Author Topic: Empires of the IV  (Read 1351503 times)

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
Re: Empires of the Zorah: Part 1
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 02:35:12 PM »
The Scientists on the far system worlds of Hymm have uncovered ruins from one of the systems past Sapient species that suddenly went missing.  With another species found, this shows that we are defiantly not alone in the universe. With 4 species found in the system including humans it appears to have gotten interesting.

We have begun Research on these ruins, maybe to find their origin. Since the ruins Predate the Sapient Species on the others planets habitable worlds, and since the other ones are Pre-spaceflight, this one is extremely interesting. Maybe this species is the cause of the extinction of the others, No one knows.

We have begun researching these ruins, as well as attempting to pull information from the other colony worlds about this new discovery. Its amazing how much alike they are to us, our buildings, our Vehicles, our everything is almost exactly like them.

\- Genome Research has had more funding added to its budget
\- Current Progress:
\ 56%
\
\- Ruins of Space Faring Species
\- Current Progress:
\ 0%

\ End

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »
Impatient of gaining a new colony, Gu'ush Hazzet has ordered the military to spray Sapoxca - a neural toxin that is harmless to croiz- across the surface of Cargeffi. Luckily, the toxin proved to cause no harm to vital parts of the ecosystem, while it killed the natives in a matter of minutes. Any additional species that where extinct is easily replaced by modified animals from the other colonies. Now colonists can simply walk in and set up shop. However, the people where not happy with their leader risking to destroy such a beautiful planet as Cargeffi, just because he's too impatient. Civil unrest have reached 20% on all worlds as the populace start complaining about wanting Sapoxca banned. If the great Gu'ush will listen remains to be seen.

Colonization progress: 74%
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:31:06 PM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Kitteh face5

• Halp
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
Ooh I want in! Seems fun!
Spoiler for The Jinkou Republic:
--------------------------------------------------------
Leader : The Council of Nine

----------------------------------------------------
Territory : Homeworld of Ji'an, located on the edge of one of the galactic arms (have't invented space travel yet)

--------------------------------------------------
Race: Jinkou (like a mix of wolf and human, without the werewolf thing. both Tobbs and I like wolves :3]

Economy : The Jinkou is not a materialistic race. They give whatever resources to the one who most needs it, most deserve it or can take best care of it, depending on what it is. Several intelligent species live on Ji'an, and the Jinkou are popular in that they give and never want something back.

---------------------------------------------------
Society : The Jinkou society is based on nature: they refuse to do anything that will permanently harm nature, yet they have been able to build great cities with millions of inhabitants. They despise anyone who violates nature, but they are a little hypocritical. They create buildings and streets out of stone, and clear lands of forest to do so, but they would never release toxins into the wild, for example. The society is also closely tied into religion. The Jinkou worships the goddess Fareem. People that do not are allowed to live in peace, oficially, but not many like them, or even tolerate them.

--------------------------------------------------------
Government : The republic is ruled by a council consisting of nine councilors, each one of them important in a certain part of society; military, farming and religion are a few. A councilor has no power of his own, all rulings must be decided through consensus. A councilor is only allowed to remain at his or her post if the people think they should.

------------------------------------------------------
Trading Relations: Trading in the way we know it is not needed. A Jinkou cannot feel any type of greed.
Population: 5 billion

-----------------------------------------------------
Military : Despite their slight lack of technology in certain areas, the Jinkou military is the strongest on the planet, even stronger than the technologically advanced Vammar. Jinkou snipers are unmatched on the battlefield. They are also expert infiltrators, despite being around 280cm high. But the absolute elite are the Guardians, the holy warriors of the church. Guardians always use an Aom, a long metal staff with 70cm long crystal blades on each side. A Guardian always cover their whole body in silver armor with a red gemstone on the helmet. Even the long tail is covered in armor.
---------------------------------------------------
Defense : Although they have no space-travel invented, global defense satellites have been deployed in the atmosphere, capable of emitting EMP pulses and ion beams. No aliens have made contact, but the Jinkou are convinced they're not alone in the galaxy.

