Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Into Darkness.  (Read 84170 times)

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: The Edge of Darkness.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »
"Contacts are good, gives us a place to hide if things turn south," said Drake to Siegfried. He watch the techpriest seemingly make a pass at a sorritas.

Good luck with that one buddy.

"If things turn south with the covert mission, thats where I come in."
...scum.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
"Indeed, but can Ask that you stop being beautiful, its quite distracting....." Geralt said, and then flinched,"...erm....don't hit me its a compliment!"

Geralt put his hands up in surrender to the tall woman.
Cortranna raises an eyebrow in a sort of bewildered facial expression but doesn't otherwise pull her Laspistol on Geralt.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »
Cortranna raises an eyebrow in a sort of bewildered facial expression but doesn't otherwise pull her Laspistol on Geralt.
Geralt let out a sigh, "Well group it seems we should head out, I think the first thing we should do is a bit of shopping."

He looked to the group, he also knew he had dodged a bullet or should he say laser,"Welp I will be on the elevator."

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 11:46:02 PM »
What an odd Techpriest...

She then moved into the elevator along with him, intending to go to the markets to buy some extra supplies.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »
The Tech-Priest walked among the markets, intending to find some supplies for his craft, Scrimshaving.

"I didn't realize my Group would be comprised of servitors lacking and vocal manipulation..." Geralt said to himself mostly.

"Now to find some tools, and a some ammo won't hurt." He said as he went to go buy 3 packs of Las pistol charge packs, and some scrimshaw equipment. He also looked for some scrolls or tomes of machine rights, so he could further his craft and get into working with metal.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 07:17:47 PM »
The markets of the government district are open, and bustling with activity. People of all walks of life, except for the lowliest filth of the underhives, make their way here between the stores and masses of stalls and traders under the shadow of the tall black tower known as Bastion Porphyr; the headquarters of the Astra telepathica here on Scintilla.

The noise of the markets; the trampling of feet and chatter of merchant and noble alike is sometimes broken by a deafening roar from an air-craft or ship moving in and out of the nearby space-port. Beyond it the Tricorn's dark and austere towers stand in a triangle, looming over the hive, and watching over the sea by the northern edge of the massive city.

Geralt.

You make your way through the masses of people in search for tools and materials for your trade, and you end up in the eastern parts of the market, close to one of the space-ports. There you find a merchant; a tiny woman in her thirties who peddle her stock of tools and other technical equipment, and materials in bulk-amounts. "You're one of them mechanicus, aren't you? Anything interest you?" She asks, gesturing to her goods with a cybernetic arm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler for Geralt:
To answer your question regarding pricing:
Commonplace materials are dirt cheap, depending on the material and the quantity. It should cost no more than 10 thrones for a respectable amount (unless you have specific and expensive materials in mind, obviously).
As for tools they'll likely cost approximately 10 thrones too; assuming they are of average quality.

Spoiler for Everyone:
Welcome to the upper-hive markets. Feel free to describe your character's business as you see fit.

“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
The markets of the government district are open, and bustling with activity. People of all walks of life, except for the lowliest filth of the underhives, make their way here between the stores and masses of stalls and traders under the shadow of the tall black tower known as Bastion Porphyr; the headquarters of the Astra telepathica here on Scintilla.

The noise of the markets; the trampling of feet and chatter of merchant and noble alike is sometimes broken by a deafening roar from an air-craft or ship moving in and out of the nearby space-port. Beyond it the Tricorn's dark and austere towers stand in a triangle, looming over the hive, and watching over the sea by the northern edge of the massive city.

Geralt.

You make your way through the masses of people in search for tools and materials for your trade, and you end up in the eastern parts of the market, close to one of the space-ports. There you find a merchant; a tiny woman in her thirties who peddle her stock of tools and other technical equipment, and materials in bulk-amounts. "You're one of them mechanicus, aren't you? Anything interest you?" She asks, gesturing to her goods with a cybernetic arm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler for Geralt:
To answer your question regarding pricing:
Commonplace materials are dirt cheap, depending on the material and the quantity. It should cost no more than 10 thrones for a respectable amount (unless you have specific and expensive materials in mind, obviously).
As for tools they'll likely cost approximately 10 thrones too; assuming they are of average quality.

