Author Topic: Law is not Justice.  (Read 24054 times)

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
Re: Law is not Justice.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »
Hunt just glared at the woman, muttering "At least we still have an empire."

He got his Scotch and downed it in one go, before signalling for another. He sat back and let the others talk, subletly listening in on the conversation between Bachmann and William.

He muttered lowly "Where is that bloody man?"
"and I thought I was the only one getting bored" said Jack as he walked over to Hunt "I'll have one too" he said while looking at the barkeep, who nodded in response.
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 08:08:17 AM »
Luca shook his head as he watched the group by the table. Flirting, drawing, drinking, chatting. Idiots, like everyone else. They had no idea how horrible the world they lived in was. He immediately lost interest in them and looked around the room again for Chambers.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
Hunt just glared at the woman, muttering "At least we still have an empire."

He got his Scotch and downed it in one go, before signalling for another. He sat back and let the others talk, subletly listening in on the conversation between Bachmann and William.

He muttered lowly "Where is that bloody man?"
"An empire built on the suffering of its abused citizens and conquered people..." Jasim spoke in a neutral tone, "It is no amazing achievement to be proud of."
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »
"Really, I used to spend a lot of time at..." he hesitated for a moment, "a friend's estate in the Alps. But we were north of the Austrian border. Did you ever manage to do some hunting in the mountains?"
"Not much, no. Only on occasion. I assume you did hunt a lot?"
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline ChellieRawr

• The Garbage Queen sits on her rightful throne
    • xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 10:47:58 PM »
"Hey!" He snatched both his things back. He put the ID away, and put the wallet away too this time in the other pocket. "Sure I guess you can now."

"Serves me right, thinking that I am interesting at all." He let out a small laugh, as he got his soda from the bar keep, an began sipping the soda and began to focus back on his drawing, a little red in the face, embarrassed and feeling a bit shamed that he got fooled so easily.

She laughed and gave him her brilliant smile. "Laughter is sunshine, it chases winter from the human face," She said with a nudge. "Do not be so serious sometimes. Speaking of which."

Luca shook his head as he watched the group by the table. Flirting, drawing, drinking, chatting. Idiots, like everyone else. They had no idea how horrible the world they lived in was. He immediately lost interest in them and looked around the room again for Chambers.

"Venez ici, monsieur.," she said to Luca and pat the empty stool next to her. She threw her leg over the other and faced her body towards him and smiled. "Being alone is never fun, non?"
ಥ‿ಥ :heart:

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 11:02:30 PM »
She laughed and gave him her brilliant smile. "Laughter is sunshine, it chases winter from the human face," She said with a nudge. "Do not be so serious sometimes. Speaking of which."

"Venez ici, monsieur.," she said to Luca and pat the empty stool next to her. She threw her leg over the other and faced her body towards him and smiled. "Being alone is never fun, non?"
Luca looked at the French woman talking to him, his expression hidden underneath his metal mask. Fun? Fun had been but an empty word for him for twenty years. His role in life was clear, and it did not involve fun.

Luca simply turned away his gaze again. He had nothing to say to that woman and he had no desire to sit down next to her, especially if she was going to keep talking like that.

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 11:11:16 PM »
Luca looked at the French woman talking to him, his expression hidden underneath his metal mask. Fun? Fun had been but an empty word for him for twenty years. His role in life was clear, and it did not involve fun.

Luca simply turned away his gaze again. He had nothing to say to that woman and he had no desire to sit down next to her, especially if she was going to keep talking like that.

She rolled her eyes with a smile and took her water and sat next to him. "Do you speak english?" she asked.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »
He mumbled something and kept drawing on another napkin. However now he was drawing his Jeep Ostrich, the Walker he drove to the bar on. It sat outside, it was a Military Surplus one, he manage to get one cause of his contacts.

He was trying to fin a way to boost the engines output, without overburdening the vehicle itself.

"I can only be serious, and I didn't take your wallet as an introduction." He then continue with his doodle, to keep himself occupied till the guy who called them here showed himself.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:16 PM »
She rolled her eyes with a smile and took her water and sat next to him. "Do you speak english?" she asked.
Luca looked at the woman again, making a sigh in his mind. "Yes."he responded with a plain tone that had a slight Eastern European accent that was nearly gone, probably due to having lived in this country for a long time.

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 11:59:11 PM »
Luca looked at the woman again, making a sigh in his mind. "Yes."he responded with a plain tone that had a slight Eastern European accent that was nearly gone, probably due to having lived in this country for a long time.

She ordered another absinthe and handed it to the man. "Here is some la fée verte, it is good and relaxing." She drank the rest of the water and ordered one more. She looked at him with curiosity and smiled again.

"We did, yes, my father, brothers and I. Lovely hunting country up there in the mountains." William looked nostalgic for a moment, "Your homeland is beautiful. Now, who are you, and why are you here?"

She looked slightly over her shoulder and looked back at Luca, and listened to the other conversation.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:14:32 AM by ChellieRawr »

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 12:00:36 AM »
"Not much, no. Only on occasion. I assume you did hunt a lot?"

"We did, yes, my father, brothers and I. Lovely hunting country up there in the mountains." William looked nostalgic for a moment, "Your homeland is beautiful. Now, who are you, and why are you here?"
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 07:12:50 AM »
She ordered another absinthe and handed it to the man. "Here is some la fée verte, it is good and relaxing." She drank the rest of the water and ordered one more. She looked at him with curiosity and smiled again.
"What do you want?"the man asked with an irritated tone that he did little to hide. He found it hard to believe that someone would be this friendly to a stranger without some ulterior motive.

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:20 PM »
"What do you want?"the man asked with an irritated tone that he did little to hide. He found it hard to believe that someone would be this friendly to a stranger without some ulterior motive.

"Trust me," she said, her smile slightly fading. "I do not trust most people here, like you do probably. However I get to know my potential enemy by being friendly to them." She looked at the colorful bottles full of liquor. "Not insinuating you are my enemy but if I may trust someone with my life in the possible future I need to evaluate them." She handed him the absinthe. "It is good," she chirped slightly and regained her smile.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »
"Trust me," she said, her smile slightly fading. "I do not trust most people here, like you do probably. However I get to know my potential enemy by being friendly to them." She looked at the colorful bottles full of liquor. "Not insinuating you are my enemy but if I may trust someone with my life in the possible future I need to evaluate them." She handed him the absinthe. "It is good," she chirped slightly and regained her smile.
Luca raised an eyebrow. This woman was talking like she was some kind of self-appointed warrior. "Mhmm."he mumbled. He took the absinthe from Eponine's hand, but he just put it on the counter next to him. "Interesting."he added, but he clearly did not mean it. "Now go away."

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »
"Not tearing eachother apart, I see, good." The low voice of Chambers is heard as the man step into the room through the back. Truly a giant of a man he take up most of the doorway he now squeeze his way through, standing well over 2 meters in height, and with shoulders broader than most he make for an intimidating sight at first glance. This feeling is immediately diminished somewhat when you all notice the cane he uses to lean on as he walk, an odd rattling sound with each step, and with a noticeable limp on his right leg.

The man sink into one of the booths, scattered around the bar, with a groan of obvious discomfort, before he raise his heavy fist to gesture for you to come closer. "Don't just sit there, gather 'round so I can tell you lot why you're here"
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 03:04:10 PM »
"Not tearing eachother apart, I see, good." The low voice of Chambers is heard as the man step into the room through the back. Truly a giant of a man he take up most of the doorway he now squeeze his way through, standing well over 2 meters in height, and with shoulders broader than most he make for an intimidating sight at first glance. This feeling is immediately diminished somewhat when you all notice the cane he uses to lean on as he walk, an odd rattling sound with each step, and with a noticeable limp on his right leg.

The man sink into one of the booths, scattered around the bar, with a groan of obvious discomfort, before he raise his heavy fist to gesture for you to come closer. "Don't just sit there, gather 'round so I can tell you lot why you're here"
"Mr. Chambers, it is good to see you again." Jasim said, getting up to move to the booth, "How is your health?"
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »
"Wolfhart Bachmann, engineer. And I am here for the same reason as you, I assume..."

Wolhart looked from William to Chambers and then back to Williams. He finally decided to move closer and sit on the seat opposite Mr. Chambers.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:05:32 PM by mikethor007 »
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 07:19:43 PM »

Jack Nutan also moved towards the booth. "Would you mind telling us why we're asked to come here today." Asked Jack as he sat down, his voice was more curious than hostile.
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »

Alan pocketed his last sketch, one that he wanted to make a real blueprint with later. He heade over but didn't sit and instead leaned on the wall nearby the gathering group.

He remained taciturn, having no reason to speak.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »

"And where the hell have you been Chambers?" asked Hunt "I presume I wasn't invited here to have a drink with a French harlot and whoever the hell the rest are, so what do you need us for?"
I'm back people...

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 04:54:59 AM »

Eponine sat next to Alan again. She gave him a wink and leaned in and listed to what Mr. Chambers.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 05:15:04 AM »
Eponine sat next to Alan again. She gave him a wink and leaned in and listed to what Mr. Chambers.
He simply shook his head and awaited the Large mans explanation.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 01:06:01 PM »
Luca walked over to the group, but instead of sitting down, he stood to the side of the table, crossed his arms and stared at Chambers.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2013, 02:43:20 PM »
Chambers shrug at Jasim's question regarding his health, obviously not interested in discussing the matter, and instead stare each of you down, as if evaluating you, briefly before speaking. "Bunch of misfits and crazy folk, aren't you? Not that I can talk, heh. Hmm... but you all know who the real madmen of this country are, don't you? Robbers, thugs and addicts. The murdering scum of the mafia, and the cowardly vermin -- cops and politician alike -- who would betray friends and family just for that extra bit of cash." He leans forward in his seat, tapping the wooden table with a finger. "You all know what I talk about; else you'd be up in outrage and out the door already. No, you know, and more importantly each of you are willing to do something about it..."

"I've brought you together to do just that. Alone you are skilled, and you've had a measure of success in the past, but together you'll be able to do more than just take on single thugs. Together you can do more than just inconvenience them, but you'd be able to truly hurt them. I am no soldier, not anymore..." He pat the side of his bad leg, causing a faint, but distinct rattle of metal to reach your ears. "But I can provide you with information and the means to rid this city of the murdering scum who dare call it theirs."

"What do you say to that?" 

“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »
"What do you say to that?"
"I have is much reason to hate crime as the next guy...but what do you expect me to do? I am no...crime fighter, just an Engineer...who happens to work at a scrap yard now." He said, his pause either meaning doubt or a lie.