Author Topic: Empires of the IV  (Read 1351621 times)

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Empires of the IV
« Reply #8025 on: March 22, 2014, 08:41:59 PM »
"But of course, she does." The man spoke, still extending his hand, "But I only have one hand, and so I must give my thanks separately."
"Good."the angel spoke, before stretching out his own hand and grasping the Shiroi Tsume's firmly. "Then I accept your gratitude."

"You would do right to keep more faith in the Goddess."Tharliah spoke, looking at the Shiroi Tsume as if she was looking into his soul. "A weak faith is not fitting for a man in your position, Councillor."she said to him, and he could sense a smile underneath her helmet.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: March 22, 2014, 09:21:45 PM »
"Good."the angel spoke, before stretching out his own hand and grasping the Shiroi Tsume's firmly. "Then I accept your gratitude."

"You would do right to keep more faith in the Goddess."Tharliah spoke, looking at the Shiroi Tsume as if she was looking into his soul. "A weak faith is not fitting for a man in your position, Councillor."she said to him, and he could sense a smile underneath her helmet.
The man took off his helmet, looking straight at Tharliah as he outstretched his hand towards her, "I had not expected this guise to fool you, wise Tharliah. Thank you for your assistance in this battle; you fought very bravely."

The Kaveni soldier recognised the face of the Shiroi Tsume; it was Akifusa Kurama, the Minister of the Jinkou. That he could fight against Devil Jin in hand to hand combat, without even a single injury, spoke magnitudes about his origin and skill.

It also, finally, explained why he was so much taller than the other Jinkou councillors.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: March 23, 2014, 12:21:31 AM »
The man took off his helmet, looking straight at Tharliah as he outstretched his hand towards her, "I had not expected this guise to fool you, wise Tharliah. Thank you for your assistance in this battle; you fought very bravely."

The Kaveni soldier recognised the face of the Shiroi Tsume; it was Akifusa Kurama, the Minister of the Jinkou. That he could fight against Devil Jin in hand to hand combat, without even a single injury, spoke magnitudes about his origin and skill.

It also, finally, explained why he was so much taller than the other Jinkou councillors.
"Such is my duty."Tharliah spoke as she grasped Kurama's hand. "You on the other hand, showed bravery beyond many mortals, in a fight that was not even yours. You may very well have saved my brother's life, even if he is too proud to admit it, and for that you have my thanks."she said, her bright blue, blank eyes looking straight through the gap in her helmet, into Kurama's eyes.

Ieno suddenly turned his gaze in among the soldiers around them, now staring directly into the eyes of Obsidian One. He stepped away from Kurama and stood right in front of Obsidian One, only a few metres away from him. "You. Offworlder."he said, nodding at the Kaveni. "Step forward."

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: March 23, 2014, 01:55:37 AM »
"Such is my duty."Tharliah spoke as she grasped Kurama's hand. "You on the other hand, showed bravery beyond many mortals, in a fight that was not even yours. You may very well have saved my brother's life, even if he is too proud to admit it, and for that you have my thanks."she said, her bright blue, blank eyes looking straight through the gap in her helmet, into Kurama's eyes.

Ieno suddenly turned his gaze in among the soldiers around them, now staring directly into the eyes of Obsidian One. He stepped away from Kurama and stood right in front of Obsidian One, only a few metres away from him. "You. Offworlder."he said, nodding at the Kaveni. "Step forward."
The Kaveni commando didn't step forward immediately, instead he slowly brought up his arms and took of his helmet.

"Raya Etsa at your service" he said as he took a step forward, Raya was limping slightly but the pain didn't seem to show on his face.

Boo!

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: March 24, 2014, 07:35:15 AM »
<<HANGAR BAY ONE: OPENING>>
The shuttle carrying the leader of the Angelicytes docked within the Ouroboros, whose systems responded to greet its former owner. Several offline secondary sub-systems shot online instantaneously, as if the ship was alive and happy to see the man. Once he left the hull of the shuttle, he walked to the door which led into the Entente-held portion of the ship

Meanwhile, back on the surface of Lumen, Reconstruction swiftly began, as the destruction would not be allowed to linger. Isiah, who rested in a destroyed building, dragged himself to away from the group due to the black flame on his arm, which grew and shrank in size every so often, as if it was trying to cover his body but being fought back. Black veins channeled under his eyes like claws grasping him, and his eyes shook from the sheer pain.

