Author Topic: Talk about your day  (Read 1565258 times)

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about your day
« Reply #9950 on: November 14, 2015, 01:37:07 PM »
Hello everyone/anyone still frequenting this site. Since I - as I'm sure a lot of you already know -  was in the deep swamp of depression when I left this site, I feel I should give you all an uppdate on my life.

I hit rock bottom not very long ago and got forced to start taking anti-depressants. That medicine world wonders and allowed me ro build up some confidence and motivation. I now feel better than I remember ever feeling. I still don't really know what to do in my life, but for the first time in years, I see brightness in my future ^u^

Just in case anyone was wondering what I was doing  nowadays :P

Good to hear Tobbs!

So about Paris. Seems the world really needs to crack down and exterminate these extremists like the animals they are, they can't be allowed to continue doing this excrement with all of our weak policies on dealing with them.

Indeed, looking at the various statements made by Hollande and other world leaders I expect NATO article 5 to be invoked in the next couple days, with lessons learned from after 9/11 I hope that this war will be less bloody on our side, and be done faster.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. Most days I spend some time in 3 major Dutch nodes of public transportation while traveling through 2 others on my way to and from university. While the terrorist threat level has been substantial for more then a year now I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was scaled up to critical sometime soon. Especially when the army is going boots on the ground in Syria and Iraq.
Boo!

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• I have a bad feeling about this...
    • http://mazder-1x5.deviantart.com/
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031547390
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: November 14, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »
Hello everyone/anyone still frequenting this site. Since I - as I'm sure a lot of you already know -  was in the deep swamp of depression when I left this site, I feel I should give you all an uppdate on my life.

I hit rock bottom not very long ago and got forced to start taking anti-depressants. That medicine world wonders and allowed me ro build up some confidence and motivation. I now feel better than I remember ever feeling. I still don't really know what to do in my life, but for the first time in years, I see brightness in my future ^u^

I missed this when you first posted it but I am very, very glad to hear this Tobbs!
Now you can see clearly I hope you see your own potential as others do! :D

So about Paris. Seems the world really needs to crack down and exterminate these extremists like the animals they are, they can't be allowed to continue doing this excrement with all of our weak policies on dealing with them.
Best way to do that is to stop fearing them and fearing the darkness they live in. Stop letting them get to us and to reach out to those who are kind, generous and normal people and stop associating them with these monsters.

Indeed, looking at the various statements made by Hollande and other world leaders I expect NATO article 5 to be invoked in the next couple days, with lessons learned from after 9/11 I hope that this war will be less bloody on our side, and be done faster.
Indeed.
Come look at my art.
Deviantart: http://mazder-1x5.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://mazderverhal.tumblr.com/
Leave ideas or critiques or anything with me there or anywhere you can reach me. :)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: November 14, 2015, 07:24:49 PM »
Best way to do that is to stop fearing them and fearing the darkness they live in. Stop letting them get to us and to reach out to those who are kind, generous and normal people and stop associating them with these monsters.

Let me know how that works out while the military takes care of the problem.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:32:45 PM by LordNecross »

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #9953 on: November 14, 2015, 07:26:13 PM »

Glad to hear your starting to feel better Tobbs. :)

Completely agree. The world as a whole needs to stop sitting back and begin to actually do something about these extremists.

Honestly, now that we have an actual deathcount from a terror incident on Western Civilization I wouldn't be surprised if we see NATO article 5 being invoked any day now. They were largely left alone in the middle east because their wars didn't directly effect us, but as we've seen in the aftermath of 9/11, something will break, and something will happen relatively soon
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:32:01 PM by killer rin »

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: November 15, 2015, 07:25:35 AM »
Let me know how that works out while the military takes care of the problem.
Yes because Jackbooted thugs hauling out civilians and shooting them in the back of the head isn't an Orwellian nightmare.
Oh, wait, that was already tried...where was that...oh yeah, every dictatorship in history.

