Author Topic: PolitiCentral  (Read 76643 times)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
Re: PolitiCentral
« Reply #400 on: June 26, 2016, 05:51:11 AM »
Currently in the US, Hillary may no longer have enough delegates to get the nomination, which means a contested convention. Which is a very good thing. Feel the Bern.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #401 on: June 26, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
Let's bring this sleeping horror to life because reasons :sorcerer:

Congratulations to the United Kingdom for choosing liberty and sovereignty! Here's hoping your big cousin Sweden joins you soon! ( `・ㅂ・)و

Sure the EU might be terrible, but the British people literally voted themselves into a pending recession. The UK's top 3 economic industries are service industries which rely heavily on the EU and even when all is said and done, they will still be strong-armed by the EU because they will need to re-sign a whole bunch of trade agreements from a position of severe weakness. In fact, the EU may force the UK to accept a Norway type deal where it's basically the same thing as them being in the EU, without all the benefits of being able to decide laws or receive transfer payments.

That said, this doesn't even get into the fact that the older generation (Age 40+) which voted overwhelmingly to leave essentially screwed over the British Youth (Age 18-39) who voted overwhelmingly to stay.

Anyhow, vote day was utterly fascinating to watch unfold since as soon as the election was called the Pound dropped 20 something cents against the USD, the Stock Markets collapsed (before rebounding slightly) and the entire world's GDP lost over 2 Trillion Dollars. Then within hours of the vote being called the pro-leave politicians all came out and admitted that they straight up lied to the people while Scotland and Northern Ireland are now saying they want to succeed to stay in the EU.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:14:48 PM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 26, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »
Sure the EU might be terrible, but the British people literally voted themselves into a pending recession. The UK's top 3 economic industries are service industries which rely heavily on the EU and even when all is said and done, they will still be strong-armed by the EU because they will need to re-sign a whole bunch of trade agreements from a position of severe weakness. In fact, the EU may force the UK to accept a Norway type deal where it's basically the same thing as them being in the EU, without all the benefits of being able to decide laws or receive transfer payments.

That said, this doesn't even get into the fact that the older generation (Age 40+) which voted overwhelmingly to leave essentially screwed over the British Youth (Age 18-39) who voted overwhelmingly to stay.

Anyhow, vote day was utterly fascinating to watch unfold since as soon as the election was called the Pound dropped 20 something cents against the USD, the Stock Markets collapsed (before rebounding slightly) and the entire world's GDP lost over 2 Trillion Dollars
There is a video which encompasses all possible arguments I might have and more, so it'd just be redundant for me to start writing. Instead, I'll just link the video in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vpo9qzsfL4

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• I have a bad feeling about this...
    • http://mazder-1x5.deviantart.com/
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031547390
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 28, 2016, 04:08:29 PM »

Anyhow, vote day was utterly fascinating to watch unfold since as soon as the election was called the Pound dropped 20 something cents against the USD, the Stock Markets collapsed (before rebounding slightly) and the entire world's GDP lost over 2 Trillion Dollars. Then within hours of the vote being called the pro-leave politicians all came out and admitted that they straight up lied to the people while Scotland and Northern Ireland are now saying they want to succeed to stay in the EU.
"Straight up lied"
-meaning they made a few claims that encompassed both all and only part being included in their usage of resources.

"old screwed the young"
-Some can regard as giving them the opportunity to have a country with 100% control rather than partial control in a council that decides things for their needs based on other country's performance/needs.

Already there are trade deals being made with countries in the EU (ones which can now be made without the EU limitations put in place by both parties as we now can be classed as an outside member and have access to things we couldn't before), the stock market is already rebounding and resettling and even the massive panic attack people have is dying down.

Honestly this is a good thing to happen as at worse this is an experiment to get the EU to get it's act together and actually do something about it's decline, which has been happening for years, even before the Greece thing happened. At best the UK becomes stronger as even as we're the 6th economy in the world (previously fifth) we have the freedom to do things we could not do in the EU, and those trade deals "lost" will be regained as the trade deals previously held were just as necessary for the countries they were with as they were with us. And in reality we're only competing with France and Germany in the EU and those are the two keeping it afloat at the moment. And now we don't have to pay in to keep hem afloat as well. We'll take that money and put it into our own account.

And this is even if the potential EU split rumblings form other countries isn't a thing.
Come look at my art.
Deviantart: http://mazder-1x5.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://mazderverhal.tumblr.com/
Leave ideas or critiques or anything with me there or anywhere you can reach me. :)

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 28, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »
I did hear though that the Scots are now pushing for a second independence referendum, since one of the main points for the 'stay' side was Scotland's advantageous place in the EU. That does worry me a bit, as an independent Scotland would effectively spell the end of the UK.

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2016, 05:05:51 PM »
I did hear though that the Scots are now pushing for a second independence referendum, since one of the main points for the 'stay' side was Scotland's advantageous place in the EU. That does worry me a bit, as an independent Scotland would effectively spell the end of the UK.
true but that'd put them at an even shakier state.
They'd first have to negotiate with the EU on leaving the EU, then negotiate with the UK about leaving the UK, then renegotiate rejoining the EU as an independent country.
The first break is going to take 2 years, then they'll need to decide on if there is going to be a referendum, that can take a month to a year, then they'll have to detach from us, which would take at least a year at least, then rejoin the EU which could take anywhere between 2-4 years depending on how things go, maybe up to 10 if things go bad and they don't adopt the Euro.

I'd hope they decide to stay with us once the leaving 2 years are up to see how it goes before deciding to have another vote.
Come look at my art.
Leave ideas or critiques or anything with me there or anywhere you can reach me. :)

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2016, 09:42:14 PM »
"Straight up lied"
-meaning they made a few claims that encompassed both all and only part being included in their usage of resources.

"old screwed the young"
-Some can regard as giving them the opportunity to have a country with 100% control rather than partial control in a council that decides things for their needs based on other country's performance/needs.

Already there are trade deals being made with countries in the EU (ones which can now be made without the EU limitations put in place by both parties as we now can be classed as an outside member and have access to things we couldn't before), the stock market is already rebounding and resettling and even the massive panic attack people have is dying down.

Honestly this is a good thing to happen as at worse this is an experiment to get the EU to get it's act together and actually do something about it's decline, which has been happening for years, even before the Greece thing happened. At best the UK becomes stronger as even as we're the 6th economy in the world (previously fifth) we have the freedom to do things we could not do in the EU, and those trade deals "lost" will be regained as the trade deals previously held were just as necessary for the countries they were with as they were with us. And in reality we're only competing with France and Germany in the EU and those are the two keeping it afloat at the moment. And now we don't have to pay in to keep hem afloat as well. We'll take that money and put it into our own account.

And this is even if the potential EU split rumblings form other countries isn't a thing.

First of all don't get me wrong, I'm happy that the UK decided to "Reclaim their borders" and "Retake their independence" because you did democratically vote on that. But all I am saying is that things aren't going to be as easy as you think it will be... and am bringing up the very real implications of the UK's actions to leave the EU.

Leave politicians came out one after the other saying "We won't put the 350m into the NHS", "There will be more immigrants than we advertised", "We won't activate Article 50 immediately". Those were the main selling points of leave to the populace, as can be seen by the world clouds conducted off of the exit polls at the booths.

On the old screwing the young front, all this means is that in 20 years when 40-60 is 60-80 and 60-80 is dead that the people left alive will be the ones who voted overwhelmingly to stay, and you will likely see another vote to rejoin whatever the EU has become.

I would agree with you if the referendum was a Binding Referendum, but the EU Referendum was a Non-binding referendum. That means that unless Parliament decides to go along with it, it legally has to be treated as an opinion poll. That means that until Article 50 is launched, the UK is still a part of the EU and has to abide by EU laws, and the EU at the time is currently working to enforce that because once Article 50 is launched it only benefits the EU. Trade Deals usually take years to come to an agreement on. Timelines for these start at half a decade and only go up from there unless you are negotiating from a position of a major power.

Take for example that the USA and Canada have been trying to get an agreement with the EU for upwards of half a decade now and even then there is no sign of it coming to a close anytime soon unless somebody budges on some essentials (Mainly around Visa's and protectionist quotas). In the USA's case, they are the #1 world economy and in Canada's the #10. Meanwhile the EU is the #2 Economy. Given that the UK is #6, how can the UK expect to get anywhere within 2 years when the US couldn't in over double that time span while being in a higher position of power than the EU

Don't forget that the EU is also a political organization, this is the first time a nation will be leaving through Article 50 so they are going to make an example out of the UK to deter anybody else from leaving. If they play hardball until your hard 2 year limit hits the clock, the EU wins because the UK will be forced to trade under the World Trade Organization... which doesn't allow trade of several of the industries which makes up the UK's top sectors.

When it comes to the USA, Obama came out himself and stated that the UK as an independent won't be at the top of their priority list because they will now have to renegotiate their EU-US trade agreement to make up for the fact that it doesn't include the UK. Same with Canada... which in our case us waiting until the UK is desperate at the end of the 2 year mark allows us to punch way above our economic weight.

Now you are right that the EU needs the UK, just as the UK needs the EU economically, but the EU can afford to take a temporary hit in order to get a better deal than the UK can when they suddenly are found in a position of needing to remake all of their deals

On the Scotland front, the news coming from the EU is that they are divided on that font. One day they are saying that Scotland would be fast tracked into the EU, the next they are saying that Scotland will have to go through the process. Realistically, the end result will be somewhere in the middle since its a unique event, and either way nothing stops Scotland from implementing the EU laws and the Euro before they are officially allowed back into the EU.

On the Ireland front, they are already within the EU so a reunified Ireland if it were to happen doesn't have that much in its way.

Anyhow, the biggest thing to come from that would be that suddenly the UK will now have to put billions into border patrolling the new UK/Scotland border and upgrading borders along the Northern Ireland/Ireland Border because the UK now will need to patrol and setup border stations to ensure that EU Citizens aren't getting into the UK without going through customs.

Now lastly, and the most telling is that now that David Cameron resigned and tossed the ball to his successors, suddenly even the most staunch leave politicians have begun to backtrack on their support for leaving the EU. Instead of talking about activating Article 50 as they should be following that vote, they are talking about trying to negotiate a better deal with the EU so they can presumably hold a second referendum on leaving or taking the new deal, if they can even get one.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:11:15 PM by killer rin »

Offline Mazder_Verhal

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 29, 2016, 12:39:01 AM »
First of all don't get me wrong, I'm happy that the UK decided to "Reclaim their borders" and "Retake their independence" because you did democratically vote on that. But all I am saying is that things aren't going to be as easy as you think it will be... and am bringing up the very real implications of the UK's actions to leave the EU.

Leave politicians came out one after the other saying "We won't put the 350m into the NHS", "There will be more immigrants than we advertised", "We won't activate Article 50 immediately". Those were the main selling points of leave to the populace, as can be seen by the world clouds conducted off of the exit polls at the booths.

On the old screwing the young front, all this means is that in 20 years when 40-60 is 60-80 and 60-80 is dead that the people left alive will be the ones who voted overwhelmingly to stay, and you will likely see another vote to rejoin whatever the EU has become.

I would agree with you if the referendum was a Binding Referendum, but the EU Referendum was a Non-binding referendum. That means that unless Parliament decides to go along with it, it legally has to be treated as an opinion poll. That means that until Article 50 is launched, the UK is still a part of the EU and has to abide by EU laws, and the EU at the time is currently working to enforce that because once Article 50 is launched it only benefits the EU. Trade Deals usually take years to come to an agreement on. Timelines for these start at half a decade and only go up from there unless you are negotiating from a position of a major power.

Take for example that the USA and Canada have been trying to get an agreement with the EU for upwards of half a decade now and even then there is no sign of it coming to a close anytime soon unless somebody budges on some essentials (Mainly around Visa's and protectionist quotas). In the USA's case, they are the #1 world economy and in Canada's the #10. Meanwhile the EU is the #2 Economy. Given that the UK is #6, how can the UK expect to get anywhere within 2 years when the US couldn't in over double that time span while being in a higher position of power than the EU

Don't forget that the EU is also a political organization, this is the first time a nation will be leaving through Article 50 so they are going to make an example out of the UK to deter anybody else from leaving. If they play hardball until your hard 2 year limit hits the clock, the EU wins because the UK will be forced to trade under the World Trade Organization... which doesn't allow trade of several of the industries which makes up the UK's top sectors.

When it comes to the USA, Obama came out himself and stated that the UK as an independent won't be at the top of their priority list because they will now have to renegotiate their EU-US trade agreement to make up for the fact that it doesn't include the UK. Same with Canada... which in our case us waiting until the UK is desperate at the end of the 2 year mark allows us to punch way above our economic weight.

Now you are right that the EU needs the UK, just as the UK needs the EU economically, but the EU can afford to take a temporary hit in order to get a better deal than the UK can when they suddenly are found in a position of needing to remake all of their deals

On the Scotland front, the news coming from the EU is that they are divided on that font. One day they are saying that Scotland would be fast tracked into the EU, the next they are saying that Scotland will have to go through the process. Realistically, the end result will be somewhere in the middle since its a unique event, and either way nothing stops Scotland from implementing the EU laws and the Euro before they are officially allowed back into the EU.

On the Ireland front, they are already within the EU so a reunified Ireland if it were to happen doesn't have that much in its way.

Anyhow, the biggest thing to come from that would be that suddenly the UK will now have to put billions into border patrolling the new UK/Scotland border and upgrading borders along the Northern Ireland/Ireland Border because the UK now will need to patrol and setup border stations to ensure that EU Citizens aren't getting into the UK without going through customs.

Now lastly, and the most telling is that now that David Cameron resigned and tossed the ball to his successors, suddenly even the most staunch leave politicians have begun to backtrack on their support for leaving the EU. Instead of talking about activating Article 50 as they should be following that vote, they are talking about trying to negotiate a better deal with the EU so they can presumably hold a second referendum on leaving or taking the new deal, if they can even get one.

On most of this I pretty much agree, I was referring to the best of all possible scenario's in my previous post. Basically a "well if the EU decides not to be an annoying cunt..." :D
On the Ireland front. N.Ireland and Rep. Ireland are pretty much 2 separate countries by this point. Since the split Rep.Ireland wants nothing to do with N.Ireland.
Scotland would also have to put in a massive chunk of money maintaining the border as well. But Scotland is a little undecided still.

It's probably going to be at least 3 months until the real rumblings start with the new PM.
If it's Boris we're gently-carressed.
Come look at my art.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2016, 02:25:35 AM »
On most of this I pretty much agree, I was referring to the best of all possible scenario's in my previous post. Basically a "well if the EU decides not to be an annoying cunt..." :D
On the Ireland front. N.Ireland and Rep. Ireland are pretty much 2 separate countries by this point. Since the split Rep.Ireland wants nothing to do with N.Ireland.
Scotland would also have to put in a massive chunk of money maintaining the border as well. But Scotland is a little undecided still.

It's probably going to be at least 3 months until the real rumblings start with the new PM.
If it's Boris we're gently-carressed.

Well, good news on that front since he just announced he has no intention of jumping into the fire http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36672591

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2016, 08:16:29 PM »
Currently in the US, Hillary may no longer have enough delegates to get the nomination, which means a contested convention. Which is a very good thing. Feel the Bern.

Looks like Bernie just preemptively endorsed Hillary before the convention
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:32:51 AM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 05, 2017, 10:12:07 AM »
So I heard Canada's very own cucklord, Justin Trudeau, has has rolled back on his promise for electoral reform. Can't say I'm surprised, though I half expected him to implement sharia law or Communism too while he was at it.

Canadians, what say you?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:15:24 AM by Tobbs »

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #411 on: February 05, 2017, 05:54:12 PM »
So I heard Canada's very own cucklord, Justin Trudeau, has has rolled back on his promise for electoral reform. Can't say I'm surprised, though I half expected him to implement sharia law or Communism too while he was at it.

Canadians, what say you?

Despite being optimistic at first (Seriously check the last page and that overly optimistic debacle), after 8 months of him delaying the simple creation of a committee to study electoral reform and even refusing them education and advertising budgets, I had a feeling he was going to drop it like a hot rock even with his majority government.

There are actually rallies going in in Ottawa right now with plans to do a Canadian-wide Protest with thousands of people to follow in the 11th.