Spoiler for Everyone:
Welcome to the upper-hive markets. Feel free to describe your character's business as you see fit.
"Cybernetics eh?,"He said Gesturing to her arm," Yeah I will take some ScrimShaving tools, just some carving implements and the sort, I will also take a box of Pewter blocks, the rectangular one's good for carving, and maybe a box of Steel coin stamps....oh and a bundle of Wiring."

Geralt leaned a bit against the stall, taking off his rebreather and giving a smile," So how long you been in the business? Here near the ShipYards?"

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 07:56:31 PM »
"Cybernetics eh?,"He said Gesturing to her arm," Yeah I will take some ScrimShaving tools, just some carving implements and the sort, I will also take a box of Pewter blocks, the rectangular one's good for carving, and maybe a box of Steel coin stamps....oh and a bundle of Wiring."

Geralt leaned a bit against the stall, taking off his rebreather and giving a smile," So how long you been in the business? Here near the ShipYards?"

The woman looks down at her arm briefly. "Oh, yea'. Broke my hand real bad so I had to replace it." She states simply and shrug; moving to gather the things you ordered on the plasteel counter. "Cost me quite a bit, an' is not the best, but it's better than not having half a arm, no? That'd be 12 thrones" She says and places the last of the Wiring next to a box of pewter blocks.

"Regardin' that other question of yours, well, since 'bout five years ago when I got permit to work up here. I lived in a district downhive before, see." She says and move a strand of red hair out of her face.
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »
After buying his essentials (What Godur previously mentioned), Siegfried went to a nearby weapons merchant. The man in charge of the store came up to him, seemingly excited at having a customer.

"Hello sir! What can I-"

The man suddenly stopped, looking at Siegfried's silver hair and crimson eyes with realization, "Ah! An Einzbern!...Siegfried, I'm assuming?" The man asked with a hint of nervousness

"You're correct." Siegfried said with a smile

"Erm, I hope this isn't about the whole 'crippling debt' thing. Because I swear, I'll pay you guys back next-!"

"No, no. I'm not here about that; just looking to buy something from your shop." Siegfried said, to which the man sighed in relief

"Of course of course! Any Einzbern is welcome to purchase from my store!" The man replied

"Erm, sorry for taking advantage of the situation, but do you mind if I clear your debt instead of paying? I kinda need my Thrones, and you've got something that I really need." Siegfried said

The man widened his eyes in shock, "You'd clear my entire debt, just for the price of a few items?!" He asked

"Well...yeah." Siegfried replied

"Thank you! You can have anything you like!" The man replied with a smile

Siegfried immediately took what looked like an old Chainsword off a rack, and presented it to the man. "I'll just take this then."

"That? It's just an old Chainsword, I don't even think it still works. You could probably get a techie to fix it, but are you sure that's all you want?" The man asked

"Yeah, it's all I want. I've taken enough advantage of the situation, and I really don't need anything else." Siegfried replied

"Well, alright; if that's all you want. Thanks again for clearing my debt, have a nice day!" The man said, before Siegfried replied with "You're welcome, you too!" and left with the chainsword in his hands
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
The woman looks down at her arm briefly. "Oh, yea'. Broke my hand real bad so I had to replace it." She states simply and shrug; moving to gather the things you ordered on the plasteel counter. "Cost me quite a bit, an' is not the best, but it's better than not having half a arm, no? That'd be 12 thrones" She says and places the last of the Wiring next to a box of pewter blocks.

"Regardin' that other question of yours, well, since 'bout five years ago when I got permit to work up here. I lived in a district downhive before, see." She says and move a strand of red hair out of her face.
Geralt handed over the Thrones, 12 in total. The Pewter, a soft metal, would be good for crafting statues, and other objects he could sell for more than their worth.

"Ah, must have been tough down in the hives, I wish I knew more bout cybernetics, could tune up that arm of yours, and maybe even do some more aesthetic things with it if you pleased." Geralt gave his smile, trying to work his charm, something he exercised a lot in his youth, but his joining the mechanicus had hopefully not made it to rusty.

"You got a name, ma'am, I am Geralt, a representative of the Omnisiah."  He brushed his reddish blonde hair back a bit.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 09:53:29 PM »
Siegfried

The weapon is heavy in your hands, but handles well, however at its current state you doubt it would serve as much more than a club. The outside of the weapon is covered in scratches and markings from previous combat, and the chain is missing from the blade. The small box placed just above the handle also seem to be damaged; a small hole having bored straight through it.

The rest of the weapon seem sturdy in its design however, with its red and steel coloured construction, and some passers-by give you impressed looks at the sight of it. On the blade is painted an image depicting a hand, with a drop-shaped image beneath it. Might be some kind of heraldic mark.

Geralt

"Yea'. Coscarla's seen better days alright. My pop's still there, an' I send him some thrones occassionally, least I can do right?" The woman says, before shaking her head briefly. "But that's not your problem" She adds with a small smile. "'Oh, an' I'm Izza, pleased to meet ya." Izza hold forth her hand to shake yours. "I thought all you techie types were savvy with the cybernetics though."

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »
Geralt

"Yea'. Coscarla's seen better days alright. My pop's still there, an' I send him some thrones occassionally, least I can do right?" The woman says, before shaking her head briefly. "But that's not your problem" She adds with a small smile. "'Oh, an' I'm Izza, pleased to meet ya." Izza hold forth her hand to shake yours. "I thought all you techie types were savvy with the cybernetics though."

"I do know about them, Izza, its just I am not fully trained in the rituals of Maintenance, I wouldn't want to anger or damage the Machine spirit." He laughed a bit and shook her hand.

"If you wanted I could always take a look." Geralt winked, but then said," Speaking of Coscarla; Do you know anything going on there besides the usual?"

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 04:20:08 AM »
Cortranna walks through the bustling market until she finds a weapons dealer that seems to deal in quite an assortment of differemtn weanpons.

She walks into the store intending to buy chargepacks and grenades. She'd probably need to find another store for first aid kits and food rations.
Toaster

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »
Drake left quietly for the markets, he was looking for some microbeads, a scope for his weapon and some ammunition. he entered a hunting shop.

"I'm looking for some ammunition for this," he produced his hunting rifle, "and a nice scope for it."
...scum.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »
Geralt

Izza tilt her head at you; looking as if she considers something for a moment before shrugging. "Sure, why not" she says and place her cybernetic hand on the counter, palm up. "'Bout coscarla... eh, nothing "usual" about the place really, just a district down on its luck, what with the fires and stuff... Well, my pop told me somethin' ,in his last message, 'bout disappearances that have been happening lately down there."

Cortranna

You enter a shop that seem to conist of only a tiny room; half of it walled off with metal bars and a counter, behind which a scarred, bald, man is standing. As he spots you he immediately put out the lho-stick he held between his fingers and make a half-hearted attempt at dissipating the smoke with his hand. "'lo there lady! Welcome to my shop. Anything catch your eye?" He asks, gesturing to the many weapons that are hung on the wall behind him.

You notice that his charge packs come cheaply for 10 thrones for the pistol variety and 20 thrones for the lasgun and las-carbine variety. He also has two heavy chargepacks for sale; each costing 30 thrones. Additionally you spot a box of frag grenades for sale; 15 thrones a piece or 150 for the entire box.

Drake

You find a store near the southeastern edge of the markets called "Wilderness of Scintilla"; that seem rather empty of other customers save for a young lady, and her bodyguard, who are browsing the various weapons hanging on the right-side wall.

Behind the corner stand a servitor drone, who examines your rifle briefly before speking in a monotone, synthesized, voice. "Synford manufactured, Mk3 Stinger hunting rifle. Yes sir, we have bullets of the right caliber available at 1 Throne Gelt per clip. Also, I am authorized to sell a Synford telescopic sight for 40 thrones. Unfortnuately I cannot offer laser sights; they are out of stock."

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:29:04 AM by Godur »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
"Hmmmmm...indeed. I'll take two pistol chargepacks and two frag grenades." Said Cortranna to the vendor while perusing the weapons on display, trying to see what Las weaponry was available and its prices.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »
Geralt

Izza tilt her head at you; looking as if she considers something for a moment before shrugging. "Sure, why not" she says and place her cybernetic hand on the counter, palm up. "'Bout coscarla... eh, nothing "usual" about the place really, just a district down on its luck, what with the fires and stuff... Well, my pop told me somethin' ,in his last message, 'bout disappearances that have been happening lately down there."

"Sounds serious, people disappearing, its a good thing you are up here if that is the case." Geralt began looking at the hand, delicately observing it.

He named the parts and plucked at a few wires, causing fingers on the hand to curl as he did so. He knew a lot about tech, but sadly did not have the ability to do anything at the moment with out tools, but he decided to be cheeky as he could still do something unexpected, he decided to do so.

"Well it seems all in shape, and the Machine spirit, is quite happy with its owner." Geralt then prodded a part causing a tickling sensation to go through Izza's arm.

Even though Geralt was enjoying him self with his antics, he knew he had work to do, but he would enjoy this for the time being, he still needed to grab some ammo.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 03:47:31 PM »
Siegfried looked through the various repairshops in the area, hoping to find parts for his broken chainsword; but most of the repairmen he met had never even seen a chainsword before, let alone have the knowledge to repair it.

He went into yet another shop, praying that this man would know what was needed.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:11:46 PM by Ragez »
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 03:12:59 AM »
Cortranna

The shopkeeper nods approvingly. "A lady who knows what she wants. I like tha'!" He says with a short chuckle and places the charge packs and grenades on the flat surface infront of you. "That would be...uh..." he looks over his shoulder to double-check his pricing. "40 Thrones all in all. Unless there was somethin' more?"

On the wall behind the man you spot four las pistols, all in common quality for 50 thrones each, two las carbines for 75 and 80 thrones respectively. Lastly there is also a much longer las weapon hanging above them all, equipped with a long barrel and a telescopic sight. This weapon is not labelled with a pricetag.

Geralt

"Yea'. I hope my pop will find a way out of there..." Izza says absentmindedly as she watch you tinker with her hand. "Is it supposed to do tha'?" She asks, at pointing at her curling fingers with the free hand. Her arm twitches a little with the tingling sensation, and she let out a chuckle. "Machine spirit is quite pleased with me, eh? I'll take tha' as a compliment!" She says with a smile.

"But eh... heh. Customer's piling up behind you, I have to go back to work"

Siegfried.

The shop you enter is small, and filled to the brink with all all manner of junk and the odd technical apparatus. By a table int he middle of the room sit an old man; on the right side of his head a crude and ugly cybernetic eye has replaced his own. He is wearing old and tattered red robes. "What have you there, young man?" he asks, leaning forward to examine the chainsword in your hands. "That weapon there is in pretty bad shape, isn't it? hehe. Repair it....Well, that'll be difficult. But I have some, uh, friends in the mechanicus templum. hehe. I can fix it for you. But I'll need to hold on to it for at least a week"

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 03:32:14 AM »
She looks up to the las weapon without a price tag and runs her eyes over it.

"I assume that weapon up there is not for sale? Or is it very, very expensive?"
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 03:44:13 AM »

Geralt

"Yea'. I hope my pop will find a way out of there..." Izza says absentmindedly as she watch you tinker with her hand. "Is it supposed to do tha'?" She asks, at pointing at her curling fingers with the free hand. Her arm twitches a little with the tingling sensation, and she let out a chuckle. "Machine spirit is quite pleased with me, eh? I'll take tha' as a compliment!" She says with a smile.

"But eh... heh. Customer's piling up behind you, I have to go back to work"

"Well damn thought I had you all to myself, Omnissiah Guide you!" Geralt gave a Wink and left, heading to a weapons shop to see if he could pick up some more tools, and ammo possibly.

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »
Zarkov walked the alleyways looking for a weapons shop or somewhere he could get ammo at least.  Everywhere he went he received looks, curses, and people avoiding him.

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »
Siegfried.

The shop you enter is small, and filled to the brink with all all manner of junk and the odd technical apparatus. By a table int he middle of the room sit an old man; on the right side of his head a crude and ugly cybernetic eye has replaced his own. He is wearing old and tattered red robes. "What have you there, young man?" he asks, leaning forward to examine the chainsword in your hands. "That weapon there is in pretty bad shape, isn't it? hehe. Repair it....Well, that'll be difficult. But I have some, uh, friends in the mechanicus templum. hehe. I can fix it for you. But I'll need to hold on to it for at least a week"
Siegfried, trusting as ever, handed the chainsword over to the man with a smile. "Thanks! How much will that be?" He asked

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 01:34:35 PM »
Drake

You find a store near the southeastern edge of the markets called "Wilderness of Scintilla"; that seem rather empty of other customers save for a young lady, and her bodyguard, who are browsing the various weapons hanging on the right-side wall.

Behind the corner stand a servitor drone, who examines your rifle briefly before speking in a monotone, synthesized, voice. "Synford manufactured, Mk3 Stinger hunting rifle. Yes sir, we have bullets of the right caliber available at 1 Throne Gelt per clip. Also, I am authorized to sell a Synford telescopic sight for 40 thrones. Unfortnuately I cannot offer laser sights; they are out of stock."

"I'll take six clips, and the scope," said Drake. he looked at the woman and her bodyguard, obviously someone important.

"You looking for something in particular ma'am?" asked Drake, being careful to act non threateningly around the bodyguard.
...scum.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
Cortranna.

"Eh?" The man says as he looks over his shoulder at the weapon. "Oh that. No, it's for sale... pricetag must've fallen off." He shrugs and turn back to you. "Bastion Forge Pattern Long-las rifle, yeah... High quality stuff, imported from Ryboth. Its yours for three hundred thrones. Chargepack an' scope included"

Geralt

"Thanks. Come back any time!" Izza says just as you leave. You step outside the small shop and back into the busy markets, and begin your search for a weapon store; finding one only within minutes of looking past the myriad of people. 

The store you enter is large, surprisingly large, and there are numerous people here already. The store is manned by several servitors who stand behind counters, or patrolling the floor to help the potential customers. Behind the counters you also spot whom you assume are the owners; an older man with gray beard and hair, and dressed in a brown robe, and a much younger, pretty, girl with short hair dyed blue. The latter of the two owners seem incredibly bored; sitting on a crate.

Zarkov

You enter a larger store filled with various weapons and equipment placed on shelves and hung on the walls.  Among the many customers you spot Geralt, who by the looks of tings must have entered just ahead of you. You are approached by one of the many servitor drones who lumber around, this one bald with the left eyes entirely replaced by a crudely fixed cybernetic one, and wearing tattered red robes. "Welcome Sir. How may I assist you?" The servitor produces through the vox-synthesizer which has replaced most of its neck and lower jaw.

Siegfried.

The man scratches the back of his head while he ponders your question. "Eh... hard to say. Depends on what parts I can get my hands on" He says "A hundered I reckon, hehe. Don't have to pay everythin' in advance though. Uh, Say half?"

Drake.

"Very good Sir. That will be 46 throne gelts" The servitor shopkeeper says and rummages around behind the counter briefly; placing six clips of high caliver bullets and a telescopic sight.

The young lady turn to face you, looking you up and down with intensively blue eyes. Her bodygaurd make a threatening move, but is called off with a simple gesture from the lady. "No, nothing specific. I'm simply browsing. Though the las weapons interest me." She speaks softly and gesture to the lasguns hanging on the wall. "Who might you be?"