Do not let these monsters turn you into monsters by over reacting to their scare politics. The whole problem isn't some big bad guy in a far away country. The guys that influenced ISIS and their cohorts are right among us, leading our countries and our military forces. If you truly believe we do not have a hand in creating this monster then you clearly haven't been paying attention to history for the past 400-500 years.
The main problem we have right now is these arseheads making us fear our normal neighbours for the religion they follow. Making us paranoid so we don't have clear heads to follow the actual threats. Yeah there may be a few who have some unreasonable demands, but what we don't do is start locking them up or being violent towards them before they actually present some actual violence themselves, otherwise we are no better than the terrorists that enact such fears upon us in our lives.

Am I saying we should ignore all danger? Hell, the gently-carress, no. I am merely stating that we do not let the fear and paranoia turn us into worse monsters than those that are far away. We know where ISIS is, we just don't know where their fingers are in our countries. The best way to make them not have influence is to make it a place inhospitable for their fingers to be. As in make their scare tactics worthless. Not with a show of force, because that's what they want, you show them their fear mongering can not touch you, that they have no effect on you.
Then they make the mistakes and they come at you reckless, and then they're easier to get rid of.

Honestly, now that we have an actual deathcount from a terror incident on Western Civilization I wouldn't be surprised if we see NATO article 5 being invoked any day now. They were largely left alone in the middle east because their wars didn't directly effect us, but as we've seen in the aftermath of 9/11, something will break, and something will happen relatively soon
It's going to be veeeeery messy before it's over.
There are going to be riots and possibly civilians being mistreated if it's not handled right.
Come look at my art.
Leave ideas or critiques or anything with me there or anywhere you can reach me. :)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: November 15, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
Yes because Jackbooted thugs hauling out civilians and shooting them in the back of the head isn't an Orwellian nightmare.
Oh, wait, that was already tried...where was that...oh yeah, every dictatorship in history.

Do not let these monsters turn you into monsters by over reacting to their scare politics. The whole problem isn't some big bad guy in a far away country. The guys that influenced ISIS and their cohorts are right among us, leading our countries and our military forces. If you truly believe we do not have a hand in creating this monster then you clearly haven't been paying attention to history for the past 400-500 years.
The main problem we have right now is these arseheads making us fear our normal neighbours for the religion they follow. Making us paranoid so we don't have clear heads to follow the actual threats. Yeah there may be a few who have some unreasonable demands, but what we don't do is start locking them up or being violent towards them before they actually present some actual violence themselves, otherwise we are no better than the terrorists that enact such fears upon us in our lives.

Am I saying we should ignore all danger? Hell, the gently-carress, no. I am merely stating that we do not let the fear and paranoia turn us into worse monsters than those that are far away. We know where ISIS is, we just don't know where their fingers are in our countries. The best way to make them not have influence is to make it a place inhospitable for their fingers to be. As in make their scare tactics worthless. Not with a show of force, because that's what they want, you show them their fear mongering can not touch you, that they have no effect on you.
Then they make the mistakes and they come at you reckless, and then they're easier to get rid of.
You sure take a lot out of few words. They don't care if we get mad, scared or anything. They kill because they can, pretending nothing is wrong won't stop them from killing hundreds to thousands of people without warning. The whole point is for them to strike and die, and be happy they took innocent lives, how we react doesn't really matter to them. Its the fact they can do things we can't that empowers them, they don't have to care about human lives while we do.

I also never said to persecute Muslims for the acts of terrorists. So I don't know where you are pulling this from but I hope wherever it came from is clean.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: November 15, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:26:11 AM by Rune »

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: November 15, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »
You sure take a lot out of few words. They don't care if we get mad, scared or anything. They kill because they can, pretending nothing is wrong won't stop them from killing hundreds to thousands of people without warning. The whole point is for them to strike and die, and be happy they took innocent lives, how we react doesn't really matter to them. Its the fact they can do things we can't that empowers them, they don't have to care about human lives while we do.

I also never said to persecute Muslims for the acts of terrorists. So I don't know where you are pulling this from but I hope wherever it came from is clean.
That is because the same people who use the same words you used intend for a lot of evil in this world.
If all they cared for was killing they would not even bother with us and would kill away in their own corner of the world. They have an agenda, it is one that puts their purview of their religion on top and to dominate everyone else, by force. There are rumours of one of the people involved to have come off the masses involved with Syria. If the case of they just want to kill people were true then why bother coming all the way over to France? Why not cause more chaos in their own region?
Because they knew there were like minded peopel in France and knew they could get to the French through them.

