Author Topic: Call Of Duty: Black Ops  (Read 4096 times)

Offline BackerU

• I'mma chargin' my lazar!
    • Backer1911
    • View Profile
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »
I am testing the waters here, as I know many of you are more into RPGs than FPS games. Still, I am a sucker for the CoD games -- and Black Ops is no different.
The single-player is, in my opinion, much worse than that of its predecessors. The weapons are quasi-realistic, but the plot lacks depth and I keep seeing "Jake Sully" when I hear the main character speak.
Multi-player is where I spend the majority of my time (230 hours as of this moment). I realize that multi-player is usually a plot-less endeavor, and this one is no different, but I enjoy giving a good beatdown on some of my favorite servers (one plus when compared to MW2).
In case you are thinking "Pfft, this kid is such a n00b, and he probably has no experience..." I have included some screen caps of my current status (4th prestige, lvl 46), my KDR (currently 1.25) and other important information. I can't argue with being a n00b, since I am at almost everything, but I have some experience with this game.

Feel free to leave feedback if you've played either SP or MP, and if you have any questions I will attempt to answer them.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:05:40 PM by BackerU »

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• I have a bad feeling about this...
    • http://mazder-1x5.deviantart.com/
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031547390
    • View Profile
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:18:35 PM »
I liked Black Ops.
I think it has many decent features, such as the Combat training and the points system, those are both great.

MP in CoD was best in CoD4 but Black Ops is still fun.
I don't go on it much but when I do it is always fun for a bit.

Storyline was good too, decent plot twists you didn't see coming.
I liked MW2's story a lot as well though, shame they spread it out over MW2 and MW3 though as I think it would've been great as one game.
Or CoD4, MW2 and MW3 as one game.
Would be cool.
Come look at my art.
Deviantart: http://mazder-1x5.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://mazderverhal.tumblr.com/
Leave ideas or critiques or anything with me there or anywhere you can reach me. :)

Offline BackerU

• Backer1911
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:23:20 PM »
I liked Black Ops.
I think it has many decent features, such as the Combat training and the points system, those are both great.

MP in CoD was best in CoD4 but Black Ops is still fun.
I don't go on it much but when I do it is always fun for a bit.

Storyline was good too, decent plot twists you didn't see coming.
I liked MW2's story a lot as well though, shame they spread it out over MW2 and MW3 though as I think it would've been great as one game.
Or CoD4, MW2 and MW3 as one game.
Would be cool.

^ That. Except I did guess basically all the twists in the plot. Also, combat training is fun when I want some ballistic knife and 'hawk practice  :ninja:

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• I have a bad feeling about this...
    • http://mazder-1x5.deviantart.com/
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031547390
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:25:24 PM »
^ That. Except I did guess basically all the twists in the plot. Also, combat training is fun when I want some ballistic knife and 'hawk practice  :ninja:
Heh, I go on Combat training when I want to play but not against people.
And to get adjusted before going into MP.
Come look at my art.
Deviantart: http://mazder-1x5.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://mazderverhal.tumblr.com/
Leave ideas or critiques or anything with me there or anywhere you can reach me. :)

Offline High Chancellor Delta

• Throckmorton P. Ruddygore, Esq
    • DavisGreyman
    • davis_the_grey
    • DavisGreyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:06:04 AM »
I really enjoy Black Ops. I see you use the M16, I'm not a fan of that gun, I personally find it semi-unfair due to its ability to kill in one burst. I like the Famas, or the Kiparis. Or, for long range, I enjoy the PSG1. Love that gun. I also don't like underbarrel attachments...but that's me. I just can't stand underbarrel grenade launchers, it's so unfair.

Oh, and ballistic knives are awesome. And, well, I think I'm the only person who likes to use the M60 and is actually really good with it.

Offline BackerU

• Backer1911
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:38:23 AM »
I really enjoy Black Ops. I see you use the M16, I'm not a fan of that gun, I personally find it semi-unfair due to its ability to kill in one burst. I like the Famas, or the Kiparis. Or, for long range, I enjoy the PSG1. Love that gun. I also don't like underbarrel attachments...but that's me. I just can't stand underbarrel grenade launchers, it's so unfair.

Oh, and ballistic knives are awesome. And, well, I think I'm the only person who likes to use the M60 and is actually really good with it.

I agree that it is semi-unfair, and even more since I play only on hardcore servers. I got to be fairly adept at using it before I prestiged the first time, and since then have kept an M16 class in my repertoire every prestige. It shares time with the FAL (I prefer a suppressor and red dot with the Warlord perk for bot weapons) now, and I have even branched off to use what I consider to be THE single most unfair weapon in the game, the Commando.

It is surprising that you are good with the M60, as the only people I have seen using them have been hackers. I also HATE the "n00b tube" and feel that the masterkey is underpowered as compared to MW2, where you could kill someone across the Highrise map with two shots. Additionally, I cannot describe with words how much I dislike the Second Chance perk. I wish the Assault default class did not have to have Second Chance equipped, as every time I prestige I am forced to either run around with the MP5K  or go very slowly with the HK21.

Offline High Chancellor Delta

• Throckmorton P. Ruddygore, Esq
    • DavisGreyman
    • davis_the_grey
    • DavisGreyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 12:56:20 AM »
I agree that it is semi-unfair, and even more since I play only on hardcore servers. I got to be fairly adept at using it before I prestiged the first time, and since then have kept an M16 class in my repertoire every prestige. It shares time with the FAL (I prefer a suppressor and red dot with the Warlord perk for bot weapons) now, and I have even branched off to use what I consider to be THE single most unfair weapon in the game, the Commando.

It is surprising that you are good with the M60, as the only people I have seen using them have been hackers. I also HATE the "n00b tube" and feel that the masterkey is underpowered as compared to MW2, where you could kill someone across the Highrise map with two shots. Additionally, I cannot describe with words how much I dislike the Second Chance perk. I wish the Assault default class did not have to have Second Chance equipped, as every time I prestige I am forced to either run around with the MP5K  or go very slowly with the HK21.
I wouldn't say the Commando is the most unfair, I'd say that title is deserved by the G11. I typically like to have dual mags and a reflex sight on my guns, except on the M60, then a grip and extended mags. For the Kiparis, grip and rapid fire. For my perks, I'll have Lightweight Pro, Marathon Pro and Warlord Pro for my SMG class. For my MG class it's Flak Jacket Pro, Warlord Pro, and Hacker Pro. For my sniper it's Ghost Pro, Hacker Pro and Hardened Pro. My assault class, which usually has the Famas on it, or occasionally the Galil, will have the same perks as my MG class most of the time. Equipment is usually just a jammer or C4, frag grenades, and concussion grenades. Sometimes I'll switch out my green perk on some of them for Tactical Mask pro if I know I'm fighting people who use special grenades a lot.

Offline BackerU

• Backer1911
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 01:43:45 AM »
Ah, the Kiparis. I tried it and couldn't get the hang of it as well as the MPL. My classes (right now, anyway -- they tend to change from week to week) are as follows:

1) M16 red dot + suppressor / crossbow
ghost pro + warlord (all have ninja)
claymore (all have concussion grenades)

2) AK74u grip + suppressor / CZ75 suppressor
ghost pro + warlord
claymore

3) AK74u suppressor / python speed reloader
ghost pro + sleight of hand pro
tomahawk

4) stakeout grip + CZ75 suppressor
frag

5) commando reflex + suppressor / CZ75 suppressor
ghost pro + warlord
frag

6) MPL grip / CZ75 suppressor
scavenger + sleight of hand pro
tomahawk

7) commando suppressor / CZ75 suppressor
tomahawk

I primarily use the commando or 74u SoH classes, and I use the MPL for some smaller/CQB maps (eg. Radiation). Again, I use ghost because I hate being killed by some kid's Cobra while I am chasing down a guy from behind. I use the M16 for Array and maps similar to it. The Stakeout class is just for fun, though I do have a pretty decent KDR with it.

Offline sweffymo

• I'm cool-cat bad!
    • sweffymo
    • sweffymo
    • sweffymo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 02:56:09 AM »
I still like MW2 a lot better.

I have been using my MPL grip/.357 ACOG + SoH + Ghost Class for almost every map lately.  If I fail at that I use my Stoner 63 reflex class.
<@Kikaimegami> my human-shakes bring all the Reapers to the yard

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 04:52:55 AM »
I'm max everything on Black Ops. It got boring. :D