Author Topic: OOC: Zombie survival thread  (Read 13848 times)

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
OOC: Zombie survival thread
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:43:06 PM »
This Thread is the OOC Thread where we can talk "Out Of Character" about our future plans and such. To get to the Game Thread, Click Here

Summer 2011 in Bristol, England. Zombies have invaded the world and finally proven the horror nerds right. You are one of the few who survived the outbreak and it's following days, and seem to be immune to whatever causes people to turn. They talked about a last evacuation base in London on the radio, at least until every channel went silent. The risk of it being overrun is big, but since you have no other options, you have to make it to London through a zombie infested Britain. And with the right equipment, company and plan, you might just make it.

Rules

Since this is a zombie apocalypse, it is pretty much impossible for you to survive on your own. There are no other survivors than your fellow players, except for some characters of interest that I may slap into the story. Food and water is sometimes more valuable than guns to survive, so make sure to be well-supplied, and with the right kind of food. Also notice that this is the kind where zombies can often run, so react accordingly.

Equipment: I hope its clear that "Dual Gatling guns with a BFG 9000 on the side" is neither possible nor tolerated. Chances are, you will probably only get access to firearms and ammunition very rarely. You can have homemade firearms, but then you better have some crafting skills, and it could still be of lower quality than the real deal. Also, you cannot carry 200lb of food and such. In fact, you can barely carry anything at all unless you have a backpack, which I doubt everyone has in a zombie apocalypse. Basically, keep it realistic. You start out with every-day clothes, but you can make your own armor if you got the material and the know-how.

Combat: I would like everyone to remember than they're not Chuck Norris. If I see something like "I whip out my .357 revolver and kill all of the zombies with a super napalm bullet." or anything else unrealistic, the one responsible will get a Spot. Three spots and I enable a gruesome character death. Strength lies in numbers, so its good to have someone with you to battle the hordes of undead. We'll go with the classical "destroy the brain" so use whatever weapon you see fitting. Also remember than some weapons can be heavy and much slower to use. I think you understand all this already, but just in case.

Traveling: Traveling is best done during the day, since zombies magically avoid sunlight. But you will still find stragglers here and there. Most major highways are blocked by cars or sealed off, but you can get certain distances with a car on some roads. And when you get to a new area like a store, I will give a brief description of the place.

Infection: The outbreak is believed to be cause by a virus. Although all players are somehow immune to the virus, you should watch out for other people that might have been bitten. Transformation takes between 20 minutes and 24 hours, depending on how resistant the your body is. But it is inevitable and incurable. The virus is spread through the zombies' saliva and blood (28 days later, anyone?)

And now: the character sheet.

Spoiler for Character sheet:

PM the sheet to me and I will add it to the list. If you start out with a gun, tell me where you got it from and how much ammunition you have. I will not play with a character of my own, but I will sometimes put in a certain character that I will control, but will only stay briefly.

Other than what I have given you, the story is basically a blank paper. Your actions make the story. You may risk going to London, or maybe try to escape some other way.

If you have any questions, just ask.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:44:53 PM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: Zombie survival thread
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:26 AM »
No one?

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »
you got to give it a bit. it took a little over week to get basic EoT-IV off the ground. in the meantime provide an example of the game to get it going. ill help out once i get time

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »
you got to give it a bit. it took a little over week to get basic EoT-IV off the ground. in the meantime provide an example of the game to get it going. ill help out once i get time

Right. I'll just leave it open and see what happens. This is the first time I host an RP, but I'll do my best.

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 06:50:58 PM »
Sounds interesting. (Though a better explanation for why PCs are immune to infection would have been nice. But, then again, few zombie movies do that, anyway.)

I can't seem to find the character sheet, though...
EDIT: Never mind. It's in the first post of the main thread, but not this one... for some reason.
"Any food that involves cheese is just an excuse to eat cheese." -Hannah Hart

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
Sounds interesting. (Though a better explanation for why PCs are immune to infection would have been nice. But, then again, few zombie movies do that, anyway.)

I can't seem to find the character sheet, though...
EDIT: Never mind. It's in the first post of the main thread, but not this one... for some reason.

Yup. I just copied and pasted it from the game thread to here and it failed somehow. Though I didn't notice until it was too late to edit.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
Name: Rin Hoshira
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Marital status: Single
Place of birth: Canada
Occupation (before the outbreak): Scientist
Eye color: Iris's change color... but most of the time are Green.
Hair color: Short Auburn Hair
Skin color: Beige
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 116
In-depth description: Blood Type B+, C-Cup, Chest=93cm, Waist=63cm, Thigh=42cm, Bicep=27cm, Hip=124cm

Mental state: Sane
Intelligence: High
General outlook: Happy on life, can accept most things
Fears: Being Alone
Biases:
Sexual orientation: Straight

Particular skills: Training in Guns, Swords, and Archery, Can hack electronics
Flaws: Hasn't used a Gun in a while.

Equipment: Sword, Keycard, Backpack

Background: Born as a gifted child both mentally and physically. From birth she has always been the best in her classes, which is why she had been promoted 2 years to be brought up to a level where she was being challenged. Upon Graduating, she entered into an Ivy-League University with a top scholarship allowing her to continue her studies in Sciences, and Computers. She is currently 2 years in. before the zombie Apocalypse. She is currently participating in a School exchange program in Britian
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:47:23 PM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 07:22:23 PM »

You like that name, don't you?

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »
You like that name, don't you?
shes one of the main characters in my universe Unani... What Its totally normal to have a crush on a character you made..

STOP STARING AT ME :P

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »
shes one of the main characters in my universe Unani... What Its totally normal to have a crush on a character you made..

O.o

Offline The Doctor

• Administrator
    • rdaruszka
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »

*watches Rin swoon* :P
Forum Rules - Web IRC

<CaptainJean-Luc> Doc: You have ruthlessly high standards.

His name was Marauder Shields.  Never forget his sacrifice.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 03:58:17 AM »

I will punch you in the soul!
...scum.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 04:37:41 AM »
character sheet sent in
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »
character sheet sent in

I'll add it right up.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 10:24:16 AM »
I'll add it right up.

Sweet as man, thanks
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 10:39:32 AM »
Idea: Do you think we should throw in some "special" zombies, with mutations  both big and small, to add a little challenge? Or is that too much video-gameish?

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:04 AM »
Idea: Do you think we should throw in some "special" zombies, with mutations  both big and small, to add a little challenge? Or is that too much video-gameish?

I have no problem with it, remember its your game, do what you want.
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 10:46:26 AM »
I have no problem with it, remember its your game, do what you want.

Right. I just wanted the opinion from you guys.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 11:21:14 AM »
Here's some suggestions of "special infected". If you have any ideas of new types or names for the existing ones, just put it up.

"Caller": A type of zombie that hunts in packs, created by a mutated kind of the virus which causes a mutation on the vocal cord. When a Caller spots a human, it gives out a loud scream - louder than a human with a normal vocal cord could make - which calls the rest of the pack, which can be of around 10-50 Callers. Thing is, almost all zombies are attracted to loud noises, so it could cause trouble.

*Name wanted*: Probably once a person that used steroids, this zombie is a mountain of deformed muscles. The ** is so far known as the most aggressive zombie kind. They attack everything, including other zombies. You know if there is a ** nearby if you hear it's guttural breathing and see blood stains and indents in cars, walls, anything. Although a headshot should kill it, it might be smart to avoid them.

"Swollen": Not all mutations are good for the zombies. The reason for the mutation is unknown, but clear. The Swollen is a slow chunk of deformed flesh, with large "bubbles" filled with yellow liquid spread over their bodies. Although the liquid does not cause any physical damage to your body, it's packed witht the zombie virus. However, since all players seem to be immune, the worst thing about it is the smell of rotten flesh. Since the bubbles often rupture, you can smell it from far distances.

That's pretty much all I can think of that have an ounce of possibility without copying (too much). If you have any good ideas yourself, please let me know.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »
### removed
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:00:13 PM by killer rin »

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »
... Is that allowed?

Also: You broke the One Steve Limit.
"Any food that involves cheese is just an excuse to eat cheese." -Hannah Hart

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »
... Is that allowed?

Also: You broke the One Steve Limit.

Nope. That's not allowed. Rin, you're sticking with your Rin Hoshira.

And btw, her pulling out a fu-king sword out of a box she had in some room, that awoke my Spot-setter Pen and it is now on a lookout.

Beware, Killer Rin, beware!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:25:04 PM by Tobbs »

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »
I can't have 2 players to play with, Whats the harm? its only an extra person she has to keep an eye on. :\
* Killerrin Shrugs then points a gun at Tory

And she always had the sword in the box, Like I explained to you earlier. Everyone has that one object that they have, She just happens to be a fanatic of Sword, This would have been no different if I would have had her bring out a set of Knifes, or a Gun. We would still be having this same argument. A sword is a cutting object used for cutting. Its a basic primary weapon (one that can become dull, and break under pressure). It could also mean something to her, For example... a Family Memento, and as such she wouldn't use it for killing, but would keep it as a keepsake to keep her sane, or it could be an object a friend gave her before she started up the school exhange program. At Heart, this is a person not native to Britain and is only here for a school exchange program

If you checked, the first post takes place just as the zombie incident happened -As I normally do in all of my first posts to set up a basic back story for that character- that leaves the what is happening in real time. The first post takes place on recapping what has happened just as the zombie outbreak happened.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:13:20 PM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 10:30:07 PM »
I can't have 2 players to play with, Whats the harm? its only an extra person she has to keep an eye on. :\
* Killerrin Shrugs then points a gun at Tory

And she always had the sword in the box, Like I explained to you earlier. Everyone has that one object that they have, She just happens to be a fanatic of Sword, This would have been no different if I would have had her bring out a set of Knifes, or a Gun. We would still be having this same argument. A sword is a cutting object used for cutting. Its a basic primary weapon (one that can become dull, and break under pressure). It could also mean something to her, For example... a Family Memento, and as such she wouldn't use it for killing, but would keep it as a keepsake to keep her sane, or it could be an object a friend gave her before she started up the school exhange program. At Heart, this is a person not native to Britain and is only here for a school exchange program

If you checked, the first post takes place just as the zombie incident happened -As I normally do in all of my first posts to set up a basic back story for that character- that leaves the what is happening in real time. The first post takes place on recapping what has happened just as the zombie outbreak happened.

Your lack of explanation made me picture that she was in some kind of classroom or something, since she was awoken by someone from one of her classes. Then it would just be absurd for her to reach in some box and pull out a sword. You need to be more clear man, or I'm gonna click.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 10:46:07 PM »
Your lack of explanation made me picture that she was in some kind of classroom or something, since she was awoken by someone from one of her classes. Then it would just be absurd for her to reach in some box and pull out a sword. You need to be more clear man, or I'm gonna click.
.. I said Dorm room, hence the closet and bed :P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:48:50 PM by killer rin »