Technology : The Jinkou uses weapons that fire a special kind of red crystals that they can create themselves. The crystals are razor sharp and harder than diamond, and they react in an interesting way to different things. For example, they get poisonous if covered in rock salt. For close quarters, they use a special kind of blade called Qwichmantso or "Qwi", meaning "large fang". A qwichmantso is traditionally 50cm long and made of the same kind of crystal. The Jinkou also wear a kind of armor made by an advanced technology that they have managed to create without harming nature.
Space Travel: None yet
---------------------------------------------------------------
Back Story : Two thousand years ago, the continent of Mirana was in chaos. War was everywhere. Everyone pretty much invaded everyone, while civil wars raged the land at the same time. But then the Goddess sent down her lone warrior: Jamee Cahami, the first Guardian. Jamee started clearing the land of corruption and evil, no matter the race; Jinkou, Vammar, Tio'ca, all wicked fell. He then taught the Jinkou, the chosen people of Fareem, the words of the Faith. After his death, Jamee was buried under the first church of Fareem, and his golden armor is held at the mountain of Shausii, where he made he supposedly defeated a whole army single-handedly, to which all faithful must make a pilgrimage at least once in their life . That is the Jinkou's history, at least as they tell it, but many details have gone lost in time.

Alliances: The Jinkou hold a strong alliance with the Tio'cal, who share their love for nature, and also have embraced the belief in the goddess of Fareem.

Trading Agreement: None needed, at least not on the Jinkou's side. But they are the only race on the planet that's not materialistic.
Lol, nope :3

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 11:17:32 PM »
Ooh I want in! Seems fun!

Welcome in Kitteh have fun :)

if you have any questions, check out the FAQ on post 2, or feel free to Inbox me, or post in the thread, we will be happy to help :)
since we aren't that far yet (and no one really has any special technology we need at the moment(like Interstellar Travel) there will be no need to balance out your nation.

Have fun :)

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 11:55:32 PM »
Three ships arrive at Gotha and are being prepped for the the operation.  The military is going to send 2 platoons of fresh recruits to accompany the survey teams so they can do dropship training.
Spaceship readiness: 60%
Surveying Equipment: 25%
Surveyor readiness: 20%
Military readiness: 75%
Operation Progress: 0%

Work continues on the FTL drive.
Prototype Ship designs: 71%
Dark Matter power plant: 49%

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 11:59:38 PM »
The protectorate is preparing to upgrade their fleet of battlecruisers. Upgrades will be researched then implemented at a later date.

Advanced Shielding- 100%
Main Guns- 100%
Reinforced Armour- 100%
Better Engines- 80%

Scout ships have encountered a planet from before the Protectorate was established, missionaries are being sent to investigate and convert.

Travel Time- 0%
Conversion Process- 0%
...scum.

Offline Kitteh face5

• Halp
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 02:48:55 PM »
The Jinkou Republic have started a campaign to recruit young men and women to join the holy ranks of the Guardians. Hundreds of thousands of willing is sure to enter training, but only a few dozen are expected to succeed.

Recruitment: 0%
Training: 0%

Also, the Jinkou are together with the Tio'cal preparing to finally bring possibilities of space travel to the world of Ji'an. Scientists are working relentlessly to come up with an effective way to get a working FTL drive without harming the planet. The task is not easy, but destroying nature is not an option.

Research: 0%
FTL drive constuction: 0%
Ship construction: 0%

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 03:48:33 PM »
Disaster has struck: a fire broke out on the colony on B-15 and the yet unnamed material they had found was apparently extremely explosive, and seemed to build up the whole core. The resulting explosion killed all of the 124.000 colonists that had traveled there and completely obliterated the asteroid. With this enormous tragedy added to the people wanting Sapoxca banned have resulted in the people getting violent in the demonstrations. 32 arrests where made an hour after the word of B-15 reached Cusorea. 166 after 6 hours. Civil unrest: 52%

But not only bad news reach the media. The heroic marines of the CCCMC have eradicated the native savages from the face of Cargeffi and a colony have already been established, but the population so far is only a few hundred miners that followed the marines.

Colonization progress: Complete

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »
i will just leave this here:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Empire Name

United Elfried Regions (UER)
Leader :

every 2 years a president is choosen
Territory :
Elfried system,

1 habitable planet (planet of Elfied-homeworld)
1 habitable moon (moon of Elfied-colony)
2 gas giants (orbital gas farming and reasearch stations present)
3 uninhabitable planets (1 of them is in the first stage of terraforming)
1 Asteriod belt (heavy radioactive emission located, not yet able to study closely)

Race:

human
Economy :

stable
Society :

peacefull, if riots or wars begin the UER reacts hard
Government :

democratic
Trading Relations:

good in own system
Population:

34 billion
Military :

strong, many shock troopers and ships (numbers unknown to public)
every person has to serve 4 years in millitary service
Defense :

millitary space-stations orbiting all planets
Technology :
Space Travel: Limited to Own System

basic understeading of terraforming and good solar powers harvesting plants

Back Story (Optional):
once a colony of earth but lost contact after 2 years, the colony was not self sufficient and almost exstinced.
the few humans left where forced to leave behind their Technology and grow their own food.
it took 3000 years of growing until is was able to send their first probes out in space.
many people belive that the radioactive source in the asteroid belt may contain some pre-extiction tech and data

Alliances: no other races know

Trading Agreement:  no other races know
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:11:35 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
the UER ordered to give Research on working probes in the radioactive area higest priority
working probes:
2%

also the terraformers on Elfried 3 have made progress in pumping toxic gases out of the atmosphere
Terraforming E3:
12%
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:34:25 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 06:23:40 PM »
i will just leave this here:

welcome in, Have fun, Play Fair, YadaYadaYada *insert useless speech here* :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Newsletter:
FTL Drives, and Technology continue as you have planned, But just remember, until I give the signal that you can start venturing out into other systems, just work on Improving it, as well as sending small research teams out to inhabitable systems.

I'm planning on completely lifting the Rules on Interstellar Flight by either Saturday, or Sunday depending on how far along everyones nations are.  After that We will continue as we have been, expanding until we find eachother... Though a little note, Try to expand at a reasonable rate... what I mean by reasonable is anything but

"We have Colonized This world"
"We Have Colonized 10 More Worlds"
"We now encompase half the galaxy"

Have it take time to colonize your first out of system worlds, that time, will depend on you, though I just don't want everyone just being able to go out there and going Mine Mine Mine Mine and Mine and end up taking an unfair amount of planets before everyone gets their first few
something to keep in mind is, at first your Out of system colonization is slow because you have to send workers from your system and such to colonize it, terraform it, or however your going colonization (Terraforming should take longer by nature though) As time goes on and you get more and more worlds you will be able to send workers from several systems instead of one, therefore decreasing the time it takes to colonize a planet/system.

... anyways, after I lift the Embargo on FTL in the coming days, the next embargo will be Unregulated, which will be the Eventual finding of other civilizations, and whatever, and however you want to handle that.
There are no rules on how you meet your first contact, You want to meet Politically, Go ahead, Aggressively, Go ahead, Peacefully, Go ahead, Scientifically, Go ahead. (personally, I'm going to be meeting my first civilization Scientifically Peaceful Political, however they chose to handle that is up to them, And if they go aggressive I would have to react to that accordingly, through whatever means I find right for my nation.)

I have made this game keeping in mind with minimal rules, or if there are, consider them as "requirements that need to be fulfilled" before I open the next area. they are easily bendable, breakable, and they end up being lifted sooner or later anyways. Not to mention, that they are only in place to control the pace of the game.
an example is, were progressing too fast, so I open a Galactic Threat card, or give you some optional sets of goals that have a high risk/reward.

So continue as we have been. I'll try to give General Empires of the Zorah updates every few days to let you guys know of any changes, Updates, additions to the FAQ, as well as our progress in goals, or track keeping in Galactic Threat Cards.  Think of this section as a newsletter of sorts :P

That is the end of the Newsletter, Continue as you were :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:18:16 PM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »
Alrighty, then. And btw...

As the people across the Confederacy get more and more upset over the situation, the Gu'ush have ordered Sapoxca to be banned on all colonies and worlds. It does not take away the sorrow from the B-15 incident, but it will help the people calm down. Since there is no longer any reason for the people to protest, civil unrest has dropped to 20%.

The latest report from around the Confederacy have dropped on the desk of the Gu'ush. A lot of interesting things have happened the past week (a Cusorean week consists of 6 days, which is about the same time-span as 9 Earth days). Cargeffi has been found to be far too hot for a croiz to feel comfortable. A terraformation tower is to be deployed at the equator, from which it will drain the heat out of the air and modify the atmosphere to let in less heat from the sun. This project is estimated to take 2,4 Earth years.

Also, the reports from the CONI (Crescanian Office of Naval Intelligence) research teams bring pleasing results. Great progress is made in the chase for decent navigation instruments to guide through the Roxamacabaido nebula. A prototype may be created in a matter of months instead of years. Speaking of the nebula, a distant satellite, long believed to have been lost and destroyed, have reached the other end of the nebula and is showing interesting readings. Electromagnetic readings, of which kind is known to be emitted from spaceships. This shows that another galactic civilization may lie just beyond the nebula. And to put it simple, its driving the scientists nuts.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:06:20 PM by Tobbs »

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 08:18:44 PM »
massive thunderstoms are forming around Elfried-c1 (colony)
all 2 billion inhabitants are ordered not to leave houses and wait for futher instruction

the last thunderstorm season on Eflried-c1 took the lives of 283 people

unrest: 6%
Boo!

Offline PMorgan18

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »
All of the ships are finally prepped the launch and are only waiting on remainder of the surveyors to arrive from Erfurt.
Spaceship readiness: 100%
Surveying Equipment: 95%
Surveyor readiness: 73%
Military readiness: 100%

Prototype Ship designs: 79%
Dark Matter power plant: 57%

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
This shows that another galactic civilization may lie just beyond the nebula. And to put it simple, its driving the scientists nuts.
oh, Nifty touch on the ending there, setting yourself up for a Civ encounter, Nice touch. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rin Empire Status Update
\- Genome Research - Complete
\- Ruins of Space Faring Species - Complete

Scientists have finished research on the Genome Projects, because of this, we have reached the fruits of our labor, We have successfully created several fetus's, Both Male and Female, We have created enough to produce a viable population of both of the species. To Top this off, We have added a stand of our DNA into the Creatures, this strand in theory should allow the Species to be able to breed with ours, as well as experience similar Birthing time as ours. Digital Recreation of the bones show that the species hardly looked any different from our Humans, and because of this, Relocation of the species into our Lives should prove Seamless. We have accelerated growth of these fetus's to be created faster so we can reach the fruits of our labor faster, Though the further offspring of these guys will be developed at normal human rate.
We have done it, We have successfully brought, Not one, But two species back from the dead.

We have finished Excavation of the Far Colony World of Hymm, we had sent extra scientists to the planet in hopes of finding out more and/or extracting any information from this species from left over data banks.
It is interesting as there are almost no signs from the civilization left, Not even any bones. The planet is effectively Wiped clean of all life except for the Indigenous animals.
What Built these Ruins, Where did they go, How come there is no trace of them left... those are the questions that have been plaguing our scientists for the past while

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »
The upgrades of the fleet are being implemented and the conversion of the lost humans is underway. Missionaries on the new plant, dubbed Caliban, found that the inhabitants are actually lost slaves from the war of freedom There has been little resistance to the assimilation, just the odd rebellion, which the Paladins ahve crushed mercilessly.

In ad odd turn of events, Naval recon ships have found a satellite enter their system through a nebula long thought impenetrable. Its marking and signals are alien. The navy is continuing to study this device and what its sending. More importantly, they want to find out who its sending to. 
...scum.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 11:49:08 PM »
The first few Fetus's are reaching Birthing Stages, because of this, We have begun slowly taking the Alien Children out of the Artificial Womb. as we continue to Birth the Aliens into the land of the living, we will Make adjustments as needed. On top of this We have begun placing the Unatro patches onto the birthed Baby's. in about an hour, the patch should have soaked into the blood stream leaving a permanent "mark" as well as altering the Empty DNA Genome imbuing the person with Magical Abilities.

Once all the children are born, we will begin teaching them our Civilizations ways, and begin Integration to Normal life across the Civilizations System Worlds such as Tyril, as well as the Planet each of their species was originally found on.
By tomorrow, we they should all be Birthed, and had the Unatro Patches placed on them.

---------------------------------------------
Excavations of the far Habitable planet of Hymm
Still No bodies yet to be found, Though we have found several Interesting artifacts lying around the empty streets, Artifacts such as Hover Cars -A concept once thought to be impossible using conventional methods-, Advanced Computing parts,  as well as medical equipment.  The Items have been shipped back to the Homeworld of Tyril so they can be Dissected to figure out how they work so they can be Mass Produced and put into our every day objects.

Offline Kitteh face5

• Halp
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 08:02:10 AM »
The Jinkou Republic have started a campaign to recruit young men and women to join the holy ranks of the Guardians. Hundreds of thousands of willing is sure to enter training, but only a few dozen are expected to succeed.

Recruitment: 29%
Training: 0%

Also, the Jinkou are together with the Tio'cal preparing to finally bring possibilities of space travel to the world of Ji'an. Scientists are working relentlessly to come up with an effective way to get a working FTL drive without harming the planet. The task is not easy, but destroying nature is not an option.

Research: 11%
FTL drive constuction: 0%
Ship construction: 27%

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 01:21:53 PM »
muliple oxygen farms have been founded on E3
Terraforming E3:
14%

the thunderstorms on Elfied C1 have stoped without significant numbers of lives lost.

unrest:2%

we made progress in making elecktronics that can withstand the high doses of radiation, and have begun building probes
working probes: 46%
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:25:29 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline PMorgan18

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 08:48:43 PM »
The ships are finally finish prepping and leave Gotha making their way to Rostock.
Spaceship readiness: 100%
Surveying Equipment: 100%
Surveyor readiness: 100%
Military readiness: 100%

Prototype Ship designs: 84%
Dark Matter power plant: 67%

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2011, 07:10:08 AM »
All of the aliens have birth and reintegrated into our society... This are working well, they all have their Unatros and are currently able to controll their magic into small bursts... Though they still don't have it powerful enough to knock over a glass of water, let aloe move the water inside of it.  They are currently being trained as any regular human. And most of them are inside of normal schools. They are perfectly integrating with other humans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the planet if Hymm. Researches have found an underground facility. Currently the doors ae locked and they are working on breaking through all of the locks. They are sure that this was the big thing They are looking for. All of the time spent on this planet, this will make it time well spent.

They are hopping this will propel the civilizations technology greatly.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
The news of the satellite's discovery spreads like fire through the media, and its now about the only thing people talk about. Sadly, the satellite was badly damaged and only sends incomplete readings, thus making it impossible to get any decent information out of it. But one thing is clear: there is something on the other side of that nebula, and the Confederacy is determined to reach it. What if its a new civilization? Will it be another empire to conquer? Or a powerful ally? Or maybe even the end of the Crescanian Confederacy? Whatever it might be, it has made the Gu'ush boost CONI's navigation research by 6 billion Aak (to make it simple, an aak is as much worth as a dollar)

Navigational research: 1%

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:02 PM »
the high-tech probes are being prepared for launch
94%

terraforming E3 has stopped after a small asteroid rain that distroyed the roofs of almost all the oxygen farms, everyone was warned on time and has found safe shelter
terraforming E3: 15%

Boo!

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2011, 08:14:06 PM »
**is finally back**
We have Broken through most of the doors in the complex, We should be past the last one by tomorrow night. our senses are going wild, This will be a huge discovery.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
----------News Letter-----------

The restrictions on FTL has been lifted... you are now free to finish research on it, as well as travel to other systems, and attempt to colonize them  (try to be realistic though)