Author Topic: Isolation: Survivability  (Read 38966 times)

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
Re: Isolation: Survivability
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
"It more than likely started with God knows how long in a casket shaped freezer and then a dip in a nice warm chemical bath."
Matruso remarks, a hint of a grin forming along his lips. The feeling of morbid cynicism passes quickly. Turning back to the group stacked along the wall, he starts to brainstorm. "Alright, from what I can gather the door is sealed to keep pressure in..."

"Which means... W-we may be susceptible to infection." Jaqueline remarks cooly.

Nodding, Matruso files the new information into his train of thought.
"Yes, the pressure suits those doctors were wearing earlier also supports that theory.
But it also means that there's no reason for them not to come in here that poses a danger to them.
Besides us at least, but for all they know we're still strapped to the beds."
"That makes no sense, why create a human machine hybrid if you don't rid it of its immune-...Oh." Natascha's eyes narrow. "Bastard sooka."
Antoine looked at the man, irritated. "Hilarious!"he exclaimed sarcastically with a light shake of his head. "Maybe I'll put in an explosive surprise in there while I'm at it?"
"A little touchy there tinman?" Natascha remarks.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
Without a word, and scarcely before anyone else could notice, Jaqueline made her way to what she assumed was the pressure door's interior control panel. They were locked out of course, but she gave Antoine an inviting glance and gestured for him to inspect the panel himself.

Matruso carefully gauged the woman's actions, but said nothing.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 10:44:38 PM »
"That makes no sense, why create a human machine hybrid if you don't rid it of its immune-...Oh." Natascha's eyes narrow. "Bastard sooka."

"Great..."Antoine sighs, ignoring her other little comment. "They gave us AIDS. I'm a military inspector Gadget with AIDS." He dropped his head against the wall. "Didn't expect this when I signed up for the marines..."

Without a word, and scarcely before anyone else could notice, Jaqueline made her way to what she assumed was the pressure door's interior control panel. They were locked out of course, but she gave Antoine an inviting glance and gestured for him to inspect the panel himself.

Matruso carefully gauged the woman's actions, but said nothing.

Antoine smiled when he saw the woman by the control panel. "Je sais ce que vous pensez. I'll get it open. Time to test out my 'Swiss army knife'."he muttered as he made his way over to the woman. He activated his special mode, but the small arms immediately shot out and began scratching at the surface of the panel, him being completely unable to control them. "Okay, maybe not..."the Frenchman commented while deactivating his army knife.

He looked at the panel for a few seconds, then turned to the others, but looked at Matruso. "Should I really do this? What if our big, strong comedian would catch a cold?"he asked with a mocking tone while pouting his lips as if he was speaking to a baby.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:51:30 PM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 11:00:32 PM »
Ignoring the childish attempt at angering him, Matruso instead stands straight up, walks to the pressure door, and knocks. Hard.
"What th-ooogh-" Within moments he is in the hallway, his arms closing around the shoulders and neck of his victim in a rear naked choke.

"Drop the guns boys. I have a feeling this is above your pay grade." He kicks the shotgun his hostage was armed with back into the room.

One of the two soldiers complies, but the other remains resolute, attempting to level his automatic weapon with both Matruso and his superior officer.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »
Ignoring the childish attempt at angering him, Matruso instead stands straight up, walks to the pressure door, and knocks. Hard.
"What th-ooogh-" Within moments he is in the hallway, his arms closing around the shoulders and neck of his victim in a rear naked choke.

"Drop the guns boys. I have a feeling this is above your pay grade." He kicks the shotgun his hostage was armed with back into the room.

One of the two soldiers complies, but the other remains resolute, attempting to level his automatic weapon with both Matruso and his superior officer.
Natascha moved quickly, quickly flicking on her stealth field she took the scalpel and slid in behind the second soldier. She uncloaked behind him and grabbed him from behind quickly putting the scalpel to his neck. "Move and you die Sooka." She whispers in his ear.

Natascha feels a sharp pain near her stomach as a warning light flashed in her eyes, signaling that she was now drawing from reserve power.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:09:34 PM by Foxdonut »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 11:08:20 PM »

Antoine pointed at Matruso knocking the pressure door open while looking at the girl in bandages next to him. "That, is awesome."he remarked calmly. "That is awesome."he repeated with a nod.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 11:16:58 PM »
Antoine pointed at Matruso knocking the pressure door open while looking at the girl in bandages next to him. "That, is awesome."he remarked calmly. "That is awesome."he repeated with a nod.

"Are y-you developing a man crush, or are you just trying to be... sarcastic?" Jaquelin asks.
Stepping past Antoine, she catches the shotgun mid flight into the room and cycles a shell.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 11:24:02 PM »
"Are y-you developing a man crush, or are you just trying to be... sarcastic?" Jaquelin asks.
Stepping past Antoine, she catches the shotgun mid flight into the room and cycles a shell.

Antoine looked at the woman as she went out and caught the shotgun. He nodded lightly. "Yup. She got me there."he remarked and clapped his hands lightly as he walked over to the rest of the group.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2011, 11:26:27 PM »
Jack followed the marines outside. This whole situation was all a bit much for him, besides, he was a naval officer, his kills were made from a ten thousand miles up.
...scum.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »
Natascha moved quickly, quickly flicking on her stealth field she took the scalpel and slid in behind the second soldier. She uncloaked behind him and grabbed him from behind quickly putting the scalpel to his neck. "Move and you die Sooka." She whispers in his ear.

Natascha feels a sharp pain near her stomach as a warning light flashed in her eyes, signaling that she was now drawing from reserve power.

Feeling the blade dig into his neck is enough to let the man relinquish his new found courage.
Without hesitation he simply lets the weapon fall out of his hands, while raising his arms in the same motion.

"Good." Matruso releases the leader and pushes him against a nearby wall.
"I think we need some answers, and something tells me you don't have them. Tell me, who's in charge around here?"

"I-I, I don't know!" The man exclaims, ripping off his gas mask in an attempt to get more air into his lungs.
It's apparent that he is a fairly raw piece of meat, barely out of his teens.
"I just follow orders! These guys are clones, they don't know anything either!"

The Slav nods, emerald eyes flickering with electronic fire. "Alrighty then. Tell me, were you planning on using that shotgun?"
He gestures to Jaqueline, who was now hefting the 10 gauge in the third soldier's general direction.

"No sir." The leader replies, hoping for a bit of respite.

"No? Then why did you have it?" Matruso demands.

The young man winces, realizing that his bargain for mercy has been rescinded. "We were ordered to..."

"ORDERED TO WHAT!?" Lt. Fallon was losing his patience at this point.
No one who was this green should be in charge of men, clones or not.

"To kill you, sir." The man seems to have found a well of courage.

Shaking off his anger, Matruso comes full circle. "Who ordered you to kill us? How do they contact you?"

Sheepishly, the man hands Matruso a cell phone. In turn, Lt. Fallon tosses the unit to Jack.
"You and human can opener need to find out who's on the other end.
In the meantime, let's move piss briches and his clone lackeys into the room."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:59:34 PM by RobotNixon »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 12:05:55 AM »
Feeling the blade dig into his neck is enough to let the man relinquish his new found courage.
Without hesitation he simply lets the weapon fall out of his hands, while raising his arms in the same motion.

"I think we need some answers, and something tells me you don't have them. Tell me, who's in charge around here?"

"I-I, I don't know!" The man exclaims, ripping off his gas mask in an attempt to get more air into his lungs.

The Slav nods, emerald eyes flickering with electronic fire. "Alrighty then. Tell me, were you planning on using that shotgun?"
He gestures to Jaqueline, who was now hefting the 10 gauge in the third soldier's general direction.

The young man winces, realizing that his bargain for mercy has been rescinded. "We were ordered to..."

Shaking off his anger, Matruso comes full circle. "Who ordered you to kill us? How do they contact you?"

Sheepishly, the man hands Matruso a cell phone. In turn, Lt. Fallon tosses the unit to Jack.

Antoine takes the cellphone out of Jack's hand and gives it a look. "I don't know what you thought, mister comedian, but unless one of us is cellphone Jesus, we are not going to get a tracking signal without the right equipment."

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2011, 12:07:36 AM »
Antoine takes the cellphone out of Jack's hand and gives it a look. "I don't know what you thought, mister comedian, but unless one of us is cellphone Jesus, we are not going to get a tracking signal without the right equipment."

"Check the call history smart ass. See if you can get someone on the line." Matruso says with equal parts annoyance and disappointment.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 12:13:32 AM »
"Check the call history smart ass. See if you can get someone on the line." Matruso says with equal parts annoyance and disappointment.

"List empty."the man responds casually. "I guess after every call, the history wipes itself. They're not stupid, that's for sure."he grunts.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 12:16:46 AM »
"List empty."the man responds casually. "I guess after every call, the history wipes itself. They're not stupid, that's for sure."he grunts.

Matruso turns calmly back to the leader. "I'm guessing they call you?"

He receives a nod in return. "Once every half hour or so. The outfit I run with is under a security contract with them. Whoever they are."

"Alright. Looks like we'll have to wait for now. Unless someone else can think of something."

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 12:17:33 AM »

Natascha lets the man go and kicks him towards the room. "Get moving sooka!" She commands. "If you even look at me I'll use your eyeballs as a necklace."
Matruso turns calmly back to the leader. "I'm guessing they call you?"

He receives a nod in return. "Once every half hour or so. The outfit I run with is under a security contract with them. Whoever they are."

"Alright. Looks like we'll have to wait for now. Unless someone else can think of something."
"We seriously have to sit here with these useless weasels?" Natascha starts to complain. "They smell funny and I think the young one pissed himself."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:19:32 AM by Foxdonut »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »
"They smell funny and I think the young one pissed himself."
"Pissing oneself...Pffah! How shameful..."

"Is anybody good with those automatic weapons?"
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »

Natascha picks up one of the XM-9 Assault Rifles and studies it, then selects the single fire mode. "I suppose this will work. Not like its any different than a XMS-23 Scout Rifle, just less kick." She says  as pulls back the charging handle to check the chamber. "Yeah, this will do nicely, they're using tungsten alloy jacket rounds with the trajectory package."

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 07:22:30 PM »

Antoine shakes his head. "I know how to use them, but I don't like them too well."He looks at the two clones and the wannabe commander. He walks over to one of the clones and pulls a grenade off his belt and looks at it. "Standard military M55 high-explosive grenade. Wounds at seventeen meters, kills at five. Can be trimmed for a few extra decimeters radius."He throws the grenade between his hands. "Yes, this will do nicely."

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »
Antoine shakes his head. "I know how to use them, but I don't like them too well."He looks at the two clones and the wannabe commander. He walks over to one of the clones and pulls a grenade off his belt and looks at it. "Standard military M55 high-explosive grenade. Wounds at seventeen meters, kills at five. Can be trimmed for a few extra decimeters radius."He throws the grenade between his hands. "Yes, this will do nicely."
"I see you like the loud way then, pity, I guess men never learn...Except for- No, I don't actually think he learned either but....." Natascha begins going off on a tangent pertaining to a mission on a desert planet with no designation. "And that's why men never learn." She finishes and looks at the rest of the group.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »
"I see you like the loud way then, pity, I guess men never learn...Except for- No, I don't actually think he learned either but....." Natascha begins going off on a tangent pertaining to a mission on a desert planet with no designation. "And that's why men never learn." She finishes and looks at the rest of the group.

Antoine looks at the woman with a raised eyebrow after she's done speaking. "Interesting..."he utters sarcastically. He looks at the young wannabe commander. "Won't the damn phone ring soon?"he asked impatiently.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »

"Don't look at me, I fly things and plot navigational courses. Speaking of which," he turned to their would be assassins, "You, where are we soldier?"

He spoke with the authority of someone used to giving commands and having them obeyed.
...scum.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 10:34:15 PM »
"The loud way...that's exactly what I was trained for. Miniguns, rocket launchers, heavy duty stuff. All so very...loud."

"Don't look at me, I fly things and plot navigational courses. Speaking of which," he turned to their would be assassins, "You, where are we soldier?"

He spoke with the authority of someone used to giving commands and having them obeyed.
Dante shrugs. "If no one will take the other one, I will." says he while he picks up the other automatic gun.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
Antoine looks at the woman with a raised eyebrow after she's done speaking. "Interesting..."he utters sarcastically. He looks at the young wannabe commander. "Won't the damn phone ring soon?"he asked impatiently.
Natascha simply waves him away. "I won't try and lecture, just don't get us blown up. Or better yet just keep that grenade in your pocket and let me take care of it. Quietly." She says as she chooses to lean up against the wall. "You need to learn some patience, it will ring soon enough."

"My My, Navy boys sure are absolute aren't they." Natascha says with a laugh.
A malicious grin appears on her face, "To bad they really are useless in a fight, at least frenchy over here knows how to fight.... Sorta."
"The loud way...that's exactly what I was trained for. Miniguns, rocket launchers, heavy duty stuff. All so very...loud."
Natascha rolls her eyes and sighs. "Well just don't point any of those things my way, I may shoot you for it."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:39:26 PM by Foxdonut »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
Natascha simply waves him away. "I won't try and lecture, just don't get us blown up. Or better yet just keep that grenade in your pocket and let me take care of it. Quietly." She says as she chooses to lean up against the wall. "You need to learn some patience, it will ring soon enough."

"Hey, I may not be very socially competent, but I swear, you will never meet someone who's better at explosives!"Antoine snaps at the woman. He crossed his arms and looked at the rest of the group. "And when you are used to things happening in a second - that is to say disappearing in a second - your patience tend to get weak." He made a short laugh. "Vous pouvez être le seul patient. Et je suis l'expert de démolition."

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2011, 11:13:24 PM »
"Hey, I may not be very socially competent, but I swear, you will never meet someone who's better at explosives!"Antoine snaps at the woman. He crossed his arms and looked at the rest of the group. "And when you are used to things happening in a second - that is to say disappearing in a second - your patience tend to get weak." He made a short laugh. "Vous pouvez être le seul patient. Et je suis l'expert de démolition."
"Yeah Yeah, zaebal, tva-ya mama sa-syot kor-rovie khuy-ee." Natascha winks at the frenchman with a sly grin. "You'll figure it out eventually."