Author Topic: OOC: Nations of the IV  (Read 88293 times)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: Nations of the IV
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 01:48:00 AM »
Well it seems I got my Work cut out for me.

I really need help forming this Sheet but I think I can figure out a good portion of it.

Seems Italy has a lot of deficiencies that are easily fixed, and I plan on doing just that, and not making the same mistakes.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 03:59:57 AM »
Well it seems I got my Work cut out for me.

I really need help forming this Sheet but I think I can figure out a good portion of it.

Seems Italy has a lot of deficiencies that are easily fixed, and I plan on doing just that, and not making the same mistakes.

Just remember, historical accuracy is key.
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2012, 04:02:23 AM »
Just remember, historical accuracy is key.
I know. I just need help finding information to put into the sheet.

I know what I need, but not where to find it.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2012, 07:54:07 AM »
Spoiler for Sweden:
Nation Name: Sweden

Leader: Prime Minister Per Albin Hanson

Territory: Sweden

Nationality: Swedish and Sami

Description of Nationality: Nothing to tell, really

Population: 6,200,000

Society: Swedish society is that of the typical western country, only with some influence from Nazi German society and thus slightly more corporative. Sweden is not yet interested in joining either the Axis nor the Allied powers, but most Swedes have a "United-Germanians" mentality, and the support of Nazi Germany is considerable.

Religion: Mostly Protestant, but also small parts of Catholic, Orthodox and Sami animist.

Government: Parliamentary democracy
Economy: Mixed economy

Military: The Swedish army, or armén, is a mostly militia-based army of 120,000 active soldiers and 280,000 in reserve that are known as experts in wooden and winter warfare, and that makes excellent use of its light armor.

Technology: Currently Sweden has a relatively modern war machine. The standard weapons of the Swedish army are the Mauser m38 rifle and the M37 submachine gun, but many of its vehicle designs hail from the Great War.

National Focus: For now, maintaining its state of neutrality as well as preparing their army due to increasing international tension.

Background: Data unavailable: not much in history was recorded of Sweden during this time, other than that she was still recovering from the great economical depression a few years ago. She was also preparing her army in case war would break out, and she feared occupation both from Nazi Germany as well as from Allied forces such as Britain.

Alliances: None

Trading Agreements: The Swedish Empire trades with most nations, but particularly sells iron ore to Nazi Germany.

Strengths: Sweden makes use of efficient if old light and highly mobile light vehicles and armor, but has quite modern small arms weaponry for infantry, has excellent training in winter- and woods warfare. They also have loads of iron ore to fuel a future war machine.

Weakness: Relatively small and poorly prepared army, very low number of vehicles (air force under 20 planes, for example), has a severe shortage of officers, and has very peace-loving policies...this will all have to be changed.

Best Infantry Unit: No real elite infantry exists. All Swedish infantry are trained in winter- and woods warfare and has modern weaponry, but the army is mostly made up of conscripted militias and Home Guard.

Best Armoured Unit: Strv L-60, a 6,8 light tank equipped with 5-15 mm armor, a Madsen 20mm cannon, a 0.303 Madsen machine gun, a 7,9 litre Bussing-Nag V8 engine, and has a top speed of 48 km/h.

Best Naval Unit:

Best Airforce Unit: SA Jaktfalken

Well, here is my Sweden so far. Those part that I don't know were left blank.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:59:27 PM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »
Alright, done.

Spoiler for The Empire of Japan:
Nation Name The Empire of Japan.

Leader: Prime Minister Hideki Tōjō, Emperor Hirohito.

Territory: Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Manchuria, Russian Far East, South Karafuto, Kwantung Leased Territory, South Pacific Mandate, Shandong.

Nationality: Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, Manchurian, Russian, and various other annexed ethnicities.

Description of Nationality: Within Japan, the idea of a Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere begins to foment. The nationalists believe that the "ABCD powers" (Americans, British, Chinese, Dutch) are a threat to all Asians and that Asia can only survive by following the Japanese example. Japan is the only Asian and non-Western power to industrialize itself successfully and rival great Western empires. While largely described by Western observers as a front for the expansion of the Japanese army, the idea behind the Co-Prosperity Sphere is that Asia would be united against the Western powers and Western Imperialism under the auspices of the Japanese. The idea drew influence in the paternalistic aspects of Confucianism and Koexcrementsu Shinto. Thus, the main goal of the Sphere is the hakkō ichiu, the unification of the eight corners of the world under the rule (kōdō) of the Emperor.

Population: 99,856,818 people across the empire.

Society: Japanese society has been somewhat westernized due to contact with Western society and attempts at westernization by previous leaders, but this has been countered by extreme growth in Japanese nationalism over the years; now being based on the concept of Bushidō and traditional Japanese values.

Religion: State Shinto, Zen Buddhism.

Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Economy: Mixed Economy

Military: The Japanese military, or the Dai-Nippon Teikoku Rikugun/Kaigun/Kōkūbutai, is not a force to be underestimated. It is a large and powerful force of around 376,000 active with 2 million reserves in 1938. The Rikugan (Army) of the military is largely a professional determined force and in theory every soldier believes it is a great honor to die for the Emperor as the samurai concept "to serve" is deeply ingrained in all the soldiers' culture.

The Kōkūbutai (Airforce) is also a powerful airforce split into army airforce and naval airforce, which developed along the lines of Imperial German Army Aviation so that its primary mission is to provide tactical close air support for ground troops while maintaining a limited air interdiction capability, like the Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighter and the Nakajima Ki-43. The Kaigun (Navy) has large numbers of surface vessels, due to abandonment of restrictions of the Washington and London Naval Treaties allowing it several more battleships than most other nations. It is the third largest navy in the world, and is a force to be reckoned with.

Technology: Currently the Empire of Japan has a mix of modern and pre-war equipment, though Japanese engineers and scientists are adapting new technologies from foreign technology and creating their own to allow for greater military superiority.

National Focus: Japanese nationalism, military might, honor.

Background:
Imperial Japan's rapid industrialization and militarization under the slogan Fukoku Kyōhei ("Enrich the Country, Strengthen the Army") led to its emergence as a world power, eventually culminating in its membership in the Axis alliance and the conquest of a large part of the Asia-Pacific region. Its background follows proper historical background up until 1938, before which the Japanese delegation to the League of Nations, defying world opinion, withdrew from the League of Nations Assembly after the assembly had adopted a report blaming Japan for events in Manchuria; this was among the major reasons for the eventual break up of the League of Nations.

Alliances: Negotiations for a German-Japanese alliance began in 1937, and are in full swing, but other than that Japan has no allies due to its isolationism; only annexed lands.

Trading Agreements: German Reich.

Strengths: Japanese soldiers are fanatically devoted and stoically determined in addition to being well trained, preferring to die than to get captured by the enemy. The Japanese Navy is also an extremely powerful force, being the third largest navy in the world that applies extremely rigorous training to all naval personel and uses the most modern technology available. Japan enjoys air superiority over most battlefields due to the combat experience of its crews and the increasingly advanced aircraft that they use. The Japanese also use several effective suicidal tactics to take down enemies as a last resort, such as kamikaze, banzai charges, and Kaitens.

Weakness: The Japanese military is generally resource starved as is, and as a result wars of attrition and disrupting supply lines is devastating to them. In addition, Japan does not have the industrial capability of many Western nations, making it difficult to replace lost units. A consistent weakness of Japanese warship development is the tendency to incorporate too much armament, and too much engine power, in comparison to ship size (a side-effect of the Washington Treaty), leading to shortcomings in stability, protection, and structural strength.

Best Infantry Unit: The Teishin Shudan Special Forces Paratroopers.

Best Armoured Unit: Although not quite yet in production yet, the Type 1 Chi-He is a powerful tank  with a 47 mm high-velocity gun with a barrel length of 2.250 m, a muzzle velocity of 810 m/s (2,700 ft/s), and a penetration capability of 55 mm over 100 meters and 30 mm over 1,000 meters, almost double that of previous generations. Its angled, thicker frontal armor is welded, as opposed to riveted, and has a thickness of 8-50 mm.

Best Naval Unit: The planned Yamato-Class Super Battleship, which is among the heaviest and most powerfully armed battleships ever constructed; displacing 72,800 tonnes at full load and armed with nine 46 cm (18.1 inch) main guns (the largest caliber of naval artillery ever fitted to a warship), as well as having extremely thick armor in several spots.

Best Airforce Unit: The Mitsubishi A6M Zero.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:11:49 AM by Ragez »
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2012, 11:00:35 AM »
Alright, done.

Spoiler for The Empire of Japan:
Nation Name The Empire of Japan.

Leader: Prime Minister Hideki Tōjō, Emperor Hirohito.

Territory: Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Manchuria, Russian Far East, South Karafuto, Kwantung Leased Territory, South Pacific Mandate, Shandong.

Nationality: Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, Manchurian, Russian, and various other annexed ethnicities.

Description of Nationality: Within Japan, the idea of a Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere begins to foment. The nationalists believe that the "ABCD powers" (Americans, British, Chinese, Dutch) are a threat to all Asians and that Asia can only survive by following the Japanese example. Japan is the only Asian and non-Western power to industrialize itself successfully and rival great Western empires. While largely described by Western observers as a front for the expansion of the Japanese army, the idea behind the Co-Prosperity Sphere is that Asia would be united against the Western powers and Western Imperialism under the auspices of the Japanese. The idea drew influence in the paternalistic aspects of Confucianism and Koexcrementsu Shinto. Thus, the main goal of the Sphere is the hakkō ichiu, the unification of the eight corners of the world under the rule (kōdō) of the Emperor.

Population: 99,856,818 people across the empire.

Society: Japanese society has been somewhat westernized due to contact with Western society and attempts at westernization by previous leaders, but this has been countered by extreme growth in Japanese nationalism over the years; now being based on the concept of Bushidō and traditional Japanese values.

Religion: State Shinto, Zen Buddhism.

Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Economy: Mixed Economy

Military: The Japanese military, or the Dai-Nippon Teikoku Rikugun/Kaigun/Kōkūbutai, is not a force to be underestimated. It is a large and powerful force of around 376,000 active with 2 million reserves in 1938. The Rikugan (Army) of the military is largely a professional determined force and in theory every soldier believes it is a great honor to die for the Emperor as the samurai concept "to serve" is deeply ingrained in all the soldiers' culture.

The Kōkūbutai (Airforce) is also a powerful airforce split into army airforce and naval airforce, which developed along the lines of Imperial German Army Aviation so that its primary mission is to provide tactical close air support for ground troops while maintaining a limited air interdiction capability, like the Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighter and the Nakajima Ki-43. The Kaigun (Navy) has large numbers of surface vessels, due to abandonment of restrictions of the Washington and London Naval Treaties allowing it several more battleships than most other nations. It is the third largest navy in the world, and is a force to be reckoned with.

Technology: Currently the Empire of Japan has a mix of modern and pre-war equipment, though Japanese engineers and scientists are adapting new technologies from foreign technology and creating their own to allow for greater military superiority.

National Focus: Japanese nationalism, military might, honor.

Background:
Imperial Japan's rapid industrialization and militarization under the slogan Fukoku Kyōhei ("Enrich the Country, Strengthen the Army") led to its emergence as a world power, eventually culminating in its membership in the Axis alliance and the conquest of a large part of the Asia-Pacific region. Its background follows proper historical background up until 1938, before which the Japanese delegation to the League of Nations, defying world opinion, withdrew from the League of Nations Assembly after the assembly had adopted a report blaming Japan for events in Manchuria; this was among the major reasons for the eventual break up of the League of Nations.

Alliances: Negotiations for a German-Japanese alliance began in 1937, and are in full swing, but other than that Japan has no allies due to its isolationism; only annexed lands.

Trading Agreements: German Reich.

Strengths: Japanese soldiers are fanatically devoted and stoically determined in addition to being well trained, preferring to die than to get captured by the enemy. The Japanese Navy is also an extremely powerful force, being the third largest navy in the world that applies extremely rigorous training to all naval personel and uses the most modern technology available. Japan enjoys air superiority over most battlefields due to the combat experience of its crews and the increasingly advanced aircraft that they use. The Japanese also use several effective suicidal tactics to take down enemies as a last resort, such as kamikaze, banzai charges, and Kaitens.

Weakness: The Japanese military is generally resource starved as is, and as a result wars of attrition and disrupting supply lines is devastating to them. In addition, Japan does not have the industrial capability of many Western nations, making it difficult to replace lost units. A consistent weakness of Japanese warship development is the tendency to incorporate too much armament, and too much engine power, in comparison to ship size (a side-effect of the Washington Treaty), leading to shortcomings in stability, protection, and structural strength.

Best Infantry Unit: The Teishin Shudan Special Forces Paratroopers.

Best Armoured Unit: Although not quite yet in production yet, the Type 1 Chi-He is a powerful tank  with a 47 mm high-velocity gun with a barrel length of 2.250 m, a muzzle velocity of 810 m/s (2,700 ft/s), and a penetration capability of 55 mm over 100 meters and 30 mm over 1,000 meters, almost double that of previous generations. Its angled, thicker frontal armor is welded, as opposed to riveted, and has a thickness of 8-50 mm.

Best Naval Unit: The planned Yamato-Class Super Battleship, which is among the heaviest and most powerfully armed battleships ever constructed; displacing 72,800 tonnes at full load and armed with nine 46 cm (18.1 inch) main guns (the largest caliber of naval artillery ever fitted to a warship), as well as having extremely thick armor in several spots.

Best Airforce Unit: The Mitsubishi A6M Zero.
  O.o That is a very precise population number.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »
  O.o That is a very precise population number.
I took the census report of 1935 and added 200,000 to it to compensate for three years between them, gotta love censuses.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
*looks at the sheet* oh my...Hey SEC, what do you sugegst I play as?

Feels as if we've decided for an Axis world already... :P

EDIT: did anyone take the USSR spot already?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:29:25 PM by mikethor007 »
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »
Does everyone accept this alternate history for the Netherlands?

History follows the same path until the first world war. when the war begins the Dutch are still neutral but this changed at 25 July 1918.
After the German defeat at the Second Battle of the Marne the Netherlands join up with the allied powers and quickly moved to attack the German Trenches in Belgium and northren France. The rest of the war goes more or less normal.

After the war the Belgiums see the Dutch as their saviors from german occupation and agreed to form a new United Kingdom of the Netherlands.

In 1815 it was united to form a single strong country against French treaths. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_of_the_Netherlands )
But now it's roughly the same idea against Germany.

This means that the Benelux is a single country, and add that too the Dutch and Belgium colonies of Congo and Indonesia (plus some smaller colonies in the Caribbean and south America) you get quite a power.
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »
Thought We were going to start with real History and then just act differently.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2012, 03:40:25 PM »
Thought We were going to start with real History and then just act differently.
I'd have to enter the fray real late then. Brazil only started fighting in 1942.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
I'd have to enter the fray real late then. Brazil only started fighting in 1942.
What I mean was be historically accurate for our start date, but during the Game do stuff differently.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »
What I mean was be historically accurate for our start date, but during the Game do stuff differently.
Take a peek at Tobbs' sheet. It's an alternate history start.
Toaster

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »

I was about to say that.
Boo!

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »
Holey *bleep!*. If I go with my country I'll have to get rid of a lot of things, including a dictatorship, and a blasted economy that's woefully under-industrialized, mostly based on agriculture and animal husbandry...

gently-carress.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »
:/

Well Crane and Griff haven't given the yay or nay yet. so hopefully they have to change.

I had a completely different understanding of the game.

I was gonna be Historically accurate a 100% to the History of the Nation.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »
No problems with that. It's one way to start the game.

Going by that same route, I'll be SEVERELY gimped at the start of the game. And I'll certainly have a lot of trouble unifying the whole of South America. Yes, I'd do that. The UK wouldn't have to worry about the Falklands later on, no to mention that Venezuela and Cuba wouldn't even exist anymore.

EDIT: Whomever controls the US should just annex Canada right at the start. :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:25:08 PM by mikethor007 »
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »
No problems with that. It's one way to start the game.

Going by that same route, I'll be SEVERELY gimped at the start of the game. And I'll certainly have a lot of trouble unifying the whole of South America. Yes, I'd do that. The UK wouldn't have to worry about the Falklands later on, no to mention that Venezuela and Cuba wouldn't even exist anymore.

EDIT: Whomever controls the US should just annex Canada right at the start. :P

You know being a Canadian GM means I can do bad things to you...

Also, if Crane agrees with me, I will allow minor butterfly's. The main reason why I didn't change anything is because Germany is powerful enough as it is. :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:49:48 PM by Grif101 »
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2012, 04:48:36 PM »
:/

Well Crane and Griff haven't given the yay or nay yet. so hopefully they have to change.

I had a completely different understanding of the game.

If I would have to have a historical start, then I won't even play because Sweden wouldn't be able to field any threatening army until WWII is already over, and then there is just no point.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
You know being a Canadian GM means I can do bad things to you...

Also, if Crane agrees with me, I will allow minor butterfly's. The main reason why I didn't change anything is because Germany is powerful enough as it is. :P
I guess so.

Oh well I guess i will stick historically, as I have no reason to change history.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »
If I would have to have a historical start, then I won't even play because Sweden wouldn't be able to field any threatening army until WWII is already over, and then there is just no point.
I don't think World war 2 is the only point of the game TBH.

For all We know it could end up not happening.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
I don't think World war 2 is the only point of the game TBH.

For all We know it could end up not happening.
Yes, but it would be a lot of waiting on my part while you are all battling it out.

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
Yes, but it would be a lot of waiting on my part while you are all battling it out.

Don't forget that part about being invaded.
Boo!

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
The same could be true for me if I don't "correct" some things in my "country's" history.

I don't see much reason to play If I'll be just a weakling twerp up until the very end.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
I don't see any problems with starting Historically. I am just gonna play smart.

If you guys wanna change history for some reason if everyone else doesn't care then whatever.

I see what happens and see if I still feel like playing.