Author Topic: Kingdoms of the IV  (Read 56759 times)

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdoms of the IV
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »
"I'll set out at once then."

Altair then bowed his head "'Ma'a as salaama".
"Allah yaslamik." Aziz replied, waving Altair goodbye before turning to look at the scene before him once more
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
Dant looked ofter the small battlefield, 19 enemies were killed, 4 taken prisoner and 1 managed to escape. His own men had suffered 6 losses of life and 8 wounded.

"Within a half day of travel lies Dragonskull hall, Home to Barones Reyna of house Stokes. She is a friend of my family, She will welcome us and take care of the wounded."
Turning his head away from his own soldiers and towards his prisoners he now spoke louder.

"I also heard there are excellent dungeons in the castle...."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:35:14 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 09:53:11 PM »
Drums beat throughout the castle, like a steady a heartbeat. In the large courtyard of the castle area stood the wooden platform with the gallows for criminals and prisoners. In front of those gallows stood General Mordekai's lieutenant with a list made of paper rolled up. Next to him stood a large, masked soldier serving as executioner, holding a large, heavy axe. In front of them was a chopping block of stone. A door on a nearby building opened and a pair of soldiers walked out with the castle's count in front of them. The elder man walked upright with whatever pride he had left. His hands were bound behind his back, but he did not seem afraid. The lieutenant rolled out the list and began reading.

"Count Jasmer Tyralis of Nrala Castle..."the man spoke with a high tone. He spoke in the Navarian language, so none of the enemy soldiers understood him. "You have been found guilty of treason against the Navari throne and Her Majesty's claim of this land rightfully belonging to the Kingdom of Navari." The soldiers forced the count down on his knees in front of the stone block. "The punishment for this major crime, this treason, this defilement of all that is holy and all that is true between the heaven and the earth, this foulness before Vivia and Asiel, who from the sky watch over us eternal..."The count leaned down and put his neck over the block. "...is death."the lieutenant finished.

The large soldier raised his axe and struck down, separating the count's head from his shoulders and making it fall into a box below the block. The Navari soldiers cheered loudly and the dogs howled like they had been trained to, while most of the prisoners in the yellow tabards looked away, remaining silent.

General Mordekai now stepped up on the platform holding his sword. He looked out over the crowd that was still cheering. "In the name of our glorious queen, I declare this Navari land!"he shouted, and stuck the sword in the planks of the platform. At the same time, the green gobelins with carrying the Navarian white eagle rolled down from every tower on the castle.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 06:40:46 PM »
Deep in a Mountainous Pass
--------------------------------
The snow was packed tightly, around Derran's body, he had been their for nearly two weeks now, and the snow fall had worked well in concealing him. only the white of his skull was visible. He sat and waited knowing that the target would pass through here eventually on his way to or from Altmark, it was heavy in trade and so since the target was a trader it would be easy.

As an assassin he could not inflict the curse of undeath upon his targets, otherwise the whole assassination would be pointless, as some individual wouldn't go insane immediately and could continue with their lives until the realized they were not dying, and so all Assassins of the Silent Hand had Clean Blades, that are enchanted to not transfer the curse. His sword was one of those weapons.

Then he saw the target, on a pass lower down the slope, he waited for the target to be in position, the target was far but he would be able to slide down the slope and take him out. The Target seemed to be a foreign trader, more familiar with sand than snow, and he had a few guards. Derran stood slowly, his fitted white and grey robes helped him blend in, the snow fell off his body, and he leaned his metal pike legs forward as he began to slide down at higher and higher speeds, his silent aura making him as silent as a breeze. He positioned his blade, as he went down the mountain side dodging trees, and eventually he was air born as the ground beneath him was gone, he was a white blur, and he impacted with the hefty trader, taking the man with him down the slope, as the trader died in his embrace, as he continued down.

Behind him it took a while for the guards to notice what had happened they had not expected anything, and had not payed attention, now they were befuddled as they noticed their employer was gone.

With them gone, he deposited the traders corpse on the ground after coming to a stop, and he deposited one black metal coin over each of the man's eyes, the coins each had a white skeletal hand imprinted on it.

Without a word he leaped up onto a tree, then he leaped to another, taking a high route out of the mountains.

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »
King Lami was in the council chamber. The kingdom of Albes had just tried too launch a suprise attack into the duchy of Fayflower.

"We should mobilize the army and march it into their lands. If we do not act other nations will think we are weak!" Said one of the counselors, almost everyone agreed with him.

"How much time do we need?" King Lami asked.

"I'd say we can start sending forces from Fayflower and Oakshore within a few days. The garrison of Swords Point is strong and we do not need many men to stop drunks from killing each other, If we send the city guard they will provide support until the main armies arrived."

"Sounds like a plan, I will ride to the east tommorow and lead the counterattack." With this Lami left the room, trusting his counselors too work out the details and inform him later.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:11:13 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 08:54:35 PM »
Deep In the outer edges of the Dead Lands....
-------------------
I want a view of the sea...... Was what the Undead King heard in his head the night before, and so now he walked in front of an army of nearly 1500, filled with Undead Soldiers, and Zombies and even an Undead giant and several Bone Catapults.

Theras, his Master had whispered this to him all the way from the Necropolis, and so he knew he must do as commanded. It was only the other day that he defeated a Rival Undead Lord in open combat, a Sport for those with undeath a constant game for the lords to say who has the most land. His skill would be needed, and so he stood out fully garbed in his massive Grim Stone Armor, and holding a Grim Stone Halberd with an Enchantment of flame.

He walked with his Lich High priest hovering next to him, as he looked at the state of the troops.

"We are to take the City state of Dirge....they are heavily forested and will provide wood for a future Navy." King Remson said in a Gravely voice, the creaking of a jaw could be heard.

"Yes....I think that would please Theras, he does so enjoy his toys....Its the only thing keeping him from taking his fits of madness on us..." The High Lich Priest said, as he looked through the arcane writing on s scroll he had in one hand, his Magical Staff in the other.

The Dead King mounted a Skeletal Horse and began the forced March.
-------------------------------------
Next day
-------------------------------------
The Undead Marched until they were a good mile or two away from the City Walls, and the Undead King Rode out front with the Lich Priest.

"Broadcast my voice......" He said to the Lich, the lich than nodded and said a few words, that had a strange power behind them.

"People of Dirge.......I am King Remson of the Dead Lands....Lord of Gureg, City of the Dead....... Leave your Homes and your city retreat now....or we March and take it by force....If you value the lives of yourselves and your families....you will leave and seek greener pasture......We give you three days...till we assault....Be gone...or join us in Undeath!..."

After his voice had boomed in the city he waited as the undead stood by twitching, keeping the zombies on leash, lest the wander off. The King was satisfied, and began his wait.
Spoiler for Studies:
Alchemics
------------
Black Plague-0.5%
------------
Magic
------------
Battle Field(Unnatural Weather)-5%

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
Emir Issa rode across the thunderous sky in his chariot, the Gordius Wheel, accompanied by Saito Shufalieyhe Al Hiraga and another more experienced Gandalfr. The oxen which pulled the chariot consumed the lightning which struck all around the chariot; fueling them as they walked along a path of lightning strikes created by their own hooves.

"I'll never get used to this!" Saito exclaimed, holding on for dear life to a handlebar

"You'll have to, this won't be the first time we travel to another Kingdom to make alliances; the northern Ghuyuba monsters are getting reckless, and we need to make allies in order to defend ourselves from them." The other Gandalfr said

"I don't want those Navaris to be think that we're going to bypass their borders, so out of respect we'll have to land outside their borders and have the oxen travel there on ground. This alliance is important, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't mess it up Al Hiraga." The Emir said, painfully aware of who Saito's secret fiance was
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:57:53 PM by Ragez »
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »
The Kingdom of Outremer's army reached Kerak after four days of marching. Beyond, they could see the Osman army within it's siege lines, trebuchet's firing in a vain attempt to soften up Kerak. The Osman's were encamped a little way's off, a sea of tents and doused camp fires giving away where they were bivouaked. The Crusaders began to set up tents, pass out water and food, and settle down. They would form up tomorrow, and do battle with the impertinent Osman army and relieve Kerak.

Tomorrow.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »
Emir Issa rode across the thunderous sky in his chariot, the Gordius Wheel, accompanied by Saito Shufalieyhe Al Hiraga and another more experienced Gandalfr. The oxen which pulled the chariot consumed the lightning which struck all around the chariot; fueling them as they walked along a path of lightning strikes created by their own hooves.

"I'll never get used to this!" Saito exclaimed, holding on for dear life to a handlebar

"You'll have to, this won't be the first time we travel to another Kingdom to make alliances; the northern Ghuyuba monsters are getting reckless, and we need to make allies in order to defend ourselves from them." The other Gandalfr said

"Those Navaris are suspicious of magic, so we'll have to land outside their borders and have the oxen travel there on ground. This alliance is important, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't mess it up Al Hiraga." The Emir said, painfully aware of who Saito's secret fiance was
The chariot landed on top of a hill covered in snow. To their surprise, when they got to the other side of the hill, they saw a fortress below it with green banners spread around, and guard posts here and there. "I thought you said we'd land outside Navari territory."Saito said.

"It seems they've expanded."the Emir responded.

They couldn't say anything else before they saw a man with a spear running towards them. He was wearing a chain mail with lamellar plating on his chest, arms and legs, a pair of boots that seemed to each have been made out of a fox, and he had a wolf pelt hanging down his back, the wolf's head resting on his fully covering helmet. "Halt!"the man exclaimed before stopping next to them and pointing his spear at them. "Vilka är ni? Vad gör ni här?"he said in the Navari tongue; a language few non-Navarians knew.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »
The Altmark ship entered Port Silverlight quietly, on the high tide. Hans Krauss stood on the bow deck, looking over the assembled ships. It was impressive. His ship had made the journey in record time, thanks to strong southerly winds. Behind him Captain Stettin and a detachment of Marines were gearing up.

"Expecting trouble captain?" Hans was always armed, with cutlass and pistols, but Stettin was resplendent in full plate and wielding his massive zweihander sword. The marines wore light breast plates and carried musket, pistol and a cutlass or boarding axe.

"I'm always expecting trouble Krauss."

They were joined by the enigmatic Mr Smith, a slight secretive man, "Ah gentlemen, shall we disembark. The foreign office is very keen on getting this deal through, especially before any other nation, they went to great lengths to ensure we got here first."

The three men left the ship as it pulled up to the quayside. The marines followed.
...scum.

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
The Altmark ship entered Port Silverlight quietly, on the high tide. Hans Krauss stood on the bow deck, looking over the assembled ships. It was impressive. His ship had made the journey in record time, thanks to strong southerly winds. Behind him Captain Stettin and a detachment of Marines were gearing up.

"Expecting trouble captain?" Hans was always armed, with cutlass and pistols, but Stettin was resplendent in full plate and wielding his massive zweihander sword. The marines wore light breast plates and carried musket, pistol and a cutlass or boarding axe.

"I'm always expecting trouble Krauss."

They were joined by the enigmatic Mr Smith, a slight secretive man, "Ah gentlemen, shall we disembark. The foreign office is very keen on getting this deal through, especially before any other nation, they went to great lengths to ensure we got here first."

The three men left the ship as it pulled up to the quayside. The marines followed.

They quickly noticed a group of heavily armoured guards walking into their direction.

"Greetings, may the winds ever by in your favor." A fairly young but tall woman said.
She carried a short sword on her hip and a round wooden shield on her back, she also had (just like the other guards) a Leather jerkin with the bear of Praof engraved on it.

"I'm Ylera the fourth child of King Lami of Praof and commander of the city guard.   I welcome you in Port Silverlight."
Boo!

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
The chariot landed on top of a hill covered in snow. To their surprise, when they got to the other side of the hill, they saw a fortress below it with green banners spread around, and guard posts here and there. "I thought you said we'd land outside Navari territory."Saito said.

"It seems they've expanded."the Emir responded.

They couldn't say anything else before they saw a man with a spear running towards them. He was wearing a chain mail with lamellar plating on his chest, arms and legs, a pair of boots that seemed to each have been made out of a fox, and he had a wolf pelt hanging down his back, the wolf's head resting on his fully covering helmet. "Halt!"the man exclaimed before stopping next to them and pointing his spear at them. "Vilka är ni? Vad gör ni här?"he said in the Navari tongue; a language few non-Navarians knew.
"Jag är Emir Issa II i Abbasid Emirate, här för att söka en allians med ditt rike." The Emir responded

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 07:24:59 PM »
"Jag är Emir Issa II från Abbasidemiratet, här för att söka en allians med ditt rike." The Emir responded
*all conversations are now translated to English for simplicity; remember that everyone is still speaking Navari*

The soldier looked at the Emir with doubt. "An alliance? And you come here? Ha, likely story. How come I've never heard of the Abbasids, 'Emir Issa'?"he asked with a suspicious tone, his spear still raised at the three Abbasids.

"Hev! Who are those?"another guard - a woman in similar armor but without the pelt - shouted.

"I'm not sure."the man named Hev shouted back while never letting his eyes off the Abbasids. "Get Hroki! She should know how to handle this!"he shouted, and the woman ran down her hill, towards the camp. "Now you just keep put."the man said. He had the typical soldier's lack of proper manners.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »

After his voice had boomed in the city he waited as the undead stood by twitching, keeping the zombies on leash, lest the wander off. The King was satisfied, and began his wait.

3 Days Later
--------------
The Time had come and the Undead were ready to strike. The Humans of the City of Dirge had assembled their force was smaller than the Undead, mainly because the Undead had received reinforcements during the time they waited and that Dirge was not the largest city state.

Their Archers line the walls of the city, and their Ballista were ready to fire, their foot soldier had assemble to meet the Undead force head on, while supported by the Archers and Siege weapons from above.

From the looks on the Humans faces, they were not confident they would survive. Stories of the Undead marching were supposed to only be legends, told to scare your friends at night when around the fire, now that nightmare was a reality.

one of the older archers, obviously a conscript, faltered in holding his arrow and it released. The arrow planted itself in the skull of a skeleton warrior, the warrior looked at the Humans and let out a cackle, unfazed by the new battle trophy.

The Battle had begun, the Zombies were released, they began to run at the Human foot soldiers, and soon the running corpses encountered the living flesh the desired. The Humans struck out attacking, hacking and slashing at the zombies who seemed to keep fighting  until their brain was damaged. Th Zombies flailed struck and bit, and vomited bile on the humans, frightening and sickening them. Some of the wounded humans turned, after dying the only got up again and attacked their comrades, hungry for flesh.

This continued on, until the Humans had managed to put the zombies down, which still continued to twitch and move cause they couldn't die. The Foot Soldiers were haggard and tired.

The Skeletons had been marching slowly while the Zombies had their fun, and the Skeleton had brought up there shield to hold off the arrows, as they saw the last zombies fall they picked up speed, as arrows and bolts and ballista shot peppered around them, the skeletons were taking casualties but their were so many it didn't seem to matter.

The Descended upon the Foot soldiers as the Humans continued to rain fire upon them. The Undead's Catapults began to fire raining rocks and other unnatural items at their enemies, such as large glass balls filled with alchemical waste. The Rocks went over the wall hitting the Human reinforcements and taking out Ballista that were on the walls.

The Undead Archers Began Returning fire, the Heavy Skeleton Archers firing their deadly Crossbow bolts, and 100 or so regular Archers began hail the enemies on the walls.

What the Humans had not noticed was that the Lich had been doing something, and he had moved over where many skeletons had fallen due to excessive damage, a burst of red mist spurt from the Lich's staff and coated the ground in a red mist that seeped into the ground, and the skeletons began to arise and reassembly and then charge back into combat making the little progress the humans had made negligible.

The Human foot soldiers were all but gone now, buried under the frenzied skeletal soldiers, who struck them down with their superior numbers, sweeping over them like a wave.

What scared the Humans the Most is when the Undead forced the soldiers they just killed to get back up and help in the assault.

The Undead began to surround the Walls, as the Undead Archers and Siege weapons returned fire, eventually forcing the enemy into hiding further in.

The Undead made way for the Bone giant who had torn up a a tree, to use as a battering ram against the gates, the Giant Began to ram the gate and it began to buckle, the city would soon be over run, probably by the end of the day.
Spoiler for Studies:
Alchemics
------------
Black Plague-0.5%
------------
Magic
------------
Battle Field(Unnatural Weather)-7%

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
*all conversations are now translated to English for simplicity; remember that everyone is still speaking Navari*

The soldier looked at the Emir with doubt. "An alliance? And you come here? Ha, likely story. How come I've never heard of the Abbasids, 'Emir Issa'?"he asked with a suspicious tone, his spear still raised at the three Abbasids.

"Hev! Who are those?"another guard - a woman in similar armor but without the pelt - shouted.

"I'm not sure."the man named Hev shouted back while never letting his eyes off the Abbasids. "Get Hroki! She should know how to handle this!"he shouted, and the woman ran down her hill, towards the camp. "Now you just keep put."the man said. He had the typical soldier's lack of proper manners.
The Emir was visibly irritated by the soldier's lack of respect, "I don't know what restrains me from gutting him where he stands." He said in Arabic to his escort

"Please, my liege, he's obviously an ignorant welch that knows not to whom he speaks. I'm sure if he knew who you were, he would not be taking this tone." The older Gandalfr said

"Hem's right, I don't think the Navarians would appreciate it during negotiations if you killed one of their soldiers; even if he may deserve it." Saito said

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 08:38:17 PM »
The Emir was visibly irritated by the soldier's lack of respect, "I don't know what restrains me from gutting him where he stands." He said in Arabic to his escort

"Please, my liege, he's obviously an ignorant welch that knows not to whom he speaks. I'm sure if he knew who you were, he would not be taking this tone." The older Gandalfr said

"Hem's right, I don't think the Navarians would appreciate it during negotiations if you killed one of their soldiers; even if he may deserve it." Saito said
Within a minute, the three men saw the woman soldier come back. In front of her was a heavily armored woman riding on a wolf larger than any wolf the three men had ever seen before. It must have been the size of a horse! The woman had heavy lamellar plating covering every part of her body that could be covered by heavy armor, with some parts made of both plate and fur. On her head she had a large helmet in the shape of an eagle's head, with a pair of bright blue eyes visible where the eagle's eyes should have been. Her entire character screamed of authority. The wolf was also covered in heavy armor; the only parts unprotected were its tail, its paws and its lower jaw and neck.

The woman got off the wolf and walked towards the man named Hev and the three Abbasids. "I am General Hroki of the Kingdom of Navari, serving under Queen Sofia II the Great. Who are you?"she asked in a stern voice.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 08:44:01 PM »
Within a minute, the three men saw the woman soldier come back. In front of her was a heavily armored woman riding on a wolf larger than any wolf the three men had ever seen before. It must have been the size of a horse! The woman had heavy lamellar plating covering every part of her body that could be covered by heavy armor, with some parts made of both plate and fur. On her head she had a large helmet in the shape of an eagle's head, with a pair of bright blue eyes visible where the eagle's eyes should have been. Her entire character screamed of authority. The wolf was also covered in heavy armor; the only parts unprotected were its tail, its paws and its lower jaw and neck.

The woman got off the wolf and walked towards the man named Hev and the three Abbasids. "I am General Hroki of the Kingdom of Navari, serving under Queen Sofia II the Great. Who are you?"she asked in a stern voice.
"As I told your subordinate before you, I am Emir Issa II of The Abbasid Emirate; here to seek an alliance with your Kingdom." Issa said, not intimidated in the slightest by the woman

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »
"As I told your subordinate before you, I am Emir Issa II of The Abbasid Emirate; here to seek an alliance with your Kingdom." Issa said, not intimidated in the slightest by the woman
The woman stared at Issa for a moment, then turned to the man with the spear. She suddenly gave the man a punch on his head, spinning his helmet to the side so he was unable to see. "You imbecile!"she screamed at the man, to everyone's surprise as the man worked with getting his helmet right.

"What?"the man only managed to say with confusion.

"Do you know who this is!?"the woman screamed at him.

"E-emir I-Issa?"the man stuttered nervously.

"That's right."Hroki exclaimed angrily. "Do you know what an Emir is?"she asked. The man shook his head. "It's a king. You just threatened a king, you dumb peasant!"she shouted, and hit the man in the head again, once again spinning his helmet to the side. "Now, private Hev, take off your helmet."she ordered.

Hev turned his helmet right and looked at the woman with confusion. "What?"

"Take off your helmet!"the general screamed. With shaking hands, Hev slowly slid his helmet from his head, revealing his red stubble and short hair. As soon as his face was visibe, the woman head-butted him on his nose with her helmet, knocking him to the ground where he then lied still as blood began gushing from his nose.

The woman then turned to Issa. "Forgive this sorry excuse of a human being, Your Highness. Filthy peasant can't even recognize a gandalfr. You have come a long way, Emir. Is there anything you need? We have food, room and a field nearby where your oxen can graze."

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »
The woman stared at Issa for a moment, then turned to the man with the spear. She suddenly gave the man a punch on his head, spinning his helmet to the side so he was unable to see. "You imbecile!"she screamed at the man, to everyone's surprise as the man worked with getting his helmet right.

"What?"the man only managed to say with confusion.

"Do you know who this is!?"the woman screamed at him.

"E-emir I-Issa?"the man stuttered nervously.

"That's right."Hroki exclaimed angrily. "Do you know what an Emir is?"she asked. The man shook his head. "It's a king. You just threatened a king, you dumb peasant!"she shouted, and hit the man in the head again, once again spinning his helmet to the side. "Now, private Hev, take off your helmet."she ordered.

Hev turned his helmet right and looked at the woman with confusion. "What?"

"Take off your helmet!"the general screamed. With shaking hands, Hev slowly slid his helmet from his head, revealing his red stubble and short hair. As soon as his face was visibe, the woman head-butted him on his nose with her helmet, knocking him to the ground where he then lied still as blood began gushing from his nose.

The woman then turned to Issa. "Forgive this sorry excuse of a human being, Your Highness. Filthy peasant can't even recognize a gandalfr. You have come a long way, Emir. Is there anything you need? We have food, room and a field nearby where your oxen can graze."
"As he has been punished, he is forgiven." Issa said, "We intended on setting off to your capital city immediately, but a little rest would do us some good."

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »
"As he has been punished, he is forgiven." Issa said, "We intended on setting off to your capital city immediately, but a little rest would do us some good."
The woman made a nod, then walked over to her wolf, which had began growling lightly at the oxen. "There, there, Hiramr. Good boy."she told the wolf as she patted it on its shoulder and it silenced. She sat up and placed herself in the saddle on its back. She began going down the hill while the other woman began dragging an unconscious Hev through the snow, Issa followed with the chariot.

They entered the fortress, which was little more than a large camp surrounded by wooden walls and towers, with sharpened wooden poles sticking out of the ground, forming a protective circle around the walls; getting past them with cavalry would be impossible. As the woman general entered the fortress, all nearby soldiers froze in salute, but they looked strangely at the Emir and the two Gandalfr as they followed right behind.

Issa looked around the camp. Everywhere were small white tents that seemed to be for the soldiers, but there were also a number of larger ones in different colors that seemed to be reserved for officers. Issa turned his attention towards the soldiers. They were all wearing the same kind of chain mail and lamellar plating, carrying swords, axes, spears, halbers; every kind of weapon imaginable. Some sat on one of those giant wolves that Hroki had, only these were mostly smaller. Some had armored war dogs by their sides; large, muscular hounds with very short fur and strong jaws filled with sharp teeth. Here and there he saw a mage in robes with large runes spread through the fabric, glowing brightly. And everyone was looking at him and the two men with him.

They walked past what seemed to be a large but for now empty dog pen. The snow inside it was filled with red patches of blood, but it seemed to be about a week old. They soon arrived at what seemed to be the largest tent of all. It dwarfed the other officer's tents and it was colored in purple - the most difficult and expensive color to make. "Here is my tent. It has well enough room for all of you - you can reside here until you are ready to leave, if you wish."the general said as she turned towards Issa.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »
They quickly noticed a group of heavily armoured guards walking into their direction.

"Greetings, may the winds ever by in your favor." A fairly young but tall woman said.
She carried a short sword on her hip and a round wooden shield on her back, she also had (just like the other guards) a Leather jerkin with the bear of Praof engraved on it.

"I'm Ylera the fourth child of King Lami of Praof and commander of the city guard.   I welcome you in Port Silverlight."

Mr Smith bowed low, "Your highness, we come on behalf of the republic of Altmark, for the purposes of trade talks, and to establish a trade house here."
...scum.

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
Mr Smith bowed low, "Your highness, we come on behalf of the republic of Altmark, for the purposes of trade talks, and to establish a trade house here."

"And you are most welcome, if you would follow me I will lead you to the chambers that have been prepared for you in the palace. Unfortunately the foolish Kingdom of Albes, has declared war opon the Kingdom of Praof. My father rode out earlier today to meet them in battle." She informed them. " I hope you can negotiate with his heir but if you are not comfortable with that you are welcome too wait until his return."
Boo!

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »
"And you are most welcome, if you would follow me I will lead you to the chambers that have been prepared for you in the palace. Unfortunately the foolish Kingdom of Albes, has declared war opon the Kingdom of Praof. My father rode out earlier today to meet them in battle." She informed them. " I hope you can negotiate with his heir but if you are not comfortable with that you are welcome too wait until his return."

"We can negotiate with either," replied Smith, "though, if you would permit us, we would like to view the battles, we can even render limited assistance if you wish."
...scum.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2012, 03:12:35 PM »
The woman made a nod, then walked over to her wolf, which had began growling lightly at the oxen. "There, there, Hiramr. Good boy."she told the wolf as she patted it on its shoulder and it silenced. She sat up and placed herself in the saddle on its back. She began going down the hill while the other woman began dragging an unconscious Hev through the snow, Issa followed with the chariot.

They entered the fortress, which was little more than a large camp surrounded by wooden walls and towers, with sharpened wooden poles sticking out of the ground, forming a protective circle around the walls; getting past them with cavalry would be impossible. As the woman general entered the fortress, all nearby soldiers froze in salute, but they looked strangely at the Emir and the two Gandalfr as they followed right behind.

Issa looked around the camp. Everywhere were small white tents that seemed to be for the soldiers, but there were also a number of larger ones in different colors that seemed to be reserved for officers. Issa turned his attention towards the soldiers. They were all wearing the same kind of chain mail and lamellar plating, carrying swords, axes, spears, halbers; every kind of weapon imaginable. Some sat on one of those giant wolves that Hroki had, only these were mostly smaller. Some had armored war dogs by their sides; large, muscular hounds with very short fur and strong jaws filled with sharp teeth. Here and there he saw a mage in robes with large runes spread through the fabric, glowing brightly. And everyone was looking at him and the two men with him.

They walked past what seemed to be a large but for now empty dog pen. The snow inside it was filled with red patches of blood, but it seemed to be about a week old. They soon arrived at what seemed to be the largest tent of all. It dwarfed the other officer's tents and it was colored in purple - the most difficult and expensive color to make. "Here is my tent. It has well enough room for all of you - you can reside here until you are ready to leave, if you wish."the general said as she turned towards Issa.
"Thank you, we shall leave in an hour. That will give the oxen ample time to feed." Issa replied as he entered the tent

"I must say, this is an impressive camp. Your tent is quite exquisite." The older Gandalfr said

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
"We can negotiate with either," replied Smith, "though, if you would permit us, we would like to view the battles, we can even render limited assistance if you wish."
"I could bring you there, if you wish so. But it's in the far east corner of the kingdom, are you sure you want that?" Ylera asked
Boo!