Author Topic: Gears Of War  (Read 1646 times)

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
Gears Of War
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:15:53 PM »
This thread is for the discussion of any and all theorys/thoughts pertaing to Gears of War and the Locust Horde.

I for one believe that the Locust were possibly created by the Humans of Sera, my reason being the New Hope Medical Facility and the bits of info found while exploring it.

Offline High Chancellor Delta

• Throckmorton P. Ruddygore, Esq
    • DavisGreyman
    • davis_the_grey
    • DavisGreyman
    • View Profile
Re: Gears Of War
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
This thread is for the discussion of any and all theories/thoughts pertaining to Gears of War and the Locust Horde.

I for one believe that the Locust were possibly created by the Humans of Sera, my reason being the New Hope Medical Facility and the bits of info found while exploring it.
And I agree with this. The evidence is all there. No reports of anything like Locust before New Hope, the New Hope subjects going to Mount Kadar (a known entrance to the Hollow) and the New Hope subjects, Sires, already known to be like Locust in skin tone, screeching noises, and violence towards people. That, and that file in the research center about the girl with the weird mutations who might just be the Queen, except that I don't think she'd be old enough by that point.

I also maintain my belief that the Locust were never told about the Queen's original toying with the idea of diplomacy, and that some, at least the Kantus and Therons, would be smart enough to realize that the humans don't need to be killed if they weren't raised from birth to hate them. I think they were told lies about humanity starting the war because I think some of them would know, if they weren't brainwashed, that working with humanity would be a lot more productive and helpful than fighting them.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:37:55 PM by High Chancellor Delta »

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
Re: Gears Of War
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:21:10 AM »
And I agree with this. The evidence is all there. No reports of anything like Locust before New Hope, the New Hope subjects going to Mount Kadar (a known entrance to the Hollow) and the New Hope subjects, Sires, already known to be like Locust in skin tone, screeching noises, and violence towards people. That, and that file in the research center about the girl with the weird mutations who might just be the Queen, except that I don't think she'd be old enough by that point.

I also maintain my belief that the Locust were never told about the Queen's original toying with the idea of diplomacy, and that some, at least the Kantus and Therons, would be smart enough to realize that the humans don't need to be killed if they weren't raised from birth to hate them. I think they were told lies about humanity starting the war because I think some of them would know, if they weren't brainwashed, that working with humanity would be a lot more productive and helpful than fighting them.
As they say, an enemy of my enemy is a friend.