Author Topic: OOC: Frontier: The Void  (Read 306399 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: Frontier: The Void
« Reply #1600 on: February 03, 2015, 11:26:23 PM »
Alright Evan, if you want the ability to cancel out the effects of the radiation on your equipment, you must spend RP on research into it. No one can just arbitrarily add-on better protection.

Also Wise, Godur and Ragez, post something! Anything really, don't make Mike or Tobbs do all of the work. They're spent.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:28:10 PM by Grif101 »
I'm back people...

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 04, 2015, 07:16:40 AM »
Alright Evan, if you want the ability to cancel out the effects of the radiation on your equipment, you must spend RP on research into it. No one can just arbitrarily add-on better protection.

Also Wise, Godur and Ragez, post something! Anything really, don't make Mike or Tobbs do all of the work. They're spent.

Considering one of my traits is "explorers", and anti-radiation material on a space ship is something so common it is pretty much mandatory, I would like to know why we have to research radiation mitigation techniques. I mean to be fair, the drone has done its work, so the only thing left for the cartographer drone is to either be scooped up or destroyed, but still, I think it's safe to say you shouldn't have to research in-space radiation mitigation, or at least factions with the explorer trait shouldn't.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 04, 2015, 07:55:45 AM »
Considering one of my traits is "explorers", and anti-radiation material on a space ship is something so common it is pretty much mandatory, I would like to know why we have to research radiation mitigation techniques. I mean to be fair, the drone has done its work, so the only thing left for the cartographer drone is to either be scooped up or destroyed, but still, I think it's safe to say you shouldn't have to research in-space radiation mitigation, or at least factions with the explorer trait shouldn't.
I might not be running this anymore, but Grif is right. There is regular Radiation proof materials, but we are talking very hardened. Depending how strong it is supposed to be your Materials may not be sufficient for prolonged exposure.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 04, 2015, 08:06:04 AM »

With an Explorer trait you got FTL earlier than non-Explorers and you can research FTL-related technologies at a faster rate, that's plenty. As for radiation mitigation, this system is unique in that for whatever reason it has a higher and more lethal amount of background radiation than your home system, so you need to research more sophisticated radiation shielding.

It will only cost 10RP, but I'll throw you a bone and make the research rate 20%, but that will have to apply to everyone for radiation-related technologies...civilian only though, this will not apply to nuclear and non-nuclear weapons.

You can still explore the system and setup a colony but it will simply take longer, plus the colony will remain at Stage 1 until said mitigation is researched.
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 05, 2015, 06:21:28 AM »
Alright basic ground combat rules have been established in OP. More to follow, it's not finished yet.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: February 05, 2015, 11:29:51 AM »
Alright basic ground combat rules have been established in OP. More to follow, it's not finished yet.

Nice work, I'll get to posting some day soon.
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 05, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
These systems are a whole lot of stuff to take in. Frankly, it feels quite overwhelming...

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 05, 2015, 06:17:18 PM »
These systems are a whole lot of stuff to take in. Frankly, it feels quite overwhelming...

Don't worry, I do most of the work. All you guys have to do is send me the info and make the rolls.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 05, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »
Don't worry, I do most of the work. All you guys have to do is send me the info and make the rolls.
Okidoke.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 05, 2015, 07:02:57 PM »
Okidoke.

You are so easy to win over these days Tobbs.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 05, 2015, 07:06:33 PM »
You are so easy to win over these days Tobbs.
I guess I just give less excrements than I used to.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 05, 2015, 09:32:45 PM »
Alright I revised the Space Combat rules, this should lead to less lethal space battles.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 26, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »
Does nobody have anything to write? Would there even be any point for me to post?

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 26, 2015, 05:14:59 PM »
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 27, 2015, 01:56:40 AM »

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 27, 2015, 07:05:26 AM »
This game will pick up again eventually, the whole site is just going through a hiatus right now. However if anyone does post I will post a reply, until then I have done all I could.
I'm back people...

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »
I'm ready anytime to start my ~plot~-related stuff if someone needs to give a well needed defib shot.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 06, 2015, 04:49:13 AM »
DAMMITIPUTALOTOFWORKINTOTHISANDYOUWILLPLAY!

Alright, I've given this some thought, but if you guys have any interest left, I'm willing to speed up the game.

Here's my offer: All those exploring habitable worlds will get Stage 1 colonies established, though the normal price in RP will be deducted. Then I will do rolls to determine who gets to make first contact with whom. Sound good?
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 06, 2015, 08:24:04 AM »

Alright, I've given this some thought, but if you guys have any interest left, I'm willing to speed up the game.

Here's my offer: All those exploring habitable worlds will get Stage 1 colonies established, though the normal price in RP will be deducted. Then I will do rolls to determine who gets to make first contact with whom. Sound good?
I planned to post pretty soon, I've just not gotten around to it. I don't feel I need any speeding up.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 09, 2015, 09:44:07 AM »
Darn, just remembered you were supposed to roll 2d20 not 1. I'll just add another roll here so I won't have to change the IC post.
Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:28:52 PM by Tobbs »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: March 09, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »
Oh and by the way, now would be a good time to resume the scenario with the Surda of Mahada . 3.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 09, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
Oh and by the way, now would be a good time to resume the scenario with the Surda of Mahada . 3.

Your turn to post in that case. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 09, 2015, 05:51:51 PM »
Geez, for such a small difference in rolls, that's a pretty significant difference in resource value. I thought I rolled good again, but this planet seems pretty excrement .n.

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 09, 2015, 07:56:03 PM »

Dammit, I am still interested, and still very busy, I want to take my time to post but there is a literal pile of paper on my desk that I need to read, and next to that is a whiteboard written full of deadlines that are coming due soon. Have faith and know that I will return one day to post again! (And I hope that day is soon)
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 09, 2015, 09:40:58 PM »
Dammit, I am still interested, and still very busy, I want to take my time to post but there is a literal pile of paper on my desk that I need to read, and next to that is a whiteboard written full of deadlines that are coming due soon. Have faith and know that I will return one day to post again! (And I hope that day is soon)

:D
I'm back people...