Author Topic: Post your Strategy Game Status  (Read 176965 times)

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Strategy Game Status
« Reply #325 on: July 04, 2012, 05:45:34 PM »
Wait, wut? You lost 330 men, but the French only killed 193 enemies? Friendly fire much? :D

Well, I ordered my men to charge the fleeing enemy while my cannons where still firing.... Not my best moment. But the lossed because of that are still very acceptable.
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 04, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
Looks to me that you annexed more than just "small countries". :P

Never actually tried Napoleon...I like the new concepts introduced, such as attrition, but I never liked the reduced campaign map.
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 04, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »

Never actually tried Napoleon...I like the new concepts introduced, such as attrition, but I never liked the reduced campaign map..

Wel, Oldenburg, Saxony just to name a bunch. Before this screenshot I already took the first province from france.

Attrition is a nice extra challenge, I have took keep my easteren armies in cities during the winter.

Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 04, 2012, 08:07:08 PM »

Never actually tried Napoleon...I like the new concepts introduced, such as attrition, but I never liked the reduced campaign map.
I don't recommend that game at all. I don't know what it is, but I don't think that game is any fun whatsoever. It's like Empires, only a little worse.

But I didn't know of this attrition thing. Might explain why my troops kept dying by the thousands during my first winter as Russia...

Keep calm and move along.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 04, 2012, 09:01:15 PM »
Might explain why my troops kept dying by the thousands during my first winter as Russia...
One of Napoleon's mistakes, I believe.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 04, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »
One of Napoleon's mistakes, I believe.
And Hitler's as well. Not that he has any relevance here.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 04, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »
I don't recommend that game at all. I don't know what it is, but I don't think that game is any fun whatsoever. It's like Empires, only a little worse.

But I didn't know of this attrition thing. Might explain why my troops kept dying by the thousands during my first winter as Russia...

Are you dissing Empire: TW?
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 04, 2012, 11:46:21 PM »
Are you dissing Empire: TW?
I'm dissing Napoleon: TW. I'm saying its pretty much Empire: TW on a smaller scale and without the fun. Therefore, I do not find it worth playing.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 05, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »
I'm dissing Napoleon: TW. I'm saying its pretty much Empire: TW on a smaller scale and without the fun. Therefore, I do not find it worth playing.

Good...good... :bandit:
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 05, 2012, 12:30:04 AM »
Good...good... :bandit:
If I had dissed Empire, would you have made another plan to kill me, then? Because they kinda suck.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 05, 2012, 01:18:57 AM »
If I had dissed Empire, would you have made another plan to kill me, then? Because they kinda suck.

I've made plans to kill you? When was this?
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 05, 2012, 01:48:06 AM »
I've made plans to kill you? When was this?
Last week.
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2012, 02:52:48 AM »
Last week.

I see...and what did I say?
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2012, 05:18:14 AM »
:sorcerer:

So I said "Sorcerer!", interesting. I must have been drunk at the time, though not as much as Tobbs if he took a random, alcohol induced statement as a death threat. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 06, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »
Well things got interesting in Northern and Western Europe. After a long and bloody war I was finally able to defeat and subdue Poland-Lithuania, leaving them only with Courland I conquered earlier, and gave to them out of pity. Venice and Genoa, no longer able to contain their hidden hate for each other, broke their alliance and declared war on one another. Fortunately I was able to get a trade agreement with Venice out of that, and I gave some chump change to them to help out. Unfortunately though later a giant dragon came out of former France and ate the Austrian King, which wasn't really ideal for my political ambitions. Apparently it all started because the King's men failed to put Humpty-Dumpty back together, after the silly bugger fell of a wall. Little bugger had it coming if you ask me, but dragon's can be a sensitive bunch for the strangest reasons. Anyways I sent a couple armies to smite the dragon, but they were all subsequently eaten. So I hate the diplomacy tab to try to reason with the dragon. At first it was adamant about its intent to destroy the world, but I was able to successfully point out the lack of a damsel, which pointed out the dragon was in breach of the Fairy Tale Conventions of 1607. Admitting defeat, the dragon went back to its layer.

Fortunately I got another break when the King of Great Britain offered his throne for whomever could find him a horse. I quickly went to the diplomacy thread and gave him the 5000 Guinea thoroughbred, and the King gratefully gave me his throne, allowing me to annex the British Empire. So now I control a Prussian Empire stretching from Northern Europe to the Americas and India.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
Well things got interesting in Northern and Western Europe. After a long and bloody war I was finally able to defeat and subdue Poland-Lithuania, leaving them only with Courland I conquered earlier, and gave to them out of pity. Venice and Genoa, no longer able to contain their hidden hate for each other, broke their alliance and declared war on one another. Fortunately I was able to get a trade agreement with Venice out of that, and I gave some chump change to them to help out. Unfortunately though later a giant dragon came out of former France and ate the Austrian King, which wasn't really ideal for my political ambitions. Apparently it all started because the King's men failed to put Humpty-Dumpty back together, after the silly bugger fell of a wall. Little bugger had it coming if you ask me, but dragon's can be a sensitive bunch for the strangest reasons. Anyways I sent a couple armies to smite the dragon, but they were all subsequently eaten. So I hate the diplomacy tab to try to reason with the dragon. At first it was adamant about its intent to destroy the world, but I was able to successfully point out the lack of a damsel, which pointed out the dragon was in breach of the Fairy Tale Conventions of 1607. Admitting defeat, the dragon went back to its layer.

Fortunately I got another break when the King of Great Britain offered his throne for whomever could find him a horse. I quickly went to the diplomacy thread and gave him the 5000 Guinea thoroughbred, and the King gratefully gave me his throne, allowing me to annex the British Empire. So now I control a Prussian Empire stretching from Northern Europe to the Americas and India.
What is this I don't even...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 06, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 10, 2012, 03:25:28 AM »
Oly crap, I've just had my own version of the Revolutions of 1848 happen. First Anatolia rebelled against the Ottomans, taking the region. Then Greece won its independence in a short war, and then the Ukrainians and Tatars successfully rebelled against Russia, plus Georgia won its independence against them. Then the Ottomans suffered a revolution which turned it into a Republic. That's all in addition to what I've been going through. I've had two attempted Republican Revolutions, two Bavarian rebellions and two Danish rebellions. The Danish and Bavarian rebellions were put down easily enough, but the two attempted revolutions were close calls. Other than living a remarkably blessed life, the only reason I beat the revolutionaries was because I thought ahead of time, and placed elite units like the Garde du Corps and Superior Prussian Infantry in Berlin.

And there's still unrest in Bavaria, Denmark and Berlin. I suspect I'm going to be fighting revolutionaries and rebels for awhile yet. Can't even remove the universities, as while they're the primary cause, they're needed for research.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:28:08 AM by Grif101 »
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
Oly crap, I've just had my own version of the Revolutions of 1848 happen. First Anatolia rebelled against the Ottomans, taking the region. Then Greece won its independence in a short war, and then the Ukrainians and Tatars successfully rebelled against Russia, plus Georgia won its independence against them. Then the Ottomans suffered a revolution which turned it into a Republic. That's all in addition to what I've been going through. I've had two attempted Republican Revolutions, two Bavarian rebellions and two Danish rebellions. The Danish and Bavarian rebellions were put down easily enough, but the two attempted revolutions were close calls. Other than living a remarkably blessed life, the only reason I beat the revolutionaries was because I thought ahead of time, and placed elite units like the Garde du Corps and Superior Prussian Infantry in Berlin.

And there's still unrest in Bavaria, Denmark and Berlin. I suspect I'm going to be fighting revolutionaries and rebels for awhile yet. Can't even remove the universities, as while they're the primary cause, they're needed for research.
Just keep beating them down and they'll get calm eventually.

Offline Deadeas

• gently-carress you.
    • Deadeas
    • Deadeas
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »

Clearly, pepper spray is needed.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2012, 03:28:54 PM »

Latest update. Looking at this map, I realized how much of a nerd I've been with this game. How in the world did I get a girlfriend?

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2012, 03:56:10 PM »

Latest update. Looking at this map, I realized how much of a nerd I've been with this game. How in the world did I get a girlfriend?

I could say something along the lines of God showing you favour...

Clearly, pepper spray is needed.

Yeah, because its not like bullets or bayonets or cannon would do me any good...

:P
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »
I could say something along the lines of God showing you favour...
Or maybe he is preparing a major troll on me for the lulz.