Author Topic: Warhammer thread (Fantasy, 40k, background and more)  (Read 102313 times)

Offline Kikaimegami

• Machine Goddess
  • Administrator
  • リジョンマンセル
    • kikaimegami
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer thread (Fantasy, 40k, background and more)
« Reply #425 on: July 05, 2013, 01:41:58 AM »
Too bad the MP component is too wonky. We can't even play with SEC without it throwing a fit and not connecting.
When we play it, we have to connect in a specific order for it to work, so we basically play musical chairs until everyone is connected (even the person who hosts makes a difference; I have no gently-carressing clue what the hell is wrong with their net code).

It's a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit
 It's a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it
 You can almost feel the current flowing
 You can almost see the circuits blowing

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 05, 2013, 02:11:26 AM »
When we play it, we have to connect in a specific order for it to work, so we basically play musical chairs until everyone is connected (even the person who hosts makes a difference; I have no gently-carressing clue what the hell is wrong with their net code).

Yeah, so do we, I put it down to crappy servers plus the fact that I'm in NZ, which has terrible internet
...scum.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 05, 2013, 03:19:51 AM »
Yeah, so do we, I put it down to crappy servers plus the fact that I'm in NZ, which has terrible internet
we gotta figure out a way to bypass that.

Maybe Hamachi can help. We can set up a "Lan".
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:24:58 AM by LordNecross »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 05, 2013, 03:24:22 AM »
we gotta figur out a way to bypass that.

Maybe Hamachi can help. We can set up a "Lan".
works for minecraft at least.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 05, 2013, 03:25:58 AM »
works for minecraft at least.
Everyone would need to DL it. Not sure if Crane has it. Anyways, this can only happen once I have a PC to play on :P

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2013, 03:11:40 AM »
I'm putting DC back on my computer, finally remembered my username and password, I've lost my Winter Assault CD key however, not sure what I'm going to do there, might not need it, it didn't prompt me to enter it
...scum.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 06, 2013, 07:23:05 AM »
An update, I can play Dark Crusade if the mood strikes anyone
...scum.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 06, 2013, 08:00:31 AM »
An update, I can play Dark Crusade if the mood strikes anyone
Mood is not really a factor for me. :P

lack of a gaming PC is....it crapped out again. Bluescreened when I was trying to install windows 7

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45:04 AM »
Mood is not really a factor for me. :P

lack of a gaming PC is....it crapped out again. Bluescreened when I was trying to install windows 7

You don't really need a gaming PC to play Dark Crusade, but let me know when you can play again
...scum.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 12, 2014, 06:55:48 AM »
Anyways, I can play Dark Crusade and AOE 2 on my lap top if you guys want to play.

In warhammer news, I am learning the modding tool basics for modding dark crusade and soulstorm, I wouldn't mind making a private mod for the guys who play warhammer with me, it would take some time but all I would need is a list of how to tweak the game for each faction, down to units that need buffs and nerfs.

Currently most of my practice is through making a broken Necron Mod I made only so I could beat the campaign on hard, but not so OP that the NPC's aren't challenging, but I can spam Warriors if things get tough.

I have also changed immortals from dedicated anti-vehicle and building to rape machines by changinge damage values for other unit types. I was lossely modding the gauss blaster to stats similar to the Terminator assault cannon, which was a bad Idea as the high fire rate made the gun obliterate everything as it does far more damage per shot, so in stead I made it weaker pen on units but still increased its fire rate but not to assault cannon levels, so I am hoping it is roughly as good. It would be fun to play against you guys with this mod to see if you could beat me, after I make some tweaks to make it fair enough to be possible.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 12, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »
Anyways, I can play Dark Crusade and AOE 2 on my lap top if you guys want to play.

In warhammer news, I am learning the modding tool basics for modding dark crusade and soulstorm, I wouldn't mind making a private mod for the guys who play warhammer with me, it would take some time but all I would need is a list of how to tweak the game for each faction, down to units that need buffs and nerfs.

Currently most of my practice is through making a broken Necron Mod I made only so I could beat the campaign on hard, but not so OP that the NPC's aren't challenging, but I can spam Warriors if things get tough.

I have also changed immortals from dedicated anti-vehicle and building to rape machines by changinge damage values for other unit types. I was lossely modding the gauss blaster to stats similar to the Terminator assault cannon, which was a bad Idea as the high fire rate made the gun obliterate everything as it does far more damage per shot, so in stead I made it weaker pen on units but still increased its fire rate but not to assault cannon levels, so I am hoping it is roughly as good. It would be fun to play against you guys with this mod to see if you could beat me, after I make some tweaks to make it fair enough to be possible.
Hopefully it'll be easier now that it uses Steamworks.

I'm up for a game though we'll have to set it up in advance. I think the last time you invited me I was already asleep.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 13, 2014, 05:22:53 AM »
Hopefully it'll be easier now that it uses Steamworks.

I'm up for a game though we'll have to set it up in advance. I think the last time you invited me I was already asleep.
True. Hopefully soon.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 19, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »
Want to right down my custom Necron Weapons just so I have it somewhere.

Here are some of my old ideas, and one new one.

Anti-Plasma Weaponry/ Hyper cooling weapons- Similar to Plasma guns of the Imperium except instead of Heating a target they cool it to instantly on impact to absolute zero, the process is rather pseudo-sciencey as I can't back it up, but the best I can say is it fires an inert gas cooled below absolute zero, to where the particles experience negative activity, as heat is a particles movement and vibrations, These particle are experiencing a negative enrgy excitement, so Anti-Heat essentially. Upon contact with normal excited matter, it rapidly cools to absolute zero and environmental factors cause sever shock to the surface affected, as it experiences normal temperatures around it, the surfaces affect(Armor, Flesh, ect.) Begin to normalize, rupturing and bursting apart in icy fragments. If given the same stats as a plasma gun, it would probably need to have a gets hot rule(Cold in this case) so maybe something a tad bit less powerful but close enough, and fires more shots. Has a Heavy version, similar to Plasma cannon.

Before the NewCrons had a sniper rifle, I had invented my own, the Particle Whip Rifle for a Unique sniper unit I invented. It works exactly like the monolith particle whip, except smaller scale, but better range. Has an Anti-Vehicle shot for higher pen but lack of blast radius for a more condensed armor cracking blast, or a small blast shot, maybe  like a few grenades in size, enough to hit a few units in one shot, good for taking out light to heavy infantry.

I had an even more powerful sniper rifle weapon, a Heavy Anti-Matter Projector, but it seems GW mad new ANti-matter weapons for the crons as ANti-infantry weapons which I find strange, as anti-matter is pretty volatile stuff. Anyways, not sure if I should keep it as it was a more Anti-Heavy Vehicle rifle, or I should just meld that with the previous rifle cause of the two firing modes. Probably the latter.

My newest idea was of something I was going to call the Sanitizer, which would be a Necron equivalent of a flame thrower. (While the Newcrons do have Melta like weapons with their heat rays, I think they had a firing mode that was similar to a heavy flamer in a  wide cone, not sure though.) Anyways, my Sanitizer would be optional equipment for standard warriors to equipt, it would fire Hyper Lethal amounts of radiation of all kinds, known and unknown in flamer like cone, it would have the additional effect of irradiating any unit that survives a hit and on the opponents turn cause the unit to recieve a low strength hit with maybe decent armor pen or not to itself or units close to it(For TT maybe an inch to the base of the unit, so great if it is a large dense unit) That was my thought on it, would be sure how to balance the stats though.  I also would have a heavy version, and maybe make it an Option to equipt on a monolith on its sponsons, instead of its Gauss weapons.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 19, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
Nice ideas. The Sanitizer would eventually render the environment barren due to excessive radiation. Would void shields/forcefields stop its effects on specific units?
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 19, 2014, 02:07:26 PM »
Nice ideas. The Sanitizer would eventually render the environment barren due to excessive radiation. Would void shields/forcefields stop its effects on specific units?

The Sanitizer is made exactly for that. Which is why it would be considered the cruder of the Necron Armament, like  a Flamer would be considered.

Forcefield would work just fine against it. THis weapon is a flamer essentially so its good against weak units, and like a flamer only has a bit of a chance to kill MEQs due to armor saves. And like a flamer isn't great against vehicles.

Its mostly just Gauss weaponry that ignore shielding.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 15, 2016, 11:05:59 PM »
Like the Necrons, I Resurrect this thread again!!!!

So recently Relic came back from death and made an dlc for a 5 year old game, DoW II Retribution. The Last Stand mode to be exact. They Added the Necron Overlord to the game, and its free,   ending today though, and has already ended for some in different time zones.

Anyways, I would buy the DLC anyways if I could, I want to support them so I can see more Warhammer 40k RTS stuff. Anyways, the Necron Overlord is gently-carressing OP as excrement, and has some bugs as well, which need to be addressed. I like the fact the overlord is powerful and very very tanky, something other classes fail at tbh. The Overlord is OP but a needed OP, as many of the other heros are under-powered and the Overlord helps in keeping the team going. You can still lose as the Overlord though, and I have quite a bit. But this is also the only Hero I have beaten the Entire Bloody Colosseum with....twice. I do believe the Overlord is balanced in terms of his mobility and limitations caused by load-out choice. Like many of the Hero's he has some very Gimmicky builds, and one of his builds makes the game hard.

Its actually pretty funny, if you take the Reanimation protocols ability from a certain armor set, it makes you un-killable, completely. However the caveat is if you allies get downed before you resurrect, you still lose. Also Round 16 becomes very very hard because your doppelganger is also un-killable, meaning you have to constantly keeping killing the doppelganger every 8 seconds which would make the final round, 20, where every doppelganger and enemy hero is rezzed even harder.

Anyways, its fun, some of the Abilities the Lord gets don't synch with the lore or even previously established game, like making phase shift a teleport rather than a temporary invulnerablity. As for the bugs, the Lord sometimes becomes unrespnsive after using certain abilities, refusing to attack, especially with ranged staves, and sometimes just randomly. Hopefully the patch those bugs. Overall its fun, and I look forward to unlocking all the items and maybe playing with somebody.

So happy this came back though, made me hyped for Crons again.