The problem here is that Justin Trudeau wants an IRV/Preferential Ballot which benefits the Liberals and only the Liberals since they are our centralist party. NDP Voters and Conservative Voters would choose them as second so come the second or third round (or however long it takes for the Greens/Independent/0.000001% Parties to get eliminated) Liberals will instantly win the riding. It basically would lead to constant Liberal Majorities.

The second problem is that last year every MP did Town halls across the entire country and came to the conclusion that a Proportional System is the only way to go about this. We even had well over 86% of Experts come up in the Liberals own Electoral Reform Committee saying it had to be a Proportional System, and they also invited Politicians of all isles from other countries which have made the switch, and they all said they wish they had switched to a Proportional system earlier. Then we have a large majority of Canadians which support Electoral Reform saying they want a Proportional System. You can see where I am getting at. But when the report from the committee came out, the Liberals did the equivalent of throwing it in the trash without reading it while coming into the house and decry standard High School mathematics as "Too hard for the Average Canadian to understand" despite the fact that outside of the technical details of how the system is created in law, the underlying concepts are as simple as could be.

The Liberals also mailed out to every household an invitation to participate in a Heavily Flawed Internet Survey which despite being clearly designed to favour the status-quo no change by using fear rhetoric...Essentially, do you want the status quo, or this super unknown thing that could lead to Hitler and ISIS gaining control, Some of the questions included "Do you want parties to collaborate even if views you don't agree with have to be taken into account?", or "Should smaller parties get representation in the House of Commons even if some of them are extremists?". Everything short of asking what system do you prefer by asking in roundabout ways the far outliers of what each system would cause. And then yet despite the Liberals trying to scuttle things that way, they still gently-carressed up when the results of the survey came it it said Canadians do want to change the system and they want it to be more Proportional... or sorry, "Have more options to express their preferences in the House of Commons" and "Parties that cooperate more" and "More Smaller parties which more accurately represent my views".

In the end, total consultation came up to several hundred thousand Canadians, all of them wanting Proportional Representation and the views on if a referendum is needed or not was split 60/40 in favour of a referendum.

So now Trudeau comes out and says there is no concensus, that he doesn't want to let "Extremists" into the House of Commons despite the fact that right now we have the worst of the worst spewing Trumpisms and gaining popularity while at this moment trying to take over the Conservative Party of Canada during their Leadership Election. He also doesn't want to do a referendum because "The people don't care enough" while now openly stating he prefered a Preferential Ballot all along.

It's pretty much bullexcrement, and while I'm happy with him as Prime Minister over Harper (Because Harper truly did need to go), I'm glad I voted NDP because at least they aren't blatantly lying to the public on an important agenda.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:14:48 PM by killer rin »

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 05, 2017, 06:03:31 PM »
cucklord

Tobbs, you disappoint me..

Idk what it is. Normally I'm all aboard the memetrain but the cuck/libtard divide just makes me want to puke at how stupid it is.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:12:25 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 05, 2017, 06:46:07 PM »
Tobbs, you disappoint me..

Idk what it is. Normally I'm all aboard the memetrain but the cuck/libtard divide just makes me want to puke at how stupid it is.
When you put another country's people above your own and basically beg to be dominated, you're a cuck. And most things I hear about Trudeau is how he wants Canadians to apologize for not bending over quick enough.

Plus he spoke about Castro as if he was some sort of national hero, so there's that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:48:42 PM by Tobbs »

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #414 on: February 05, 2017, 07:36:35 PM »
When you put another country's people above your own and basically beg to be dominated, you're a cuck. And most things I hear about Trudeau is how he wants Canadians to apologize for not bending over quick enough.

Plus he spoke about Castro as if he was some sort of national hero, so there's that.

I think its time for a quick master class in Canadian Politics. Contrary to many other Federations, our Federation actually has very little power in the Federal portion. They handle Foreign Relationship, Sign Treaties, Handle the Monetary Policy, Environmental Regulations, Immigration, First Nations, Territories, Criminal Law, set Senators, appoint the Supreme Court and handle the Military. They also handle anything that the Provinces allow them to handle, so in some regards we are strongly centralized and in others its a bloodbath of provinces fighting over each other.

A fun example is that technically there is no Free Trade between Canadian Provinces. We have "Free Trade" in that you can bring stuff across provincial lines and there are no tariffs, but regulations between each province are so wildly different its almost impossible for a business to operate in all regions in canada without spending Hundreds of Millions of dollars on regulatory compliance between provincial lines. There are also fun things like it is technically Illegal to bring alcohol across provincial lines, and Unofficial "Neutral Zones" between provinces where business such as shipping have to stop their Tucks and change out wheels and trailers to fit regulations for the new province, only to swap them out again once they enter the next province.

But back to the main topic. Our country despite being a Federation, is insanely decentralized, and even in the areas where the Federal has jurisdiction, the Provincial gets fun little vetoes should they want to. Basically, an apt description of our Federal government is that it is a large bank of money which pays out to the provinces in order to persuade the provinces to do something. Sometimes that is absolute (Healthcare) other times, not so much (Student Aid, Welfare).

Basically, anything that would directly impact the people of Canada is under the jurisdiction of the Provinces, and they are militant in not wanting to let the Federal Government tell them what to do. Healthcare is handled provincially as is Education, Energy Policy, Welfare, Disability, Employment Insurance, ect. The only reason they don't handle Pensions is because they didn't want to deal with the political hit of managing it so they gave it to the Federal Government.

Simply put, the Federal Government can't do anything that the Provinces don't want them to do

Now in regards for Trudeau, he did and is doing what his job is, negotiating with the provinces and holding our federation together by bringing the children (provinces) to the table and forcing them to negotiate a Proper Inter-Canada free trade agreement and spending money on the things he can spend money on... Infrastructure by giving it directly to the Municipalities (and in some cases through the Provinces, especially when they are being stubborn about not letting the Federal transfer money directly), Student Aid... in the 5 Provinces that allow the Federal Government to have some amount of control over it, Approving and beginning to build a couple Pipelines for Alberta (something Harper failed at doing in his 10 years) and bringing in the Refugees that he made Sujet numéro un in his election campaign and even getting the Assisted Dying bill passed (though that was more Courts forcing the hand of the Harper and Trudeau Governments in general)

As for Castro, he did call him a dictator. He just also had some other things to say as well. The thing with Cuba is that Canada and Cuba always had a good relationship. Our leaders were always close. We were even the ones that brought the USA and Cuba to the bargaining table to help them get over their ban. And he did suffer a political hit for being too buddy-buddy with Castro.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:06:43 PM by killer rin »

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 05, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »
gently-carress the United States, gently-carress Health Insurance companies, gently-carress Big Business and Oil Companies, gently-carress all the Politicians that are in Corporate Pockets, and gently-carress the dumb bumpkins that vote for those politicians without realizing the harm it will do.

At least I can own a gun though.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #416 on: February 05, 2017, 10:16:26 PM »
gently-carress the United States, gently-carress Health Insurance companies, gently-carress Big Business and Oil Companies, gently-carress all the Politicians that are in Corporate Pockets, and gently-carress the dumb bumpkins that vote for those politicians without realizing the harm it will do.

Hey, as stupid as it is you guys have the second amendment for a reason. If Democrats really wanted to scare Republicans excrementless they would do a peaceful protest in front of the White House, Inauguration day protest in size where every single person has a gun strapped to their back.

Republicans would wise up so fast you'd swear they broke the laws of physics... That or you would get them to out themselves as hypocrites as they suddenly start crying out for Gun Control
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:35:03 PM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 05, 2017, 11:10:28 PM »

I wish I was allowed to own a gun. With what these "refugees" are are doing to my country, I feel I need one more every day.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 06, 2017, 04:04:52 AM »
Hey, as stupid as it is you guys have the second amendment for a reason. If Democrats really wanted to scare Republicans excrementless they would do a peaceful protest in front of the White House, Inauguration day protest in size where every single person has a gun strapped to their back.

Republicans would wise up so fast you'd swear they broke the laws of physics... That or you would get them to out themselves as hypocrites as they suddenly start crying out for Gun Control
The whole purpose of that amendment is to enable citizens to defend their freedoms with deadly force if necessary, and to fight a corrupt government.

Honestly it looks like its getting to the point where that may be necessary.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 06, 2017, 05:42:15 AM »
The whole purpose of that amendment is to enable citizens to defend their freedoms with deadly force if necessary, and to fight a corrupt government.

Honestly it looks like its getting to the point where that may be necessary.
Trump has only done what he was elected to do, the rest is just politics as usual. It's the excrementty American media that keeps putting it up as if it's the end of the world.

The "Muslim" ban? A 90-day traven ban for everyone - Muslim or no - from seven nations known for being terrorist hubs. A list that I'd like to point out it was Obama that made. Travel bans are common in politics. It's a use of soft power to send the message that the countries placed under the ban have serious issues that need to be fixed. Yeah, it may suck for the people in those countries that they can't traven to the US,  but Trump is puttning the US first, which is exactly what millions upon millions of Americans elected him to do.

I don't want to be the one to defend that buffoon, but I am sick and tired of the mainstream media whipping up this absolute frenzy with their constant, non-stop lies and half-truths, when in fact it's just business as usual. Now there's even terrorists like ANTIFA destroying the streets and assaulting people for their political beliefs. It's absolutely sick.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 06, 2017, 05:44:44 AM »
I oddly find myself agreeing with Rin, even though we inhabit different sides of the political spectrum.

But he is right, there's a reason our founding is called "Canadian Confederation". Despite what John. A. McDonald wanted, we act more like a Confederation than a Federation these days. That started with Wilfred Laurier I believe, the process of decentralization, correct me if I'm wrong Rin.
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 06, 2017, 05:56:22 AM »
Trump has only done what he was elected to do, the rest is just politics as usual. It's the excrementty American media that keeps putting it up as if it's the end of the world.

The "Muslim" ban? A 90-day traven ban for everyone - Muslim or no - from seven nations known for being terrorist hubs. A list that I'd like to point out it was Obama that made. Travel bans are common in politics. It's a use of soft power to send the message that the countries placed under the ban have serious issues that need to be fixed. Yeah, it may suck for the people in those countries that they can't traven to the US,  but Trump is puttning the US first, which is exactly what millions upon millions of Americans elected him to do.

I don't want to be the one to defend that buffoon, but I am sick and tired of the mainstream media whipping up this absolute frenzy with their constant, non-stop lies and half-truths, when in fact it's just business as usual. Now there's even terrorists like ANTIFA destroying the streets and assaulting people for their political beliefs. It's absolutely sick.

I have to agree with Tobbs on this, though I don't necessarily support the man, he was legally and constitutionally elected according to the democratic process as outlined in the US Constitution. The Democrat-supporters reaction to his victory was utterly pathetic, from needing comfort dogs to trying to have a legitimate electoral result overturned and given to the loser simply because Trump is unpopular. Not to mention instances of Democrats physically assaulting people because they voted Trump. Holy gently-carress, the Democrats are supposed to be considered the progressive and tolerant side of American politics, but because thing's didn't go their way they're resorting to assault and trying to undermine their democratic system. It's ridiculous.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #422 on: February 06, 2017, 06:44:37 AM »

Well, the main problem with the "Muslim Ban" was that it flies in the face of the USA Constitution. There is a reason why the courts were quick to overturn it and are continuing to side against it as new cases are brought against it. Travel bans are perfectly fine, but when the travel bans are made for religious or racial reasons that breaks the First Amendment.

There is also the issue that the USA was issuing Visas, Green Cards and refugee status to people, and yet refusing them entry into the USA, despite the fact that they were legally allowed to be within the USA by having those documents. There were even cases where USA citizens were held unlawfully at airports unable to even speak to lawyers in the initial day of the event.

Granted Trump overturned that portion after a couple days of protests, but there was also that issue initially

I have to agree with Tobbs on this, though I don't necessarily support the man, he was legally and constitutionally elected according to the democratic process as outlined in the US Constitution. The Democrat-supporters reaction to his victory was utterly pathetic, from needing comfort dogs to trying to have a legitimate electoral result overturned and given to the loser simply because Trump is unpopular. Not to mention instances of Democrats physically assaulting people because they voted Trump. Holy gently-carress, the Democrats are supposed to be considered the progressive and tolerant side of American politics, but because thing's didn't go their way they're resorting to assault and trying to undermine their democratic system. It's ridiculous.