Why do you hold back, child of the end?
Is it because you have not unlocked the power in your hands?

"Get out!" Isiah yelled, grabbing his head. The black flame engulfed his right arm. He braced himself against the wall.

Child of the end, Child of the beginning, it does not matter which name....
As each one is the same...
The one of light, the one of darkness, the power of the mighty
This power combines into one, and stretches into infinity...

The black flame engulfed even more of his body. However, a white flame formed to block it. Isiah's consciousness faded away as the two beings within him fought. The black flame was submerged into the white flame, which both almost completely disappeared, with the black flame nothing but a speck. Isiah awoke, but not himself. His eyes were black and yellow. He looked as his hands as if he didn't know them. With them, he created a new lance of longinus, this one white in color. His head contorted inhumanly to face a security camera behind him which had recorded the whole ordeal. Within a second, the camera sparked and exploded, the debris littering the ground. Isiah, or whatever was in his body, left the room within the building, fading into the shadows.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #8030 on: March 27, 2014, 10:20:45 AM »
"Has Ended."

The scene cut to black, as music began playing and stylized credits rolled down the screen. The lights turned on, and Saix turned to Kelly and Rin; his expression showing an uncharacteristic smile.

As the scene cut to black and the credits began rolling, Kelly and Rin both stood there speechless as they took in the story. Not sure what to say before Rin turned to Saix and noticed the uncharacteristic smile spread across his face.

"Seeing how happy you are, I wonder just how true the story was." Rin replied with her own smile on her face before changing the topic. "It was a good film. Im glad I decided to shake things up instead of sticking to our norm. I feel like there were some good lessons to be learned." Finishing as she turned to Kelly who was watching the credits continue to roll by. "Right?" Rin asked towards Kelly who was caught off guard by the question.

"Eh?...Oh uh, Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I was looking to see if I recognized any names" Rin chuckling to herself at the response. The credits finishing their roll shortly after as they found themselves moved out of the movies instance and back into the lobby of the theater where Kelly continued to speak. "Nope, no one." changing the subject directly after. "So now whats on the agenda. We've still got 5 hours before its morning on Aloveria."

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: March 28, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »
As the scene cut to black and the credits began rolling, Kelly and Rin both stood there speechless as they took in the story. Not sure what to say before Rin turned to Saix and noticed the uncharacteristic smile spread across his face.

"Seeing how happy you are, I wonder just how true the story was." Rin replied with her own smile on her face before changing the topic. "It was a good film. Im glad I decided to shake things up instead of sticking to our norm. I feel like there were some good lessons to be learned." Finishing as she turned to Kelly who was watching the credits continue to roll by. "Right?" Rin asked towards Kelly who was caught off guard by the question.

"Eh?...Oh uh, Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I was looking to see if I recognized any names" Rin chuckling to herself at the response. The credits finishing their roll shortly after as they found themselves moved out of the movies instance and back into the lobby of the theater where Kelly continued to speak. "Nope, no one." changing the subject directly after. "So now whats on the agenda. We've still got 5 hours before its morning on Aloveria."
"The discrepancies with the original source were very minor, almost unnoticeable." Saix spoke, "But...the original source on the Eldinian/Ordonian war's final end is considered to be a myth, a legend of sorts; the references to an 'Angel of Destruction' are believed to have actually been a great natural disaster which occurred due to misuse of magical resources and sabotage. Especially since 'Anta-Res' is believed to be an Ancient Edolasian word for Great Devastation, used multiple times in the past to refer to many natural disasters."

"Despite the movie having taken the author's words at face, however; it was very entertaining. We're only just re-discovering these ancient legends and myths, and they provide great detail on what we know to have been actual historical events." Saix added, "I am satisfied with the way it turned out."

"At the current time, I do not require this fragment for any major processing. I have yet to explore this 'AIocity' of yours, so if you could please show me around; that would be greatly appreciated."
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: March 29, 2014, 07:07:35 AM »
"Sir, by opening this door you are entering foreign territory, do you accept this action?" The leader's personal AI said, displaying itself through an arm communicator.

"Of course, it's been a while since I temporarily abandoned the AEV Ouroboros. I'd like to see how well maintained it is, along with Dimitte's presence of course. Last time I checked, his body was infested with GUILT bacteria, but the hasty abandonment of the ship caused his body, and thus himself, to be left behind. The reason why it was abandoned was to hide its existence in the face of those who opposed the militarization in fear of starting more violence. But, even I could not predict what happened in a place 'story-reader' doesn't work in. In result, we are in the situation we are in right now." The man said

"I shall take this conversation as a yes, recording statement into logs for your further review." The AI said, flickering into nothing. The man chuckled and took his very first step into the AEV Ouroboros, the vessel that was once owned by him, now under the control of those native to this world, crossing both a metaphorical and literal line whose result is unknown. The response taken will be decided by the owners', the Entente.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #8033 on: April 04, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »
"The discrepancies with the original source were very minor, almost unnoticeable." Saix spoke, "But...the original source on the Eldinian/Ordonian war's final end is considered to be a myth, a legend of sorts; the references to an 'Angel of Destruction' are believed to have actually been a great natural disaster which occurred due to misuse of magical resources and sabotage. Especially since 'Anta-Res' is believed to be an Ancient Edolasian word for Great Devastation, used multiple times in the past to refer to many natural disasters."

"Despite the movie having taken the author's words at face, however; it was very entertaining. We're only just re-discovering these ancient legends and myths, and they provide great detail on what we know to have been actual historical events." Saix added, "I am satisfied with the way it turned out."

"At the current time, I do not require this fragment for any major processing. I have yet to explore this 'AIocity' of yours, so if you could please show me around; that would be greatly appreciated."
Hearing the request, Rin quickly turned to Kelly who nodded in return. "That sounds like it would be fun" Kelly responded aloud. "I take it you already know the general history and geography of the AIocity?" pausing for a moment before continuing "Anything of interest you want to see first? The City Firewalls, Central Downtown, the Tether, some historical sites?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: April 05, 2014, 10:41:49 PM »
The Kaveni commando didn't step forward immediately, instead he slowly brought up his arms and took of his helmet.

"Raya Etsa at your service" he said as he took a step forward, Raya was limping slightly but the pain didn't seem to show on his face.
"You are no more at my service than I am at yours."Ieno spoke, and the silence grew around them as everyone now turned their attention to them. "And yet you risked your life to attack Antares and do whatever it is that you did, and thus played what may have been a major role in turning the battle to victory for my sister and I. You went well above and beyond your call of duty today."the angel said. "Why? What is your reason for doing such a thing for a people that is not even yours?"

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: April 09, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
"You are no more at my service than I am at yours."Ieno spoke, and the silence grew around them as everyone now turned their attention to them. "And yet you risked your life to attack Antares and do whatever it is that you did, and thus played what may have been a major role in turning the battle to victory for my sister and I. You went well above and beyond your call of duty today."the angel said. "Why? What is your reason for doing such a thing for a people that is not even yours?"
"This battle may not have been about my people, but this war is. If the enemy had acquired another cathedral here it could have tipped the balance of this war in their favor. Besides, my people are looking for allies in this galaxy I'm sure the opinions of your politicians about an alliance have changed as the result of this battle. "Said Raya.

"But I suppose you already knew this, you're asking why I went so far to defeat this Jin being?

I didn't even think about it honestly, the enemy was unprepared for my attack and I had a weapon that could hurt him, decades of training and experience made sure I didn't even think about it. I simply saw an opportunity and took it."
Boo!

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: April 12, 2014, 07:14:40 PM »
-Cusorea, Scakazie-

The club Razzie Frazzy was a Ventus-owned club in the club district of Scakazie, distinct from all other clubs in the area in that it was a comedy club; something apparently very popular in Ventus society. The comedians were an experienced Ventus team who took local Croiz comedians from time to time to join them in their act, and today was to be the day that a Croiz would finally become a permanent part of their team.

On stage, stood a Nyzian Croiz dressed in a Ventus business suit. It looked completely ridiculous on him, but that too was part of his appeal.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen." The Croiz spoke, in a very well polished English accent, "Today, I have come here to make you laugh; and make you idiots laugh I shall."

