Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heros of Stalingrad  (Read 3340 times)

Offline FsDxRAGE

• If it looks good, eat it you moron.
    • FsDxRAGE
    • vSYNERGISMv
    • View Profile
Red Orchestra 2: Heros of Stalingrad
« on: July 31, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »
Ever since the first game was released, I was mesmerized by the authenticity of this World War II first person shooter, set in the bleak, brutal, and downright violent backdrop of the Eastern Front where you could play as the Wehrmacht or a Red Army soldier. The attention to detail (it is me talking, you know) and the sounds of war blew me away, both from the abrasive infantry experience to the 800 meter, realistic armor engagements. Now, my friends, the second installment is coming out on 8/30/11 to which I am trembling with excitement, almost to the point where I am curled in the fetal position, fists balled up, and eyes glazed over, staring into oblivion in a stupor joy. My reason for this downright weird anticipation is that there are two campaigns, one where you play as a Red Army platoon and wait for it... one where you play as the Wehrmacht, which really hasn't been done before. Using my eyes and ears, which have been labeled ruthless by some when weeding out inconsequential faults in games, I have noticed that this game is spot on, from the way the Wehrmacht soldiers hold their Mauser K98k when moving from cover to cover, to the sounds of bullets breaking the sound-barrier when cleaving their way towards your skull. I cannot be more excited for game to embed itself into my hard dive.  Will anyone else be joining me in this authentic, historical game when it hits the shelves in late August?

Offline Savakka1

• Pro Quarian
    • View Profile
Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heros of Stalingrad
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »
I might not be nearly as excited as you are, but I sure loved the first game, and I really am not a huge fan of FPS games. But the first game was just so delicious, from the same reasons you already mentioned, that I'm sure to get this.
And both German and Soviet campaigns situated on my favourite battle of WW2? Double win.

Offline Savakka1

• Pro Quarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »
A preview of the 2nd mission of the Soviet campaign.

red orchestra 2 heroes of stalingrad russian campaign

Kinda reckless play, IMHO. But still cool. Sure looks like good old Red Orchestra. :P

Offline FsDxRAGE

• If it looks good, eat it you moron.
    • FsDxRAGE
    • vSYNERGISMv
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 05:11:24 PM »
I remember watching this a while ago. So excited.

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
They say sometimes that you carry a team...
Well I got pretty close to that.

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends