Author Topic: TeamSpeak3 Server - Information/How To connect  (Read 2301 times)

Offline amwdrizz

• View Profile
    • Me2legion Forums
TeamSpeak3 Server - Information/How To connect
« on: March 18, 2012, 01:22:47 AM »
Hello All,

I run my own TeamSpeak3 Server which you folks are welcome to use.  DrTran also runs an offical Game-IV TeamSpeak3 Server as well.  But for some reason I can't connect.  Do not ask why.

This thread, is more or less for informational purposes for folks on connecting and how to connect.

First off you need the TeamSpeak 3 Client.  Teamspeak 3 is available on most operating systems.  To get the client, please go here http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Select the appropriate client for your system.  You only need the client and do not need the server.  After you have downloaded the client install it as you would a normal program.

When you first launch TeamSpeak 3 it will go through a basic configuration wizard which will setup your microphone and output (speakers or headphones).  I high suggest a Headphone/Mic pair this way there is no echo in the background from others talking.

After you have configured TeamSpeak it -may- automatically connect to the default Server, if it does Click Connections -> Disconnect From Current

After that the process of connecting to a different server is outlined below.

Clicking Connections, you will then want to locate and click Connect (refer to the above pic)

You can use one of the following Server Addresses to connect to my TeamSpeak Server.  (Trans will be listed at the bottom of the list)
  • me2legion.us

Ensure that your connect box looks like this

Substitute Server Address: with your chosen server from above.
Nickname: Please use your Forum OR IRC Name in TeamSpeak3 so it is easier to identify who is who on first glance.

When your done with those, click connect; and if all goes well you will drop into the Community Channel.  If others are on they will be notified that you joined and at that point just chat.  There is a text Chat built into TeamSpeak 3 as well, Look at the bottom and you will see it.  By default it shows the server you are connected to with the other tab being the channel you are in.

-----

Server Rules / Etiquette (Updated 8-28-2012)

Important, Please have your mic setup so it is not broadcasting static when you join.

If you plan on being Idle and not engaging in conversations please move to AFK or disconnect.  When you move into AFK you will be muted to conserve bandwidth.  Listening to the conversation and interacting every once in awhile is fine. 

Do not switch between channels rapidly (Multiple changes within so many seconds) or you will trigger the servers anti-spam feature which will kick and ban your client for 15 minutes.

Do not be rude, mean, or derogatory towards others.  Please carry on a conversation as you would in person.

Should you need to create a channel to discuss certian topics, or while your playing a game and do not want to interfere with others; please do so.  All users can create temporary channels,  As soon as the channel is empty it will be deleted from the Server.  If you wish the channel to be permanent please petition to either me, DrTran to have the channel made permanent.
EDIT:
To create a channel, right click anywhere in the left pane and select create channel

If you need to make a report against a user, please right click their name and select 'Make a complaint', and please explain the reason for the complaint.  An admin will review it at our earliest convenience. 

Please note, that the rules outlined above are not set in stone and are subject to change at either my or trans discretion.  Rules above do not apply to DrTrans TeamSpeak 3 and are subject to his own rules. 

Violators to any of the rules will be subject to move/kick/ban depending on the infraction and the severity of the infraction. 

---

Server Differences.

Concurrent limits.  As more and more people use Teamspeak 3 it is encouraged to use my server as I have a maximum of 440 slots.  Trans, is best served with lower connections as his has a limit of 32.

amwdrizz
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:37:21 PM by amwdrizz »

Offline amwdrizz

• View Profile
    • Me2legion Forums
Re: TeamSpeak3 Server - Information/How To connect
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:23:47 PM »
There was a service disruption last night that disconnected my TeamSpeak3 server from the rest of the internet. 

A central router and the backup routers failed at the Servers Data Center last night resulting in 2 hours of downtime.  The issue has since been resolved and connectivity restored.

This outage only affected my TeamSpeak server and not DrTran's.

Offline amwdrizz

• View Profile
    • Me2legion Forums
Re: TeamSpeak3 Server - Information/How To connect
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:44:21 PM »
Just want to bump this thread,  while Tran's TS Server more than likely will be offline for the duration of the weekend mine will not be.  Those of you who use IRC clients, are more than welcome to download teamspeak and join in (Even if you do not have a mic, TS does have a text chat akin to IRC).