Author Topic: Law is not Justice.  (Read 24057 times)

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
Re: Law is not Justice.
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2013, 03:24:48 PM »
Chambers shrug at Jasim's question regarding his health, obviously not interested in discussing the matter, and instead stare each of you down, as if evaluating you, briefly before speaking. "Bunch of misfits and crazy folk, aren't you? Not that I can talk, heh. Hmm... but you all know who the real madmen of this country are, don't you? Robbers, thugs and addicts. The murdering scum of the mafia, and the cowardly vermin -- cops and politician alike -- who would betray friends and family just for that extra bit of cash." He leans forward in his seat, tapping the wooden table with a finger. "You all know what I talk about; else you'd be up in outrage and out the door already. No, you know, and more importantly each of you are willing to do something about it..."

"I've brought you together to do just that. Alone you are skilled, and you've had a measure of success in the past, but together you'll be able to do more than just take on single thugs. Together you can do more than just inconvenience them, but you'd be able to truly hurt them. I am no soldier, not anymore..." He pat the side of his bad leg, causing a faint, but distinct rattle of metal to reach your ears. "But I can provide you with information and the means to rid this city of the murdering scum who dare call it theirs."

"What do you say to that?"
Jasim understood most of what Chambers had to say, but was still a bit confused.

"So...you want us to form team? And you will give us help for free?" Jasim asked, "I...have no problem with this; if I know that everybody here has same goal, then trust...for now there is no need for it when fighting together to save city from scumbags. But what do you get out of this, Mr. Chambers?"
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:57 PM »

William nodded, "We can take the fight to them," he looked at the rest of the group, "I assume all of you are here because you have some skill, we can use it."

Although he had ulterior motives for wanting to bring organized crime down the idea of dispensing some street justice excited him.

"I have is much reason to hate crime as the next guy...but what do you expect me to do? I am no...crime fighter, just an Engineer...who happens to work at a scrap yard now." He said, his pause either meaning doubt or a lie.

"In my nations army combat engineers, as you call them, are a vital part of any successful operation, And they're usually the first ones to bury a shovel in an enemy soldier's brain in an assault." 
...scum.

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2013, 09:42:53 PM »

William nodded, "We can take the fight to them," he looked at the rest of the group, "I assume all of you are here because you have some skill, we can use it."

Although he had ulterior motives for wanting to bring organized crime down the idea of dispensing some street justice excited him.

"In my nations army combat engineers, as you call them, are a vital part of any successful operation, And they're usually the first ones to bury a shovel in an enemy soldier's brain in an assault." 

"count me in." Said Jack, before turning towards William. "name is Jack you're ex military too?"
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »

"I know the Military, I served in the US Army as an Engineer....Was in an Armored Division for a while, kept the Mobile Armor working and also served a Heavy Weapons team. That is another story though..." He said.

He wanted to get back in to helping against crime, but he worried at the consequences, it was the reason e stopped in the first place after his brief venture as a vigilante. Seems though the life style seeks one out, instead of letting one escape it.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »
"count me in." Said Jack, before turning towards William. "name is Jack you're ex military too?"

"William," he said,"And yes, thought I mostly served in the navy. There was quite the war on a few years ago. I don't know if it spilled over here."
...scum.

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »
"William," he said,"And yes, thought I mostly served in the navy. There was quite the war on a few years ago. I don't know if it spilled over here."
"I wouldn't know, I'm not from around here" said Jack in return "I'm a sniper myself but I used to know a lot of good people in the navy"
Boo!

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2013, 09:56:17 PM »
"I'm in." said Wolfhart in a businesslike tone. In the short term it was for the money, though he also did have ulterior motives.
"probably what I would do If I were in a combat front..."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:57:50 PM by mikethor007 »
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »
Chambers shrug at Jasim's question regarding his health, obviously not interested in discussing the matter, and instead stare each of you down, as if evaluating you, briefly before speaking. "Bunch of misfits and crazy folk, aren't you? Not that I can talk, heh. Hmm... but you all know who the real madmen of this country are, don't you? Robbers, thugs and addicts. The murdering scum of the mafia, and the cowardly vermin -- cops and politician alike -- who would betray friends and family just for that extra bit of cash." He leans forward in his seat, tapping the wooden table with a finger. "You all know what I talk about; else you'd be up in outrage and out the door already. No, you know, and more importantly each of you are willing to do something about it..."

"I've brought you together to do just that. Alone you are skilled, and you've had a measure of success in the past, but together you'll be able to do more than just take on single thugs. Together you can do more than just inconvenience them, but you'd be able to truly hurt them. I am no soldier, not anymore..." He pat the side of his bad leg, causing a faint, but distinct rattle of metal to reach your ears. "But I can provide you with information and the means to rid this city of the murdering scum who dare call it theirs."

"I did my National Service like any Brit, but I'm no miracle worker. How in the bloody hell do you expect us to work together? We don't know each other, and that French plunk you probably brought for amusement is likely to get on my nerves."
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2013, 09:38:37 AM »
Luca made a loud grunt. "I don't play nice with others."he said, then put his hands on the table and leaned closer to Chambers. "And before I decide to team up with these assholes - are you sure they are at all competent?"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:44:09 AM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2013, 09:48:28 AM »
Luca made a loud grunt. "I don't play nice with others."he said, then put his hands on the table and leaned closer to Chambers. "And before I decide to team up with these assholes - are you sure they are at all competent?"

"Are you saying I'm incompetent?" said Hunt to Luca "We haven't exactly seen any of your little exploits, have we? How you manage to see past that mask is beyond me. The scum of this city could probably walk circles around you."
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2013, 10:05:05 AM »
"Are you saying I'm incompetent?" said Hunt to Luca "We haven't exactly seen any of your little exploits, have we? How you manage to see past that mask is beyond me. The scum of this city could probably walk circles around you."
"Yes, I'm sure a lot of things are beyond you."Luca responded the same second Hunt finished his sentence, turning his head towards the man with a coincidental crack in his neck and staring at him through his tinted lenses.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:59:58 AM by Tobbs »

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
"Yes, I'm sure a lot of things are beyond you."Luca responded the same second Hunt finished his sentence, turning his head towards the man with a coincidental crack in his neck and staring at him through his tinted lenses.

Hunt just glared at him "You get away with that one free kid, but don't do anything stupid, or I'll break your bloody neck."
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
Hunt just glared at him "You get away with that one free kid, but don't do anything stupid, or I'll break your bloody neck."
Hunt received a final, unimpressed glare from Luca before he turned his attention back to Chambers.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2013, 12:06:43 PM »
Hunt received a final, unimpressed glare from Luca before he turned his attention back to Chambers.
Jasim stared wearily at the exchange between Luca and Hunt, "Aghbiya..." He muttered under his breath
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »
Chambers looks at Jasim. "What I get out of this is simple: Justice. Pure and simple justice, and not the red tape crap the 'law' deal with." he says firmly shaking his head at the word "law" before then turning to Hunt and Luca. "I can tell you why it's a good idea to work together, that is if the two of you are quite finished..." tapping the table impatiently with his fingers he eyes the two of them silently for a moment before speaking again. "As noted there are two options here: one is to walk away and continue like you've always done, and the other is to stay is to band together. With the first option you can go now, don't come back, and you'll never hear any talk of this from me again...However, each of you have, on your own, managed to do your part in angering the organized crime; it's only a matter of time before they know who you are, and once they do that...well."

Chambers sit back to let that sink in for a moment. "The second option is to stay and join this little ragtag of misfits. You'd gain security in numbers, and that of eachother's talents. Now, I'm not saying that it's a good option, or that you won't get on eachother's nerves, I'm only saying that it's a better option than ending up dead in a ditch alone."
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »

Chambers sit back to let that sink in for a moment. "The second option is to stay and join this little ragtag of misfits. You'd gain security in numbers, and that of eachother's talents. Now, I'm not saying that it's a good option, or that you won't get on eachother's nerves, I'm only saying that it's a better option than ending up dead in a ditch alone."
Alan looked down. He thought about it for a moment.

"You know what. Sure. gently-carress if I am gonna let that scum keep me down and afraid any longer." He said as he looked back up and nodded.

The 'Mechanist' was going to return it seemed.

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2013, 05:21:33 PM »

"I'm interested, don't get me wrong but I do not know a single person in this group, how am I supposed to trust any of you?" Said Jack.
Boo!

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2013, 06:05:27 PM »
"I'm interested, don't get me wrong but I do not know a single person in this group, how am I supposed to trust any of you?" Said Jack.
"Trust is overrated, the truth that we are all fighting for the same goal; no more than that is needed." Jasim spoke, "I am in."

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2013, 10:10:05 PM »
"Excellent! Now we're getting somewhere, don't you think?" Chambers says with a nod of approval at those of you who agree to the initiative. "I don't expect you to work perfectly together from the get go, that would be unlikely, but I think that once you get used to the company of others it'll go smoother. Now, an opportunity has arisen tonight; an informer of mine tell me that a train filled with 'less than legal' cargo is to arrive to the city. It will arrive in two hours, and unless stopped its content will fall into the hands of Mortain(*) and his ilk...and I imagine that none of us want that, regardless of what is actually in the train."

Chambers pause a moment, producing a map of the city, from his inner pocket, which he fold open on the table. "Here..." he places his finger on a train station in the south-west corner. "...Is the location. Perhaps a dozen thugs, including bought off cops; don't feel bad if you have to waste a few of them, hm?"
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2013, 10:13:59 PM »
"Excellent! Now we're getting somewhere, don't you think?" Chambers says with a nod of approval at those of you who agree to the initiative. "I don't expect you to work perfectly together from the get go, that would be unlikely, but I think that once you get used to the company of others it'll go smoother. Now, an opportunity has arisen tonight; an informer of mine tell me that a train filled with 'less than legal' cargo is to arrive to the city. It will arrive in two hours, and unless stopped its content will fall into the hands of Mortain(*) and his ilk...and I imagine that none of us want that, regardless of what is actually in the train."

Chambers pause a moment, producing a map of the city, from his inner pocket, which he fold open on the table. "Here..." he places his finger on a train station in the south-west corner. "...Is the location. Perhaps a dozen thugs, including bought off cops; don't feel bad if you have to waste a few of them, hm?"
Wolfhart looked the map, as if weighting his options.  "What are we to do with the 'mechandise'? Dispose of it?"
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
Wolfhart looked the map, as if weighting his options.  "What are we to do with the 'mechandise'? Dispose of it?"
"What I was thinking...also I don't think I am too well equipped to go 'wasting' random thugs." He added, he would need to go grab stuff from his home, it wasn't to far from here.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2013, 05:32:36 AM »

"Not to sound suspicious but how reliable is our source on this? If one is smuggling illegal goods sometimes one releases false information then hides the real goods in another transport. Smoke and mirrors kind of thing."

William knew from personal experience, he ran guns for a popular uprising in a dictatorship no one cared about. On his run he used fishing boats to transport the real guns while he led the dictator's navy on a merry chase through a tropical archipelago. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:34:40 AM by SirEmilCrane »
...scum.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2013, 04:52:43 AM »
"Not to sound suspicious but how reliable is our source on this? If one is smuggling illegal goods sometimes one releases false information then hides the real goods in another transport. Smoke and mirrors kind of thing."

William knew from personal experience, he ran guns for a popular uprising in a dictatorship no one cared about. On his run he used fishing boats to transport the real guns while he led the dictator's navy on a merry chase through a tropical archipelago.
"I also concur on this, This information would need an insider, and even then who is not to say the thugs aren't given false info just to further make them hard to track." He noted.

He really needed to go fetch his gear. He was getting a bit antsy, this whole vigilante thing was starting up so suddenly.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2013, 04:47:23 PM »
"I also concur on this, This information would need an insider, and even then who is not to say the thugs aren't given false info just to further make them hard to track." He noted.

He really needed to go fetch his gear. He was getting a bit antsy, this whole vigilante thing was starting up so suddenly.
"Does it matter? Is only lead we have." Jasim said, "It is good to think of traps some-time, but other-time thugs are simply stupid. If you think too much before going for prey, then prey will have already left. Also, I do not think thugs know or care for us."

"I trust information of Mr. Chambers, but I have to go back to apartment for the weapons and the...equipment." Jasim said

Offline ChellieRawr

• The Garbage Queen sits on her rightful throne
    • xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »

"I don't think any of us really would," Eponine said with a chuckle. She took another drink of her beverage. "Why the hell would we be all here." She came up next to Alan and looked at the map, studying every little detail she could possibly  take in. "I also would need to get some more suitable equipment for this, that is for whatever you need me to do Mr. Chambers." She smiled at him and took another drink, leaning back on the bar table.
ಥ‿ಥ :heart: