Author Topic: The Bastion -- Parthernas.  (Read 13262 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: The Bastion -- Parthernas.
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
"Bullexcrement."Samuel suddenly said, drawing Jameson's attention. "That is complete bullexcrement."he repeated. "You just commited murder, a mass murder at that, and then you suddenly become the knight in shining armor? Do you really expect people to believe that?"

Jameson suddenly shot Samuel a look, his eyes seemingly boring into his soul.

"What do you know of Hell?" said Jameson "Mine or hers? Don't judge things you can never understand boy."
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
"Hehehe! They are not perfect, no!" He says and turn his mad gaze on Leo and Thorston. "You can still hear the whispers.. Hehe. But only faintly, talking to you through the silence... Heh. Defy the pain!"
"Not perfect eh? Yes, I had guessed that they weren't, but were just right to pin us down in a cell. Now, as for these...whispers..."

Thorston tries to concentrate as best as he can on only the magic and the manacles and chains. He tried to manifest his magic, very weakly at first, but with progressively stronger attempts. He did not only try to manifest his powers that affect water, but also the ones that affect life, to see if magic that is geared towards benefic use on himself would also be blocked.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
Jameson suddenly shot Samuel a look, his eyes seemingly boring into his soul.

"What do you know of Hell?" said Jameson "Mine or hers? Don't judge things you can never understand boy."
"You committed mass murder and now try to play the goody two-shoes. What else is there to understand?"Samuel responded and turned away his head to look at the others in their cells, his tone showing that he was no longer interested in their conversation even if Jameson did respond.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
"You committed mass murder and now try to play the goody two-shoes. What else is there to understand?"Samuel responded and turned away his head to look at the others in their cells, his tone showing that he was no longer interested in their conversation even if Jameson did respond.

Jameson looked at Samuel in disgust, before turning away saying "Foolish child."

Jameson then turned to Lisette, saying "Forgive me, my lady. Believe what you will, but please know that it is truly my desire to help you."
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »
Jameson looked at Samuel in disgust, before turning away saying "Foolish child."

Jameson then turned to Lisette, saying "Forgive me, my lady. Believe what you will, but please know that it is truly my desire to help you."
"Oi, Yarou." Leo swore in his native tongue, looking at Jameson with a cold fury. "I don't really give a crap about what you're accused of, and I legit think you're repentant for it. But don't you dare look down upon any of us with that 'holier than thou' attitude after what you've done, cuz there ain't a single Teme here in this cell, including myself, that deserves that kind of respect."

Leo was obviously infuriated at Jameson's haughty attitude, rather than his crimes. A strange viewpoint, but a respectable one.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »
"Oi, Yarou." Leo swore in his native tongue, looking at Jameson with a cold fury. "I don't really give a crap about what you're accused of, and I legit think you're repentant for it. But don't you dare look down upon any of us with that 'holier than thou' attitude after what you've done, cuz there ain't a single Teme here in this cell, including myself, that deserves that kind of respect."

Leo was obviously infuriated at Jameson's haughty attitude, rather than his crimes. A strange viewpoint, but a respectable one.

Jameson in turn looked at Leo with equal fury "Holy!? What in the name of God makes you think I consider myself Holy!? Have Holy Men done what I've done!? You can't even begin to understand, so don't you dare try to take the moral high ground with me."
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 08:43:55 PM »
Jameson in turn looked at Leo with equal fury "Holy!? What in the name of God makes you think I consider myself Holy!? Have Holy Men done what I've done!? You can't even begin to understand, so don't you dare try to take the moral high ground with me."
"Figure of speech, you dumbass. You called Samuel a 'Foolish child', which means that ya think your better and wiser than him." Leo said, rolling his eyes, "Thus, a 'Holier Than Thou' situation dun presented itself."

"The fact that ya think I was tryin' to take the moral high ground also makes me think that ya have a very weak grasp on yer language skills. Kssa man, this ain't even my first language; and I still know it better than you." Leo said with a mocking grin
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 08:50:30 PM »
"Figure of speech, you dumbass. You called Samuel a 'Foolish child', which means that ya think your better and wiser than him." Leo said, rolling his eyes, "Thus, a 'Holier Than Thou' situation dun presented itself."

"The fact that ya think I was tryin' to take the moral high ground also makes me think that ya have a very weak grasp on yer language skills. Kssa man, this ain't even my first language; and I still know it better than you." Leo said with a mocking grin

Suddenly Leo noticed an expression flicker over Jameson's face. It only lasted a moment, but it suddenly unnerved him a little. It had looked like Death itself was staring at him through those eyes...straight into Leo's soul. Sudenly Jameson jerked a little as the restraints did its work on him, and the look faded. Instead now it was just a wary anger in his eyes...but Leo couldn't forget that earlier look.

"Careful what you say" he said "There are things in all of us... things that we cannot control, remember that."
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Suddenly Leo noticed an expression flicker over Jameson's face. It only lasted a moment, but it suddenly unnerved him a little. It had looked like Death itself was staring at him through those eyes...straight into Leo's soul. Sudenly Jameson jerked a little as the restraints did its work on him, and the look faded. Instead now it was just a wary anger in his eyes...but Leo couldn't forget that earlier look.

"Careful what you say" he said "There are things in all of us... things that we cannot control, remember that."
"Well, that was weird." Leo said, "You do that to all the people who disagree with you for right reasons? I can see why you're here, then."

"Hennai." Leo thought, looking at the ceiling and wishing for all the world that he could punch some sense into Jameson; it usually worked with everybody else

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
Jameson looked around the room and noticed Samuel was staring at him again. "What the hell was that?"the man asked him. "For a moment, you looked like the Grimm Reaper himself!"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 10:15:28 PM »
Jameson looked around the room and noticed Samuel was staring at him again. "What the hell was that?"the man asked him. "For a moment, you looked like the Grimm Reaper himself!"

"As I said" Jameson said, sounding tired and weary now "There are things in all of us...very dark things, we cannot control. Let us be thankful for these restraints, in that respect."
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
"As I said" Jameson said, sounding tired and weary now "There are things in all of us...very dark things, we cannot control. Let us be thankful for these restraints, in that respect."
"Hm."Samuel grunted. "If that's what made you do what you did, then perhaps you should be in here."he said.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 08:53:25 AM »
"Hm."Samuel grunted. "If that's what made you do what you did, then perhaps you should be in here."he said.

Samuel was surprised when Jameson said "I agree wholeheartedly".
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
Samuel was surprised when Jameson said "I agree wholeheartedly".
"Don't give us that, you're going to escape the first chance you get. Damn Fuufi (Drama Queen)." Leo said with spite, not intimidated in the least by Jameson

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2012, 09:36:50 AM »
"Stop arguing! please!" The group hear Lisette call out from her cell; the woman still clinging to the metal bars with trembling and weak arms, staring wide-eyed at you. "Don't you see? he wants to turn us against eachother."

Thorston's attempt to use healing magic is met with disappointed, as nothing happens besides the now familiar taste of blood in his mouth. "Hehehehe. Nooo! Resist the pain. You must be greater than you are to defeat the metal! To hear the whispers again...Hehe" The old man chained to the wall croaks, his crazy stare focusing on you.
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2012, 09:59:42 AM »
"Stop arguing! please!" The group hear Lisette call out from her cell; the woman still clinging to the metal bars with trembling and weak arms, staring wide-eyed at you. "Don't you see? he wants to turn us against eachother."

Thorston's attempt to use healing magic is met with disappointed, as nothing happens besides the now familiar taste of blood in his mouth. "Hehehehe. Nooo! Resist the pain. You must be greater than you are to defeat the metal! To hear the whispers again...Hehe" The old man chained to the wall croaks, his crazy stare focusing on you.
"The guard's efforts don't excuse the fact that this guy's a prideful fuufi, but whatevs; I ain't one to argue with kathaab haquh (liar hypocrites)." Leo said, hearing what the old man said and redoubling his efforts to ignite something with his fire magic

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
Thorston largely ignores the commotion and instead presses on his attempts to use his water magic, trying to empty his mind of all mundane worries. Turning his attention towards the magic only.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2012, 04:43:03 PM »

"Very well" said Jameson to Lisette, ignoring Leo. Jameson then attempted to reach out with his mind, fighting the pain of the restraints, trying to reach out and take control of one of the guards...one with a key.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2012, 05:59:53 PM »

Samuel opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it. And he knew he wouldn't have if somebody else said had said it. He noticed two of the others, including Sheridan, tried to use their powers, whatever they were. But he could only control time and light, so he did not see any reason to even bother.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »
The cells fall back into relative silence as you concentrate on your magic, with only the creaking of wood and the occassional wail of some prisoner far back in the darkness to be heard. Lisette retreat back from the bars, curling up on the floor for the moment.

After a few moments of concentration Leo manages to finally use his rage at the group as fuel, pushing past the pain and taste of blood in his mouth this time as the magic take hold. An orange spark, faintly glowing, dance across the metal of his manacles, a tiny flame which is almost not there. A split second later is vanishes, almost as quick as it had appeared, and all that is left is a black patch of soot to mark its passing.

"Hehehe...Yes, one of you have made it. Hear the whispers again!"The old man cackles, grinning widely as he rattle his chains.

Thorston also has success, turning his attention to the water in the room, the moist air which smell of the sea, and for a moment force the humidity to obey; forcing it form into drops of water in your hands, and on the steel of your manacles, and quite visible forming a small orb of water in the palm of your hand. Like Leo's case the magic is fleeting, and a split second later the orb bursts and the water fall down onto the floor.

Spoiler for Jameson:
You reach out with your mind, only to find yourself blocked by invisible barriers caused by the manacles. The bitter taste of blood fill your mouth and you feel your concentration slipping like so many times before, but then something happens. Another mind, one glowing like a beacon, reach out and help you overcome the shackles, and you immediately identify it as the one of Mortimer, the old man in the cell.

"Together we are stronger!" you ehar his voice in your head, and then you find that your mind stretch out, across the ship and finding the minds of all its inhabitants, both prisoners and jailors. A myriad of thoughts, surface thoughts only, cascade into your head; cries fo anguish and thoughts of loved ones, and an ever present sense of dread and pain. In the darkness you sense strange presences among the familiar human ones, alien minds of beings that are strange to you, and one in particular who calls out, drawing you in...

Spoiler for Samuel:
As you sit down and witness the displays of successful magic from both Leo and Thorston you notice something else happening in the dark confines of the cell. Mortimer, the crazy old man who constantly encourage your use of magic, is spasming and jerking his body about, and his lips and teeth are clerly covered in blood as he grins madly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler for Hiden:
Looks like you all (Except Samuel) rolled well to manifest your magics.  :o Some better than others.
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »
Samuel stared at the spasming old man. What was going on? Was he having some kind of attack? He couldn't quite see clearly what was happening, as the room they were in was so poorly lit. He made a sigh. "Well, why not."he thought, and then attempted to use his powers to light up at least his own cell.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2012, 11:52:53 AM »
Samuel stared at the spasming old man. What was going on? Was he having some kind of attack? He couldn't quite see clearly what was happening, as the room they were in was so poorly lit. He made a sigh. "Well, why not."he thought, and then attempted to use his powers to light up at least his own cell.
"Yata!" Leo said in happiness, "Oi; Sammi, Thorston, we gotta chance after all." He said with a smirk, his eyes blazing red as he tried concentrating his fire magic once more

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2012, 06:19:40 PM »
The cells fall back into relative silence as you concentrate on your magic, with only the creaking of wood and the occassional wail of some prisoner far back in the darkness to be heard. Lisette retreat back from the bars, curling up on the floor for the moment.

After a few moments of concentration Leo manages to finally use his rage at the group as fuel, pushing past the pain and taste of blood in his mouth this time as the magic take hold. An orange spark, faintly glowing, dance across the metal of his manacles, a tiny flame which is almost not there. A split second later is vanishes, almost as quick as it had appeared, and all that is left is a black patch of soot to mark its passing.

"Hehehe...Yes, one of you have made it. Hear the whispers again!"The old man cackles, grinning widely as he rattle his chains.

Thorston also has success, turning his attention to the water in the room, the moist air which smell of the sea, and for a moment force the humidity to obey; forcing it form into drops of water in your hands, and on the steel of your manacles, and quite visible forming a small orb of water in the palm of your hand. Like Leo's case the magic is fleeting, and a split second later the orb bursts and the water fall down onto the floor.

Spoiler for Jameson:
You reach out with your mind, only to find yourself blocked by invisible barriers caused by the manacles. The bitter taste of blood fill your mouth and you feel your concentration slipping like so many times before, but then something happens. Another mind, one glowing like a beacon, reach out and help you overcome the shackles, and you immediately identify it as the one of Mortimer, the old man in the cell.

"Together we are stronger!" you ehar his voice in your head, and then you find that your mind stretch out, across the ship and finding the minds of all its inhabitants, both prisoners and jailors. A myriad of thoughts, surface thoughts only, cascade into your head; cries fo anguish and thoughts of loved ones, and an ever present sense of dread and pain. In the darkness you sense strange presences among the familiar human ones, alien minds of beings that are strange to you, and one in particular who calls out, drawing you in...

Spoiler for Samuel:
As you sit down and witness the displays of successful magic from both Leo and Thorston you notice something else happening in the dark confines of the cell. Mortimer, the crazy old man who constantly encourage your use of magic, is spasming and jerking his body about, and his lips and teeth are clerly covered in blood as he grins madly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler for Hiden:
Looks like you all (Except Samuel) rolled well to manifest your magics.  :o Some better than others.

Jameson attempted to resist the call...remembering the old stories of the psirens who would lure men to their death. Instead he attempted to look for the beacon of the guard with the key for their cell.
I'm back people...

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »
Samuel's attempt to cast a spell seem successful as a small, yet bright, white orb of light is formed above his hand, hovering weightlessly in the air as it casts light across the cell. The old man chained to the wall is now clearly bleeding from his mouth, a small river of blood running down his cheek and chin as he chuckles to himself, and his eyes are entirely white.

Leo however does not suceed this time and his efforts are met only with the now familiar taste of blood in his mouth.

Spoiler for Jameson:

The image of Mortimer appear before your inner vision, also glowing like a beacon, and he grins widely at you. "Hehe. Good! I will show you the path to your prey. Follow!" He says and begin to move through the endless maze of human consciosness and alien minds, navigating the ship through this uncanny mindspace. He seem to be leading you somewhere, away from the cell and your own body, and to a room not far down the corridor. Here you sense the young mind of a guard and your senses pick up vague images of his surface thoughts.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Samuel's attempt to cast a spell seem successful as a small, yet bright, white orb of light is formed above his hand, hovering weightlessly in the air as it casts light across the cell. The old man chained to the wall is now clearly bleeding from his mouth, a small river of blood running down his cheek and chin as he chuckles to himself, and his eyes are entirely white.

Leo however does not suceed this time and his efforts are met only with the now familiar taste of blood in his mouth.

Spoiler for Jameson:

The image of Mortimer appear before your inner vision, also glowing like a beacon, and he grins widely at you. "Hehe. Good! I will show you the path to your prey. Follow!" He says and begin to move through the endless maze of human consciosness and alien minds, navigating the ship through this uncanny mindspace. He seem to be leading you somewhere, away from the cell and your own body, and to a room not far down the corridor. Here you sense the young mind of a guard and your senses pick up vague images of his surface thoughts.
With that, Leo decided to stop wasting time attempting to show off his power and instead heat up the chains between his wrists instead. He knew heat better than anybody in this room, so he knew that if he repeatedly heated up, then waited until it cooled, and heated up the chains in succession the chains would eventually become brittle enough for him to break with his own strength.

So he focused his anger, thinking of arrogant lying bastards such as Jameson and the death of his parents to fuel his rage as he concentrated his fire magic on the chains between his wrists.