Author Topic: Frontier: The Void (Game Thread)  (Read 171150 times)

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier: The Void (Game Thread)
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 03:24:19 PM »
Hoa, Imperial palace, 212 years after unification (present time).

Emperor Zalu Tau was excited,  he knew better than to show this of course, but still. He was looking forward to the long awaited report from his advisor on the progress of various projects in his empire.
As he walked a small meeting room the two people who were already present quick stood up and bowed for him.

“Your Imperial Majesty” The old male Kaveni and the younger female both spoke.

Zalu quickly sat down on one of the chairs, the other two Kaveni did the same after Zalu was seated but before one of them had the chance to say anything Zalu spoke.

“Spare me the pleasantries and give me the report Rega.”

His advisor, Rega Tau was one of the few people in the empire who could say that they truly knew Zalu. He had been Zalu’s mentor through much of his childhood and although he was only the 67th in line of succession his role as Zalu’s advisor made him one of the most powerful beings in the Kaveni Empire.

“Very well then.” Rega responded.

The female Kaveni was failing to hide her confusion, she was obviously Rega’s new assistant but apparently she didn’t expect two of the most powerful Kaveni to talk to each other like this.

“first of, scientist think that they can produce the first prototype warp drive within one or two months. But the good news doesn’t stop there, we  have enough knowledge about this the specifications of this warp drive that engineers have already started designing the hull and other parts of the Explorer class Frigate.”

Reported Rega, Zalu didn’t even bother to hide his smile now, the Kaveni would have a foothold among the stars before the end of the year.

“We’re also seeing progress with the Quantum entanglement communicator and a civilian corporation has started constructing a number of transport ships.” Rega continued.

Zalu nodded in approval, these civilian transport ships would probably make it possible to supply larger space stations or outposts in the Tawe system.

“And finally, work has begun on the Orbital shipyards, named in honor of your late mother. “ Rega added solemnly.

Spoiler for Research & Construction:
Research:
FTL warp drive technology – 60%

Military: Explorer class Frigate: 15% (Imperialist bonus )
Civilian: Basic Quantum Entanglement communicator:  15% (Scientist bonus)

Construction:
Military: Empress Valya Orbital shipyards: 10%
Civilian:

Naval Construction:
Military:
Civilian: Aqua class transport ships (15): 10%
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:31:30 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
-Visei, Zayncrad Military Research Facility-

Dozens of Techno Savants crowded around a testing chamber, one with a large bulky device that fascinated them with every pulse of its glowing azure components. They had ever reason to be excited, as the Aeon Drive -a technology long sought after be generations of Vis Savants- was now finally within their grasps.

It was the first piece of interesting technology that Savants had found after rummaging through the husks of the damaged alien warships, but it's advancement defied all their scientific understanding; and without at least basic translation of the alien's incomprehensible language, a full reverse-engineering would be impossible. But now, after centuries of hopeless study and effort, the Vis Dominion had finally advanced far enough for a reverse-engineering procedure to truly begin. It would not be easy, not in the least, but the Techno Savants were confident in their ability to finally crack the Aeon Drive's secrets and begin their forays into travelling faster than the Aur Limit.

Spoiler for Research and Construction:
Research:

Aeon Drive  (FTL): 20%

Military: Xivilai War Armors - 18% (8% Bonus from Scientist/Peacekeepers Weapon Research Bonus+Peacekeeper Military Research Bonus)

Civilian: Fusion Reactor Enhancement (added protection and stability to reactors)- 13% (3% Civilian Research Bonus from Philosophical trait)

Naval Construction:

Military: Taliesin-Class Frigates (5)- 20%

Civilian: N/A

Construction:

Military: Vahsili Orbital Shipyards (increased naval build capacity)- 10%

Civilian: N/A
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 01:21:08 PM »
-Xeios, Sea of Souls Military Research Facility-

It was night on Xeios, and in the hanger of the facility's Experimental Vehicle Storage Facility, one lone individual stood; doing maintenance on her beloved humanoid machine as she worked tirelessly to ensure that it would perform to her needs tomorrow. She sat down on the floor, taking a break as she took a sip from a nearby energy unit.

"Working hard, aren't we Lady Aeira?"

The pilot stood up and turned around quickly, smiling once she recognised who was standing behind her. She saluted, knowing that the man was higher ranking than her, before speaking, "Ah, Sir Vaihlar. I had thought that everybody on base was in stasis on this hour but the guards." She spoke, with a refined but sassy tone, "What is it that brings you out here this late? Surely your Ascaion's maintenance was already finished in the day cycle."

Tank Commander Vaihlar laughed, spinning what looked like a metal crystal in his hands as he approached Aeria, "To be quite honest, I was more intrigued in observing the mania of a War Armor Pilot doing her own maintenance. Is it true that you refuse to let the Techno-Savants even touch your Xivilai's inner components without your supervision?"

Aeria laughed back, "Well, Vaihlar, my War Armor is a bit more complicated than your Ascaion. If it isn't tuned exactly to my specifications, then it is essentially worthless in combat to me." She spoke, "Each War Armor is built to match their pilot, not the other way around. The Xivilai is no different."

"The Xivilai blows the other War Armors out of the water, however. To be able to take on an entire armored regiment and win is something no other War Armor pilot could hope to achieve." Vaihlar replied, looking up to the imposing black machine, "Your kind has always been looked at with scorn and scepticism, I myself was vehemently against this project since normally War Armors are far more costly than they're worth in combat..."

"Oh really?" Aeria asked with a scoff, "Do you still feel that way after the proper ass-handing I delivered upon your regiment?"

"To be frank, actually," Vaihlar replied, not taking his eyes off the machine, "I feel as though the Xivilai is a machine that can deal enormous battlefield damage in the right hands; a proper monster of a vehicle that far outclasses anything we've ever developed before."

Aeria rose her head high with a grin, and was about to speak, when Vaihlar rose a finger and interrupted her, "But!" He added, "It's cost is too prohibitive for mass deployment, and you yourself know that it is far too complicated for regular pilots to properly utilise. The reason why the Ascaion has been so widely received was because it was simple, powerful, and relatively cheap to mass produce. The Xivilai severely lacks two of those things, and as such while its usefulness in combat is undebatable: It's usefulness in a war leaves something to be desired."

Aeria's face fell, and she almost pouted as she looked away with a scoff, "Well, that's why me and my War Armor are only going to be deployed sparingly for now Sir Vaihlar. Elite forces are just as necessary in armored warfare as they are in infantry warfare, and we shall be the ones to fill that role."

Vaihlar smiled in response, "I don't doubt it, Lady Aeria; which why I have decided to give you this." He spoke, before giving the pilot the small metal crystal in his hands

Aeria looked over the crystal, raising her eyebrow, "What is this?" She asked, looking over the metal crystal with confusion, "A puzzle?"

"No, not a puzzle; a Kryptasim Crystal." Vaihlar replied immediately, "When the time comes, I shall open that crystal and reveal what's hidden inside it. In your time of need, no matter where you are, it shall aid you in combat."

Aeria looked over the crystal, before shrugging and putting it in her pocket, "Well...thank you, Sir Vaihlar. I didn't think you cared!" She said with a grin, before turning to the Xivilai, "Thank you for the interruption, but I've really got to get working on my machine; it needs to be ready by daybreak, or I'm not going out to perform."

Vaihlar nodded with a smile, turning to leave before speaking, "Goodbye, Lady Aeria."

"May fate favour you in battle tomorrow."
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »
“Please don’t touch the instruments, child” The voice of the white-clad scientist said from across the half-circle room, and even if there was at least six other children in the room with her Neira knew that the request was directed at her. “Go on with the exercise” the woman continue, the voice urging rather than kind.

Removing her hands from the electrodes on her head Neira put them back down on her lap and resumed what she had been distracted from earlier, and at once datastreams entered her skull through the implants; the flashing images of the puzzles and tests reappeared before her eyes as if the ‘game’ -- as the scientists called it to enthuse the children -- had never been paused in the first place. The tests varied in scope and difficulty, from the smallest and simplest little puzzle to line after line of information that she had to sort through.

At first Neira hadn’t been able to understand most of these, nor cope with the tremendous speed the information streamed through her head, but over the last few months she had adapted to the process and now solved the puzzles laid out before her with mental commands and decisions made in an instant.

She was faster than the other children, she knew, and despite some of the puzzles still giving her pause the scientists often whispered amongst themselves, giving pleased nods at her progress. They were pleased. Their reward for the hard work put into this project.

A successful day meant that Neira was rewarded too; allowed to leave the complex for the open fields outside, or to spend time with her family as they came to visit. They couldn’t visit every day, of course, they were busy with their own tasks elsewhere in the project, but at least once or twice a week one of them -- most often her mother -- took time to come by. The work they did here must be important, and not only because the scientists said so, but because each meeting was brief and over too quickly. Still, even brief meetings with her family was worth the effort…

From the outside the vessel might have seemed a lifeless husk of metal, simply floating in space, with no lights and no movement save for the realigning solar panels and sensor arrays on its hull, but the Tona’ai was hard at work; the mini factories in the bowels of the ship working day in and day out with the power and materials afforded to them, and although scarce the machines were producing a lot with the limited resources. Scout probes designed with a comm relay system to compliment the alerady existing sensors and scouts of the ship. Tona’s order had been clear; they needed to see.

Away from the factories, away from the noise, at the heart of the ship there was silence. A silence only disturbed by the occassional whirr of the adjuctant or some other tiny drone, and by the footsteps of a lonely girl softly treading the deep halls. The display monitors on the databanks around her flickered to life as she passed, but she didn’t need them to see the information stored here. Everything from ancient lore and mythology to the latest scientific research, that ran the ship that now was her home, existed in these databanks. Tona searched and searched for data regarding the jump-gate trials, information she had trouble grasping but still she had to try. It wasn’t enough to recreate the drive-core; she needed to know how it worked so that the same error, that had caused the first core to fail, wouldn’t be repeated.

Passing one of the many data-banks she instinctively knew that this was the one she needed, and she noted the number and letter imprinted on the computer before rerouting the information to her command chair with a mental command. Turning around on her heels she slowly begin making her way back to her room. Now she had a lot of reading to do.

Simply understanding how things were built wasn’t enough. In order to truly save her people she had to comprehend everything
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 03:44:51 PM »
Rega Tau, advisor of his majesty the Emperor of all Kaveni people, Zalu Tau was a lot of things; Powerful, patient, harsh when someone deserves it but most of all, he was bored. His assistant, a pretty, young and ambitious female had just left for her home but Rega still had some paperwork to go though before he could go back to his own, considerably larger home. There was only one problem, the paperwork was boring. So Rega did what he did pretty often when he was bored, he opened a random military file and started reading.

