Author Topic: Witch Hunt  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
Witch Hunt
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:09:01 PM »
I was thinking to myself "Self, we need more forum games on GIV. What would be good? Well, I found a game called "Mafia" and figured I might adapt it to be a bit more fun. So here it is.
Rules
There are two teams: The witch family, and the town. They each win when the other is dead. The witches know who the other witches are, but the townsfolk don't know anything.

There are two distinct phases that alternate until there's a winner.

Day: During the day, each player can vote by posting Vote: Player Name whoever gets the majority of votes is lynched. Debates can be had to decide who's likely a witch, and witches will want to try their best to cast suspicion on non-witches. The phase ends when the player is lynched or 48 hours are up, when they will be removed from the game, and their role revealed.

Night: During the night, witches will communicate with each other via PM, and send the name of the player they want to kill in the form of Kill: Player NamePower villagers (Townsfolk with abilities) can also send names at this time. Nights last 24 hours regardless of when votes are sent.
Guidelines
  • Obey the site rules
  • This is a game. It's meant to be fun. Don't spoil it for others.
  • Do not reveal the contents of any PMs, who you are, or anything of the sort to anyone. That ruins the game and makes it less fun for everyone.
  • Do not reveal or discuss game information outside the game thread unless your rule allows it.
  • Do not edit your posts.
  • Be civil and respectful of your fellow players. If you're voted out, accept your death with dignity. An unruly Lynch mob is no fun. See rule two.
  • Type only in English and with full clarity. Invisible text, small text, encryption, foreign languages, et cetera are not allowed.
  • Only sign on to the game if you're willing to commit. People dropping out left and right isn't fun for anyone.
  • If you feel someone is breaking a game rule, PM me. Do not yell at them yourself. If you feel someone is breaking a site rule, follow normal procedure.

"Any food that involves cheese is just an excuse to eat cheese." -Hannah Hart

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
Re: Witch Hunt
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:09:36 PM »
Currently Planned Player Roles
Witch Family
2 Normal Witches. They win when the town is dead or nothing can stop them.

1 Witch Matriarch. They get final say in player death and appear Innocent to the seer.

Townsfolk
1 Seer. They PM me the name of a player and I reveal whether they are GUILTY or INNOCENT.

1 Jailkeeper. They PM me the name of a player and that player can no longer do anything once the night arrives or be killed at night.

Everyone else is a normal villager.

Your role is selected at random.

Role suggestions are welcome.

Player List
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:18:47 PM by Mukora »
"Any food that involves cheese is just an excuse to eat cheese." -Hannah Hart