Author Topic: OOC: Frontier: The Void 2.0  (Read 69618 times)

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: Frontier: The Void 2.0
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »
I'm sorry people, but the game appears to have died. We tried but I guess Mike lost interest, Wise is busy with school and Rin is nowhere to be found. I'll keep the game up...but well, yeah. Sorry. :(
Sorry for that. :(
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 02:55:17 PM »
Research is so much wooooooork  =]

Also combat systems!

I'm sorry that I had a very story-oriented instead of gameplay-oriented focus in the original game, but it was awesome playing with you guys!
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 03:46:27 AM »
Research is so much wooooooork  =]

Also combat systems!

I'm sorry that I had a very story-oriented instead of gameplay-oriented focus in the original game, but it was awesome playing with you guys!

So does that mean you're not playing anymore?

Also I'm back.
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:20 PM »
So does that mean you're not playing anymore?

Also I'm back.
Cynthia was going to betray you at the conclusion of the Demon King saga.

Demon King held her people hostage, she lied a lot about several things, she was Ninth of the Apostles.

TWISTS!
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 06:10:10 AM »
Cynthia was going to betray you at the conclusion of the Demon King saga.

Demon King held her people hostage, she lied a lot about several things, she was Ninth of the Apostles.

TWISTS!

Okay, nice to know, still doesn't answer my question though...
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 06:20:39 AM »
Okay I'm ready to continue, but I need to know if anyone is still playing. We need three minimum, plus me obviously.
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 07:20:57 PM »
Okay I'm ready to continue, but I need to know if anyone is still playing. We need three minimum, plus me obviously.
Yay?
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2015, 09:17:11 PM »
I'm still good. We just need one more

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2015, 07:38:46 AM »
So close...

One more? Anyone? :(
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2015, 07:02:22 AM »
idk. maybe. Just to playcate y'all Maybe now that I am not running it, I might be able to play.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 09:59:51 AM »
(sigh) Alright if anyone wants to play again, PM me or just simply post here or in the game.
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
Okay guys some minor changes, your homeworld now generates 5RP (upgradeable to 10), full-sized planets/asteroid belts 2 (upgradeable) and moons/asteroids/proto-planets 1 (upgradeable). Super-Earths generate 4.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 01:15:36 AM »
Grif, I just updated the GM Map. I'm posting my initial post now

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 07:46:19 AM »
Grif, I just updated the GM Map. I'm posting my initial post now

Woohoo, stuff's happening again!

Also we're going to have to go over some of the changes we made again via PM, it's been awhile and I have forgotten some of them.

Also could you make a minor map edit, put Earth at 12,11, New Gibraltar at 12,10 and Terra Nova at 11,11.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 07:29:49 PM »
Spoiler for Kaveni Empire;Played by wisekill:
Kaveni Empire

Leader(s): Emperor Zalu Tau

Territory:Tawe System

Spoiler for Welcome to planet Hoa!:

Race:Kaveni
Race Trait: Imperial loyalty + 10 Colonial influence on every colony.
Description of Race: The Kaveni race is currently the only race in the Kaveni Empire, they come from the world of Hoa. They are bipedal and humanoid, the female is slightly shorter than the male but weight slightly more average weight for an adult Kaveni is 170-180 kilograms. Kaveni also have the remains of a tail, while it has become shorter since it lost its initial purpose. The average Kaveni can reach the age of 300 before dying of old age.
The transition of their head to the body is seamless, while this makes it harder to look around they have no weak spot in their neck. Their skin is made up of many hard scales and they are hard to penetrate with most hand weapons except the Sonia blade which is specifically designed for that purpose. But their natural armor is far from perfect, it offers little protection against the guns used in this age and they have weak spots on their abdomen; under their armpit and the backside of their legs.
The most common colors of the Kaveni scales are brown; dark red or dark green and the unscaled surface of their body is always in a slightly lighter tint of that color.

Civilization Traits:
Explorer
Philosophical
Imperialist (Naval construction focus)

Population: 17 Billion

Society: Life on Hoa has been peaceful in recent years, while Kaveni history is filled with thousands of wars the people have been content to live in peace under imperial rule. While living conditions are decent for nearly all Kaveni there is a big difference between the average middle class citizen or someone born into one of the old noble families.

Government: The emperor is the head of the Kaveni empire but a council of 40 appointed and elected members handle most of the everyday decisions. The council can only overrule the emperor if at least 70 of the 80 members voted in favor of the action, in reality this power has rarely been used.
Economy: Open market capitalism

Military: The military of the Kaveni empire is a very professional organization, during peace it consists entirely of professional volunteer soldiers but during war a large part of the population can be conscripted into the army.
Defense: While the navy provides the first line of defense the Kaveni standing army is quite large, large amounts of funds have been set apart to make sure every colony has an army of it's own.

Technology: With cold fusion reactors providing most of the energy needs of the Kaveni empire the Kaveni people enjoy living in a high tech society.
Space Travel: Basic Interstellar

Back Story (Optional): The emperors of the Tau dynasty have over the course of several generations conquered the largest part the Kaveni homeworld of Hoa. While some parts of the planet do not fall under the rule of Emperor most regions have joined the empire, either through force or peaceful annexation. With their homeworld firmly under their control the people of the Kaveni empire look to the stars for a new challenge.

Alliances:None yet

Trading Agreement:None yet

Ok, I'm willing to give it another shot. I'm still quite busy but what the hell, I enjoy these games and you guys already put a lot of effort into it. I tweaked my old Civ Sheet a bit, switched the scientists trait for philosophical and actually defined what race bonus I get.

Quick question, I can start with two colonized systems yes?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:31:43 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2016, 06:25:41 AM »
Spoiler for Kaveni Empire;Played by wisekill:
Kaveni Empire

Leader(s): Emperor Zalu Tau

Territory:Tawe System

Spoiler for Welcome to planet Hoa!:

Race:Kaveni
Race Trait: Imperial loyalty + 10 Colonial influence on every colony.
Description of Race: The Kaveni race is currently the only race in the Kaveni Empire, they come from the world of Hoa. They are bipedal and humanoid, the female is slightly shorter than the male but weight slightly more average weight for an adult Kaveni is 170-180 kilograms. Kaveni also have the remains of a tail, while it has become shorter since it lost its initial purpose. The average Kaveni can reach the age of 300 before dying of old age.
The transition of their head to the body is seamless, while this makes it harder to look around they have no weak spot in their neck. Their skin is made up of many hard scales and they are hard to penetrate with most hand weapons except the Sonia blade which is specifically designed for that purpose. But their natural armor is far from perfect, it offers little protection against the guns used in this age and they have weak spots on their abdomen; under their armpit and the backside of their legs.
The most common colors of the Kaveni scales are brown; dark red or dark green and the unscaled surface of their body is always in a slightly lighter tint of that color.

Civilization Traits:
Explorer
Philosophical
Imperialist (Naval construction focus)

Population: 17 Billion

Society: Life on Hoa has been peaceful in recent years, while Kaveni history is filled with thousands of wars the people have been content to live in peace under imperial rule. While living conditions are decent for nearly all Kaveni there is a big difference between the average middle class citizen or someone born into one of the old noble families.

Government: The emperor is the head of the Kaveni empire but a council of 40 appointed and elected members handle most of the everyday decisions. The council can only overrule the emperor if at least 70 of the 80 members voted in favor of the action, in reality this power has rarely been used.
Economy: Open market capitalism

Military: The military of the Kaveni empire is a very professional organization, during peace it consists entirely of professional volunteer soldiers but during war a large part of the population can be conscripted into the army.
Defense: While the navy provides the first line of defense the Kaveni standing army is quite large, large amounts of funds have been set apart to make sure every colony has an army of it's own.

Technology: With cold fusion reactors providing most of the energy needs of the Kaveni empire the Kaveni people enjoy living in a high tech society.
Space Travel: Basic Interstellar

Back Story (Optional): The emperors of the Tau dynasty have over the course of several generations conquered the largest part the Kaveni homeworld of Hoa. While some parts of the planet do not fall under the rule of Emperor most regions have joined the empire, either through force or peaceful annexation. With their homeworld firmly under their control the people of the Kaveni empire look to the stars for a new challenge.

Alliances:None yet

Trading Agreement:None yet

Ok, I'm willing to give it another shot. I'm still quite busy but what the hell, I enjoy these games and you guys already put a lot of effort into it. I tweaked my old Civ Sheet a bit, switched the scientists trait for philosophical and actually defined what race bonus I get.

Quick question, I can start with two colonized systems yes?
Yep, I'm pretty sure that was what we decided on. Everyone gets two to help speed up the start of the game

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 10:40:39 AM »
Yep, I'm pretty sure that was what we decided on. Everyone gets two to help speed up the start of the game
Okay, sounds good.

3.6: Azua
4.7: Fayoe

I got an old PM from Grif with a starter kit, does that info still apply?
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 07:30:12 PM »
Okay, sounds good.

3.6: Azua
4.7: Fayoe

I got an old PM from Grif with a starter kit, does that info still apply?

Yes, except the RP value of your system, that change is mentioned in an earlier post here.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2016, 12:22:25 AM »
Okay guys some minor changes, your homeworld now generates 5RP (upgradeable to 10), full-sized planets/asteroid belts 2 (upgradeable) and moons/asteroids/proto-planets 1 (upgradeable). Super-Earths generate 4.
Whoops, missed the last part there. I already send you a PM but I will fix it tommorow
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2016, 06:23:51 AM »
Whoops, missed the last part there. I already send you a PM but I will fix it tommorow

Sounds good, posts are even better. Poooooosst.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 07:30:33 PM »
Sounds good, posts are even better. Poooooosst.
One more thing, do the colony specialty bonuses apply for the entire system or just the planet the colony is build on?

Also, I got a general population colony that has taken up the philosophical civ trait but I don't exactly know what this means.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:41:57 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 04:58:33 AM »
One more thing, do the colony specialty bonuses apply for the entire system or just the planet the colony is build on?

Also, I got a general population colony that has taken up the philosophical civ trait but I don't exactly know what this means.

It varies, sometimes it's restricted to the colony, sometimes the system, sometimes just a group of colonies and sometimes the whole empire.

It means it gets a bonus associated with that trait, in this case +2 Influence to the colony and surrounding colonies.
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 06:29:59 AM »
Alright, I was working on addressing this. As Rin pointed out earlier, each system is pre-generated, so the RP was set before I changed the RP limits. So the starting base values are what I described, but the system info shows the maximum potential of each planet/system, so the RP shown is how far you can upgrade resource value.

Also Rin, you do my FTL posts and I'll do yours, should work out fairly.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 06:49:19 AM »
Alright, I was working on addressing this. As Rin pointed out earlier, each system is pre-generated, so the RP was set before I changed the RP limits. So the starting base values are what I described, but the system info shows the maximum potential of each planet/system, so the RP shown is how far you can upgrade resource value.

Also Rin, you do my FTL posts and I'll do yours, should work out fairly.
Figured that would have been a fair way to do it

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 06:56:17 AM »
Grif, whats the ship classification of the Enterprise. I also need the hex you are going to