Author Topic: Mass Effect: NO SIGNAL  (Read 539617 times)

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
Re: Mass Effect: NO SIGNAL
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2014, 07:27:56 AM »
"Sensitive. Right. He's got two of his quarry already sealed up for Tevura's sake. Damn bastard." The Captain states, sitting in the pilot's chair. It's turned around to face the crew cabin, where Yan would be sitting. Her goggles are again atop her head, stare boring down on the quarian.

"Message?" She simply asks, waiting for further elaboration.

Tala, as ever, pipes in when given a moment to do so.  "The starboard side of the frigate matches the customization we have seen elsewhere, Captain.  At the Last Hearth colony, with those batarian slavers.  There would be enough cryo-pods in such a layout for roughly fifty individuals."

"And in the end, said the witch to the drowning prince, you've been the one choosing the path of the Rose in spite of knowing where it lead.  To petals, yes, but the abyss of thorns as well."

Offline Oliviar Valerius

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »
Both the turian and asari turn to view the approaching threesome.  The latter's jacket is somewhat open, revealing a very tightly fitted clothing ensemble underneath, in black and silver, the material utterly glossy.  A window into her dress, if it could be called that, allows an ample view of her cleavage.

But she merely smiles in welcoming manner-- its the turian who answers.  "This is the Ordo Invicta II, aye.  You're... part of the expedition?  Oh.  We weren't expecting for... well, alright.  Who would you be?"

"I'm, uh, Oli," the young turian replies, greeting her fellow turian with a twitch of the mandible. "Just Oli."

Pulling down her headphones, Oli addresses her counterpart properly. "So the expedition is still going? Without T'vado? I mean, I thought she was the one who set all this up, right?"

Offline Captain Seluj Temoi

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2014, 07:28:54 AM »
"He won't live to see Kar'Shan again," the quarian answers, one leg crossed over his lap and retrieving a black leather box from a hidden pocket in his suit, roughly the size of a file folder, "And the Senator has proven untrustworthy. I don't do business with the Hegemony or their associates. Thankfully, my gift for her had an extra little present."

Flipping open the box, the blue velvet interior pales in comparison to the beautiful chain of artfully-crafted diamonds strung together in a glittering necklace, ignored by the probing metal tip of Yan's finger as he retrieves a small metal cylinder from the lip of the box. "A listening device. All the evidence we'll need to convince the others. And perhaps blackmail the Senator. But for now, we need to meet the others and handle this runner."

"Great, I needed the catharsis anyway, Yan. They didn't understand before, though, the others - think they might listen now with a bounty on their heads?" The Captain asks, reaching for one of the bottles of water in the cargo netting. She pops up a straw from the elastic membrane, slurping the clear liquid down.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:34:18 AM by Captain Seluj Temoi »

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2014, 07:30:41 AM »
Tala, as ever, pipes in when given a moment to do so.  "The starboard side of the frigate matches the customization we have seen elsewhere, Captain.  At the Last Hearth colony, with those batarian slavers.  There would be enough cryo-pods in such a layout for roughly fifty individuals."

Temoi almost does a spittake, choking down the water. "It's not the same damn thing is it?! For gently-carress's sake."

She slumps in the chair. tilting her head towards the voice. A metallic finger flicks a switch on the chair, allowing Tala access to the holo-emitter.

"Likelihood of the configuration being exactly the same? Might be nice to be in familiar territory for once."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:40:37 AM by Captain Seluj Temoi »

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2014, 07:40:00 AM »
"I'm, uh, Oli," the young turian replies, greeting her fellow turian with a twitch of the mandible. "Just Oli."

Pulling down her headphones, Oli addresses her counterpart properly. "So the expedition is still going? Without T'vado? I mean, I thought she was the one who set all this up, right?"

"We're supposed to leave tonight," the turian responds, blue eyes narrowing.  They match her facepaint, an intricate design that covers her entire face, except her chin.  "But what do you mean 'without T'vado'?  She is leading this entire thing.  And Oli isn't an actual name... what are you?  You're too young to be released from the Hierarchy's conscript--"

The asari intrudes with a smooth gesture, stepping between the avian pair.  Her fingernails are painted white, matching the coloration of the markings that dot her face, neck, and what can be seen of her shoulders.  "Perhaps introductions are in order?"  Her tone is just as smooth as her movements, as if practiced to be soothing. 

"I am Jaova Avetis, and this is Nixidonia Natalus.  She is roughly the Ordo Invicta II's first mate."  A questioning looks suggests Oli try again.  "And your human friends, please, speak up."

"And in the end, said the witch to the drowning prince, you've been the one choosing the path of the Rose in spite of knowing where it lead.  To petals, yes, but the abyss of thorns as well."

Offline Oliviar Valerius

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2014, 07:42:39 AM »
"We're supposed to leave tonight," the turian responds, blue eyes narrowing.  They match her facepaint, an intricate design that covers her entire face, except her chin.  "But what do you mean 'without T'vado'?  She is leading this entire thing.  And Oli isn't an actual name... what are you?  You're too young to be released from the Hierarchy's conscript--"

The asari intrudes with a smooth gesture, stepping between the avian pair.  Her fingernails are painted white, matching the coloration of the markings that dot her face, neck, and what can be seen of her shoulders.  "Perhaps introductions are in order?"  Her tone is just as smooth as her movements, as if practiced to be soothing. 

"I am Jaova Avetis, and this is Nixidonia Natalus.  She is roughly the Ordo Invicta II's first mate."  A questioning looks suggests Oli try again.  "And your human friends, please, speak up."

"Then you haven't heard," Oliviar replies, pointedly ignoring the questions about her name and station. "T'vado is dead. She had a heart attack on the beach before we arrived to meet her."

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:37 AM »
Temoi almost does a spittake, choking down the water. "It's not the same damn thing is it?! For gently-carress's sake."

She slumps in the chair. tilting her head towards the voice. A metallic finger flicks a switch on the chair, allowing Tala access to the holo-emitter.

"Likelihood of the configuration being exactly the same? Might be nice to be in familiar territory for once."

Given the proper allowance, Tala slips its physical form, taking up the more elegant graces of a holographic representative.  It is asari in makeup, as befitting its creator, the bluish coloration of haptics involved adding to the look.  A dress clothes it, the most obvious feature being a ruffled collar that circles most of the neck.  Its a pleasing look, besides the eyes, which lack pupils.

"67% likelihood.  Drawing from the footage you took inside, however, may I remind you that Mr. Crofporos claimed to be both sanctioned by the Hegemony and in control of four other corvettes?  This would suggest a significant investment, and would necessitate a high return.  Roughly fifty prisoners returned for trial and sentencing would be a firm investment, if the guilty are sentenced to lifetime servitude, as almost all are."

Offline Yan Luos nar Tonbay

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2014, 07:53:32 AM »
Given the proper allowance, Tala slips its physical form, taking up the more elegant graces of a holographic representative.  It is asari in makeup, as befitting its creator, the bluish coloration of haptics involved adding to the look.  A dress clothes it, the most obvious feature being a ruffled collar that circles most of the neck.  Its a pleasing look, besides the eyes, which lack pupils.

"67% likelihood.  Drawing from the footage you took inside, however, may I remind you that Mr. Crofporos claimed to be both sanctioned by the Hegemony and in control of four other corvettes?  This would suggest a significant investment, and would necessitate a high return.  Roughly fifty prisoners returned for trial and sentencing would be a firm investment, if the guilty are sentenced to lifetime servitude, as almost all are."

Eyes moving hidden between the holographic VI and the cybernetic asari seated at the helm of the shuttle, Yan's hand thumbs at the charm hanging from his neck as he speaks, not for a moment concealing his curiosity as he leans forward. "You've encountered slavers like this Crofporos before?"

Offline Devin Caulfield

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2014, 07:54:14 AM »
"Then you haven't heard," Oliviar replies, pointedly ignoring the questions about her name and station. "T'vado is dead. She had a heart attack on the beach before we arrived to meet her."

"Probably the most inglorious way a Spectre's gone out. Could have been worse, though. Car accident, OD, found hung the closet with her pants down and a belt around her neck..." Devin looks as though he's about to add on to his list of hypothetical death scenarios, but the words just trail off with a distracted shrug.

"So, yeah. Sorry girls, but the captain's dead. We came to find out if there was still a job."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:56:12 AM by Devin Caulfield »
Eight of Clubs, Ace of Spades, Ace of Clubs, Eight of Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »
Eyes moving hidden between the holographic VI and the cybernetic asari seated at the helm of the shuttle, Yan's hand thumbs at the charm hanging from his neck as he speaks, not for a moment concealing his curiosity as he leans forward. "You've encountered slavers like this Crofporos before?"

"I'm what you might call a Wild Spacer." The Captain deliberates, standing up from her chair to pull up some old blueprints.  "I run out into the uncharted, and glorious bits that the governments and corporations haven't spoilt yet. Sometimes I'll meet others who have decided to stand on their own, making a life for themselves outside their borders."

Her glance is torn away from the pictured memory, burning to meet the quarian.

"And at other times, scum like this batarian is purged so they cannot ply their wicked trade over these independents. Last Hearth is one such example that needed such assistance."

The alert softly beeps, indicating impending arrival to the Dock, and the hatches start depressurizing in anticipation.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:04:54 AM by Captain Seluj Temoi »

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2014, 08:03:56 AM »

"Probably the most inglorious way a Spectre's gone out. Could have been worse, though. Car accident, OD, found hung the closet with her pants down and a belt around her neck..." Devin looks as though he's about to add on to his list of hypothetical death scenarios, but the words just trail off with a distracted shrug.

"So, yeah. Sorry girls, but the captain's dead. We came to find out if there was still a job."

"Oh my," Jaova murmurs.  Nixidonia is much more blunt.

"gently-carress."

The asari catches the circular pendant hanging from the tight band of red pulled around her throat, the design a silver circle.  "So young.  May she find peace in her final rest."

Meanwhile the turian shakes her head.  "You've got something crossed, though.  She wasn't the captain.  My father is, and he's working on the Ordo, just inside."  She gestures towards the utility door, and presumably the ship beyond.

Jaova collects herself, then steps towards the door in question.  "Perhaps we should go and meet with your father, Nixidonia.  And we can figure everything out?"

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2014, 08:22:38 PM »

Jaova collects herself, then steps towards the door in question.  "Perhaps we should go and meet with your father, Nixidonia.  And we can figure everything out?"

The turian runs a hand along her forehead, following the alabaster browplate until it terminates at the peak of her head.  "Let's do that," she finally agrees, shaking off the shock.  Much and more needed to still be explained, and her people were never prone to acts of extreme hesitation.  Jaova smiles in response, and proves to be the second one through the utility door as Nixidonia leads the group into the hanger proper.

A lengthy hall greets them, all gracefully designed steel and glass, the walls to each side terminating in the communal round all the other bays eventually led to.  The design provides a modicum of privacy, while allowing unfettered access for the various services the port offered.  Between the blast door and the center, meanwhile, sits a low slung craft of vaguely military design.

Ordo Invicta II is painted in dark grey on the otherwise silver spacecraft, just below the deeply tinted windows of the cockpit up front.  Turian-built, the Ordo is of a generally teardrop shape, with a bulbous front that terminates in a tapered tale, beneath which the barest outline of a cargo door can be seen.  A short stubby wing extends off each side, but they are far too short to provide any means of lift, instead acting as housings for the engine located in each, both currently swiveled downward, presumably a requirement to land.  A second set of engine cowlings emerge near the vehicle's tail, but its the nearest wing that draws the most attention, as a turian moves slowly down the ladder hanging from it.

His movements are slow, shambling even.  Its almost painful to watch him descend, the ailment explained when his armored feet finally find the ground and he turns, revealing both a heavy brace set around his right leg and a cane clenched between his jaws.  Removing the carbon fiber latter, he approaches, a strained expression on his worn and pitted facial plates.

"Julius, you could have dropped the cargo door, there is no need to use the ladd--"  Jaova may have meant well, but the turian male's mandibles only flare as he cuts her off.

"Nonsense," he grumbles, drawing to a halt before the assembled group.  Once stationary, his crippled leg is mostly hidden by the half-cape that drapes over his shoulder.  The only other pierce of ornamentation is a small lapel pin attached to his armor's collar, which is otherwise plain and utilitarian.  "Your appointment," he seems to disapprove of the word, "went well Jaova?"

The asari smiles, revealing the white of her teeth.  "Of course."

The alert softly beeps, indicating impending arrival to the Dock, and the hatches start depressurizing in anticipation.

Anything further on the subject is sidelined by the arrival of Seluj, Yan, and Tala, the full body suit, robotic arm, and holographic nature all earning a variety of stares, respectively.

"Perhaps we should try this again," Adilet speaks up, gesturing for the new arrivals to approach.  Only Tala remains someway off, her arms collected behind her back, staring up at the Ordo.

"Name, occupation, reason to be here?"  The human suggests, then offers himself up as an example.  "I am Adilet Merida-Vickers, presumably the intended doctor for the expedition."

The aged turian male is next, his cane snapping against the floor as he stands as straight as he can.  "Colonel Julius Natalus, retired."  A gesture over his shoulder follows.  "And this is my ship," and then to the woman next to him.  "And this is my daughter."

"Nixidonia," she repeats for the newcomers, as she offers arm to her father.  The male abandons his parade posture, leaning on her heavily.  "The others just call me Nix, though.  I'm first mate."

Following the circle they had formed lands on the jacketed asari next.  "And my name is Jaova Avetis."  When Adilet suggests she explain her role on the ship, she only smiles, looking towards the newly arrived quarian to go next.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:25:28 PM by Redtracer7 »

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2014, 05:18:13 AM »
Anything further on the subject is sidelined by the arrival of Seluj, Yan, and Tala, the full body suit, robotic arm, and holographic nature all earning a variety of stares, respectively.

"Perhaps we should try this again," Adilet speaks up, gesturing for the new arrivals to approach.  Only Tala remains someway off, her arms collected behind her back, staring up at the Ordo.

"Name, occupation, reason to be here?"  The human suggests, then offers himself up as an example.  "I am Adilet Merida-Vickers, presumably the intended doctor for the expedition."

The aged turian male is next, his cane snapping against the floor as he stands as straight as he can.  "Colonel Julius Natalus, retired."  A gesture over his shoulder follows.  "And this is my ship," and then to the woman next to him.  "And this is my daughter."

"Nixidonia," she repeats for the newcomers, as she offers arm to her father.  The male abandons his parade posture, leaning on her heavily.  "The others just call me Nix, though.  I'm first mate."

Following the circle they had formed lands on the jacketed asari next.  "And my name is Jaova Avetis."  When Adilet suggests she explain her role on the ship, she only smiles, looking towards the newly arrived quarian to go next.

Straightening his appearance after what had without been an aggravatingly inconvenient venture into Hyetiana proper, Yan offers a polite, if somewhat hurried bow towards the captain and crew. The pointedly silent asari seems to indicate that he should be the one speaking, the quarian man thumbing at the silver charm at his throat as he speaks.

"Yan'Luos nar Tonbay," he answers, setting his chain down and gesturing with his words, "Migrant Marine Science Corp geologist. I can only guess what it was our employer had in mind for my skills and technology, but her message indicated they would be a necessity wherever our destination is."

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2014, 05:25:13 AM »
Straightening his appearance after what had without been an aggravatingly inconvenient venture into Hyetiana proper, Yan offers a polite, if somewhat hurried bow towards the captain and crew. The pointedly silent asari seems to indicate that he should be the one speaking, the quarian man thumbing at the silver charm at his throat as he speaks.

"Yan'Luos nar Tonbay," he answers, setting his chain down and gesturing with his words, "Migrant Marine Science Corp geologist. I can only guess what it was our employer had in mind for my skills and technology, but her message indicated they would be a necessity wherever our destination is."

"Its good to meet you, son," the Captain replies, offering his taloned hand along the way.  His grip is strong, suggesting a youth his injured leg and bent posture belied.  "I never worked with a geologist during my service, but your people produce some fine technical experts, if little else."

Only Jaova seems to cringe a bit at the implication.

Offline Oliviar Valerius

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2014, 05:30:18 AM »
The young turian flicks her mandibles when the call for introductions comes around. She glances at the Colonel and his daughter, her prior enthusiasm seeming to have evaporated. "Oli. Just Oli," she repeats, as though by rote. "I'm supposed to be providing security."

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2014, 05:32:18 AM »

Introductions. How quaint. The inviting group is given a momentary glare of scorn, already assumptive of their place over her. However, in relationable fashion curried long ago by biological influences, the explorer's expression softens in practiced poise.  Her arms pull against the small of her back, left hand grasping right wrist as she straightens up to stand tall amongst the towering aliens. Seluj's neck does not crane to compensate, instead she tilts her head slightly to impose her sight upon them. A slight smirk provides the finishing frame of diplomacy.

"Captain Seluj Temoi of the dark space exploration craft Outis. The Spectre had chased me for my insight regarding the Terminus systems and...more."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:37:57 AM by Captain Seluj Temoi »

Offline Devin Caulfield

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2014, 05:37:20 AM »
Standing amidst the others, his hands stuffed into his pockets and his suit jacket bunched up behind his arms, Devin took in the sad sight of the ship they would be transported in. The vessel looked like it had been ridden hard and put away wet a hundred times over in it's day. It was hard to imagine this thing as ever looking nice, even when it was brand new. Well, that was turian architecture for you. They knew how to build things sturdy, but couldn't make a damn thing aestheticly pleasing if their life depended on it. Hopefully, the inside would be a little more comfortable, but he had his serious doubts.

"Devin Caulfield," he introduced, giving the aging cripple a passing glance before turning it back on the ship. "I can smoke in there, yeah?"
Eight of Clubs, Ace of Spades, Ace of Clubs, Eight of Spades

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2014, 05:37:31 AM »
The young turian flicks her mandibles when the call for introductions comes around. She glances at the Colonel and his daughter, her prior enthusiasm seeming to have evaporated. "Oli. Just Oli," she repeats, as though by rote. "I'm supposed to be providing security."

Introductions. How quaint. The inviting group is given a momentary glare of scorn, already assumptive of their place over her. However, in diplomatic fashion curried long ago by biological influences, the explorer's expression softens in practiced poise.  Her arms pull against the small of her back, left hand grasping right wrist as she straightens up to stand tall amongst the towering aliens. Seluj's neck does not crane to compensate, instead she tilts her head slightly to impose her sight upon them.

"Captain Seluj Temoi of the dark space exploration craft Outis. The Spectre had curried me for my insight regarding the Terminus systems and...more."

The Colonel taps his cane against the ground, a mark of disapproval that matches the set of his mandibles.  He seems quite adept at the expression.  His daughter jumps in instead, her hands occupied, but her tone welcoming.  "Well, Oli, it will be damn fine to have you aboard.  The Ordo can always use someone who knows their way around a firearm."

To the asari, her brethren in blue responds, her painted lips as welcoming as her words.  "That is not to diminish your intended role, Ms. Temoi.  I'm sure the Colonel is most pleased to have you."  He seems ready to disagree, but a voice from afar instead intrudes.

"This is a fine vessel," Tala finally concludes, winking out of existence to appear once more besides her owner (and current generator of her holographic form.)

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2014, 05:41:43 AM »
The Colonel taps his cane against the ground, a mark of disapproval that matches the set of his mandibles.  He seems quite adept at the expression.  His daughter jumps in instead, her hands occupied, but her tone welcoming.  "Well, Oli, it will be damn fine to have you aboard.  The Ordo can always use someone who knows their way around a firearm."

To the asari, her brethren in blue responds, her painted lips as welcoming as her words.  "That is not to diminish your intended role, Ms. Temoi.  I'm sure the Colonel is most pleased to have you."  He seems ready to disagree, but a voice from afar instead intrudes.

"This is a fine vessel," Tala finally concludes, winking out of existence to appear once more besides her owner (and current generator of her holographic form.)

A brief, measured nod is afforded to the asari before regarding the inference.

"Of course it is. There is no reason for it to be not, yes?" Temoi replies as she brings her attention back to the group.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:44:36 AM by Captain Seluj Temoi »

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »
Standing amidst the others, his hands stuffed into his pockets and his suit jacket bunched up behind his arms, Devin took in the sad sight of the ship they would be transported in. The vessel looked like it had been ridden hard and put away wet a hundred times over in it's day. It was hard to imagine this thing as ever looking nice, even when it was brand new. Well, that was turian architecture for you. They knew how to build things sturdy, but couldn't make a damn thing aestheticly pleasing if their life depended on it. Hopefully, the inside would be a little more comfortable, but he had his serious doubts.

"Devin Caulfield," he introduced, giving the aging cripple a passing glance before turning it back on the ship. "I can smoke in there, yeah?"

"Unless we're under combat conditions, minor vices are acceptable."  The Colonel sounds like he's reciting a rule book of some kind, even as he ignores Temoi's holographic VI.  "Regardless, it sounds like we've got quite the group of specialists, what do you provide, Caulfield?"

A brief, measured nod is afforded to the asari before regarding the inference.

"Of course it is. There is no reason for it to be not, yes?" Temoi replies as she brings her attention back to the group.

Again Tala cuts in, perhaps suggesting she needed a bit of tuning, to take into account the presence of someone besides Temoi.  "Blockade runners of this sort can vary considerably, Captain."

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2014, 05:48:24 AM »
"I would hate to interrupt the introductions, Captain," Yan's heavily accented voice cutting in through the distortion of his mask, "But there have been more complications, it seems."

Conjuring the small cyclindrical listening device from some clandestine pocket of his suit, the quarian's omnitool flares to life as he plays back the device's captured audio, starting with the meeting with Atrupi and replaying every word between himself, Seluj, and the batarian hunter.

"This is a recording of our... unfortunate run-in with a batarian by the name of Faskan. He is evidently a bounty hunter of some kind for the Hegemony. He came here for our employer, but... he refuses to return to Kar'shan empty handed and seems intent on bringing each of us back as his bounties."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:50:00 AM by Yan Luos nar Tonbay »

Offline Oliviar Valerius

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2014, 05:53:21 AM »

Nixidonia's tone shifting from inquiring to welcoming seems to relight some of the missing enthusiasm in Oliviar. More impressively, she straightens up a bit, gaining some semblance of professionalism as she addresses her fellow turians. "Uh, thanks. I can handle myself," she boasts casually, "and your ship, too, if the job offer still stands. Which, admittedly, details have been rather sparse on."

"I would hate to interrupt the introductions, Captain," Yan's heavily accented voice cutting in through the distortion of his mask, "But there have been more complications, it seems."

Conjuring the small cyclindrical listening device from some clandestine pocket of his suit, the quarian's omnitool flares to life as he plays back the device's captured audio, starting with the meeting with Atrupi and replaying every word between himself, Seluj, and the batarian hunter.

"This is a recording of our... unfortunate run-in with a batarian by the name of Faskan. He is evidently a bounty hunter of some kind for the Hegemony. He came here for our employer, but... he refuses to return to Kar'shan empty handed and seems intent on bringing each of us back as his bounties."