Spoiler for Solar I Class Frigate:

Classification: Frigate
Name: Solar I
Total Ships build of this class: 12
Produced by: Kaveni Empire

---------General Information---------

Length: 110 Meters
Width: 50 Meters
Height: 40 Meters

Crew: 70
Passengers: 24 (2 Marine Squads)
AI: No

Artificial gravity: Only in the bridge and crew quarters, this is achieved by spinning these sections inside the hull itself, the system is fragile and prone to failing under stress.
Engine: 1x Axemes nuclear fusion engine.
FTL Propulsion: No

---------Technology---------

Short range Communication: Radio-waves
Long range Communication: No
Holographic Combat System: Mesa I HCS, this system allows the bridge crew to observe everything that happens in space near the ship with scanners that are placed all over the hull.

---------Defense---------

Hull: 7 CM Carbon Nanotube and Depleted Uranium Armor
Shields: No
Deflectors: No
Interceptor Missiles: No
Close In Weapons System: 2x 50mm 'Stargazer' Railgun.
Missile Scramblers: Yes

---------Armaments---------

Main Weapon System: 2x 25cm 'Pearl' Railgun
Secondary Weapon System: No
Offensive Missiles: 24x Yama Nuclear missiles

---------Other Systems---------

Survey probes: No
Sleeping Pods: No
Cryo Pods: No
Hydroponic Garden: No
Escape Pods: Yes
FLT Capable Escape Pods: No
Stealth Capabilities: No

After Rega had read considerably more No's than he cared to see on a file about the military of the Kaveni Empire he decided to just work his way through the rest of the paperwork and go home, it wouldn't be long now until the first Explorer class frigates were launched, and he already knew that the file about that ship wouldn't have as many No's in it as the Solar class.
Boo!

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 11:54:19 AM »
-Visei, Tigira Ynnaes Valley, Fusion Research Facility-

Fusion power was the driving force behind Vis society, an elemental facet of their society which sustained their fast growth and powered their advancements. Without it's invention and constant improvement, Vis society would have quickly grounded to a halt and crashed; with starvation and energy problems plaguing the Vis until population levels could stagnate to a low and manageable level.

Such was why the Tigira Ynneas Facility, one of many fusion research centres around Visei, was currently experimenting with a new and improved method of fusion power utilisation. The enhanced method would allow for safer and more stable reactors, thereby negating many of the safety costs and location issues of fusion facilities and improving general power generation capabilities. It was a relatively small upgrade, compared to the heat-to-electric direct energy conversion upgrade which was made several years ago, but it was still a very needed one.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 01:51:45 PM »
-In orbit over Visei-

"My name is Zurzuh Vahsili, and I am a rich, rich man.

No, really. I'm rich, I am incredibly wealthy. I have a Qai-Level Habitation Quarter in Aura, a penthouse in Zairas, and a mansion in the countryside back near Areskiel.

Cute little town, that one; if only there weren't so many worthless Ift there.

Hell, I was even the main investor for an Aurevis Sanctuary once. Those kinds of investments are entirely pointless monetarily, just a way for us well-to-do people to show off our Energy Credits. I'm the head of a space mining corporation, a positioned passed onto me by my father, and it is extremely boring work. Which is why I like investing in projects that catch my fancy; seeing them get completed just gets me so giddy for some reason~

Sorry, went a little off track there. Anyway, yeah, I like investing in things and doing work on things that look interesting. Which is related to the situation at hand, actually: Government asked me to make a space station for their ships, government asked me to do it for a pretty low cost; expecting me to bargain, because why the hell wouldn't a contractor do that?

God, the looks on their faces when I told them I'd do it for even less. That was a nice little bonus.

They knew that I wasn't getting excrement for this, that I'd only be able to cover my cost and nothing else; they knew I was making a massive business sacrifice. So they gave me the only gift they could, a really, really nice gift that's worth so much more than just money.
"

Zurzuh rubbed his hand over a name plating on the wall which read Vahsili Orbital Shipyards, and smiled, before turning back to typing on his datapad.

"Well, having my name engraved into the ages ain't a bad bonus at all. If some student ever looks back into our history, wants to know what was the first orbital shipyard in the Vis Dominion, Vahsili's gonna be the name that pops up; it's the name History Savants are going to engrave into his mind.

And that, aside from just money, is all I could ever ask for from an investment."

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »
>>>Coalition Command, Department of Global Defence

General Williams surveyed the scene in front of him. A display showed all the information and locations of major CRRF and national bases, fleets and army group centres in the solar system. Right now though it was focused on Earth, where Coalition Command was in the process of coordinating and directing the largest counter-insurgency operation the world has known. General Williams had been placed in overall command, and it befell him to direct millions of soldiers, not only of the CRRF but also of the member-state and "allied" militaries. It was a crushing responsibility, and he couldn't feel more proud to have been selected for this responsibility.

An aide came to him, saying "First Fleet is in position sir. All rapid response divisions are in position, and we have confirmation that national forces are ready and waiting. Second Fleet, and the Lunar Divisions are on alert. We've informed the Martians of our intentions, so as not to spook them. We're ready to go."

It had taken months of planning and coordination to prepare for this moment. The Coalition was about to lead it's first truly global military operation in history. It was time to wipe out the Vox Populi once and for all.

General Williams nodded, and said "Very well then Colonel. Inform all our forces, we are commencing OPERATION: HAMMERDOWN."
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 07:40:50 AM »
>>>OPERATION: HAMMERDOWN, ZERO HOUR

>>>MARINE MALLINSON, 42 COMMANDO, COMMONWEALTH ROYAL MARINES

>>>15KM WEST OF SAO PAULO, BRAZIL, EN ROUTE TO VOX POPULI ENCAMPMENT

The dropship jolted as it an air pocket, rocking Marine Mallinson as he and his battalion made their way towards the Vox Populi, at an encampment designated as Victor Papa One-Five. Along with 42 Commando, they were joined by 50 Commando and 52 Commando, Canadian and Australian formations respectively. On the ground they were supported by the Brazilian Army 5th Armoured Cavalry Regiment, along with Brazilian artillery support. The assault on Victor Papa One-Five had begun with the US Air Force launching air strikes on the encampment's defences, followed by half an hour of artillery fire to reduce the remaining fortifications, as well as to cut the number of insurgents down. And now it was the Royal Marines turn.

Marine Mallinson felt a jolt, and to his left the dropship's ramp opened onto the jungle floor. His CO, Captain Filberts shouted "Go, go, go!".

Mallinson's company stormed out of the dropship, moving towards the encampment. Mallinson had expected to come under fire, but so far the encampment remained silent, with columns of smoke rising from it. Suddenly Mallinson heard a storm of gunfire nearby, and on his compiece he heard a voice say "This is Captain Duncan, we've taken fire from enemy insurgents. Moving in to engage. Over and out."

"Roger Captain. All other companies, continue advancing. Over and out."

At that moment, Mallinson's company came under fire, and all around him he could hear other firefights breaking out. They quickly moved into cover, and began returning fire. With the smoke, fire and debris the insurgents were hard to spot, but it wasn't long before Mallinson and the others adapted and began to inflict casualties.

--To be continued--
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:49 AM »
Spoiler for Research & Construction:
Research:
FTL warp drive technology – 20%

Military: Basic Frigate: 10%
Civilian:

Construction:
Military: Home world Orbital shipyards: 10%
Civilian:

Naval Construction:
Military: Explorer Shuttles: 10%
Civilian:
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 11:03:24 AM »
-Makht-Aagard Shipyards, on the outskirts of Zairas-

A large hull, angular and sleek, stood before several Vis Engineers and Techno-Savants. Several parts of the hull were incomplete, showing the bracing and emptiness inside it. Yet the engineers and Techno-Savants congratulated themselves on a job well done, before sending the hull to the furnace to be melted into scrap to create yet another hull for further testing and improvement.

The Taliesin-Class Frigate would have to be perfect, no imperfections could be allowed to make it into the final product; and the determination of the Vis Savants to ensure this reached into the fanatical level.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 01:35:57 AM »
Current Year: 2702 Planet: Whateva!
Durzgahd had reigned over the now sprawling Warband, numbering over 100,000 orks strong, with countless Grots and Snotling slaves.

*WHAM!*

Mork(or was it Gork?) damned Humy! Youse ain't Da Nerrata of dis 'Istory! Now where waz I?

Durgahd waz powaful and strong 'ese da right toughest an 'Ardest Nob around, so heez boss of da crater and da surroundin lands.

Da boss is a smart one He iz! He been wranglin' and grabbin up all da Smartest boyz he could find ya see? Dem Mek boyz, da tinkeras dey iz. He helped us get da Daka first, all da uvva Waaghbands is jus copying us!
Da Boss az is eyes set on da stars, especially right now!

I was next ta Durzgahd, I am his most trusted adviza and da only uvva Nob da gets close to as big as He iz. Even den I am not az big.

"Katka, you see dem Starz up dere? They will be mine. Dis planet is too little for da Waaagh I 'Ave planned, we need ta get off dis rock." Das wat da boss said.
"Don't call me dat Boss. You knowz I am da Filosofur, I been writin' da 'Istory of da Clan, boss." Das wat I saids.

"Youz alwayz been Katka to me, now cut da crap, I need ya ta whip dem meks inta shape! Wiff dis whip! HAHA!" Da boss thought dat was funny, I did too, soz I laffed.
"Yes Boss, I'll getz it dun for ya." I stomped off after dat, do boss was gettin' ready to go Waagh against anuvva clan.

When I gots down to da Mek shop, I uzed dat whip real gud. It had pointy bits on it, soz it dun sum nice tearin', dey screamed afta I was dun I went an took some uv dere teef and got me some lunch.

I was pretty sure I 'eard 'em whippin dere own Grots inta shape as well, cuz I told 'em....
"If ya dun't make no progress by da time I gets back from lunch, well da boss might like sum new 'Eads for is pole."

I waz pretty sure I dun a good job, uvvawise you woodn't be readin' dis now would ya? Dum Humy, or whateva you are. Smash ya all da same.

For the safety of your I.Q. I have convinced the brute, from the safety of my bunker, to now continue my more legible Narration. *thuds on wall*

Youse betta not ruin our 'Istory ya Git! Or I'll finds sumfin nice and boomy to get in dere and deal wit ya!

Yes yes, it will be fine, it is my job to research xeno history.

Whateva....

------------------------------------

Now Durzgahd's Warband had begun making its move on the large yet more primitive rival clan a few hundred Kilometers from their own Ork Fortress. Durzgahd boys were assaulting the Clan known as the Clanka's for their unique use of steam powered technology. Durzgahd was however not the least bit interested in this technology, however he was interested in claiming the large amount of mek boyz the clan had at its disposal so that he could quicken his own technological progress. He had figured long ago that more heads thinking were better than one, however he had since revised his initial thought on it as a mek boy with seven heads didn't seem to work like he thought it would, so instead he would just add to his collection.

The Clanka's fortress was sprawling, with rivented cast Iron walls and steel. The most formidable sight was the large manned steam powered rotary turrets the Clanka’s had built, while primitive it was there best option for making a fully automatic gun.

Many Trukks were lost to the rotary machine gun fire but soon Durzgahd’s boyz managed to overwhelm the positions and disable the formidable guns. Durzgahd took note that his boys needed something bigger than the typical shoota.

“I fink we need some bigga shootas for da Trukks and boyz, take note boyz.” Durzgahd said redundantly.

The boyz continued in there mad scramble as the were over running the base, there shootas gunning down the enemy clanka boys who only had single shot weapons and choppas.

It didn’t take long for the boyz to destroy everything that stood and kill everything that moved but something wasn’t quite right.

“Where in da hell is dere chief? Where are dem thinky boyz too? Dis can’t have been all of dem.” Durzgahd said as he looked about heft his huge Choppa.

“Boss we seez sumfin, dere’s some black smoke ova’ da hill.” One of the boyz shouted running back.

“Guess dats them-“ He said cut off as he heard a loud thud. A boom was heard and only meters from Durzgahd his boys turned into a fine green mist as the explosion destroyed them.
“Well well, I guess we know where dey are boyz! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!” Durzgahd sounded as he and his boyz charged.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 06:25:12 PM »
>>>OPERATION: HAMMERDOWN, ZERO HOUR

>>>MARINE MALLINSON, 42 COMMANDO, COMMONWEALTH ROYAL MARINES

>>>15KM WEST OF SAO PAULO, BRAZIL, EN ROUTE TO VOX POPULI ENCAMPMENT

The dropship jolted as it an air pocket, rocking Marine Mallinson as he and his battalion made their way towards the Vox Populi, at an encampment designated as Victor Papa One-Five. Along with 42 Commando, they were joined by 50 Commando and 52 Commando, Canadian and Australian formations respectively. On the ground they were supported by the Brazilian Army 5th Armoured Cavalry Regiment, along with Brazilian artillery support. The assault on Victor Papa One-Five had begun with the US Air Force launching air strikes on the encampment's defences, followed by half an hour of artillery fire to reduce the remaining fortifications, as well as to cut the number of insurgents down. And now it was the Royal Marines turn.

Marine Mallinson felt a jolt, and to his left the dropship's ramp opened onto the jungle floor. His CO, Captain Filberts shouted "Go, go, go!".

Mallinson's company stormed out of the dropship, moving towards the encampment. Mallinson had expected to come under fire, but so far the encampment remained silent, with columns of smoke rising from it. Suddenly Mallinson heard a storm of gunfire nearby, and on his compiece he heard a voice say "This is Captain Duncan, we've taken fire from enemy insurgents. Moving in to engage. Over and out."

"Roger Captain. All other companies, continue advancing. Over and out."

At that moment, Mallinson's company came under fire, and all around him he could hear other firefights breaking out. They quickly moved into cover, and began returning fire. With the smoke, fire and debris the insurgents were hard to spot, but it wasn't long before Mallinson and the others adapted and began to inflict casualties.

--To be continued--

>>>OPERATION: HAMMERDOWN PLUS 5 DAYS

It had been five days since the global offensive against the Vox Populi had begun. The initial attacks on Vox Populi strongholds and encampments had proven successful, with reports of heavy casualties among the Vox, and initially light casualties among Coalition and allied forces. The small-scale Vox encampments in North America and Europe had been completely wiped out with little trouble, and much progress had been made in the New Central American Federation, Russian Federation and the People's Republic of China. In South America, the Middle-East and Southeast Asia however, there remained heavy fighting as the Vox retreated into the wilderness, or hid in Vox-friendly urban neighbourhoods and towns. The 1st International Fleet was turning the tide however, as strike fighters from fleet carriers could hit anywhere on Earth within hours or minutes, if the fleet didn't just launch a ballistic missile to begin with. The 2nd International Fleet remained on station near Luna, keeping an eye on Mars and solar traffic.

It would only be a matter of time, and the Vox Populi would be relegated to the history books.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
Hoa, New Yama, Square of remembrance, 212 years after unification (present time).

Emperor Zalu Tau, leader of all the Kaveni people and the most powerful sentient being known in history walked over the giant white marble tiles of the Square of remembrance in silence. Even his Imperial bodyguards stood still and at attention at the edge of the square, some two and a half kilometers behind him.

With every step of the way the mighty Emperor passed a pillar made out of black marble, every pillar had a name written on it, and the height of each pillar represented the age of each person at their deaths.

Zalu didn't know what was more horrible, the vast number of pillars that barely poked out of the ground and didn't even have names given to them that he passed at the beginning of the square. Or the giant black pillars that surrounded him now, each one towered above Zalu's head and they only grew higher with every step he took forward.

The middle of the square was in sight and Zalu stood still in front of a literal wall black marble, in this wall were carved the thousands of names of the soldiers that had died occupying this wasteland after the nuclear strike, their names were barely visible in marble. The twenty million pillars of the square that represented the civilian causalities had their names written in white paint. But the names of the soldiers were simply carved out, only half a centimeter deep, impossible for anyone to read unless the stood right next to it.

That was until Zalu clapped his hands together, a red liquid started to softly pour down from the top of the wall, it filled up every name carved into the stone before pouring further down and filling up the names below it until it reached the white marble ground and softly flowed towards one of the corners of the square trough a small, shallow channel.

His grandfather Balu Tau had ordered these soldier to occupy the nuclear wasteland, knowing that they would likely die in the process. And just now Zalu Tau had ordered them remembered, along with the twenty million Kaveni that did of the nuclear blast itself.
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »
“Where in da hell is dere chief? Where are dem thinky boyz too? Dis can’t have been all of dem.” Durzgahd said as he looked about heft his huge Choppa.

“Boss we seez sumfin, dere’s some black smoke ova’ da hill.” One of the boyz shouted running back.

“Guess dats them-“ He said cut off as he heard a loud thud. A boom was heard and only meters from Durzgahd his boys turned into a fine green mist as the explosion destroyed them.
“Well well, I guess we know where dey are boyz! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!” Durzgahd sounded as he and his boyz charged.

It became quite apparent where the blast had originated from when the massive metal walker crested the horizon, it was roughly 18 meters tall and it had two large cannons and a massive arm. It gushed out steam with each step and the orks that rode on it laughed and shouted at Durzgahd's warband as it fired another devastating volley.

"By Gork its 'Uge boss!" said one of the boyz.

"I want it, we will take it from dose gits, boyz! get all da stikkbomms you got, we gotta knock it down! GET MOVIN!" He shouted at them, as he found a working trukk and got his best Nobz to help him load in all the stikkbomms they had till the back of the truck was full.

"Toss in sum squig fuel too. Get them nice and burnin' when it goes off. All right boyz saddle up!" He said as he and the Nobz hopped on and started driving round the massive metal walker.

The boyz on the other hand shot at it and tried all they could to damage it to no avail, the thing just slammed its arm down on them crushing them into red and green viscera.

"DA CLANKA'S IS DA BEST! YOUZE ALL SMALL TO US NOW!" The Clanka warboss shouted from atop his prideful weapon.

Durzgahd shouted back,"YOU WON"T LOOK SO BIG ONCE WE GOT YA ON OUR LEVEL! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" he said as the machine tried to turn around toward Durzgahd's trukk but it was too late, Durzgahd jumped off the trukk and it careened into the walker's leg. The walker stumbled but didn't fall and the trukk smoked crunched against the machine's foot.

"HA! You gotta do betta dan that!" The enemy warboss guffawed, at the attempt.

Durzgahd turned leveled his twin barreled slugga at the wrecked trukk and fired,"Boom." He said and spit on the ground and the trukk exploded into a fireball sending shrapnel everywhere and knocking the massive mech down.

It landed just infront of Durzgahd and the smaller Clanka Warboss was collapsed at his feet,"Not so big are ya now, ya runt."

He put his metal covered boot on the Warboss's chest and too his big choppa axe and brought it down on his head splitting it in to with a fountain of blood.

"Alright boyz, round up everyfin' useful, lets go round up dere mekk boyz, they know I'm da boss now, and lets get dis Stompa back to da fort, I want it fixxed up soz I can use it, we gonna take da whole planet boyz!" He shouted as his warband waaghed in unison.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2014, 06:01:00 AM »
>>>OPERATION: HAMMERDOWN PLUS 14 DAYS

Thing's were beginning to go downhill quickly for the Vox Populi. In the Russian Federation, Chechnya and Dagestan were under full military occupation, with the Russians ruthlessly hunting down the last Chechen and North Caucasian Vox fighters, with full backing from the Coalition. In the New Central American Federation, the Vox Populi were in retreat, with fighters slipping across the border into Colombia as the Coalition and Central American military chased them out. The major cities in the NCAF were under martial law, with the CRRF having established a major presence in each major city. In South America, Colombia was close to collapse as the Colombian government struggled to contain the Vox fighters pouring from Central America, as well as those that were already in its borders. The border with Brazil and Venezuela was closed, while Ecuador and Peru mobilized along the border to prevent the Vox breaking out into their territory in major numbers. The rest of South America however remained relatively stable, though major cities like Sao Paulo, Maracaibo and Santiago were still host to heavy fighting. In the People's Republic of China, the PLA clamped down hard in the Xinjiang Province, where the Chinese Branch of the Vox Populi had it's powerbase.

In the Middle-East, Israel remained the most stable state in the region, where the IDF cooperated with the CRRF to put down major Vox insurrections in neighbouring countries. Syria was being torn apart by a second civil war, while Iran occupied the northern half of Iraq as the CRRF dealt with the Vox insurgents in the southern half, making Baghdad their local HQ. In Yemen, Aden was under siege as the local military and CRRF attempted to retake the Vox stronghold. In Southeast Asia, the Australians, Americans and Chinese attempted to police the region with difficulty, as the Vox had grown adept at melting into the jungle and island-hopping from one place to another.

It had been two weeks, and the casualty estimate had reached 200,000. The global counter-insurgency campaign was proving to be bloody, but by now the Earth had grown used to such bloodshed, and the Coalition were hardened with years of experience. The Vox were trapped between the steadily advancing forces of the Earth on the ground, as well as the orbiting navy in space, and were running out of places to hide. 
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 10:56:48 AM »
-Aur System, Reishira Bandrium asteroid belt-

A Vis sat at the opening of a large mining barge, which was collecting many tons of valuable minerals to send back to Visei. He wore no protective suit, despite the fact that he was out in space with many tons of minerals grinding against each other just meters below him. The process was almost entirely mechanised, and as such there was little risk of him being discovered.

"What the hell am I doing here?" The Vis thought, sighing despondently as he leaned against the wall

"You wanted to see space once before you expired Zephiris, remember?"

"It's Zeph," Zeph thought angrily, banging his fist against the ground

The fist shimmered as it impacted.

"Almost a goner there, aren't you 'Zeph'?" The voice inside Zeph's head spoke, "I'm surprised you managed to scrounge up enough Energy to even make this trip, but you've only got one more day at the rate you're using it up idiot."

"Shut the gently-carress up, just...please, just for a bit..." Zeph pleaded, getting up slowly and walking towards the gaping open maw of the mining barge

"You know that's suicide, I don't have to tell you it's suicide since I'm you, so why are you doing it?" The voice asked, "Be a mining supervisor, live on scraps, take some indignation, scramble back up to the top, just throw some gently-carressers under the bus so you can live!"

As Zeph looked out to the vast expanse of space, gazing out to Aur and the planets orbiting it, he...smiled.

"I'd, really, rather die."

He jumped, out the endless void with nothing but the silver pendant around his neck. The darkness of space seemingly welcomed him with open arms, pulling him further and further away from the ship as it drifted away. Now, at peace within the cosmos, Zeph -given the name Zephiris at birth- would quickly starve to death; as alone as the day he was born.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »

"I'd, really, rather die."

He jumped, out the endless void with nothing but the silver pendant around his neck. The darkness of space seemingly welcomed him with open arms, pulling him further and further away from the ship as it drifted away. Now, at peace within the cosmos, Zeph -given the name Zephiris at birth- would quickly starve to death; as alone as the day he was born.

The Vis floated through the endless void, the mining barge behind him a distant memory as he embraced the cold endless dark.

He floated for some time, the Barge no longer within sight, in fact it seemed nothing was in sight but the distant stars, Where had the home star gone? He wondered until it became apparent it was being eclipsed by something huge, a star ship of Cyclopean size, it shifted slightly and the star was now in view, it had blended in with space but now he could see it, it was black  and long with a crescent shaped head and had dull green glow at certain areas of the ship.

A viridian beam encloaked Zeph and as he was being drawn towards the ship, he blacked out as his power dwindled

When he awoke, it was dark and he seemed to be some sort of small chamber with no doors or windows. All the surfaces of the room where made of some black stone like substance that was incredibly smooth, or was it rough? THe longer he tried to figure out whether it was metal, stone, or some kind of plastic, the less sure he was of what he was touching.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 02:05:55 PM »
The Vis floated through the endless void, the mining barge behind him a distant memory as he embraced the cold endless dark.

He floated for some time, the Barge no longer within sight, in fact it seemed nothing was in sight but the distant stars, Where had the home star gone? He wondered until it became apparent it was being eclipsed by something huge, a star ship of Cyclopean size, it shifted slightly and the star was now in view, it had blended in with space but now he could see it, it was black  and long with a crescent shaped head and had dull green glow at certain areas of the ship.

A viridian beam encloaked Zeph and as he was being drawn towards the ship, he blacked out as his power dwindled

When he awoke, it was dark and he seemed to be some sort of small chamber with no doors or windows. All the surfaces of the room where made of some black stone like substance that was incredibly smooth, or was it rough? THe longer he tried to figure out whether it was metal, stone, or some kind of plastic, the less sure he was of what he was touching.
"Well, I can't be dead since I'm still hungry...I think." Zeph thought, "I don't really know how the Afterworld works, probably shouldn't make too many assumptions..."

Seeing no other option, he called out, "Hello? Is anybody there? I'm medically near-starvation if that's important to you!"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2014, 06:06:20 PM »
"Well, I can't be dead since I'm still hungry...I think." Zeph thought, "I don't really know how the Afterworld works, probably shouldn't make too many assumptions..."

Seeing no other option, he called out, "Hello? Is anybody there? I'm medically near-starvation if that's important to you!"

First something was spoken in a language he did not understand, it sounded almost eldritch and gave him a feeling that it was spoken before time immemorial.

But then after a second of two and a strange sensation on his crystal he began to understand.

"There we go. Do you hunger little light? Let us tend to your flame." The voice said, it sounded mechanical in origin.

When Zeph looked down he had noticed several serpentine insectiod like machines had wrapped around his core crystal. The Room began to change as well and some strange structure with a small port appear, it was some sort of Obelisk, and strange etching on it pulsated a green energy.

He quickly found himself pressed against the pillar, and soon his body was deactivated, the hardlight body dissipating into nothing, and then the crystal was suspended in the hole of the obelisk, it began receiving consistent energy as the insectoid machines scuttled across its surface.

"Little light, now your flame burns bright." The voice resounded.

Zeph found himself unable to manifest his body even with more than sufficient energy, he also noticed he could still see and hear with out his auxiliary structures, the Obelisk was acting as a temporary body it seemed.

The wall infront of the obelisk moved down revealing a aperture to see through, and now he could see his captor.

It was tall and slender humanoid machine, its body reminiscent of a humanoid bone structure, but then again it was not something Zeph would be familiar with. It was black and glowed a dull blue in certain parts of its body, it looked at him with a single large blue eye, and it held some sort of arcane staff in its hand with sygils and etching that glowed as well.

The strangest thing was that no matter how Zeph tried to optically focus on the being, it always seemed blurry and out of focus slightly.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »
First something was spoken in a language he did not understand, it sounded almost eldritch and gave him a feeling that it was spoken before time immemorial.

But then after a second of two and a strange sensation on his crystal he began to understand.

"There we go. Do you hunger little light? Let us tend to your flame." The voice said, it sounded mechanical in origin.

When Zeph looked down he had noticed several serpentine insectiod like machines had wrapped around his core crystal. The Room began to change as well and some strange structure with a small port appear, it was some sort of Obelisk, and strange etching on it pulsated a green energy.

He quickly found himself pressed against the pillar, and soon his body was deactivated, the hardlight body dissipating into nothing, and then the crystal was suspended in the hole of the obelisk, it began receiving consistent energy as the insectoid machines scuttled across its surface.

"Little light, now your flame burns bright." The voice resounded.

Zeph found himself unable to manifest his body even with more than sufficient energy, he also noticed he could still see and hear with out his auxiliary structures, the Obelisk was acting as a temporary body it seemed.

The wall infront of the obelisk moved down revealing a aperture to see through, and now he could see his captor.

It was tall and slender humanoid machine, its body reminiscent of a humanoid bone structure, but then again it was not something Zeph would be familiar with. It was black and glowed a dull blue in certain parts of its body, it looked at him with a single large blue eye, and it held some sort of arcane staff in its hand with sygils and etching that glowed as well.

The strangest thing was that no matter how Zeph tried to optically focus on the being, it always seemed blurry and out of focus slightly.
He tried to speak, saying "Crap, I went and got abducted by aliens. Lucky me..." He thought/spoke, "Am, I going to be experimented on Sir Alien? Because us Vis have been through that before and it wasn't pleasant..."

He struggled to understand his new body, as the Obelisk was making him extremely uncomfortable. It was like having all your limbs chopped off, but...

"You suppose it's worth it, to see this before you die, don't you Zeph?" 'Zephiris' thought to himself
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:10:00 PM by Ragez »

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 05:10:37 PM »
He tried to speak, saying "Crap, I went and got abducted by aliens. Lucky me..." He thought/spoke, "Am, I going to be experimented on Sir Alien? Because us Vis have been through that before and it wasn't pleasant..."

He struggled to understand his new body, as the Obelisk was making him extremely uncomfortable. It was like having all your limbs chopped off, but...

"You suppose it's worth it, to see this before you die, don't you Zeph?" 'Zephiris' thought to himself

"Interesting Little light, you flicker twice, your light burns for two." The Metal Alien said in its undertone. One second it wasworking at one holo-panel and the next it was on the other side of the room, or were their two of them.

"I do not plan to extinguish you little light, just to help, you are a most interesting specimen of your kind." It said as it warped past the barrier separating them.

Zeph felt a autonomous voice in his mind say Scan Complete.

"Ah it seems the analysis is complete, your race is as I thought, entirely artificial. But I already knew that, just as I knew where you would jump into the void little Light." He said.

He reached a sharp finger towards the crystal that was Zeph and brought it forth, regenerating his body completely, the Obelisk sank back into the floor, that was as smooth as it had never been.

As soon as Zeph had finished recalibrating his limbs the Alien was on the other side of the wall again, only the window like aperture to look through.

"I am Inetehk, the Timeless they call me, and this is my vessel little light, are you not grateful for your meal?" Inetekh uttered in question wondering what would occur in this specific stream or if he needed to traverse another.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »
"Interesting Little light, you flicker twice, your light burns for two." The Metal Alien said in its undertone. One second it wasworking at one holo-panel and the next it was on the other side of the room, or were their two of them.

"I do not plan to extinguish you little light, just to help, you are a most interesting specimen of your kind." It said as it warped past the barrier separating them.

Zeph felt a autonomous voice in his mind say Scan Complete.

"Ah it seems the analysis is complete, your race is as I thought, entirely artificial. But I already knew that, just as I knew where you would jump into the void little Light." He said.

He reached a sharp finger towards the crystal that was Zeph and brought it forth, regenerating his body completely, the Obelisk sank back into the floor, that was as smooth as it had never been.

As soon as Zeph had finished recalibrating his limbs the Alien was on the other side of the wall again, only the window like aperture to look through.

"I am Inetehk, the Timeless they call me, and this is my vessel little light, are you not grateful for your meal?" Inetekh uttered in question wondering what would occur in this specific stream or if he needed to traverse another.
"I'm grateful, really. Thank you for saving me." Zeph spoke, opening and closing his hand, "Your energy tastes a bit weird, but it's better than starving for sure..."

He looked at the alien, trying harder to focus on his shape to no avail, "Sir...Inetehk, what race are you from? You aren't a Csin, they were much bulkier and...not nearly as nice."

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
"I'm grateful, really. Thank you for saving me." Zeph spoke, opening and closing his hand, "Your energy tastes a bit weird, but it's better than starving for sure..."

He looked at the alien, trying harder to focus on his shape to no avail, "Sir...Inetehk, what race are you from? You aren't a Csin, they were much bulkier and...not nearly as nice."
"I am of the Necrontyr.....or as we are now know due to our metal bodies, a Necron." He said as he let the wall down knowing that this time stream was in fact the right, non-hostile one.

"We are ancient race, and I do mean ancient, from what I have gathered after learning to tap into this existence's ethereal flow of time, much older than even those who made your race." He said gesturing for the Vis to follow.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 01:28:48 AM »
"I am of the Necrontyr.....or as we are now know due to our metal bodies, a Necron." He said as he let the wall down knowing that this time stream was in fact the right, non-hostile one.

"We are ancient race, and I do mean ancient, from what I have gathered after learning to tap into this existence's ethereal flow of time, much older than even those who made your race." He said gesturing for the Vis to follow.
"Existence's...ethereal flow of time...?" Zeph spoke with confusion, following the alien, "That's, cool. I didn't think that there were any races older than the Aedir..."