Author Topic: Parthernas OOC.  (Read 11351 times)

Offline Godur

• View Profile
Parthernas OOC.
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:28:17 AM »
You've been captured. Taken by the Disciples of Odna without a trial, without as much as a word. Perhaps you know why they took you, perhaps you are mad or dangerous, or perhaps you are as innocent as you claim you are. None of this matters now. All that matters is that you are a prisoner, one of many, onboard a dark ship;  The Misericorde, bound for the dreaded Bastion Parthernas.

Even before arriving to the prison you have already encountered some of the poor souls that are being held in a dark cell, in the stomach of the vessel, and in the black darkness you have heard their whispers, their madenned shouts and their cries and groans of agony, but you don't know who they are. You only know that they are magi just like yourself, some here with good reason and others just miserable poor souls with the misfortune of being caught.

What will happen in the bowels of this ship, will you be beaten, starved and tortured? Will you even succeed the trip? And if you do, what awaits you at the destination? Will you wither and die, or will you accept the reality that's been cast upon you? What if there is a way out, a means of escape within its halls, and all you have to do is find it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all!
Seeing as there was some interest in that idea I had about a mage prison and the occurances there I thought I'd give it a go to start a game based on it.
This game will be focussed primarily on roleplaying and social interaction, at least at first, and naturally there will be magic. Combat and puzzles are something I aim to add as well from time to time, so characters good at this do not have to feel left out.

So for character creation then;
Character Sheet:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Code: [Select]
[u][b]General Information:[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]

[u][b]Attributes:[/b][/u]
[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Endurance:[/b]
[b]Agility:[/b]
[b]Willpower:[/b]
[b]Intelligence:[/b]
[b]Charisma:[/b]

[u][b]Skills and Talents:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Magic:[/b][/u]
[b]Primary Discipline:[/b]

[b]Secondary Disciplines:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

The how to fill it in:
Spoiler for Hiden:
General Information: Pretty straightforward.

Attributes:

Each attribute starts at 3 and you have 5 points to distribute as you see fit. You may also rellocate points from one attribute and place in another, to a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 10.

Skill and Talents:

Write skills or special talents that your character has had some form of training or education in. Be it weapons, some craft, knowledge etc. There are no real restrictions here so long as it fits your character.

Magic.
Yay, magic! Erm...

You have one primary discipline and up to 4 secondary disciplines. With a total of 6 points to allocate. The primary discipline always start at 4, and all secondary start at 0 so you have to spend points to have secondary ones at all.
You have these to choose from:

Fire, Water ,Earth,Air, Life, Death, Fate, Mind, Time, Light, Darkness.

(Also note that magic will affect and manipulate the mage just as they manipulate magic, so any discipline equal to or above 6 may give the mage quirks or traits that are significant to that discipline. One example: Fire mage with a fiery temper. )

Appearance: How does your character look?  Doesn't have to be elaborate, just enough to give the rest of us an idea. Distinguishable marks are good.

Personality: A short description of what your charater is like.

Background: This one is probably the trickiest, seeing as I've not given a lot of information on the world. However what I really need here is a reason for your character's capture, and preferably how it went, and some minor details about their past.
As for locations and specifics I'll give you fairly free reins. Did they come from a city by the sea? Name one! village in the mountains? Invent one! use your imagination.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dramatis Personae:

Player Characters:
Leo Stratos -- Played by Ragez.
Samuel Frost -- Played by Tobbs.
Jameson Sheridan -- Played by Grif.
Thorsten Carl -- Played by Mikethor.

Others:
 -- will be updated as characters are introduced --
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:02:51 PM by Godur »
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
Re: Parthernas OOC.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »
General Information:
Name: Leo Stratos
Height: 6"5 (198cm)
Weight: 215 lbs (97kg)

Attributes:
Strength: 5
Endurance: 4
Agility: 3
Willpower: 6
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 2

Skills and Talents:
Weaponry, hand-to-hand combat, and craftsmanship.

Magic:
Primary Discipline: Fire (6)

Secondary Disciplines: Darkness (4)

Appearance: Pure black hair, athletic build, rather handsome face, and fiery red eyes.

Personality: His personality is his just as his eyes would suggest; an easily angered man. Despite this, he's extremely kind; showing mercy to nearly all his enemies and taking in pets whenever able to. He isn't incredibly sociable, but still likes to befriend people when able to.

Background: Leo hails from a small village in the middle of a mountain range, where he spent most of his childhood working in the farms and befriending all the other children in it. It was a peaceful life, free of worries and hardships. But one day, when he turned thirteen, the mountain erupted with lava; revealing that it was actually a dormant volcano.

The lava cascaded down to the village, like an unstoppable tide that destroyed all in it's path. But just as it burned down Leo's hut, with his parents inside it unable to escape like he did, inhuman levels of fury cascaded into his mind; unlocking his dormant magical powers. With this new power, he diverted the lava flow around the village in a fit of rage; sparing the village and all it's remaining inhabitants from being destroyed.

With that, he fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he found himself in a prison carriage. When he thumped on the walls of the carriage and asked what was going on, the guard steering the carriage merely shouted at him to shut up along with insulting him for his power. Later he found out that the villagers had betrayed him, immediately calling for the guards to imprison him once they found out that he had magical powers with no objection whatsoever by any of the villagers.

He escaped the carriage before they could take him to a prison, living life as an outlaw while simultaneously training his magical powers and catching criminals. Until one day, he was betrayed by a trusted informant to the guards; who took him by surprise and imprisoned him once more. Now he lies, sullen and tired, on The Misericorde; waiting for his chance to escape once more. The Bastion Parthernas, his destination since long ago, would not hold him.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:32:43 AM by Ragez »
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 06:35:37 PM »
General Information:
Name: Samuel Frost
Height: 184cm
Weight: 65kg

Attributes:
Strength: 3
Agility: 5
Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 2

Skills and Talents:
Free-running

Magic:
Primary Discipline: Time (7)

Secondary Disciplines: Light (3)

Appearance: Short, dark blonde hair, strong and agile body, gaunt appearance, brown eyes, unusually long arms.

Personality: Samuel is the type of person that is always looking for something to do for stimulation. He talks fast, thinks fast and moves fast. He is very unsocial and generally dislikes people, but is a great animal lover. He often tries to play the tough guy despite his gaunt body shape, but he is kind at heart, and will often look for the least violent way out of a situation. He is a bit naive and trusts easily.

Background: Samuel lived in the town of Cliffrock, located by the rocky coast. There he lived in a poor and unsuccessful merchant family, selling just about anything that they could sell. They had to scrape together their money to get by at first, but it only worsened when the father of the family died when Samuel was 18.

Samuel then decided that in order to survive, he would have to resort to thievery. But he was inexperienced and reckless, and got caught on his first attempted theft. That was when he discovered his powers. He discovered that he could control time itself. He could slow it down, speed it up, and even stop it for a short time. With these powers he easily escaped the town guard, but they were even more eager to catch him now that they saw he had powers.

Samuel fled from the town and lived as a master thief for the next six months. His skills with time improved, and along the way he noticed he could also control light, making him invisible or lighting up a dark room.

But as with most people, his luck ran out. He tripped as he was pursued by guards in another town and fell from a roof and into a fruit stand. He was captured and taken to the Bastion Parthernas.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:43:38 PM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:08:45 PM »
General Information:

Name: Jameson Sheridan

Height: 6"0'

Weight: 200 lbs

Attributes:

Strength: 4

Willpower: 4

Intelligence: 4

Charisma: 4

Skills and Talents: Hand-to-hand combat, weapons.

Magic:

Primary Discipline: Mind (6)

Secondary Disciplines: Death (4)

Appearance: Chestnut hair, strong and barrel chested, broad in shoulder, gray-blue eyes, attractive, scarred

Personality: The strong silent type, James doesn't talk much and isn't very social. He mostly keeps to himself, and takes awhile to trust people. His eyes are filled with pain and regret, hinting at a troubled past, though he doesn't talk about it. He's a kind man at heart, but his past experiences have hardened him, so he isn't afraid to make the sometimes hard choices required for survival. James however follows a certain moral code, meaning he will never kill an innocent, unless others lives are at stake. James also seeks redemption for his past...and hopes maybe he'll find it soon, one way or the other.

Background: Not much is known of James' past. His childhood is shrouded in mystery, but what is known is that he joined the army of a regional power, and fought in a conflict known as the Great Trade War. During the war James served with distinction, and was promoted several times. However as his fame and glory increased, his moral compass decreased, and he began to take more and more liberties until it all culminated at the Battle of Bastion. During the battle, James' regiment was ordered to take the town of Bastion, to give them a forward base to siege a nearby fortress of the same name. When his regiment arrived, the townspeople resisted the occupation, forcing James' regiment to take the place by force. Before this battle James had discovered he had the power to control people's minds, and had used it frequently to get what he wanted, as he grew more corrupt. During the battle however, James had discovered his other "gift", Death. However when he used it during the battle, he entered a bloodlust-like battle rage, causing him to commit unspeakable atrocities. However James cannot remember what things he exactly did...the battle rage had completely clouded his mind. James only remembers "waking up", and finding the his regiment and the whole village slaughtered, his bloodied blade in his hands...and at his feet a little girl and her family...killed by him. James finally at this point realized what he had become, and in horror attempted suicide, but failed. He promptly deserted the army then, swearing he would never harm an innocent again. He made it 20 miles before being captured, and sent to the Bastion Parthernas. In a way, James is somewhat glad, seeing it as a suitable punishment for his crimes...but hearing the cries of the other prisoners, he wonders if not everyone on this ship is a criminal like him.
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »
Erm, bump?
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 02:59:25 AM »
I was actually wondering when this would start...or is it dead already? I blame Tobbs of course...
I'm back people...

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »
It's not dead. I'm in the business of planning and making arrangements to start the game as it is.
The characters already submitted I think look good. Looks like it could make a solid group.  :)

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to start fully until after next week, as I'll be away then, but hopefully I can get at least one post up today or tomorrow to set the scene for you to interact with.

“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »
It's not dead. I'm in the business of planning and making arrangements to start the game as it is.
The characters already submitted I think look good. Looks like it could make a solid group.  :)

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to start fully until after next week, as I'll be away then, but hopefully I can get at least one post up today or tomorrow to set the scene for you to interact with.

I'm making a Sheet too...
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:11 PM »
I was actually wondering when this would start...or is it dead already? I blame Tobbs of course...

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »
I'm back people...

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »
I'm making a Sheet too...
Very well!
Then we'll start once I have sheets from everyone who wants to join.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 05:33:26 AM »
General Information:
Name: Thorsten Carl
Height: 186cm
Weight: 90kg

Attributes:
Strength: 4
Endurance: 3
Willpower: 5
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 3

Skills and Talents:
Hand-to-hand, Weaponry

Magic:
Primary Discipline: Water(6)

Secondary Disciplines: Life(4)

Appearance: Tall, strongly-built, tanned because of a life working at the harbour. Hazel brown eyes. Large assortment of scars all over his body, as if he was pulled
from under rubble.

Personality: Pragmatic, much more prone to taking the most practical and effective approach if his back is against a wall. Not exactly unsocial, but not the talkative
type either.

Background: Thorsten lived the life of the hard-working individual. From tilling the fields since he was a wee boy, up to working at the harbour of Woodcroft Cove, a
port town. The work was brutal, but at least the pay was constant, and it kept him fed with a roof over his head, which was more than a lot of people could claim.

It was during a particular hot day in the sun that a ship came into port under the guise of being a trading vessel. In truth, it had been commandeered by pirates, intending
on pillaging the harbour and the other anchored ships. The guards were caught unawares and died while other people scrambled for their lives. The pirates did
not stop there though, and so it happened that Thorsten found himself the vitcim of an arrow, though whomever fired it must have been so swimming in rum that the arrow hit
Thorsten's left leg instead of his chest. Nevertheless, something snapped inside his mind, and as he raised both hands to the sky, a huge wave came crashing into the docks.

Unfortunately it was a tad too big and destroyed all ships, the docks and a good number of houses and stores built next to the harbour. Thorsten got washed into the rubble of
one of the buldings. Acting on survival instincts, he somehow healed the worst of the wounds, including the arrow one, but the effort was too costly and he lost
consciousness. We he next awoke, he was already blindfolded, shackled and quite securely locked inside a prison carriage bound for the Misericorde.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
Right, so I'm guessing this is the part where the guards beat the excrement out of Sheridan, for threatening to kill the guy. :P
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 06:18:39 PM »
Right, so I'm guessing this is the part where the guards beat the excrement out of Sheridan, for threatening to kill the guy. :P
Nah. They will just Castrate him. :P

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
What a lovely start to our little team here. We're more ready to kill each other rather than help each other. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
Hennai is weirdo, Teme and Yarou are both bastard.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
Wow, this is the first time I've felt genuine hatred for a character...
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 09:21:58 PM »
Leo is a very hatable person, it's part of his character.  :P

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »
Really? I am sure I felt that more than once on this site. :P

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »
Leo is a very hatable person, it's part of his character.  :P

And Godur expects our characters to work together? I'm more inclined to try and kill Leo, and to smack Samuel around a bit. :P

Really? I am sure I felt that more than once on this site. :P

This site has that effect, doesn't it? I wonder if our good Doctor planned it that way. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
And Godur expects our characters to work together? I'm more inclined to try and kill Leo, and to smack Samuel around a bit. :P
Meh, Leo doesn't care who he teams up with friend or foe; so long as they don't try to get in his way.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »
Meh, Leo doesn't care who he teams up with friend or foe; so long as they don't try to get in his way.

Yeah, but Jameson does. That Death ability he has kinda works like the Hulk's rage, push him too far and he turns into a pissed off killing machine. However he can use it without losing it to some extent, so long as he's in emotional control.

However with Leo clearly being a smug, mocking git I'm wondering if Jameson will be able to not lose his excrement with him. :P
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 09:48:06 PM »
Yeah, but Jameson does. That Death ability he has kinda works like the Hulk's rage, push him too far and he turns into a pissed off killing machine. However he can use it without losing it to some extent, so long as he's in emotional control.

However with Leo clearly being a smug, mocking git I'm wondering if Jameson will be able to not lose his excrement with him. :P
Leo works the same way, except even worse since he's both a fire and darkness user. So you don't need to worry about that.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 10:22:27 PM »
I like how Tobbs put two MMs in Grim. :P This isn't Empires of the IV.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »
I like how Tobbs put two MMs in Grim. :P This isn't Empires of the IV.

Maybe Jameson is their ancient predecessor.  :bandit:
I'm back people...