"Pffft," Oliviar scoffs almost immediately upon conclusion of the recording. "Bounty hunter? He's a glorified slaver. And now he's gunning for all of us?" she asks, gesturing to the four named targets from the recording. "What? Because he's got some beef with you and we all met on a beach? Is this scum sucker for real?"

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2014, 05:57:48 AM »

As the information plays, the gleam of the omnitool reflecting off the quarian's mask, those assembled listen intently.  The Colonel's plated face only sharpens, the blue of his eyes almost lost in the aggressive incline of his brow.  His attending daughter is harder to read, but her free hand does drop down to the hip of her armor, and the shotgun magnetically locked there.  Only Jaova looks on, seemingly unconcerned.

"This batarian is either brave or stupid, and our fleets don't let the latter last long," the eldest turian finally remarks, again tapping his can upon the ground.  The slur that follows is more on point.  "gently-carressing blinks."

Jaova meanwhile slips through the circled group, finding Yan's side.  One hand finds his shoulder, the other his arm, gently pressing against the haptic buttons there.  Replaying a particular portion, wherein Faskan had explained his giving of a head start, she looks up to the quarian.  "You were there, do you believe this allowance was made in good faith?  I am... disheartened to learn that Hyetiana's government would condone his presence, and I cannot believe they would do so for long."

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2014, 06:02:22 AM »
Nixidonia's tone shifting from inquiring to welcoming seems to relight some of the missing enthusiasm in Oliviar. More impressively, she straightens up a bit, gaining some semblance of professionalism as she addresses her fellow turians. "Uh, thanks. I can handle myself," she boasts casually, "and your ship, too, if the job offer still stands. Which, admittedly, details have been rather sparse on."

"Pffft," Oliviar scoffs almost immediately upon conclusion of the recording. "Bounty hunter? He's a glorified slaver. And now he's gunning for all of us?" she asks, gesturing to the four named targets from the recording. "What? Because he's got some beef with you and we all met on a beach? Is this scum sucker for real?"

"Very," the quarian answers, closing his omnitool and crossing his arms in front of his chest, one foot sliding back as he cocks his head to the side, "He cannot have V'nado as a bounty, therefore he is convinced having her associates and hires will make up for the effort."

As the information plays, the gleam of the omnitool reflecting off the quarian's mask, those assembled listen intently.  The Colonel's plated face only sharpens, the blue of his eyes almost lost in the aggressive incline of his brow.  His attending daughter is harder to read, but her free hand does drop down to the hip of her armor, and the shotgun magnetically locked there.  Only Jaova looks on, seemingly unconcerned.

"This batarian is either brave or stupid, and our fleets don't let the latter last long," the eldest turian finally remarks, again tapping his can upon the ground.  The slur that follows is more on point.  "gently-carressing blinks."

Jaova meanwhile slips through the circled group, finding Yan's side.  One hand finds his shoulder, the other his arm, gently pressing against the haptic buttons there.  Replaying a particular portion, wherein Faskan had explained his giving of a head start, she looks up to the quarian.  "You were there, do you believe this allowance was made in good faith?  I am... disheartened to learn that Hyetiana's government would condone his presence, and I cannot believe they would do so for long."

Turning as the asari comes so close to him, his glimmering gunmetal and bronze plates reflecting his omnitool as it replays the almost languid pleasure the batarian took in his words, Yan nods gravely. "I was meeting with Miss Atrupi under an assumed legitimate business discussion... On behalf of the Senator, no less. I have no reason to doubt the truth of his words."

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2014, 06:03:00 AM »

"We will have to see where the job stands," Nixidonia replies, giving Oli a second-- longer-- look.  Her attention seems to focus on the series of jet outlets spread throughout the newcomer's armor.  Instead of commenting on them, however, she listens once more as Jaova replays parts of the conversation.

"He appears to know she was a Spectre.  Only the four of us on the Ordo were supposed to know that.  V'nado, I mean.  Perhaps he thinks her expedition was further along than he suspected?  She has been on the planet for awhile, and before that at the Citadel, I believe."