Author Topic: Law is not Justice.  (Read 24052 times)

Offline Godur

• View Profile
Law is not Justice.
« on: May 05, 2013, 05:58:54 PM »
The rain was smattering heavily against the pavements, it had for days; a perpetual wall of water which one, at times,  could mistake for being almost solid. Obscuring all vision it's hard to make out anything through the rain; the old dilaptidated buildings surrounding, that crack in the road that's been in need of maintenance for years, and of course the people who are hurrying home from their late-night shifts, and the single solitary car  that every once in a while zoom past down the street.

The Last Round bar is just as dilapidated as the rest of the neighbourhood, though the owner, one Mr. Chambers -- ex-police, or so you've been told -- make a good show of hiding the fact, and still a few patrons occassionally show up here to drown their sorrows in cheap beer and spirits.  Tonight, like any other night, the room is quiet save for the occasional murmur or grunt from the people gathered, and the sound of clattering coin when one of them toss money, he shouldn't be spending, on the wooden counter.

You find yourselves gathered in this gloomy place on Chambers's request, all of you just inside the door, having been told that he has news and information that may be of interest. It is here, in this one room that make the entrance of this small bar that you make your acquaintance for the first time.
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: Law is not Justice.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
John Hunt looked around, a scowl on his face, and said "What's all this then? Has Chamber's asked to speak to you lot too?"
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:43:28 AM »
Alan remained Taciturn for the moment, he had decided not to wear his armor as of yet, but he had no reason to. Something inside him though made him think he may just have reason to use his guise once more.

Why else would an Ex-Cop want him here, though the fact no one knew his alter ego made him think that most likely only his services were needed. He was a skilled mechanic, mostly from his genius in Engineering. So he was now unsure as to what was expected of him here.
John Hunt looked around, a scowl on his face, and said "What's all this then? Has Chamber's asked to speak to you lot too?"
He merely nodded for now, still entranced in his own thoughts.  He had gone another tangent into thinking of new types of War Machines and ow he could design them in a functioning form.

Offline ChellieRawr

• The Garbage Queen sits on her rightful throne
    • xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 04:17:34 AM »
Eponine sat in the end of the bar and took a small sip of absinthe while looking around the room, the men all looked quite interesting. She wore an emerald green dress and her hair was softly curled, making the faint tint lavender in her hair quite apparent. But otherwise her hair and skin where both very pale.

The owner's reasoning for her here was still a mystery to her, but she decided to remain cool and act as a fly on the wall for now.

"Bonsoir, mon vieux," she said in her breathy voice, her french accent was quite strong. "put a smile on that face, i don't think you want any more wrinkles." Eponine smiled and took another sip of her drink.
ಥ‿ಥ :heart:

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 06:44:04 AM »
Luca simply looked at the man for a few seconds before walking further into the bar, giving him no further attention. He was wearing his full combat gear, as he always was, with coat, vest, helmet and all, and with his sawn-off pump-action shotgun hidden within his trench coat, ready to be pulled out and used on a moments notice.

The man walked over to the counter and looked around, waiting for Chambers to appear.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 06:50:16 AM »
Eponine sat in the end of the bar and took a small sip of absinthe while looking around the room, the men all looked quite interesting. She wore an emerald green dress and her hair was softly curled, making the faint tint lavender in her hair quite apparent. But otherwise her hair and skin where both very pale.

The owner's reasoning for her here was still a mystery to her, but she decided to remain cool and act as a fly on the wall for now.

"Bonsoir, mon vieux," she said in her breathy voice, her french accent was quite strong. "put a smile on that face, i don't think you want any more wrinkles." Eponine smiled and took another sip of her drink.

"Great" said Hunt "A French plunk with a sense of a humour."

He looked at the others "And a lot of help you are" he said before moving to the bar and saying "Get me a large scotch."
I'm back people...

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 07:36:05 AM »
Jack Nutan silently sat at a table in the back of the bar. He watched everyone walk in and greet each other but for now he decided that his beer was more important, at least untill Mr Chambers arrived.
Boo!

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
Jasim looked down upon the drink in front of him, his eye twitching; this wasn't what he had ordered, he had ordered a simple lemon and mint drink.

This was gently-carressing beer; with a lemon slice on it's rim. He couldn't drink alcohol; was that gently-carressing barman making fun of him? Whatever Mr. Chambers had requested him here for, it'd better be goddamn important for him to put up with this excrement.

He looked to the left of him, not noticing Hunt's question due to his language impairment making detecting when people were indirectly speaking to him difficult, and saw Alan sitting next to him. He poked him on the shoulder, unsure of how he should've caught his attention, before speaking in his noticeable accent "Do you want this? I'm...intolerant of the alcohol." He asked, holding up the beer in his right hand
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »
He looked to the left of him, not noticing Hunt's question due to his language impairment making detecting when people were indirectly speaking to him difficult, and saw Alan sitting next to him. He poked him on the shoulder, unsure of how he should've caught his attention, before speaking in his noticeable accent "Do you want this? I'm...intolerant of the alcohol." He asked, holding up the beer in his right hand
"Err...I don't drink, unless its sunday." He said, a poorly executed joke about himself being Catholic. He was sure the Middle Eastern man wouldn't catch the joke anyways.

"Might as well dump it." He said he was currently drawing a blueprint of sorts on a napkin.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »
"Err...I don't drink, unless its sunday." He said, a poorly executed joke about himself being Catholic. He was sure the Middle Eastern man wouldn't catch the joke anyways.

"Might as well dump it." He said he was currently drawing a blueprint of sorts on a napkin.
Jasim raised an eyebrow, he was pretty sure that Sunday was the Christian day of worship; similar to Friday for Muslims. But he wasn't sure why that would matter; didn't the Christians always drink alcohol anyway?

"Oh...okay then." Jasim said, pushing away the drink; he definitely wasn't paying for it either way
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »
"Oh...okay then." Jasim said, pushing away the drink; he definitely wasn't paying for it either way
He simply nodded as he continued with drawing a Walking Tank design, before becoming dissatisfied with it and crumpling the napkin and tossing it.

"Wonder what the guy wants with me." He said mostly to himself, as he grabbed another napkin and began letting his imagination take over as he jotted down designs.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »
Wolfhart Bachmann was wearing his usual casual attire: a black trenchcoat and a black wide brim fedora, along with white shirts. His armor pieces were stashed inside a duffel bag he was carrying on his back.

He still had no idea why exactly he was here along with the others besides being told that he'd be interested in it.

He did want a drink, but he was undecided as to what he would order.

He simply nodded as he continued with drawing a Walking Tank design, before becoming dissatisfied with it and crumpling the napkin and tossing it.

"Wonder what the guy wants with me." He said mostly to himself, as he grabbed another napkin and began letting his imagination take over as he jotted down designs.
Wolfhart picked up the crumpled napkin to have a look at what one of the men sitting at the counter was drawing.

"Hm." said he, raising an eyebrow. He then crumpled the napkin again and tossed it in the bin.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:43:45 PM by mikethor007 »
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 10:48:52 PM »

He did want a drink, but he was undecided as to what he would order.
Wolfhart picked up the crumpled napkin to have a look at what one of the men sitting at the counter was drawing.

"Hm." said he, raising an eyebrow. He then crumpled the napkin again and tossed it in the bin.
Alan turned having noticed the action from his periphery.

He recognized the man, he had seen his face in an old newspaper. "Bachmann?" He said as a question and with a bit of awe to it as well.

"I read about you, and your Engine, a Wonderful piece of work, though the corporate sabotage is quite saddening." He seemed rather knowledgeable of the incident, though it was most likely from other second hand sources.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:25:21 PM by LordNecross »

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 10:51:56 PM »
Jasim raised an eyebrow, he was pretty sure that Sunday was the Christian day of worship; similar to Friday for Muslims. But he wasn't sure why that would matter; didn't the Christians always drink alcohol anyway?

"I'll take that my good man," said William, arriving at the bar. He picked up the beer and downed it, taking a seat.

"So I assume you've all been summoned here too?" he said to no one in particular.
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 11:05:09 PM »
Luca turned his gaze towards the group that had gathered by the table. He had no intention of walking over to them, but they were apparently there for the same reason he was, so it would be good if he listened to what they said.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »
Alan turned having noticed the action from his periphery.

He recognized the man, he had seen his face in an old newspaper. "Bachmann?" He said as a question and with a bit of awe to it as well.

"I read about you, and your Engine, a Wonderful piece of work, though the corporate sabotage is quite saddening." He seemed rather knowledgeable of the incident, though i was most likely from other second hand sources.
At the mention of the incident Wolfhart had a visible though small nervous tic, and it seemed that a blood vessel has temporarily bulged on his forehead. But as quickly as it came, it went. No outburst came from it.

"Aahh, yes. It was...deplorable."

"So I assume you've all been summoned here too?" he said to no one in particular.
"Summoned? Yes..."
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 11:30:25 PM »
At the mention of the incident Wolfhart had a visible though small nervous tic, and it seemed that a blood vessel has temporarily bulged on his forehead. But as quickly as it came, it went. No outburst came from it.

"Aahh, yes. It was...deplorable."

"Old wounds I reckon? Well anyways you know your stuff from what I hear, That napkin had a little 'doodle' for a Walking Tank, its utter crap though and I think I can come up with a more efficient design." He said criticizing his own work.

He noticed the man with the hoity-toity disposition had spoken, "Yeah I guess we were all brought here, no idea as for what reason though."

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 11:36:47 PM »
"Summoned? Yes..."

William swung around on his chair, he was wearing a leather jacket, but underneath Wolfhart could see a military uniform, devoid of insignia, "Your accent is familiar, where are you from?" William was deliberately hiding his own accent, which was simmilar to Wolfhart's, but harder and more cultured and aristocratic.
...scum.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 12:52:31 AM »
William swung around on his chair, he was wearing a leather jacket, but underneath Wolfhart could see a military uniform, devoid of insignia, "Your accent is familiar, where are you from?" William was deliberately hiding his own accent, which was simmilar to Wolfhart's, but harder and more cultured and aristocratic.
"Me? Swiss Alps...near Austria."
Toaster

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 01:53:49 AM »
"Me? Swiss Alps...near Austria."

"Really, I used to spend a lot of time at..." he hesitated for a moment, "a friend's estate in the Alps. But we were north of the Austrian border. Did you ever manage to do some hunting in the mountains?"
...scum.

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 05:49:23 AM »
"Great" said Hunt "A French plunk with a sense of a humor."

She laughed and got up and walked closer. "And you must be the grouchy old man, and the accent is definitely familiar," She scanned him up and down. "Britannia possibly, a bunch of stuffy drunkards who need to learn how to live a little." She walked back and took a closer seat and finished the rest of her green fairy. She ordered a glass of water and began to people watch again.

"Old wounds I reckon? Well anyways you know your stuff from what I hear, That napkin had a little 'doodle' for a Walking Tank, its utter crap though and I think I can come up with a more efficient design." He said criticizing his own work.

He noticed the man with the hoity-toity disposition had spoken, "Yeah I guess we were all brought here, no idea as for what reason though."

"It seems your conversation died by the hands of that handsome man over there," Eponine said to Alan with a charming smile. "And you are not to bad yourself. But enough of small talk. Dois-je parler français ou ta la langue païenne?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 06:26:37 AM »
She laughed and got up and walked closer. "And you must be the grouchy old man, and the accent is definitely familiar," She scanned him up and down. "Britannia possibly, a bunch of stuffy drunkards who need to learn how to live a little." She walked back and took a closer seat and finished the rest of her green fairy. She ordered a glass of water and began to people watch again.

"It seems your conversation died by the hands of that handsome man over there," Eponine said to Alan with a charming smile. "And you are not to bad yourself. But enough of small talk. Dois-je parler français ou ta la langue païenne?"
"Ego et Latine loqui quidam Graecus. Not Much French though.. heh..." He scratched the back of his neck, he didn't know how to talk to girls, much less pretty and exotic ones. He then looked down, and began to scribble more on his napkin, his designs becoming more complex.

"Barkeep...err...I'll go for some Pop." He said ordering a drink, a bit nervous with the girl so near.

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 07:08:03 AM »
"Ego et Latine loqui quidam Graecus. Not Much French though.. heh..." He scratched the back of his neck, he didn't know how to talk to girls, much less pretty and exotic ones. He then looked down, and began to scribble more on his napkin, his designs becoming more complex.

"Barkeep...err...I'll go for some Pop." He said ordering a drink, a bit nervous with the girl so near.

Eponine laughed and leaned in closer to his neck. She played with his hair, twisting his locks in his finger. "Pourquoi si nerveux?" she asked and rubbed his thigh, she breathed lightly on his neck. "A girl like me should be more nervous around a good looking man such as yourself." She  pulled away and looked at the barkeep. "It's on me," she said and pulled out a wallet and paid for both of their tab. She looked inside the wallet and pulled out an ID. "May I call you Monsieur Luevano?" she asked him and held out his identification card to his face.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »
Eponine laughed and leaned in closer to his neck. She played with his hair, twisting his locks in his finger. "Pourquoi si nerveux?" she asked and rubbed his thigh, she breathed lightly on his neck. "A girl like me should be more nervous around a good looking man such as yourself." She  pulled away and looked at the barkeep. "It's on me," she said and pulled out a wallet and paid for both of their tab. She looked inside the wallet and pulled out an ID. "May I call you Monsieur Luevano?" she asked him and held out his identification card to his face.
"Hey!" He snatched both his things back. He put the ID away, and put the wallet away too this time in the other pocket. "Sure I guess you can now."

"Serves me right, thinking that I am interesting at all." He let out a small laugh, as he got his soda from the bar keep, an began sipping the soda and began to focus back on his drawing, a little red in the face, embarrassed and feeling a bit shamed that he got fooled so easily.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 07:37:19 AM »
Hunt just glared at the woman, muttering "At least we still have an empire."

He got his Scotch and downed it in one go, before signalling for another. He sat back and let the others talk, subletly listening in on the conversation between Bachmann and William.

He muttered lowly "Where is that bloody man?"
I'm back people...