Author Topic: Armored Core  (Read 2225 times)

Offline CB

• View Profile
Armored Core
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:11:03 PM »
I have a suspicion that none of you even know that these games exist, but I will put this here because the games are absolutely amazing (And it doesn't hurt that Armored Core V is coming out early next year  :whistle: )

Here we will talk about our favorite missions in any of the games, our most frustrating moments, our most hated adversaries, our favorite characters, and of course our favorite AC builds.

To make it easier, please make it clear which game you are referencing before saying something like "I LOVE NINEBALL" (maybe not that extreme, because I hope to god everyone that has played an Armored Core game knows who that is, but you get the point)

Also, I encourage talk on the upcoming ACV.

WELCOME ABOARD RAVENS

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
Re: Armored Core
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:29:46 PM »
I have heard of this game, and have played it before. I found it to be overly difficult and complex. It doesn't mean i haven't enjoyed other games made by the same company though, I believe one game I did like by them was called ChromeHounds, and it was much simpler when it came to custimization and game play. This is my opinion by the way, I just honestly could not enjoy the game.

I hope this post is acceptable.

Offline Tairis Deamhan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »
Ah Armored Core...

AC1 was my first non-cartridge based video game in the sepia toned heydays of the original Playstation 1. I still have that battered old disc somewhere.

I am not, however, a fan of the last couple games. AC4 and 'For Answer' just lost a lot of the feel of the original games, often were absurdly hard (even for Armored Core, which set new standards in absurdly hard) and refused to grow with the times in their control schemes etc.

I've got high hopes that AC5 will return the game I love.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein.

Offline CB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »
Ah Armored Core...

AC1 was my first non-cartridge based video game in the sepia toned heydays of the original Playstation 1. I still have that battered old disc somewhere.

I am not, however, a fan of the last couple games. AC4 and 'For Answer' just lost a lot of the feel of the original games, often were absurdly hard (even for Armored Core, which set new standards in absurdly hard) and refused to grow with the times in their control schemes etc.

I've got high hopes that AC5 will return the game I love.
According to statements from the producers, your hopes will be answered. The new game will feature smaller scale AC's, with much larger surroundings. The game will go back to focusing on outsmarting/outmanuevering your opponent, instead of 'who can push buttons faster'. Which is one of the reasons it is being called a 'reboot' of the series.

I did really like the customization of AC4 and ACfA, which I really hope they keep.

Offline Tairis Deamhan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 04:33:29 PM »
Here's to hoping. And hoping they find some way to balance the automatic weapons with the semi-auto slower firing ones. The machine gun style weapons were always so over powered.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert Heinlein.

Offline CB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 06:33:23 PM »
Here's to hoping. And hoping they find some way to balance the automatic weapons with the semi-auto slower firing ones. The machine gun style weapons were always so over powered.
Which is why I always use them  :whistle:

But ya, it would be great if the semi-autos were worth it to use, or even buy in the first place.  :dry: