Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Into Darkness.  (Read 84173 times)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: The Edge of Darkness.
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 07:02:53 AM »
Geralt
The store you enter is large, surprisingly large, and there are numerous people here already. The store is manned by several servitors who stand behind counters, or patrolling the floor to help the potential customers. Behind the counters you also spot whom you assume are the owners; an older man with gray beard and hair, and dressed in a brown robe, and a much younger, pretty, girl with short hair dyed blue. The latter of the two owners seem incredibly bored; sitting on a crate.

Geralt's attention was caught. Like a Bee attracted to  a flower, Geralt went to see what Nectar the Girl offered, but first he needed to test the waters.

"Hello, Ma'am, do you happen to be one of the owners of this Omnissiah blessed establishment?" He Removed his Rebreather, allowing it to hang, to make him seem approachable as well as taking off the hood of his robe.

He smiled at the pretty Girl, awaiting a reply.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »
Siegfried.[/b]

The man scratches the back of his head while he ponders your question. "Eh... hard to say. Depends on what parts I can get my hands on" He says "A hundered I reckon, hehe. Don't have to pay everythin' in advance though. Uh, Say half?"
"Half it is." Siegfried said, taking out fifty Throne Gelts and placing them on the table
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »

Zarkov

You enter a larger store filled with various weapons and equipment placed on shelves and hung on the walls.  Among the many customers you spot Geralt, who by the looks of tings must have entered just ahead of you. You are approached by one of the many servitor drones who lumber around, this one bald with the left eyes entirely replaced by a crudely fixed cybernetic one, and wearing tattered red robes. "Welcome Sir. How may I assist you?" The servitor produces through the vox-synthesizer which has replaced most of its neck and lower jaw.

He looked at Geralt then back at the servitor.  I should probably talk to him before he leaves.
"I am looking to purchase some ammo, shotgun, and if possible if you have something I could put on it as well."

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »

Drake.

"Very good Sir. That will be 46 throne gelts" The servitor shopkeeper says and rummages around behind the counter briefly; placing six clips of high caliver bullets and a telescopic sight.

The young lady turn to face you, looking you up and down with intensively blue eyes. Her bodygaurd make a threatening move, but is called off with a simple gesture from the lady. "No, nothing specific. I'm simply browsing. Though the las weapons interest me." She speaks softly and gesture to the lasguns hanging on the wall. "Who might you be?"

Drake paid and answered the lady, "Me? Just an ex PDF gun enthusiast. Las weapons are good, reliable, won't let you down. You have good taste."
...scum.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »
Geralt

You make your may through the store, past numerous people and servitors, and up to within earshot of the blue-haired girl. She raises her head from the deck of cards she's holding in her hands as you speak, looking at you with tired eyes. "What?" She asks with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Owner. Not really, but close enough. Why?" Her voice is pleasant, vibrant and melodic, as she speaks.

Siegfried

The man quickly grab your money, counting them between two fingers, and pocket them. "Excellent. Yep, this'll do. Heh." He says and note something down on a piece of paper using a broken pencil. "Um, your name Sir?... I will send a courier when is fixed, yeah?"

Zarkov

The servitor stare blankly at you as it registers your request for a few moments, with a low humming sound coming from the crude-looking box that's been attached to the back of its head. "Of course, Sir. We aim to be of service, and have many types of munitions and weapons attachments available; standard Gundel-Marcellus 12-Guage shells are sold here in bulks of 20 shells per one throne gelt. For shotguns we also carry melee attachments for 35 throne gelts."

Drake
The servitor accepts your money with a synthetic "Thank you for your business", and stash it in a safebox placed just behind it.

"Thank you." The young lady say with a small smile. "Though las weapons are lacking in stopping power, are they not? As a gun enthusiast; what would you reccomend for that?" She asks you, her eyes still scanning you. 

“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2012, 09:54:23 PM »
Geralt

You make your may through the store, past numerous people and servitors, and up to within earshot of the blue-haired girl. She raises her head from the deck of cards she's holding in her hands as you speak, looking at you with tired eyes. "What?" She asks with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Owner. Not really, but close enough. Why?" Her voice is pleasant, vibrant and melodic, as she speaks.
(Fully Distracted)
"Ah, Well you wouldn't mind talking you seem a little down if not Bored, and I just couldn't keep away from such a beauty as yourself, if you have the time maybe we can talk." Geralt said, he was captivated by the girl.

"My Name is Geralt, I am from the Mechanicus." Geralt said in a conversational tone.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »
Siegfried

The man quickly grab your money, counting them between two fingers, and pocket them. "Excellent. Yep, this'll do. Heh." He says and note something down on a piece of paper using a broken pencil. "Um, your name Sir?... I will send a courier when is fixed, yeah?"
"Siegfried Einzbern." Siegfried said
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 03:40:01 AM »
"What is the difference between those two las carbines?" asks Cortranna to the weapons vendor.

"I see they have different price tags, but the difference is only 5 throne gelts..."

She was almost deciding to buy a carbine instead of grenades now.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »
Geralt

"Beauty, huh?" The girl casts a quick sideways glance at the older man who seem to keep the store, before nodding at you. "Sure, why not" She says and gestures to a crate next to her; inviting you to sit with a small smile. "Strange. I Didn't picture the first person to talk to me today to be a mechanicus follower, but here you are. So, do you have a topic in mind, Geralt?"

Siegfried

The man nods slowly as he notes your name onto the paper. "Righ' ri....eh" His eyes go wide and fumbles witht he pencil, dropping it ont he floor, as he looks back up at you. "Uh." He coughs and hurries to bow as deeply as his old bones will let him. "Milord! Eheh. I... um. Apologize for not seeing who you were right away! I'm just a poor fool, I didn't mean to offend" He blurts out quickly.

Cortranna

The shopkeeper peers briefly at the carbines, scratching the back of his hand absentmidedly. "Oh. The other carbine is modified. it's made to hold better capacitators, see. Make for better use of the chargepack" He explains and gesture to the modified weapon, and you notice that there is a small adjustment to the weapon;  just before the barrel begins. "'tis heavier, but provides 'bout ten more shots before you have to recharge"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:51:40 AM by Godur »
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline PMorgan18

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »

Zarkov

The servitor stare blankly at you as it registers your request for a few moments, with a low humming sound coming from the crude-looking box that's been attached to the back of its head. "Of course, Sir. We aim to be of service, and have many types of munitions and weapons attachments available; standard Gundel-Marcellus 12-Guage shells are sold here in bulks of 20 shells per one throne gelt. For shotguns we also carry melee attachments for 35 throne gelts."

Zarkov played with the gelts in his pocket.  "How about I buy the melee attachment for 30 gelts and 200 shells?  That's 50 gelts."

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »
Siegfried
The man nods slowly as he notes your name onto the paper. "Righ' ri....eh" His eyes go wide and fumbles witht he pencil, dropping it ont he floor, as he looks back up at you. "Uh." He coughs and hurries to bow as deeply as his old bones will let him. "Milord! Eheh. I... um. Apologize for not seeing who you were right away! I'm just a poor fool, I didn't mean to offend" He blurts out quickly.
Siegfried sighed, this was exactly what he wanted to avoid. "Would you believe that you're offending me by bowing?" He asked with a smile, straightening the man's back and picking up the pencil

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »
Geralt

"Beauty, huh?" The girl casts a quick sideways glance at the older man who seem to keep the store, before nodding at you. "Sure, why not" She says and gestures to a crate next to her; inviting you to sit with a small smile. "Strange. I Didn't picture the first person to talk to me today to be a mechanicus follower, but here you are. So, do you have a topic in mind, Geralt?"
"Well we could talk about tech, Like how did you come upon being in this store?" Geralt asked as he sat down.

He thought to himself he would get what he needed as soon as he had talked with the girl, he couldn't pass her up.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2012, 07:32:55 PM »
Zarkov

"One moment Sir" The servitor says, with a monotone voice,  and the low humming sound can once again be heard from the back of its head while it stands perfectly still. "Error. The number of shells does not match the given value of Throne Gelts. Please clarify if you require 200 or 400 shells." It says after a few moments.

Siegfried

"Huh?" The old man gives you a puzzled look on his face, clearly not used to a noble who gets offended by people who bow. "Um... Sorry. Sir. I mean. Um..." He says, bewildered and scratching the side of his head. "Do you want it delivered someplace or, uh... I'll send a courier when its done" He sit back down in his chair.

Geralt

"Besides being related to the owner?" The girl starts, casually flipping through her cards. "Well, my friends are busy with other things, and I have nothing better to do, so I go here and "help" occassionally. Its usually very boring, as I just sit here most of the time; observing." She says and shrugs. "I think I can recognise everyone who come in here regularly by now." She adds with a smirk. "I'm Aeila, by the way"

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
"Hmmm. " Cortranna mulls it over on what to buy.

"I assume the modified Las Carbine comes with a chargepack included?"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:14:31 PM by mikethor007 »
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »
Geralt

"Besides being related to the owner?" The girl starts, casually flipping through her cards. "Well, my friends are busy with other things, and I have nothing better to do, so I go here and "help" occassionally. Its usually very boring, as I just sit here most of the time; observing." She says and shrugs. "I think I can recognise everyone who come in here regularly by now." She adds with a smirk. "I'm Aeila, by the way"
"I'm Geralt, I came by mostly to get some charge packs for my LasPistol, and maybe some tools for working on weapons, Just couldn't pass up talking to a lady such as yourself."

Geralt then smiled,"Hey are you a witch? Cause you have me Entranced."

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2012, 11:21:27 PM »
Siegfried
"Huh?" The old man gives you a puzzled look on his face, clearly not used to a noble who gets offended by people who bow. "Um... Sorry. Sir. I mean. Um..." He says, bewildered and scratching the side of his head. "Do you want it delivered someplace or, uh... I'll send a courier when its done" He sit back down in his chair.
"Jeez, it's fine. It just makes me a bit uncomfortable." Siegfried said with a laugh, "I'd like it if you could deliver it to this address, please." He added, writing down an address on a piece of paper

Offline PMorgan18

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »
Zarkov

"One moment Sir" The servitor says, with a monotone voice,  and the low humming sound can once again be heard from the back of its head while it stands perfectly still. "Error. The number of shells does not match the given value of Throne Gelts. Please clarify if you require 200 or 400 shells." It says after a few moments.

"200 shells.  Yes, 200 is what I meant." 

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2012, 01:25:16 AM »
Cortranna

The shopkeeper nods. "Yep, that is does." He says, tapping the counter in front of him with his fingers. "Wouldn't be much of a weapon if it couldn't fire, now would it?" He adds jokingly, followed by a short chuckle.

Geralt

Aeila laughs softly. "Be careful who you call witch" She says, a warml smile on her lips. "I don't mind, don't worry." She then adds.
The girl flip some more of her cards onto the table, seemingly not caring what faces up as she does. "What do you do within the mechanicus? I mean, do you have specific jobs?"

Siegfried

The old shopkeeper nods quickly, accepting the note with his right hand. "yes, of course. It will be sent to this locations" he says and note it down on his own paper jsut to be sure. "There! I will fix. heheh"

Zarkov

"Very well" The servitor says with a slow nod that seem utterly forced and not natural for its augmented body. "I am authorized to seel you one melee attachment and 200 shotgun shells for 40 Throne gelts. Wait here while I gather the items."

The drone quickly move away from you and down one of the aisles in the shop, gthering up items. It returns less than a minute later, carrying a sharp-looking bayonette and a larger box filled to the brim with neatly stacked shotgun shells. "Here we are sir. I must ask you for 40 Throne gelts."

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2012, 02:13:44 AM »
Geralt

Aeila laughs softly. "Be careful who you call witch" She says, a warml smile on her lips. "I don't mind, don't worry." She then adds.
The girl flip some more of her cards onto the table, seemingly not caring what faces up as she does. "What do you do within the mechanicus? I mean, do you have specific jobs?"

"Yes, We all have are jobs, from overseeing the Construction of God Machines, to Holy Naval Craft, to smaller jobs such as keeping track of and supplying tech to the public." Geralt began.

"We also have sects within the Mechanicus, and levels of Rank, and that determines our station, I am not that deep into the Order, but am a full fledged Priest of the Mechanicus, sense I am on the move I fill my time as a ScrimShaver, always loved art, its why I am in the Mechanicus, I see technology as a way to express art." He seemed truly enthusiastic about the subject.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2012, 02:19:30 AM »
"Yes, yes. So, I'll leave this two grenades and a pistol chargepack aside..." says Cortranna as she moves those goods on the counter aside "...and I'll buy that modified Las Carbine along with this pistol chargepack here." she says pointing to the lone chargepack that was left. "10 throne gelts plus 80 from the modified carbine total 90, yes?" asks Cortranna as she starts counting the money.
Toaster

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »
Siegfried

The old shopkeeper nods quickly, accepting the note with his right hand. "yes, of course. It will be sent to this locations" he says and note it down on his own paper jsut to be sure. "There! I will fix. heheh"
"Great! You have no idea how much this means to me. I'll be going now since I've got some other things to do, but I'll be sure to recommend this place as soon as I get the chance. Bye!" He said, heading to the door

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »

Drake
The servitor accepts your money with a synthetic "Thank you for your business", and stash it in a safebox placed just behind it.

"Thank you." The young lady say with a small smile. "Though las weapons are lacking in stopping power, are they not? As a gun enthusiast; what would you reccomend for that?" She asks you, her eyes still scanning you. 

"Well, you could always try to get a triplex pattern lasgun, with a variable energy setting you can ramp up the charge and knock someone on their ass," he said.
...scum.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
Geralt

Aeila seem listens to your enthusiastic explanation with interest, having put aside her deck of cards for now. "You're not much like the other Mechanicus members I've seen, and met. The ones who come in here to maintain the servitors aren't nearly as enthusiastic" She says with a gesture to the servitors. "Actually, when I think about it,  you're not like most other people in general that I've met. It's rare to meet someone artistic most days. so It's pleasant when I do" She then adds with a smile.

Cortranna

The shopkeeper looks to the items you put aside and then to the las carbine and remaining chargepck; counting on his fingers as he seem to consider the price. "Yea'. 90 thrones sounds about right for that." He says after a short moment, nodding once to confirm it. "I'll just remove these then?" He asks and pick up the grenades and cahrgepack.

Siegfried.

"Most gracious off you, sir! I'll have the sword righ' and ready all quick like. Heh" The old shopkeeper says as you leave his store.
Outside the markets are in full activity like it always was, and the masses of people moving in every direction.

Not far from where you are you spot a group of local enforcers; clad in their regular black uniforms and gasmasks, having apprehended a group of poor-looking misfits -- gangers most likely -- who don't seem to fit in here. The mass of people are giving the scene a wide berth as they don't want to get involved in the enforcer business, though you do notice a small group of figures who are watching the scene.

Drake.

"Now that is an interesting suggestion. Triplex you said?" The young woman says as she ponder the idea. "I've heard about those, yes. It does sound like a good option. Expensive I hear, but then again why should a girl settle for anything but the best, hmm?" She smiles and incline her head in a quick nod. "I'll consider it. Thank you"

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »
"Yes, remove them. I'll take just the modified Las Carbine and the lone pistol chargepack." says Cortranna as she forks over all of her money, 90 throne gelts.

She picks up the pistol chargepack and pockets it somewhere inside the overcoat. She then gets the carbine from the vendor and , giving it one final once-over, slings it around her neck, covering it with the overcoat.

Her business concluded, she walks out into the market to try and find the others.
Toaster

Offline PMorgan18

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
Zarkov

"Very well" The servitor says with a slow nod that seem utterly forced and not natural for its augmented body. "I am authorized to seel you one melee attachment and 200 shotgun shells for 40 Throne gelts. Wait here while I gather the items."

The drone quickly move away from you and down one of the aisles in the shop, gthering up items. It returns less than a minute later, carrying a sharp-looking bayonette and a larger box filled to the brim with neatly stacked shotgun shells. "Here we are sir. I must ask you for 40 Throne gelts."
"Okay, here you go."  Zarkov said trading the 40 gelts for the bayonet and the box of ammo.  "Thank you."

He looked around and saw Geralt talking to some girl.  Hmmm.  I could be an ass and go over there.  But then I probably can't get him to put this bayonet on for me.  Damn...