Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 42322 times)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »
So the Indien I was talking about getting. Bought that today. Gonna wait a bit before I kit it out or play it, since I may get some free gold soon so I will be able to free EXP the tracks then earn the rest.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2015, 06:12:01 AM »
Almost got indien maxxed out, need engine then it should no longer be so sluggish.

Also working on new line of french medium tanks, which leads up to the Renault G1, also known as the Char G1. The Renault has a modified turret. I want it cause it looks like a mini version of my BDR G1B which also is cute because it looks like a toy tank.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2015, 07:33:33 AM »
Another update since only I really care about this game. :P

Just started a new heavy tank line and got up to the tier seven. This specific line is none other than the japanese heavy/superheavy tank line. over half of these tanks are entirely blueprint only tanks, and some may have been contructed partially then scrapped due to need of the steel for other projects.

These tanks are fun as hell once you get past the nightmare that is tier 2-4. Tier 4 being the worst of all. But after that atrocity you get a tier 5 100 ton super heavy...yes at tier 5. It is amazing, and fun as hell, it has armor identical to a KV-1 but, not as bouncy due to alot of flat surfaces. however you are compensated with 105mm cannon at tier 5 with 300 dmg average. It is a brawler like no other. I also forgot to mention its as fast as a medium tank.... 40km/h. When you have the top engine at least. So Ram killing is very much a thing. Invest in the ramming skill for the driver. However be ready to be a big target for arty, and not be very tough due to bad armor profile.

tier 5

at tier 6 its the same tank but heavier. because the armor was doubled, on bother the front and rear, as well as the turret. 150mm armor on all sides of the turret and the front and back of the hull, only 70mm on the side. Your stock gun is a pretty good 105mm with 175mm pen, and a meh reload. the next gun is a derp gun, a 15cm derp. You are a super armored kv-2, with a slightly worse reload, but slightly better aim, and better pen for ap ammo, and pretty good heat ammo. You lose pen on the HE so it is not as likely to pen armor, but it is still viable. as I said with the AP it is better at 121mm of pen, meaning you can wreck tier 5's with it and surprise tier 6's with insta death and even bewilder tier 7's and 8's with good shots at sides and weak spots.

tier 6

at tier 7 we get better frontal armor of 175mm on a decently sloped front, still 70 on the sides of the hull and 150 on the rear. the turret gets 200 at the front now, but 150 on all other sides, however the cheeks are well sloped giving excellent armor from the front. The stock gun is the same 105 from the tier six, and we also can still use the 15cm cannon, with an even better reload from a platform that is higher than other tanks, meaning you can shoot into the top armor of tanks who are close to you. the final gun is another 105 with worse reload than the stock one, but higher pen at 190mm, just shy of the same pen as the t29's top gun, it has a better reload than the t29 as well, and exactly the same gun handling as the t29's gun. However I have found that I still prefer the 15cm on this tank, its pen is not as reliable with ap, but I can always hurt thing with he in it, and a roughly 19 second reload isn't too bad. Which gun you choose depends on preference, I tried the 105, but it makes this tank less reliable since it is big and slow you want some fear factor with your gun. With the 105 you are more support than anything unless you are top tank. With the derp, you can brawl and always cause good damage. another thing to note is while this tank is taller and has more armor than the tier 6, it is lighter. Then again it isn't as wide as the previous tank.

tier 7

The tier 8 gets even better but I won't write much on it till I experience it myself.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:54:08 PM by LordNecross »

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2015, 03:17:21 AM »
World of Warships has been taking up most of my F2P war games.  Admiral Hipper is too fun, love my Kriegmarine ships.

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends