
Jack turned to face the pair of plotting marines, "Remind me again why we're trying to escape? For all we know we're in a friendly medical institution, there's no reason to escape."
"Poshol na khui, I don't get a strong sense of security from this place. So, I'd like to leave." Natascha says bitterly. "Besides if this is a friendly medical institution, I'd like to get some answers from these zhupa."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:42:58 AM by Foxdonut »

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 01:11:42 AM »
At the end of the room nearest the door, the bandaged woman finds herself groggily regaining consciousness.
She feels as if she is bathed in sunlight, a surprisingly pleasant feeling given her grievous injury.
As she raises her arms to feel the bandages on her face she realizes that she is unencumbered by restraints,
but she does not yet know the significance of this.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 01:29:08 AM »
At the end of the room nearest the door, the bandaged woman finds herself groggily regaining consciousness.
She feels as if she is bathed in sunlight, a surprisingly pleasant feeling given her grievous injury.
As she raises her arms to feel the bandages on her face she realizes that she is unencumbered by restraints,
Natascha observes the woman as she comes to her realization. "Sem' bed — odin otvet, welcome to our little existence at the moment. I would shake your hand, but obviously I am incapable." Natascha says to the bandaged woman. "You have any clue why you're here?"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:40:34 AM by Foxdonut »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:18 AM »
Dante tests his restraints a bit more. They budge a bit, but show no signs of giving way or breaking.

"Huh, it seems that one of us is already free. If that's a curse or a boon...I don't know."
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »
"Poshol na khui, I don't get a strong sense of security from this place. So, I'd like to leave." Natascha says bitterly. "Besides if this is a friendly medical institution, I'd like to get some answers from these zhupa."

"Besides, some dude's head just popped right in front of us. I don't really see that as 'safe'."Antoine commented.
"Yes, I can crack most combinations." Natascha states. "I need to see what I'm working with first." Natascha tries to squirm free of her restraints around her left arm with little success. "And I'm going to need my left hand at minimum to complete the task."

"Here you go, mademoiselle."the Frenchman said and threw the box over to the woman. "Shouldn't be too hard, just eight letters and a few million combinations..."he remarked sarcastically.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 09:52:29 PM »
"Here you go, mademoiselle."the Frenchman said and threw the box over to the woman. "Shouldn't be too hard, just eight letters and a few million combinations..."he remarked sarcastically.
Natascha makes a small yelp as the box lands on her chest. "Yes, Yes, a lot of good this will do us, seeing as I can't even move my arms to work on it you stupid french govniuk!" Natascha says bluntly.

Natascha looks over at the bandaged girl. "Hey! Over there, come get me out of these restraints!" Natascha commands.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 04:21:30 AM »
Natascha makes a small yelp as the box lands on her chest. "Yes, Yes, a lot of good this will do us, seeing as I can't even move my arms to work on it you stupid french govniuk!" Natascha says bluntly.

Natascha looks over at the bandaged girl. "Hey! Over there, come get me out of these restraints!" Natascha commands.

Jaqueline gives the small Russian a cursory glance, before slowly making her way into a standing position at the side of her bed.
Ponderously she shambles over to Natacscha's side. It's almost a pantomime of a more literal translation of her current undead state.

But as she nears three paces from the smaller female's gurney a cacophony of stainless steel restraints being pneumatically released fills the ears of the patients, followed by a heightened feeling of freedom. Not just physically bu mentally as well. Slowly but surely, a series of numerical and status displays fill their vision, each tailor made by their own subconscious and malleable by the subject's will alone.

(All player characters have gained a Heads Up Display, which contains readouts on vital signs, power levels, tactical advice, and a suite of data transfer programs that can share information from one player character to another.)

After taking a few moments to gather his bearings, Matruso devotes his attention to the pressure door at the far side of the room.
He kicks the reinforced glass, then stares through the transparent material and into the hallway beyond.
Moments later he ducks behind a medical locker near the right side of the threshold.
"Get ready, three guys. Big. Carrying what looks like one shotgun and two assault rifles."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:37:14 AM by RobotNixon »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 12:33:28 PM »
Jaqueline gives the small Russian a cursory glance, before slowly making her way into a standing position at the side of her bed.
Ponderously she shambles over to Natacscha's side. It's almost a pantomime of a more literal translation of her current undead state.

But as she nears three paces from the smaller female's gurney a cacophony of stainless steel restraints being pneumatically released fills the ears of the patients, followed by a heightened feeling of freedom. Not just physically bu mentally as well. Slowly but surely, a series of numerical and status displays fill their vision, each tailor made by their own subconscious and malleable by the subject's will alone.

(All player characters have gained a Heads Up Display, which contains readouts on vital signs, power levels, tactical advice, and a suite of data transfer programs that can share information from one player character to another.)

After taking a few moments to gather his bearings, Matruso devotes his attention to the pressure door at the far side of the room.
He kicks the reinforced glass, then stares through the transparent material and into the hallway beyond.
Moments later he ducks behind a medical locker near the right side of the threshold.
"Get ready, three guys. Big. Carrying what looks like one shotgun and two assault rifles."

Antoine stares at the text and numbers that filled his vision. "Great..."he sighed. "I'm a damn robot. What next, I have a grenade launcher in my arm?"he grunted as he got up from the bed. He picked up the box of Diandinum that the Russian woman had tipped to the floor when she got up from the bed. "We could still have use for this..."

He sees the older guy duck behind a medical locker. "Get ready, three guys. Big. Carrying what looks like one shotgun and two assault rifles."he said in a half-whisper.

Antoine grinned. "If we're about to take them down, then I call Dibbs on the shotgun."he snickered before pressing himself against the wall, next to the other man.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »

Natsashca stands catatonic for a moment watching the display scroll along on nothing. "I am dead, and moving, yob, this is not what I expected." She says to herself quietly as she moves silently to the rest of the group. Matsro reports the men in the hallway "Bedane prikhodit odna, trouble never comes alone. Lets do this quietly if we have the chance." Natascha remarks sarcastically.
Natascha ponders on how to kill the guards quietly when suddenly her display flashes as a new system boots up. "Stealth field?" Natascha says quizzically as she looks at the rest of the group, then down at her hand. Natascha lets out a small yelp when she discovers that her hand is nearly invisible. "Bliad!" Natascha's overview beeps and her hand re-appears quickly. a computer like voice warns, "Power low, recharge before initiating stealth field."
Antoine stares at the text and numbers that filled his vision. "Great..."he sighed. "I'm a damn robot. What next, I have a grenade launcher in my arm?"he grunted as he got up from the bed. He picked up the box of Diandinum that the Russian woman had tipped to the floor when she got up from the bed. "We could still have use for this..."

He sees the older guy duck behind a medical locker. "Get ready, three guys. Big. Carrying what looks like one shotgun and two assault rifles."he said in a half-whisper.

Antoine grinned. "If we're about to take them down, then I call Dibbs on the shotgun."he snickered before pressing himself against the wall, next to the other man.
Natascha turns to the french marine, "Looks like we do it your way then, unless anyone else has a better idea?" she says, as she starts some quick stretching. Natascha stands back up and thinks for a moment. "Or we could use the Diandinum to get rid of all three of them at once?" She offers as she also gets herself up against the wall.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »
Natascha turns to the french marine, "Looks like we do it your way then, unless anyone else has a better idea?" she says, as she starts some quick stretching. Natascha stands back up and thinks for a moment. "Or we could use the Diandinum to get rid of all three of them at once?" She offers as she also gets herself up against the wall.

Antoine makes a quick look on the box in his hand. "No, we can't because of two reasons: first, it only reacts if coming in contact with water. That means we have to get the diandinum over to those guards, then get water on it without getting spotted, and I don't see how we're supposed to do that. Second, those guys have armor. This is fire. They're pretty well protected. Aucun ne peut faire, mademoiselle. We'll have to do a different approach."

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 06:07:24 PM »
Antoine makes a quick look on the box in his hand. "No, we can't because of two reasons: first, it only reacts if coming in contact with water. That means we have to get the diandinum over to those guards, then get water on it without getting spotted, and I don't see how we're supposed to do that. Second, those guys have armor. This is fire. They're pretty well protected. Aucun ne peut faire, mademoiselle. We'll have to do a different approach."
Natascha laughs a little. "This is why I never am trusted with explosive substances ever since-" Natascha goes wide eyed for a moment. "Its like the memory is there but not accessible." Natascha sighs and looks around the room for any sort of blade. "Ah!" Natascha quickly gets up and moves over to an unlocked medical cabinet and scrounges through the shelves. She turns around brandishing a pair of scalpels with a 5 inch blades and some surgical tubing. "This should do quite nicely, assuming they don't have armor over the back of their necks." Natascha returns to the group and turns to Antoine. "I have another plan, that's silent and effective. These blades should be able to cut into the spinal cord at the atlas vertebra and should instantly paralyze, or kill the guards." Natascha gathers the surgical tubing and cuts it into workable lengths for the rest of the team. "I am going to assume that you all know how to strange someone? Correct?" She says, turning to the rest of the team. "Or if your uncomfortable with the thought of watching someone suffocate, then you can use the surgical tubing to over power and disarm them."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:09:13 PM by Foxdonut »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »
Natascha laughs a little. "This is why I never am trusted with explosive substances ever since-" Natascha goes wide eyed for a moment. "Its like the memory is there but not accessible." Natascha sighs and looks around the room for any sort of blade. "Ah!" Natascha quickly gets up and moves over to an unlocked medical cabinet and scrounges through the shelves. She turns around brandishing a pair of scalpels with a 5 inch blades and some surgical tubing. "This should do quite nicely, assuming they don't have armor over the back of their necks." Natascha returns to the group and turns to Antoine. "I have another plan, that's silent and effective. These blades should be able to cut into the spinal cord at the atlas vertebra and should instantly paralyze, or kill the guards." Natascha gathers the surgical tubing and cuts it into workable lengths for the rest of the team. "I am going to assume that you all know how to strange someone? Correct?" She says, turning to the rest of the team. "Or if your uncomfortable with the thought of watching someone suffocate, then you can use the surgical tubing to over power and disarm them."

Antoine scratches his cheek. "Strangle armed and armored guards with a tube..."A grin appeared on his face. "I'm starting to like your style."he laughed as he took a piece of the tubing.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
Antoine scratches his cheek. "Strangle armed and armored guards with a tube..."A grin appeared on his face. "I'm starting to like your style."he laughed as he took a piece of the tubing.
Natascha lets a wry smile cross her face. "I'm Russian, we always come up with the unorthodox plans that never fail." She remarks confidently. "Now all that's left to do is bait these sooka into the room where we can do this on our terms." She says, cracking her neck.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:57:16 PM by Foxdonut »

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
With a glance out the window, Jaqueline steals away to Natascha's side, relieving her of one of the scalpels in the process.
"H-how far awaay are they f-from the dooor?" she asks, directed at Matruso.
She takes a moment to tighten the bandages on her hand, creating impromptu sparring wraps.

The ranking officer takes a gamble and lets one eye peer through the glass door from around the medical locker.
In a more careful state of mind he would have used the reflection of the shiny trash bin on the floor in front of him to scout out the opposition, but that fopah was forgiven by the powers that be. Frowning, he removes himself from the armored soldiers' possible field of vision. "They're just standing there, waiting. My first guess is that they're just guards, but their suits don't have any markings. The guy with the shotgun looks like the leader, he's on a comm, can't make it out through the pressure seal but if I'm reading his body language right he's annoyed that he's not in here shooting up the place. Or maybe he's supposed to be on leave. It's hard to tell through an inch of body armor."

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »
With a glance out the window, Jaqueline steals away to Natascha's side, relieving her of one of the scalpels in the process.
"H-how far awaay are they f-from the dooor?" she asks, directed at Matruso.
She takes a moment to tighten the bandages on her hand, creating impromptu sparring wraps.

The ranking officer takes a gamble and lets one eye peer through the glass door from around the medical locker.
In a more careful state of mind he would have used the reflection of the shiny trash bin on the floor in front of him to scout out the opposition, but that fopah was forgiven by the powers that be. Frowning, he removes himself from the armored soldiers' possible field of vision. "They're just standing there, waiting. My first guess is that they're just guards, but their suits don't have any markings. The guy with the shotgun looks like the leader, he's on a comm, can't make it out through the pressure seal but if I'm reading his body language right he's annoyed that he's not in here shooting up the place. Or maybe he's supposed to be on leave. It's hard to tell through an inch of body armor."
Natascha looks at Jaqueline as she readies herself. 'You'll be fine just stay alert, and keep behind us." She says twirling the scalpel in her fingers.
Turning her focus to the older man Natascha speaks up. "Are we able to open the door? If we time it right they won't know whats happening until their down."

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »
Dante gets off the table/bed, only to roll off of it and sprawl himself on the floor. He carefully edges towards the wall, out of sight of the door.

"Damn, the most I can do in this state is to punch their face in. And even that won't work well, what with them being armed and all...".
Toaster

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »
Dante gets off the table/bed, only to roll off of it and sprawl himself on the floor. He carefully edges towards the wall, out of sight of the door.

"Damn, the most I can do in this state is to punch their face in. And even that won't work well, what with them being armed and all...".
Natascha studies the spectacle, stifling laughs as she does.
"If you want to be useful you might as well take some of this." Natascha says as she throws some surgical tubing Dante's way. "That is, assuming your done crawling around like a turtle." She remarks sarcastically.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
Natascha studies the spectacle, stifling laughs as she does.
"If you want to be useful you might as well take some of this." Natascha says as she throws some surgical tubing Dante's way. "That is, assuming your done crawling around like a turtle." She remarks sarcastically.
He studies the tubing for a short moment.

"Eh, should work to strangle them, if they don't have any sort of armor around the neck..."

He sits down with his back to the wall, pondering what to do next.

"I'm good with heavy weaponry, not with...finesse. I'll leave that to you." says Dante while pointing to her hand, the one that activated the stealth field.
Toaster

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »
He studies the tubing for a short moment.

"Eh, should work to strangle them, if they don't have any sort of armor around the neck..."

He sits down with his back to the wall, pondering what to do next.

"I'm good with heavy weaponry, not with...finesse. I'll leave that to you." says Dante while pointing to her hand, the one that activated the stealth field.
Natascha looks down at her hand and clenches her fist. "I'm still not sure if we should consider our current state a blessing or a nightmare waiting to happen." She quickly opens her hand again and watches it phase out momentarily. "Its to bad its not got enough power to work, not that I even know how I'm suppose to charge....myself." Natascha looks down at the scalpel in her other hand. "It all boils down to one of these....Our condition I mean, it all started with a cut from one of these stupid scalpels." She says angrily.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »
Antoine sat against the wall. At first he listened to what the other in the room said, but he soon lost interest and found himself wondering about the things those scientist guys had done with them. He immediately saw row after row of green text flash past in front of his eyes. It seemed to be a scan. "Can this help me with my favorite pastime, I wonder."he joked to himself inside his head.

"Activate Engineering mode?"a text appeared in front of his vision. "Engineering mode?"he thought. "Well, why not?"

Antoine's eyes shot open as he saw the tips of his fingers split open and several robotic arms with small tools on each end shot out of each finger. The tiny arms kept moving around and he didn't feel any control over them at all, it just felt weird in his fingers.

"Uhh...Engineering mode off."the Frenchman thought, and the arms retracted into his fingers and everything seemed normal again. He smiled and studied his hand. "This is as sweet as it is scary."he thought.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09:57 PM »
Natascha looks down at her hand and clenches her fist. "I'm still not sure if we should consider our current state a blessing or a nightmare waiting to happen." She quickly opens her hand again and watches it phase out momentarily. "Its to bad its not got enough power to work, not that I even know how I'm suppose to charge....myself." Natascha looks down at the scalpel in her other hand. "It all boils down to one of these....Our condition I mean, it all started with a cut from one of these stupid scalpels." She says angrily.

"It more than likely started with God knows how long in a casket shaped freezer and then a dip in a nice warm chemical bath."
Matruso remarks, a hint of a grin forming along his lips. The feeling of morbid cynicism passes quickly. Turning back to the group stacked along the wall, he starts to brainstorm. "Alright, from what I can gather the door is sealed to keep pressure in..."

"Which means... W-we may be susceptible to infection." Jaqueline remarks cooly.

Nodding, Matruso files the new information into his train of thought.
"Yes, the pressure suits those doctors were wearing earlier also supports that theory.
But it also means that there's no reason for them not to come in here that poses a danger to them.
Besides us at least, but for all they know we're still strapped to the beds."

Antoine sat against the wall. At first he listened to what the other in the room said, but he soon lost interest and found himself wondering about the things those scientist guys had done with them. He immediately saw row after row of green text flash past in front of his eyes. It seemed to be a scan. "Can this help me with my favorite pastime, I wonder."he joked to himself inside his head.

"Activate Engineering mode?"a text appeared in front of his vision. "Engineering mode?"he thought. "Well, why not?"

Antoine's eyes shot open as he saw the tips of his fingers split open and several robotic arms with small tools on each end shot out of each finger. The tiny arms kept moving around and he didn't feel any control over them at all, it just felt weird in his fingers.

"Uhh...Engineering mode off." The Frenchman thought, and the arms retracted into his fingers and everything seemed normal again. He smiled and studied his hand. "This is as sweet as it is scary."he thought.

"Cool excrement." Matruso remarks. "You're like a human Swiss army knife. Maybe when we get out of here you can open a can of beans for me."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:14:33 PM by RobotNixon »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »
"Cool excrement." Matruso remarks. "You're like a human Swiss army knife. Maybe when we get out of here you can open a can of beans for me."

Antoine looked at the man, irritated. "Hilarious!"he exclaimed sarcastically with a light shake of his head. "Maybe I'll put in an explosive surprise in there while I'm at it?"