Author Topic: PbP Idea thread  (Read 54925 times)

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
Re: PbP Idea thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »
The most logical would be European, but you could play as a far-travelling Seljuk or something. Don't really know what nations existed in the middle east in the 11th century.
Cool, there were lots of Arab traders back then. I'll create a good backstory for him.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 09:49:29 PM »
Okay, there seems t be interest in this, so I guess I'll start working.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »
The most logical would be European, but you could play as a far-travelling Seljuk or something. Don't really know what nations existed in the middle east in the 11th century.

Wikipedia will solve that :P

But you have to specific with your time period. For example England in the 11th century was Anglo-Saxon but in 1066 became Anglo-Norman following the Norman conquest...and Anglo-Norman England became known as the Angevin Empire since they controlled England and half of France. Not to mention at the end of 11th century you have the First Crusade and creation of the Crusader States (Kingdom of Jerusalem, Principality of Antioch etc.).
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »
Wikipedia will solve that :P

But you have to specific with your time period. For example England in the 11th century was Anglo-Saxon but in 1066 became Anglo-Norman following the Norman conquest...and Anglo-Norman England became known as the Angevin Empire since they controlled England and half of France. Not to mention at the end of 11th century you have the First Crusade and creation of the Crusader States (Kingdom of Jerusalem, Principality of Antioch etc.).
The RP starts in 1028, so the Saxons are in control of Brittain for the moment.

And if you wish to, you may actually end up fighting in the battle of Hastings. On which side is for you to decide.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »
There we go, I think that covers it.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 06:55:12 AM »
Okay, Idea first stated by SEC.

A Kingdoms based Fantasy RP. It would work like the Empires of the IV but have a strict Universe founding that would need to be discussed by the participators in the game. We would need to set up a believable (Without making it excrementty, and boring) system, such as the origins of magic and such, and we would need a mostly set in stone Pantheon of Gods that would be able to fit any type of Kingdom formed. So we could have psuedo Christians (For Templar feel or other such types, similar symbol,ism to real world), or Greeks or anything of the sort without imposing entirely new deities for every person who enters. We should leave the pantheon open for Gods to be made as well But without basically making gods that fit the exact same role.

We could have deities that fit into the Standards of Good, Neutral, and Evil as well.

Also when Kingdoms are formed, it should not be required to have a Kingdom to be in the game, people can create an adventurer that uses another persons kingdom or even their own as a base for their character. This will make the game interesting as the individual can interact with more and experience the kingdoms on a deeper level. Characters however will never be able to affect a Kingdom in a major way unless it plays into the plans pf the Kingdom they have aligned with.

Leaders do not count, for the Characters I mean will be Called Adventurers, and are meant for doing just that, like in any RPG game, doing quests and attaining epic LOOT.

Also I call dibs on the Undead. :)

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 02:59:37 PM »
Okay, Idea first stated by SEC.

A Kingdoms based Fantasy RP. It would work like the Empires of the IV but have a strict Universe founding that would need to be discussed by the participators in the game. We would need to set up a believable (Without making it excrementty, and boring) system, such as the origins of magic and such, and we would need a mostly set in stone Pantheon of Gods that would be able to fit any type of Kingdom formed. So we could have psuedo Christians (For Templar feel or other such types, similar symbol,ism to real world), or Greeks or anything of the sort without imposing entirely new deities for every person who enters. We should leave the pantheon open for Gods to be made as well But without basically making gods that fit the exact same role.

We could have deities that fit into the Standards of Good, Neutral, and Evil as well.

Also when Kingdoms are formed, it should not be required to have a Kingdom to be in the game, people can create an adventurer that uses another persons kingdom or even their own as a base for their character. This will make the game interesting as the individual can interact with more and experience the kingdoms on a deeper level. Characters however will never be able to affect a Kingdom in a major way unless it plays into the plans pf the Kingdom they have aligned with.

Leaders do not count, for the Characters I mean will be Called Adventurers, and are meant for doing just that, like in any RPG game, doing quests and attaining epic LOOT.

Also I call dibs on the Undead. :)
I might be interested in this. But first I need to know, who controls the kingdoms? Does anyone control them?

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
I might be interested in this. But first I need to know, who controls the kingdoms? Does anyone control them?
It will be just like Empires. People like you control the kingdoms. Its just Adventurer class characters have no part in affecting the kingdoms.

Just some thoughts, Don't get too confused it will be just like Empires. You make a kingdom and anyone can make an adventurer based in your kingdom.

This would apply to people who haven't made a kingdom either.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
It will be just like Empires. People like you control the kingdoms. Its just Adventurer class characters have no part in affecting the kingdoms.

Just some thoughts, Don't get too confused it will be just like Empires. You make a kingdom and anyone can make an adventurer based in your kingdom.

This would apply to people who haven't made a kingdom either.
So what do those people who control kingdoms do in the meantime? They just sit and...control?

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
So what do those people who control kingdoms do in the meantime? They just sit and...control?
They interact with other kingdoms, conquer land and deal with their economy, they can also set up quests for adventurers to do.

Just like Empires of the IV. With some additional things.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
They interact with other kingdoms, conquer land and deal with their economy, they can also set up quests for adventurers to do.

Just like Empires of the IV. With some additional things.
Sounds boring. I'd rather go adventurer.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »
Sounds boring. I'd rather go adventurer.
Is Empires of the IV boring? :P

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »
Is Empires of the IV boring? :P
No, but it's not the same. Here you either control one character or one kingdom. In Empires, you control an empire through a set of characters.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
No, but it's not the same. Here you either control one character or one kingdom. In Empires, you control an empire through a set of characters.
You can have leader characters, but I wanted to create an Adventurer style of character that has no ties to any kingdom unless it  chooses so.

There will still be leader characters doing things like they do in Empires of the IV, don't let my description confuse you, but leaders cannot do quests and stuff that adventurers can. Adventurers cannot affect decisions a kingdom makes like Leaders can.

Its going to be the same just with a more fleshed out rules on how to make characters that are not of your kingdom, something few are doing in Empires cause we are too busy with our leaders.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »
You can have leader characters, but I wanted to create an Adventurer style of character that has no ties to any kingdom unless it  chooses so.

There will still be leader characters doing things like they do in Empires of the IV, don't let my description confuse you, but leaders cannot do quests and stuff that adventurers can. Adventurers cannot affect decisions a kingdom makes like Leaders can.

Its going to be the same just with a more fleshed out rules on how to make characters that are not of your kingdom, something few are doing in Empires cause we are too busy with our leaders.
I see. I simply misunderstood you, then.

Alright, I'm interested.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 06:46:44 AM »
I'd be very interested, might even start setting this up if you'd let me
...scum.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »
Count me in. Dibs on Crusader States-style Kingdom.
I'm back people...

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 07:27:39 AM »
I'll be running a small Renaissance era trading and colonial empire, I'll get a thread up
...scum.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
* Tobbs looks at his own RP

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 02:35:17 PM »
This sounds very cool, maybe I'll join in.
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 06:15:24 PM »
* Tobbs looks at his own RP

* Grif101 Pats Tobbs on the back

There there Tobbs...
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
Hey I've got an idea for an PbP. Why don't we at some point try and make a Fallout-style post-apocalyptic PbP? It could be a branch of the *of the IV Series.

An idea of a name could be Survivors of the IV or something.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012, 09:32:44 PM »
You know what I would like? I would like to retry the Zombie survival RP. We need one of those. But this time there will be no place you need to go, just go wherever you think you would have the best chances of survival. And this time I'd have a character of my own.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2012, 09:42:26 PM »
No one likes my idea :(
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2012, 09:46:41 PM »
No one likes my idea :(
I think there were several of these on the TZF, but I'd give it a try again.