To be fair on the side of the Democrats, there were nearly 3 million more votes for Hillary than Donald. So you can see where the anger comes from. Yes the Electoral College is how they elect and not popular vote, and they definitely do things completely differently than Canada where Hillary would have likely won on a riding level count, but you can see where the anger comes from. The electoral college is a broken system, but until that's fixed it is also the system they have to abide by legally.

Though, lets not pretend that Democrats were the only ones fighting in the streets. There were just as many reports of Republicans fighting Democrats as there were Democrats fighting republicans. We can even turn back the clock to 2008 and 2012 and find Republican protests all the same. That said, assault is never right and neither side should have done it. It is just a testament to how divided the country is politically.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:52:19 AM by killer rin »

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2017, 07:07:58 AM »
I oddly find myself agreeing with Rin, even though we inhabit different sides of the political spectrum.

But he is right, there's a reason our founding is called "Canadian Confederation". Despite what John. A. McDonald wanted, we act more like a Confederation than a Federation these days. That started with Wilfred Laurier I believe, the process of decentralization, correct me if I'm wrong Rin.

I don't see why it's so odd, I inhibit the Left-Central position of politics. When I'm not celebrating the downfall of a prime minister I hated I can be quite centralist in my opinions. That said I do find left-center-right labels to be rather meaningless. It's all just terms used to categorize people into nice little boxes, a concept humans love doing. I'm left on most issues, but I also take rightist positions when need be. Economical arguments can be quite fun to posit when in political arguments as well.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure you are right in that regards. Canada started as a Confederation with the British North America Act in 1867, but around the time of the WW's when more and more provinces began to be formed or joined Canada, we swapped to a Federation in order to administer the entire country better.

Whats funny is that initially when we swapped to the Federation we had ideas and mechanisms in place to allow us to be heavily centralized, and then we completely threw it out the window in favour of a Confederation Style structure with a Federal Branch which manages the bare basics a Federal State should. However even then the Federal Government had a lot more power than it did today. Then we got the Pierre Trudeau Constitution and in the Negotiating, the Federal Government voluntarily gave up a considerable amount of its power so that it could become overwhelmingly powerful in other regards. The end result is what we have now.

Contrast this to the USA was formed with the idea and mechanisms of being heavily decentralized, and funnily enough became more centralized than we are.

But anyhow, the best description of Canada I have read is that we are essentially the European Union if they were to Federalize. A bunch of separate nations all operating under a single banner.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:18:09 AM by killer rin »

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 06, 2017, 07:20:14 AM »
I don't see why it's so odd, I inhibit the Left-Central position of politics. When I'm not celebrating the downfall of a prime minister I hated I can be quite centralist in my opinions. That said I do find left-center-right labels to be rather meaningless. It's all just terms used to categorize people into nice little boxes, a concept humans love doing. I'm left on most issues, but I also take rightist positions when need be. Economical arguments can be quite fun to posit when in political arguments as well.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure you are right in that regards. Canada started as a Confederation with the British North America Act in 1867, but around the time of the WW's when more and more provinces began to be formed or joined Canada, we swapped to a Federation in order to administer the entire country better.

Whats funny is that initially when we swapped to the Federation we had ideas and mechanisms in place to allow us to be heavily centralized, and then we completely threw it out the window in favour of a Confederation Style structure with a Federal Branch which manages the bare basics a Federal State should. However even then the Federal Government had a lot more power than it did today. Then we got the Pierre Trudeau Constitution and in the Negotiating, the Federal Government voluntarily gave up a considerable amount of its power so that it could become overwhelmingly powerful in other regards. The end result is what we have now.

Contrast this to the USA was formed with the idea and mechanisms of being heavily decentralized, and funnily enough became more centralized than we are.

The heavily-centralized US Federal Government of today is a result of the Civil War, very much a conflict between decentralization-centralization as much as it was about slavery and State's Rights. After the war, the US Feds took a much more centralist view, so as to never have a repeat of the Civil War.

Funny enough, the US Civil War had a large role in shaping our system of government as well. MacDonald initially favoured a decentralized federation (after being talked out of a unitary model), but after seeing the carnage of the US Civil War moved towards establishing a centralized federation, to prevent Canada from enduring the same issues the US did.
I'm back people...