There were a few scattered claps and laughs, mostly in anticipation; the Nyzian had a reputation for making strange and hostile jokes, it had been this way ever since he had arrived from Atar all those weeks ago and joined a comedy club of all th-

"I would like to start by affirming that you are all incorrigible gently-carresswits," The Nyzian spoke, his expression completely level, "and that each and every single one of you can go cattle-prod your eyes out and castrate yourselves with plastic knives"

At that, the entire room fell into silence. There were a few scattered laughs after a few moments, but the Nyzian actually began spitting on those who laughed; shocking them into silencing them as well. "What's wrong, gently-carressing laugh you excrementbugs." He spoke, his expression contorting with malice as every spoken letter dripped with venom, "I laughed while my parents got turned into monsters, while my cousins tried to kill me to steal my guns, while my world burned and my soul was crushed under the unbearable weight of inhuman beasts that consume your hearts. Why can't you?!"

Some of the Ventus comedians, realising that something was very wrong with the Croiz as he began spasming and convulsing, came up to the stage to try and calm him down. The Nyzian responded by punching, kicking, and even biting anybody that came close to him; screaming profanities as he escaped from the club and ran out to the streets.

He made it five paces out of the door before he collapsed on the ground, foaming at the mouth.

The bystanders in the district, however, had barely noticed the crazed Nyzian; for they too had been dealing with dozens of hostile and rabid Croiz, who had destroyed multiple glass windows and beaten down numerous bystanders before passing out as well. The air of Scakazie was filled with the sound of emergency vehicles, as ambulances and police vehicles sped around the city to try and both treat the sudden wave of madness which had engulfed the city and prevent riots.

In but a single instant, the bustling city of Scakazie had come to a halt as mass panic began working its way through the city. Hospitals all around the city were filling with patients, both the crazed attackers and the victims of their assaults, and the chaos was increasing by the minute.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: April 16, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
Hearing the request, Rin quickly turned to Kelly who nodded in return. "That sounds like it would be fun" Kelly responded aloud. "I take it you already know the general history and geography of the AIocity?" pausing for a moment before continuing "Anything of interest you want to see first? The City Firewalls, Central Downtown, the Tether, some historical sites?"
"Hmm...I suppose observing the Central Downtown and City Firewall areas would be most relevant to my interests." Saix spoke, stroking his chin, "What is...the Tether?" He asked

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: April 17, 2014, 03:04:35 AM »
The man continued traveling to his destination aboard the Ouroboros, whose twisting hallways and chasms seemed like a brightly lit-up maze. He passed several people along the way, each one belonging to one of the various races that were enrolled in the Entente. However, not a single one gave him any time of day, like they couldn't see him. To them, he did not exist.

"This is the ability of 'Story-Writer'...noted" said his AI counterpart.

"Story-Writer is much more than that, but I should explain it another time. It meshes well with 'Story-Reader'. Anyways, we should be nearing the core unit of the Ouroboros soon." The man said

And in a few minutes, they reached the core chamber door. He placed his hand on the security panel, which then  accepted the imprint immediately. The door opened, and he entered inside the core of the Ouroboros.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #8039 on: April 18, 2014, 12:47:29 AM »
"Hmm...I suppose observing the Central Downtown and City Firewall areas would be most relevant to my interests." Saix spoke, stroking his chin, "What is...the Tether?" He asked
Kelly looked somewhat shocked as she heard the question before immediately smiling as she brought up a holographic panel in front of her and tapped a few things. Upon tapping the last thing, the two AIs and one human in the group quickly and suddenly starting dissolving from the feet up till it reached their heads. Within a second, Saix, Kelly and Rin all found themselves standing on a walkway leading up to an extremely large and stylized building with railways and transit options all connecting into the various floors of it. At the very top going straight up at a length which made it look like it went on forever was an Orbital Tether leading up into Space. As Saix's sight was naturally brought straight up following the tether into space, he had a face which described awe."

"I'm not exactly a fan of shifting, but its always worth it to see a digital beings face when they see the Tether for the first time." Kelly chuckled before continuing. "The Tether, as the citizens of the Syndicate world call it, is the central transport hub within this city. Of course there are several, quote and quote tethers on every AIocity world, but this was the first one to be designed and built in AIocity."

Following this, Kelly stopped speaking to give Saix a moment to take in the sight and soon later Rin spoke up. "If you're good, lets head inside and take transport to the City Firewalls."

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8040 on: April 18, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
The man continued traveling to his destination aboard the Ouroboros, whose twisting hallways and chasms seemed like a brightly lit-up maze. He passed several people along the way, each one belonging to one of the various races that were enrolled in the Entente. However, not a single one gave him any time of day, like they couldn't see him. To them, he did not exist.