No, you didn't, but those in power who follow the idea you put forth, a very big show of force with more restrictions put in place to find these people, more eyes in public and private places, welcome or not, these people are not the kind of people we want dealing with the sensitive side.
Once we've found a big group of confirmed enemy we can let them loose all we like, but let's not have them in charge of doing things "for our benefit". Because that is a pretty rocky road to start going down. One I hope we're in agreement on. :D

The taking of one life does not and cannot justify the destruction of another. There is always another way.
Sometimes there is. And sadly we are the ones who hold the moral high ground as Necross said. We must however ensure that we do not slip to their ranks in order to get revenge.
Come look at my art.

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: November 15, 2015, 04:41:33 PM »
The taking of one life does not and cannot justify the destruction of another. There is always another way.

That's a nice ideal, and in most cases I'd agree. But not with the case of ISIS.

They're a disgrace upon humanity. The crimes they've commited, in France but mostly in Syria and Iraq... There is no excuse, these people are litteraly insane and dangerous and deserve death. There is no way to find out who commited what crime, but they all joined an orginization that is known to keep girls under 10 years old as slaves and gang rapes them. Enough said. Death is the only acceptable option.

There have only been a few cases in human history where a conflict was so black and white as the fight against ISIS is.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:43:12 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: November 16, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
Oh Rune. You can't upper left blue to victory in real life, man. It would be nice if it was that simple, but that requires everyone to universally agree, a thing that will never happen in reality.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
« Reply #9960 on: November 17, 2015, 10:31:29 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:26:03 AM by Rune »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: November 17, 2015, 07:39:21 PM »
Eh...ISIS is already at the point of total fanaticism. They're not going to stop. Ever.

Political and economic sanctions are not going to have an effect. And armed conflict will not solve the issue either, because one can't really kill them without leaving sleeper cells plotting for revenge.

It's going to be veeeeery messy before it's over.
There are going to be riots and possibly civilians being mistreated if it's not handled right.
Indeed. It will be very, very messy. But I'm not expecting "mere" riots and civilian mistreatment. I'm expecting full-scale loss of life, even more than in the civil war that has been going on in Syria.

The only economic/political/whatever measure I see having an effect would be to totally, and i mean, TOTALLY drain them of their money. Will that happen? Not likely. Can that happen? Maybe, but also not likely. Someone will always help them behind the curtains, if only to undermine the efforts made by NATO and western nations.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: November 17, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »
I have never subscribed to the idea that political power flows from the barrel of a gun. They win by forcing us to become like them. There is always another way.
The problem there is that this is not about political power, this conflict of the world VS ISIS is about ideologies. And the ideology that ISIS suscribes to is just not acceptable and must be stopped.

So the question is, how do you stop someone who wants to kill, torture, rape and pillage? You kill him.

We already do everthing that's possible to stop their influence and 'de-radicalize' possible recruits, but this system isn't perfect and will never be.

So for anyone who has already joined or still radicalizes I honestly don't know a better realistic solution then a bomb or a bullet.

The only economic/political/whatever measure I see having an effect would be to totally, and i mean, TOTALLY drain them of their money. Will that happen? Not likely. Can that happen? Maybe, but also not likely. Someone will always help them behind the curtains, if only to undermine the efforts made by NATO and western nations.

It'll have an effect yeah but it won't even come close to getting rid of them.
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: November 19, 2015, 04:26:16 AM »
In terms of funding. ISIS has about as much funds as a small and very poor country, which is actually a lot of money for a terrorist group, and they make most of it through local means and black market. Which is why its hard to attack them economically because they don't depend on anything we can affect without dropping bombs.

As for what you say Rune. Politics do not come from guns, they come from those who give consent to the government to govern. The people allow the guns to be used. Trying to not use guns on them is like  trying to talk down an angry animal that is going to bite you regardless.

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: November 19, 2015, 10:17:18 AM »
In terms of funding. ISIS has about as much funds as a small and very poor country, which is actually a lot of money for a terrorist group, and they make most of it through local means and black market. Which is why its hard to attack them economically because they don't depend on anything we can affect without dropping bombs.

As for what you say Rune. Politics do not come from guns, they come from those who give consent to the government to govern. The people allow the guns to be used. Trying to not use guns on them is like  trying to talk down an angry animal that is going to bite you regardless.
I think he was less literal about the guns though.
I think he was more in favour of using the gun as a weapon, a weapon wielded in hate. It makes you no better than those that were to fire the first shot.

I have heard this term brought forth from many times gun legislation has been brought up in America and it's basically as follows;
"Who can stop a bad guy with a gun?"
"A good guy, with a gun."

Now I get the intent here, the moral high ground prevails when we're equal in terms of power. When we're both wielding weapons in hatred we have lost the only advantage we have as good and decent people.
"A good guy with a gun, he doesn't want to, but has to, once all other avenues has been explored, if there is no other way."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 10:19:49 AM by Mazder_Verhal »
Come look at my art.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: November 20, 2015, 05:27:44 AM »
I think he was less literal about the guns though.
I think he was more in favour of using the gun as a weapon, a weapon wielded in hate. It makes you no better than those that were to fire the first shot.

I have heard this term brought forth from many times gun legislation has been brought up in America and it's basically as follows;
"A good guy, with a gun."

Now I get the intent here, the moral high ground prevails when we're equal in terms of power. When we're both wielding weapons in hatred we have lost the only advantage we have as good and decent people.
"A good guy with a gun, he doesn't want to, but has to, once all other avenues has been explored, if there is no other way."
Exactly What I mean though. An agreeable synopsis. Anyways, this is gonna end up solved with violence no matter what. But it doesn't have to be resolved with Hate.

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: November 20, 2015, 09:49:15 AM »
Exactly What I mean though. An agreeable synopsis. Anyways, this is gonna end up solved with violence no matter what. But it doesn't have to be resolved with Hate.
Indeed, sadly Rune is still hoping this can be solved diplomatically and sadly this is about 7-8 years past that date as that's when the true beginning began.
Or whenever we "won" in Iraq. The political climate in the entire region was shaken and we didn't fix it. Now we're dealing with the after effects.

ISIS is a boogeyman. They're not all far away so the few that are among us, however numerous they be must be removed not by force but by love. We must show they don't affect us as much as they think.
Yeah, they can kill us, they can blow us up, shoot us, etc. But they can't take our spirit. You can not take our basic humanity away and our kindness towards the common man no matter their religion.
Sadly when you have a boil you have to lance it sometimes.
Come look at my art.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #9967 on: November 20, 2015, 07:06:46 PM »
And that really is the crux of the issue. The usage of lethal violence should really be as a last resort, and only after all avenues have been played out. It's naive to think that Peace can solve everything, as it is naive to say that violence can solve everything. Both peace and violence can solve its own set of problems. The real question is always what is the threshold before the situation is irreversible and the other must be revoked.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: November 21, 2015, 04:28:48 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:25:53 AM by Rune »

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: November 24, 2015, 02:50:53 AM »
At this moment, Anonymous is making more sense to me than this site.
Unity is what is needed. Against ISIS.

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: November 24, 2015, 10:02:06 AM »
Unity is what is needed. Against ISIS.
But that game engine suuuucks. :P
Come look at my art.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: November 25, 2015, 08:44:38 PM »
At this moment, Anonymous is making more sense to me than this site.
The only problem is that they accused a lot of social media accounts of being fronts for ISIS... and a excrementload of those were false positives.

That aside, it is a good sentiment.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: November 26, 2015, 03:24:40 AM »
But that game engine suuuucks. :P
Ha!

But on the topic of the middle east the west should just wash their hands of the region and let it go.  Kick Turkey out of NATO and let everything play out.  Then move on to switching to different sources of energy so we don't have to relay on Saudi oil and watch them implode on themselves.

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline Rune

• View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: November 28, 2015, 12:53:55 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:25:43 AM by Rune »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator