Author Topic: Post your Strategy Game Status  (Read 176922 times)

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Strategy Game Status
« Reply #750 on: May 15, 2013, 10:27:26 AM »
I recently put EUIII back on my comp, played a game as the teutonic knights. First few years were real rough with Bohemia and Sweeden teaming up to take me on. Then Burgundy decided to come over and say hi. Burgundy owned most of western france and england at this point. I defeated the sweedish and bohemian armies in detail, then gave burgundy some of my upper baltic provinces to get them to go away. I got them back when England and France took Burgundy down. Expanding into Germany proper I took Brandenburg and became Prussia. By this point nearly everyone around me was allied in one big alliance. I reduced bohemia to a rump state, beat the hansa back and broke them up into other states and eventually took some territory off poland and lithuania. As I pushed deeper into germany I had to fight bavaria several times as well. When they get to be the emperor they can field a lot of men.

Where was Austria in all of this? Well, someone must have told them that a guy in china was giving away free pies, because last time I checked they were fighting the Ming in Mongolia.

Anyway, long story short I formed Germany in 1665, reduced bohemia to nothing, annexed bavaria (bastards) and split Lithuania in half. I'm getting the rest of my cores in germany then I'm going to beat up Austria and Sweeden.
...scum.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 15, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »
I recently put EUIII back on my comp, played a game as the teutonic knights. First few years were real rough with Bohemia and Sweeden teaming up to take me on. Then Burgundy decided to come over and say hi. Burgundy owned most of western france and england at this point. I defeated the sweedish and bohemian armies in detail, then gave burgundy some of my upper baltic provinces to get them to go away. I got them back when England and France took Burgundy down. Expanding into Germany proper I took Brandenburg and became Prussia. By this point nearly everyone around me was allied in one big alliance. I reduced bohemia to a rump state, beat the hansa back and broke them up into other states and eventually took some territory off poland and lithuania. As I pushed deeper into germany I had to fight bavaria several times as well. When they get to be the emperor they can field a lot of men.

Where was Austria in all of this? Well, someone must have told them that a guy in china was giving away free pies, because last time I checked they were fighting the Ming in Mongolia.

Anyway, long story short I formed Germany in 1665, reduced bohemia to nothing, annexed bavaria (bastards) and split Lithuania in half. I'm getting the rest of my cores in germany then I'm going to beat up Austria and Sweeden.
Why not bash the Brits too? :P
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 15, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »

No reason to, they have nothing I want and have been slowly reducing sweeden through successive wars
...scum.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 15, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »
No reason to, they have nothing I want and have been slowly reducing sweeden through successive wars
Bugger. :P
Toaster

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 16, 2013, 02:51:24 AM »
Up until this point I've been very careful with who I pick my battles with. The teutonic knights start with an excellent military but have a very poor economy, so long wars aren't advisable. My general strategy for taking on the big boys is to mass my army, wait for them to invade me, then use my superior troops to beat their death stacks one by one, then once their army is vanquished I charge in and quickly take as much territory as I can.
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 16, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »

I must break you.

Are you intentionally misspelling Sweden, or am I missing something here?

Up until this point I've been very careful with who I pick my battles with. The teutonic knights start with an excellent military but have a very poor economy, so long wars aren't advisable. My general strategy for taking on the big boys is to mass my army, wait for them to invade me, then use my superior troops to beat their death stacks one by one, then once their army is vanquished I charge in and quickly take as much territory as I can.

*takes notes*
I'm back people...

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 16, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
Are you intentionally misspelling Sweden, or am I missing something here?

No, I'm just an idiot   x|
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 16, 2013, 08:21:02 AM »
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 16, 2013, 09:08:10 AM »
So...I just accidentally declared war against eight countries instead of one in Victoria. With Russia having lost their status as a great power after having been beaten to a pulp by Britain, I decided to take Karelia from them, now that I had rebuilt my military. So I declared war against Russia in 1864. Unfortunately, I had apparently unpaused the game and not realized while I did this, so Russia formed an alliance with Prussia literally half a second before I pressed the "Declare War" button, so now I'm at war with Russia, Prussia, Holstein, Baden, Hannover, Bavaria, Mecklenburg and the Netherlands. I asked Britain for help but they said "Lol, nope".

Not all that great.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:10:37 AM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 16, 2013, 09:30:15 AM »
So...I just accidentally declared war against eight countries instead of one in Victoria. With Russia having lost their status as a great power after having been beaten to a pulp by Britain, I decided to take Karelia from them, now that I had rebuilt my military. So I declared war against Russia in 1864. Unfortunately, I had apparently unpaused the game and not realized while I did this, so Russia formed an alliance with Prussia literally half a second before I pressed the "Declare War" button, so now I'm at war with Russia, Prussia, Holstein, Baden, Hannover, Bavaria, Mecklenburg and the Netherlands. I asked Britain for help but they said "Lol, nope".

Not all that great.