"This is the ability of 'Story-Writer'...noted" said his AI counterpart.

"Story-Writer is much more than that, but I should explain it another time. It meshes well with 'Story-Reader'. Anyways, we should be nearing the core unit of the Ouroboros soon." The man said

And in a few minutes, they reached the core chamber door. He placed his hand on the security panel, which then  accepted the imprint immediately. The door opened, and he entered inside the core of the Ouroboros.
"Well, this is interesting."

A hologram of a large Ventus male with long blue hair appeared behind the man, projected by a small hologram projector which moved on the floor. Dimmite, strangely enough, had been unable to detect the projector moving across the floor; only now, that he was aware of it, was he able to see it.

"If you're wondering how I knew, how it is that I can see you." Saix spoke, his his expression showing no emotion whatsoever, "You may keep wondering, because I am not going to tell you."

"As you are an Angelicyte, and now would be the worst moment possible to ostracise the Angelicytes, I will give you the benefit of the doubt." Saix stated, crossing his arms, "What, exactly, are you doing here?"

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: April 18, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
Kelly looked somewhat shocked as she heard the question before immediately smiling as she brought up a holographic panel in front of her and tapped a few things. Upon tapping the last thing, the two AIs and one human in the group quickly and suddenly starting dissolving from the feet up till it reached their heads. Within a second, Saix, Kelly and Rin all found themselves standing on a walkway leading up to an extremely large and stylized building with railways and transit options all connecting into the various floors of it. At the very top going straight up at a length which made it look like it went on forever was an Orbital Tether leading up into Space. As Saix's sight was naturally brought straight up following the tether into space, he had a face which described awe."

"I'm not exactly a fan of shifting, but its always worth it to see a digital beings face when they see the Tether for the first time." Kelly chuckled before continuing. "The Tether, as the citizens of the Syndicate world call it, is the central transport hub within this city. Of course there are several, quote and quote tethers on every AIocity world, but this was the first one to be designed and built in AIocity."

Following this, Kelly stopped speaking to give Saix a moment to take in the sight and soon later Rin spoke up. "If you're good, lets head inside and take transport to the City Firewalls."
"Very...interesting, I-"

Saix stopped for a moment, seemingly lost in thought, as he closed his eyes and glowed blue for a few moments. When his eyes opened, a crack of yellow electricity sparked across his body for a moment; before his aura returned to normal.

"Ah, my apologies." Saix spoke, looking towards the concerned Kelly, "One of my fragments has discovered something...unusual, take no heed of it. I would love to see your City's Firewalls."

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: April 18, 2014, 06:35:33 PM »
"Well, this is interesting."

A hologram of a large Ventus male with long blue hair appeared behind the man, projected by a small hologram projector which moved on the floor. Dimmite, strangely enough, had been unable to detect the projector moving across the floor; only now, that he was aware of it, was he able to see it.

"If you're wondering how I knew, how it is that I can see you." Saix spoke, his his expression showing no emotion whatsoever, "You may keep wondering, because I am not going to tell you."

"As you are an Angelicyte, and now would be the worst moment possible to ostracise the Angelicytes, I will give you the benefit of the doubt." Saix stated, crossing his arms, "What, exactly, are you doing here?"

"Just examining the vessel we lost, or loaned to you. Whichever story you prefer. I am accustomed to both." The man said, placing his hand on the pulsating energy core of the ship. "I see the core has no problems, that's a good sign. Otherwise, this entire facility would be endanger of being caught in an implosion. The company that created this ship, DeuM Systems, has a permanent military contract with my navy. They manufacture excellent products." The man rambled on

"As to why you can see me, it's not that no one could. I made it so no one noticed me. But since I did not take you into account, you are able to, and now there's nothing I could do with 'Story-Writer' to change that. I can only make things happen, not change them. My reason here is that I'm gathering information for my next vessel: AEV Avalon. It was originally meant to replace the AEV Ouroboros, but I think they will work in conjunction for the oncoming battles. I want to make sure this ship is ready for a fight, even if the EEF is activated. My daughter was in such a rush to use the EEF, but I can't blame her. Lumia invented this ship's core. She is DeuM System's head researcher and analyst. I'm sure she wants to try out the entire ship." He continued, interacting with a terminal by the core. He was never once prompted for a security login, the ship recognizing him immediately. Dimitte watched from the shadows as the two conversed.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: April 18, 2014, 06:48:02 PM »
"Just examining the vessel we lost, or loaned to you. Whichever story you prefer. I am accustomed to both." The man said, placing his hand on the pulsating energy core of the ship. "I see the core has no problems, that's a good sign. Otherwise, this entire facility would be endanger of being caught in an implosion. The company that created this ship, DeuM Systems, has a permanent military contract with my navy. They manufacture excellent products." The man rambled on

"As to why you can see me, it's not that no one could. I made it so no one noticed me. But since I did not take you into account, you are able to, and now there's nothing I could do with 'Story-Writer' to change that. I can only make things happen, not change them. My reason here is that I'm gathering information for my next vessel: AEV Avalon. It was originally meant to replace the AEV Ouroboros, but I think they will work in conjunction for the oncoming battles. I want to make sure this ship is ready for a fight, even if the EEF is activated. My daughter was in such a rush to use the EEF, but I can't blame her. Lumia invented this ship's core. She is DeuM System's head researcher and analyst. I'm sure she wants to try out the entire ship." He continued, interacting with a terminal by the core. He was never once prompted for a security login, the ship recognizing him immediately. Dimitte watched from the shadows as the two conversed.
"Mhm...well," Saix spoke, "That's well in order, I'll observe you until you're done with your inspection..."

The Angelicyte was about to speak, before Saix cut him off.

"But do not presume, for a single instant, that you hold any claim over this ship; or that I cannot eject you from it if you were to force my hand." Saix stated, "Next time you wish to make an 'examination', you are to file with the Radiant Garden Ouroboros Division and register your intrusion into Radiant Garden with Miss Amanda Waller. Though you may find our regulations cumbersome or boring, you will abide by them; or I will throw you out of an airlock that I'll carve out of this ship's hull. Understood?"

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: April 18, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »
"I pay out of pocket for the registration for this ship, construct." The man said, producing a title to the ship, before putting it away.

"I do know however, that the documentation is worth null here. But do not think for a minute what you say holds any value. You cannot evict me from here simply because you wish to. You will destroy this very ship and kill the people aboard it before you manage that, and I will not let anyone do such a thing. On my very command, this ship could sever all docking connections and head for a cyno-beacon of my choice. Do you wish for me to demonstrate this? I'm sure the people transferring between the ship and Radiant Garden would appreciate you causing such a travesty. You would end up being the blame for the people who would be killed or missing in action, and in turn, your own empire, due to you provoking such an event that had to be done to prevent a rampant AI trying to control a super-weapon for its own desires. Of course, that is all just a hypothetical story, not one that would actually become reality, right? Here's a better question, how do you know you're even in the Ouroboros right now? Could it be that I could just be manipulating the environment to simulate the appearance, and that I made you enter a gate to somewhere else a while ago? Both of these possibilities are hypothetical though, at least without 'Story-Writer'. I would kindly request for you to watch your tone. I'm sure your owners don't talk to leaders of other empires that way."

The emperor spoke all of this as he worked more on the core. With each movement, circuitry switches on the wall changed and several lights and motors switched on and off as part of normal ship system responses.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »
"I pay out of pocket for the registration for this ship, construct." The man said, producing a title to the ship, before putting it away.

"I do know however, that the documentation is worth null here. But do not think for a minute what you say holds any value. You cannot evict me from here simply because you wish to. You will destroy this very ship and kill the people aboard it before you manage that, and I will not let anyone do such a thing. On my very command, this ship could sever all docking connections and head for a cyno-beacon of my choice. Do you wish for me to demonstrate this? I'm sure the people transferring between the ship and Radiant Garden would appreciate you causing such a travesty. You would end up being the blame for the people who would be killed or missing in action, and in turn, your own empire, due to you provoking such an event that had to be done to prevent a rampant AI trying to control a super-weapon for its own desires. Of course, that is all just a hypothetical story, not one that would actually become reality, right? Here's a better question, how do you know you're even in the Ouroboros right now? Could it be that I could just be manipulating the environment to simulate the appearance, and that I made you enter a gate to somewhere else a while ago? Both of these possibilities are hypothetical though, at least without 'Story-Writer'. I would kindly request for you to watch your tone. I'm sure your owners don't talk to leaders of other empires that way."

The emperor spoke all of this as he worked more on the core. With each movement, circuitry switches on the wall changed and several lights and motors switched on and off as part of normal ship system responses.
"I know the location of all cyno beacons on this ship, and can in a single instant have them all destroyed alongside the ship's engines with a single order from Radiant Garden's Super Orbital Railguns which are always aimed at the Ouroboros." Saix stated, completely unintimidated, "I have made this threat before, and I am willing to carry it out if necessary. You cannot move this ship without our permission, and to even presume so is absolute lunacy on your part."

"I talk nicely to leaders who follow proper procedures, not to leaders who sneak into highly guarded and classified areas without even notifying us. Besides that, you are an absolutely incorrigible person who does not respect our rules or understand why we have them; and I really don't like people like that." Saix stated, "Do not test me, because I hold all the power here; you cannot even begin to fathom the processes of my mind."

"And I know this is the Ouroboros, because he's telling me it's the Ouroboros; just as he's telling me both of us are in this room. I have thought of all possible eventualities." Saix spoke with a small laugh, his blue aura fading slightly as he calmed down, "All I ask, is that you give the Entente the slightest modicum of respect; and we will respect you in kind. Your wife has already ceded control of this vessel, and I am here to ensure that you stick to this promise."

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: April 18, 2014, 08:17:57 PM »
Luna, ceding a military asset? Now you're either lying or making a mistake, as she does not have the authority, or the wish, to do so. Probably the later, as you believe cyno-beacons operate on the ship. I don't know what you've found, but they aren't cyno-beacons. Cyno-beacons operate on separate ships far far away from this location. Thinking of destroying the warp engine? Say goodbye to the ship, it's tied to the core device. Your railguns wouldn't dish out damage quick enough to stop the ship from leaving, as it would enter transit in a couple of seconds once activated. And there you go, gloating about the processes your artificial mind can run. You know little about my race, construct. Very very little, it would be lunacy on your part to assume anything right now." The man said, staying calm. He then pulled a cord from the base of the core, and plugged it into a receptor on his neck.

"So much clutter on this ship, you all need to maintain your data better. Command: Raise shield output by 200%, return to normal values." He spoke. The terminal beside him said: <<Command Accepted, Level 9 Security clearance bypassed>>.  He kept issuing commands such as to reinstate the automated munitions factory as well as the ship factory within the Ouroboros.

"Command: Load Extern File: Avalon_SyS_Link.pkg" <<Command Accepted, loading firmware>>

"I think a nice vacation to Elysium will be in order soon, after this war is over."

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #8047 on: April 18, 2014, 09:07:49 PM »
"Very...interesting, I-"

Saix stopped for a moment, seemingly lost in thought, as he closed his eyes and glowed blue for a few moments. When his eyes opened, a crack of yellow electricity sparked across his body for a moment; before his aura returned to normal.

"Ah, my apologies." Saix spoke, looking towards the concerned Kelly, "One of my fragments has discovered something...unusual, take no heed of it. I would love to see your City's Firewalls."
"..alright" Kelly responded still slightly concerned over what happened to Saix, though being an AI herself, the concern soon faded due to her own past experiences with fragmenting her processing power. As Rin led the way up a couple floors of the tether, the three of them made small chitchat. Upon arriving at the floor, the group lined up and eventually entered a group-transport pod which soon took off upon entering the destination on a map.

"You're probably wondering why we didn't shift to the Firewalls" Rin spoke aloud to begin the new topic. "Even in AIocity, most beings don't really bother with shifting their location. There are no limits and its an order of magnitude of times faster than walking, but psychologists have found that with the world being simulated to the degree it is, the general response is that it feels wrong to do. Having such real systems is a pride of Unanian Citizens. That we managed to create Sapient Life in AIs and a Virtual Universe in AIocity to such a degree is truly amazing."

As Rin finished speaking, Kelly picked up. "You mentioned 'My City' earlier, though I'm still only a visitor here. Yes I'm an employee and manager of the AIocity-Syndicate Worlds Main Orphanage branch, but my home is still within Rins HPC, and I hope it stays there for a long time to come; but come in the future I'll have to move to AIocity proper, and when that happens I'm still uncertain which world Ill want to move to."

When Kelly was finishing her comments, the transport pod was passing by several buildings and in the far distance Saix was able to see the city boundaries.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:55:09 PM by killer rin »

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: April 19, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
Luna, ceding a military asset? Now you're either lying or making a mistake, as she does not have the authority, or the wish, to do so. Probably the later, as you believe cyno-beacons operate on the ship. I don't know what you've found, but they aren't cyno-beacons. Cyno-beacons operate on separate ships far far away from this location. Thinking of destroying the warp engine? Say goodbye to the ship, it's tied to the core device. Your railguns wouldn't dish out damage quick enough to stop the ship from leaving, as it would enter transit in a couple of seconds once activated. And there you go, gloating about the processes your artificial mind can run. You know little about my race, construct. Very very little, it would be lunacy on your part to assume anything right now." The man said, staying calm. He then pulled a cord from the base of the core, and plugged it into a receptor on his neck.

"So much clutter on this ship, you all need to maintain your data better. Command: Raise shield output by 200%, return to normal values." He spoke. The terminal beside him said: <<Command Accepted, Level 9 Security clearance bypassed>>.  He kept issuing commands such as to reinstate the automated munitions factory as well as the ship factory within the Ouroboros.

"Command: Load Extern File: Avalon_SyS_Link.pkg" <<Command Accepted, loading firmware>>

"I think a nice vacation to Elysium will be in order soon, after this war is over."
Saix, however, simply smiled in response.

"I have said it before, and I shall say it again." Saix spoke, as his hologram's aura dimmed, "You Angelicytes, are complete fools..."

Fifteen men, outfitted in bulky armored engineering exoskeletons, walked into the core chamber; all dragging with them strange machines and A.I projectors. They huddled around the Warp Drive, waiting until the leader was done with his modifications to begin their work.

"It was a statuary of our continued aid to Caelum, that the Angelicytes were to cede all claims over the Ouroboros. If you were to claim that your wife was lying, or that she did not have the authority; then I would have to notify the Entente leadership, and have you cede the Ouroboros yourself." Saix stated, "These men are going to install a limiter on your Warp Drive, a jammer if you will. I know that Cyno beacons don't work that way, because you have used them in every battle up until now and I'd have to a complete idiot to miss that."

"Please note that it would be in the best interests for you to swallow your pride and say nothing further on the matter; the lives of billions may be lost by a simple slip of your tongue." Saix spoke with a smile, bowing slightly, "Now, I'd advise you to get on with whatever it is that you're doing; and then come to Radiant Garden for a proper reception at our garden facilities. I'd also advise Dimmite to assist these men in making sure the device does not interfere with important functions, but I could care less if this ship were to be destroyed; so long as it does not fall out of Entente hands."

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: April 19, 2014, 07:27:05 PM »
"..alright" Kelly responded still slightly concerned over what happened to Saix, though being an AI herself, the concern soon faded due to her own past experiences with fragmenting her processing power. As Rin led the way up a couple floors of the tether, the three of them made small chitchat. Upon arriving at the floor, the group lined up and eventually entered a group-transport pod which soon took off upon entering the destination on a map.

"You're probably wondering why we didn't shift to the Firewalls" Rin spoke aloud to begin the new topic. "Even in AIocity, most beings don't really bother with shifting their location. There are no limits and its an order of magnitude of times faster than walking, but psychologists have found that with the world being simulated to the degree it is, the general response is that it feels wrong to do. Having such real systems is a pride of Unanian Citizens. That we managed to create Sapient Life in AIs and a Virtual Universe in AIocity to such a degree is truly amazing."

As Rin finished speaking, Kelly picked up. "You mentioned 'My City' earlier, though I'm still only a visitor here. Yes I'm an employee and manager of the AIocity-Syndicate Worlds Main Orphanage branch, but my home is still within Rins HPC, and I hope it stays there for a long time to come; but come in the future I'll have to move to AIocity proper, and when that happens I'm still uncertain which world Ill want to move to."

When Kelly was finishing her comments, the transport pod was passing by several buildings and in the far distance Saix was able to see the city boundaries.
"Ahh...quite splendid, such incredible interface with human psychology is why Unani A.I technology is leaps and bounds ahead of our own..." Saix spoke, a smile coming across his face, "I assume you've already guessed, but the reason I actually deigned to come here today is to lay the foundations for a similar AIocity project with our Galactic Network-connected Neural Interface System. The thought-plane has the bandwidth to allow for such a system, and people traversing between the cities would be a simple matter considering the technological integration that our satellite systems have created; it could be achieved in a matter of minutes, perhaps even seconds."