Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 User Review... Not so hot  (Read 28904 times)

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
Re: Mass Effect 3 User Review... Not so hot
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 06:31:39 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
He's indoctrinated. Or so it seems.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Of course, Its a stupid plot device though... He hasn't been anywhere but on the citadel, How is he Indoctrinated.
Anyways, Still hating cerberus... and I hope the main story line is longer than it seems to be... I already united the Krogans and the Turians, and the Asari, and the Salarians... And most of that was done in a single mission. I'm already running off of disk two -.-

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Of course, Its a stupid plot device though... He hasn't been anywhere but on the citadel, How is he Indoctrinated.
Anyways, Still hating cerberus... and I hope the main story line is longer than it seems to be... I already united the Krogans and the Turians, and the Asari, and the Salarians... And most of that was done in a single mission. I'm already running off of disk two -.-
Spoiler for Hiden:
We didn't know TIM was indoctrinated until that comic about him. Similarly, Udina could have been indoctrinated ages ago, as some sort of mole. It is a dumb notion though, I know. Pretty much pulling stuff out of the ass.

Gameplay time, if you do just the main quest, is just under 20 hours or so. Doing everything in the game takes it up to around 40. Much less than the usual 60 of RPGs. I guess they're counting on the majority of players clocking around 20 hours in MP at least.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:01:06 PM by mikethor007 »
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
We didn't know TIM was indoctrinated until that comic about him. Similarly, Udina could have been indoctrinated ages ago, as some sort of mole. It is a dumb notion though, I know. Pretty much pulling stuff out of the ass.

Gameplay time, if you do just the main quest, is just under 20 hours or so. Doing everything in the game takes it up to around 40. Much less than the usual 60 of RPGs. I guess they're counting on the majority of players clocking around 20 hours in MP at least.
Still, I was able to unite every one in 3 missions. All I had to do was go to the Turian Homeplanet, Grab the Krogan, then head out to Tuchinka. After that I had all the main races united. All I have to do now is go see the Quarians, find the Rachnii and I'm good.

I would have expected much more missions in the mains story. Mass Effect 2 had more -.-
...Hopefully the side-quests don't continue to be the same copy/past it has been so far
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:16:02 PM by killer rin »

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »
Note that "running off disk two" doesn't actually mean you're near the end. One of my friends told me he was swapping disks like every other mission.

Also, ME2 was forty hours as well, and ME1 was only 20 if you did everything.
"Any food that involves cheese is just an excuse to eat cheese." -Hannah Hart

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
The game was wonderful all the way up to the end.
And then I felt massively trolled.

My main critiques are as follows:
Spoiler for Hiden:
1) This has more to do with the hole BioWare wrote itself into from the beginning, but it just feels like you never get the chance to get out and explore like you did in the last two games. In fact the Reaper evasion minigame actively discourages it.
2) From the beginning you're hemmed into a very rigid course of action, and in the end it just feels like all of your decisions and sacrifices, your bitter fight for survival, were for nothing. The Mass Relays blow up no matter which path you take, effectively ending galactic civilization for the forseeable future. Now I've got a bunch of turians, asari, quarians, sapient geth, genophageless krogan, and salarians stranded in the Sol system, and worst of all my loved ones on the Normandy are at the ass end of nowhere beyond the destroyed relays. Maybe somebody will come up with a way to create new ones, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Speaking of breath, I don't even know if Shepard is alive or dead, be it corpreal or ethereal.
3) As great as all the silly interactions recalling jokes made on various forum sites were, some of them felt a bit forced. That being said I absolutely loved Garrus' Shooting Contest and Drunk Tali.
4) Cerberus is gently-carressing evil! Big surprise. And TIM's Saren-esque demise was a bit cliche'd in my opinion. Does everyone who gets indoctrinated, and then subsequently exorcised by Shepard really need to slowly place a heavy pistol against their head and with severe languish, pull the trigger? At least he didn't come back as a husk.
5) Yeah, multiplayer is pretty much necessary. They told you it wasn't but they lied. That readiness level goes up higher from taking your quarian engineer and carving through a few platoons of Cerberus goons than it ever will as Shepard playing galactic peace maker. That said the multiplayer is hella fun.

All said and done, I was completely enthralled and this is one of the best games I'll ever play, despite the lackluster Deus Ex ending, despite all these perceived faults.
Here's hoping we don't get any excrementty prequels or Mass Effect: Invisible War.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 01:27:18 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
He's indoctrinated. Or so it seems.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Possibly. However more likely Illusive Man offered him a deal. Probably played the "this is best for Humanity" card.

On that note however, I'm convinced Dr. Tran is indoctirnated. We'll have to kill him to be safe.
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:17 AM »
Too bad the MP side of it is quite vulnerable to lag. I've got booted off of a match at least twice due to "Losing connection to EA's servers". And yes, I could browse the internet alright. Sheesh.
Toaster

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 05:14:53 PM »
I know right? It always seems to boot me off right in the middle of wave 10, after I've used a missile launcher and a medigel.
Also, they had a great opportunity to include some sort of storyline with the multiplayer. I was almost certain there was going to be based on the end of the Special Forces trailer.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
Holy Crap Bioware... Fix your excrement! I'm playing on 360 and I keep on getting Lag Spikes over EVERYTHING. I installed my game to the hard drive, and it still takes more than 45 seconds to load up the save. On top of that, if I die it essentially goes to a black screen where it wont show or do anything. To fix it I have to press the guide button, wait 20 seconds because it freezes, then hit B once it shows up just for it to start updating the screen again. On the Citadel, or on the Normandy its taking me 45+ seconds to pass the loading screen.

I have tried the game with and without it installed to the HDD and its only worse without the HDD. I have tried it on my other console as well and same results. Seriously Bioware. Fix Your excrement

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
Really?

No one else I've talked to has had that issue.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »
Really?

No one else I've talked to has had that issue.
Its terrible. It completely takes you out of the action whenever you die or make a wrong move. I can't even play as vanguard anymore because I'm too afraid to die and have to go through the stupid loading screen, then the freezing, then hopefully the recover. Shepard has been reduced to standing back and killing things with her Pistol/Assault Riffle instead of in the fight, constantly charging and shotgunning people in the face.

...Also My imported Shepard wasn't aloud to keep her Auburn Hair Colour, so now its some stupid mix of light/dark brown :'(

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 08:02:12 PM »
Its terrible. It completely takes you out of the action whenever you die or make a wrong move. I can't even play as vanguard anymore because I'm too afraid to die and have to go through the stupid loading screen, then the freezing, then hopefully the recover. Shepard has been reduced to standing back and killing things with her Pistol/Assault Riffle instead of in the fight, constantly charging and shotgunning people in the face.

...Also My imported Shepard wasn't aloud to keep her Auburn Hair Colour, so now its some stupid mix of light/dark brown :'(
Is it an old model 360 or the new slim one?
Toaster

Offline JDog2pt0

• JDog2pt0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:01 PM »
So far my experience is that the dialog has been cut painfully back. I'm sitting there thinking as Shepard is going on and on that, usually I'd be picking what to say lol. (Yes I have it set so that I make every conversation decision)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »
Yeah dialog is somewhat downgraded a bit. Pretty much though the only problem I had was not being able to import my Shepard's original face. Not that it mattered much, because he actually looks better now and I was still able to import my choices.

The only thing about ME3 I don't like right now is that I can only affect Galactic Readiness through multiplayer. It makes sense that it's that way I  suppose, but it would've been nice to do that in singleplayer.
I'm back people...

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »
The only thing about ME3 I don't like right now is that I can only affect Galactic Readiness through multiplayer. It makes sense that it's that way I  suppose, but it would've been nice to do that in singleplayer.
Ehwha?

Can you elaborate?

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 09:06:15 PM »
Yeah dialog is somewhat downgraded a bit. Pretty much though the only problem I had was not being able to import my Shepard's original face. Not that it mattered much, because he actually looks better now and I was still able to import my choices.

Galactic readiness is a Multiplayer only feature. A perfect ending is still capable of being done in single player without this.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »
Ehwha?

Can you elaborate?

Come now, you know...Galactic Readiness. You must've seen it, it's on the main menu screen. The little tool you can use to see how ready the Galaxy is for the counter-attack. I'm kinda miffed that the only way to change it is through multiplayer. If you just stick to singleplayer then Galactic Readiness is just stuck on 50% the entire time.
I'm back people...

Offline JDog2pt0

• JDog2pt0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »
Galactic readiness is a Multiplayer only feature. A perfect ending is still capable of being done in single player without this.

Well, Gibbed(?) is working on a Mass Effect 3 save editor so hopefully the readiness stuff is saved in there and I'll just be able to tweak it to my liking. I'd play multiplayer BUT the game is my dads and he's going to register it to his origin account. He hasn't setup up his Origin account yet, so being my impatient self I just torrented a copy and I've been playing that. When he gets his account made, I may uncrack the game (if I can without too much trouble).

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:40 PM »

Oh I know that, but I've got over 3000 in war assets and only being able to use half that due to my Galactic rating. Multiplayer also works like ass for me, so I'm pretty much stuck with it.
I'm back people...

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 09:17:16 PM »
Come now, you know...Galactic Readiness. You must've seen it, it's on the main menu screen. The little tool you can use to see how ready the Galaxy is for the counter-attack. I'm kinda miffed that the only way to change it is through multiplayer. If you just stick to singleplayer then Galactic Readiness is just stuck on 50% the entire time.
* Mukora hasn't played ME3 yet because his Xbox is broked.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
* Mukora hasn't played ME3 yet because his Xbox is broked.

...Oh

Well don't worry, I didn't spoil anything really.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
Is it an old model 360 or the new slim one?
I've tried on both my old and my slim only to the same result

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »
I've tried on both my old and my slim only to the same result
Blimey, that's bad.

If you just stick to singleplayer then Galactic Readiness is just stuck on 50% the entire time.
My readiness multiplier is on 100% right now.
Toaster

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 12:45:33 AM »
Well, I got the game today. Still can't play until Sunday, that's when I get access to an Xbox.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 02:31:29 AM »
My readiness multiplier is on 100% right now.

What!? How did you get that? Did you NOT play multi or is there some game option I'm unaware of...?
I'm back people...