Author Topic: E3 2011: Ubisoft Conference  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Captain Jean-Luc

• Global Moderator
    • jeanluc761
    • View Profile
E3 2011: Ubisoft Conference
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »
[float=left][attach=1][/float]Alright folks, times for the Ubisoft conference!  As always stay tuned for announcements.[cutoff]

Announcements:

5:30 - Show Begins
5:33 - Rayman Origins.  A very long live gameplay demo shows off the co-op gameplay and gorgeous 2D graphics.
5:42 - Aaron Priceman shows up on stage, being overly energetic.  He talks about Ubisoft's 25 year history for a while, and introduces Driver: San Fransisco.
5:49 - Aaron Priceman introduces Dan Haye and Jamie Keen from Ubisoft Montreal, who show off the world premiere of Far Cry 3.  The visuals are not too impressive, but the voice acting and animation is top notch.
5:57 - Aaron Priceman brings Randy Pitchford (CEO of Gearbox) on stage to announce the new Brothers in Arms.  It's definitely a more humorous take on the franchise, so we'll see how that pans out.
6:00 - Aaron Priceman introduces Ubisoft's next film-inspired game, Tintin.  The video has an interview with Stephen Spielberg and Peter Jackson, who are working directly with Ubisoft for the game.  I hate to say it, but it looks like your typical movie-to-game adaptation, by which I mean it doesn't look very good.
6:04 - Aaron Priceman introduces Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for a live demonstration.  It has 4-player co-op and a detailed interface.  And, for once, the graphics in a modern shooter are VERY colorful. 
6:19 - Anne Blondel-Jouin takes the stage to show off Trackmania 2 in an in-engine trailer.  The game will release this September.
6:25 - Aaron Priceman gets back on stage to introduce Rayman: Raving Rabbids for Kinect. 
6:29 - Aaron Priceman introduces Just Dance 3, which will be on all motion platforms.
6:33 - Rocksmith is introduced, which is similar to Guitar Hero except it plays like a real guitar, and can actually teach you how to play. 
6:36 - Your Shape Fitness 2 is revealed, and the "goal" is for all players to burn a combined 1 billion calories by playing. 
6:38 - Aaron Priceman gives the audience what they've been waiting for, and introduces Assassin's Creed: Revelations.  A CGI trailer leads the announcement, followed by a live demonstration.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:45:32 PM by Captain Jean-Luc »

Offline sweffymo

• I'm cool-cat bad!
    • sweffymo
    • sweffymo
    • sweffymo
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2011: Ubisoft Conference
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
And now some commentary from the peanut gallery on a couple of games:

Far Cry 3 looked better than Far Cry 2, and Far Cry 2 has better graphics than 90% of games that were released this year.  I think that the video compression on the stream made it look bad but even in the graphics were exactly the same as those of Far Cry 2 they would still not be classified as "unimpressive" in my opinion.  The first person cover system is appreciated, at least by me.  Why doesn't anyone implement first person cover?  Plus, it looks like this time there's even a plot!  They went out of their way to show us DUNIA's pretty fire system...

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier looks like fun, but I am not sure why they decided to switch to the third-person perspective for this game.  This is also the first AAA title I have seen that actually makes good use of Kinect.  I like the weapons customization, but the gameplay itself looks a little bit bland.  Ghost Recon: Online looks too complicated to be a really good shooter.  The graphics are a bit turned down for that game as well.

Assassin's Creed looks good, as all AC games do, if relatively unexciting since it's basically the same as the previous games.  However, for once Ubisoft has decided not to mess with a good thing, so it's actually not that bad.  They made sure to show off the DUNIA engine's very impressive fire propagation system in this demo as well.
<@Kikaimegami> my human-shakes bring all the Reapers to the yard