That might end badly, however, defeat in detail, its how I won the civil war as the CSA in Vic II. Just mass your forces and crush every one of their stacks one by one. The AI never supports its armies so you can defeat a force ten times bigger than yours like that.
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 16, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »
That might end badly, however, defeat in detail, its how I won the civil war as the CSA in Vic II. Just mass your forces and crush every one of their stacks one by one. The AI never supports its armies so you can defeat a force ten times bigger than yours like that.
Thank you :sorcerer:

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 07, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »
So Photobucket finally decided to accept my CKII images again, so here's a long overdue update on my progress.

So after forming the Scandinavian Empire and becoming Emperor Astrad I 'the Lame', and becoming like a thousand years old, old man Astrad finally died, and his son Mikael was crowned Emperor Mikael I of Scandinavia. This map is outdated now, however. Mikael is in his middle ages now, and has more land, among it is Denmark which I managed to inherit when the Danish king unfortunately died in a tragic accident. My new goal is to conquer Scotland, and from there the whole of the British Isles.

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 07, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »
So Photobucket finally decided to accept my CKII images again, so here's a long overdue update on my progress.

So after forming the Scandinavian Empire and becoming Emperor Astrad I 'the Lame', and becoming like a thousand years old, old man Astrad finally died, and his son Mikael was crowned Emperor Mikael I of Scandinavia. This map is outdated now, however. Mikael is in his middle ages now, and has more land, among it is Denmark which I managed to inherit when the Danish king unfortunately died in a tragic accident. My new goal is to conquer Scotland, and from there the whole of the British Isles.
You should keep an eye on the Mongol hordes, if you're not prepared for them they will suddenly show up next to your border with an army of 120K and when you're dealing with rebelling vassals at that moment you'll stand no chance.

Anyway very nice Scandinavian Empire Scotland shouldn't be too much trouble with the armies you should have now.
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 07, 2013, 09:28:38 PM »
You should keep an eye on the Mongol hordes, if you're not prepared for them they will suddenly show up next to your border with an army of 120K and when you're dealing with rebelling vassals at that moment you'll stand no chance.

Anyway very nice Scandinavian Empire Scotland shouldn't be too much trouble with the armies you should have now.
I've read that the Mongols only appear in somewhere between 20% to 50% of all games, but truth be told I haven't given them any thought. I guess I'll have to watch my back.

As for Scotland, the main problem is with Casus Bellis. I've already gained a foothold in northernmost Scotland, but the two last wars have been cancelled due to the Casus Belli no longer being valid.

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 14, 2013, 03:08:24 PM »
Right now playing the Phenoix mod for EUIII which allows you to play from 11AD to, I believe, 2099AD.

Here is a world map in 67AD with me playing as the Teutons, yellow in northern Germany-southern Denmark.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: June 14, 2013, 03:32:16 PM »
Right now playing the Phenoix mod for EUIII which allows you to play from 11AD to, I believe, 2099AD.

Here is a world map in 67AD with me playing as the Teutons, yellow in northern Germany-southern Denmark.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Nice! you got to be careful though because it seems the Roman Empire survived and I don't think you have the biggest armies. I suppose the Empire will fall under rebellion in time but it may take a while.
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 14, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

You see all those other colours? You must crush them.
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 14, 2013, 06:50:59 PM »
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 14, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
I'm back people...

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 17, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
Nice! you got to be careful though because it seems the Roman Empire survived and I don't think you have the biggest armies. I suppose the Empire will fall under rebellion in time but it may take a while.
The Roman Empire survived until 476AD so it is right on track.  Except with no Byzantine Empire yet.

Observation role focusing on trade.  Well for now at least.  :P

Update Time:
Year is 337AD.  I have expanded to control most of North Germany while the Goths seem to be on their way to challenging Rome... hopefully.
Also noted, I have the highest technology levels in Europe and am only second to the Han Dynasty in China.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 17, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »
Well, excrement, the Mongols have arrived in force in CKII. They just took Hungary in four months. Now the pope has called for a crusade to reclaim Hungary. I have 67,000 levy soldiers at my disposal, plus 5,600 Demesne troops. Hopefully, with the help of the other European countries, it'll be enough to defeat the Mongols.

I better damn hope so, because I'm at war with them now...

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 17, 2013, 12:59:23 PM »
Well, excrement, the Mongols have arrived in force in CKII. They just took Hungary in four months. Now the pope has called for a crusade to reclaim Hungary. I have 67,000 levy soldiers at my disposal, plus 5,600 Demesne troops. Hopefully, with the help of the other European countries, it'll be enough to defeat the Mongols.

70.000 troops? I think the Mongols have around 200.000 without levy or demesne, they start with a huge army. But maybe a lot of them died taking Hungary and west russia so you might have a chance....
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 17, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »
70.000 troops? I think the Mongols have around 200.000 without levy or demesne, they start with a huge army. But maybe a lot of them died taking Hungary and west russia so you might have a chance....
They haven't taken Russia. They haven't even reached Georgia, but they just took Hungary and now it's just like a colony in the middle of Europe. I think they have an army of about 160,000 men, so I'll have to hope that the other nations are strong enough.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 19, 2013, 07:10:42 AM »

Who's them? Europe? Damn Tobbs, you must have been feeling confident.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 19, 2013, 09:52:20 AM »
Who's them? Europe? Damn Tobbs, you must have been feeling confident.
"Them" are the Mongols. I thought that was obvious :P