Author Topic: OOC -- NO SIGNAL  (Read 13621 times)

Offline Captain Seluj Temoi

• View Profile
Re: OOC -- NO SIGNAL
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2015, 05:23:19 AM »
Yo, LJ, things fell through tonight. No session.

Offline Oliviar Valerius

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »

Offline Oliviar Valerius

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 07:55:39 PM »
Three of our four characters. I'll get to my character, Oliviar, eventually.

Offline Yan Luos nar Tonbay

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 10:54:53 PM »
Internet died last night. All the snow apparently found a way to excrement that up. I won't be around tonight, but hopefully we can continue sooner rather than later.

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2015, 03:45:46 AM »
Quote from: Yan Luos nar Tonbay on Today at 03:01:25 AM
"As my compatriot so eloquently put," Yan begins with a smooth bow, the VI's voice chiming in his helmet as he gestures in Devin's wake, "we are here on business. I believe you gentlemen have one of our associates on the premises."

JONES: you are with Seluj near Bay 3, the Blue Suns base.  Devin/Oli went further ahead to Bay 12, and thus are talking to a different set of guards.

You need to edit your post to reflect that, however you wanna do it.

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2015, 03:03:11 AM »
I am the sick, try for sat

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 01:50:25 AM »
I'm stuck at a friend's place, but I can post on my phone. I'll be home later tonight, but I'll probably be on my phone for the first hour. No biggie.

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2015, 03:08:50 AM »
Message received, Jones, Arhka will start posting in just a bit.

"And in the end, said the witch to the drowning prince, you've been the one choosing the path of the Rose in spite of knowing where it lead.  To petals, yes, but the abyss of thorns as well."

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2015, 06:51:29 AM »
You know your story needs something...something to spice it up. Something like an alcoholic gorilla with a bad attitude, named Bobo or something, maybe an Alliance experiment gone wrong. Give him a chimp companion too, a chimpanzee who was too curious for his own good and ended up eating the face of the Chinese President, before going on a drug-infused rampage through Thailand and getting a little curious about organ harvesting. They could both be wanted by Alliance authorities, until Curious George becomes a Spectre. Now that would make an interesting side plot.
I'm back people...

Offline Oliviar Valerius

• PBP Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2015, 10:40:38 AM »
You know your story needs something...something to spice it up. Something like an alcoholic gorilla with a bad attitude, named Bobo or something, maybe an Alliance experiment gone wrong. Give him a chimp companion too, a chimpanzee who was too curious for his own good and ended up eating the face of the Chinese President, before going on a drug-infused rampage through Thailand and getting a little curious about organ harvesting. They could both be wanted by Alliance authorities, until Curious George becomes a Spectre. Now that would make an interesting side plot.

That sounds fascinating!

Unfortunately we're full up on available players. Shame, Bobo would of been an excellent character for you to portray. You have the eloquence for it.

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2015, 01:42:07 AM »
No power. Storm knocked everything out. Douchebag company saying it could be days before everything is back up.

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 07:20:27 AM »
Since we finished Tefnut, I wanted to talk briefly about how I designed the planet, to demonstrate just how much "freedom" was intended, and how much was imparted by your choices.

My initial brief for the Tefnut segment, pulled directly from my notes:

http://i.imgur.com/jRexDg6.jpg

You can see the general set of events that actually happened, but things obviously evolved beyond that.  By the third draft, created as you neared finishing the first (starter) planet, it looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/cImoCut.jpg

Much closer to reality!  Obviously some small portions changed, such as relaxing the weapon/armor restrictions, but that is basically what you got.

After that I established the basic "routes" that could be followed, of which two were supposed to be immediately available: helping Celirn, or helping Gotek.  What you guys ultimately evolved into a third option, namely siding with the Blue Suns, was actually never intended.  The volus doctor you met (that Felon delivered that first message for, at the start) was there not to establish the Blue Suns, but to provide a means of saving the station if/when one of the brothers attempted to destroy it entirely.  He was working on an engine running off the Distilled eezo you found that was capable of such things, after all!

But the plan you guys established forced to adapt on the fly.  The Celirn v Gotek dynamic was already established, and making the Blue Suns a viable third option wasn't difficult.  Events like finding the slave girls on your way through were planned then as well, to make it a greyer choice-- even if you guys surprised again, and went for the triple cross.

All of this made Commander Veier a larger character than was ever intended, as was Felon.  On the flipside, characters intended to be major players were cut down as you avoided/missed them-- namely the volus scientist, Maximus (the turian Devin played cards with), and Riyo Lait, the drell you found dead. Riyo especially had a full backstory, being a nuclear scientist trained to work on Kahje's fusion reactors.  Celirn would have been trying to force his compliance via solipsism torture, and he would have advocated killing both brothers before leaving the station of freed.

This mix of my plans and your decisions altered many of the smaller scenes, such as the meeting with the Shadow Broker agent, the acquisition of Naeir, etc.  Major setpieces did survive, however-- such as Faskan's ambush (planned since the beginning of the game) and the attempt by one of the brothers to destroy the station entirely.

All in all I'd say Tefnut turned out to match my plans about 40% of the time, while player action accounted for the other 60%!

"And in the end, said the witch to the drowning prince, you've been the one choosing the path of the Rose in spite of knowing where it lead.  To petals, yes, but the abyss of thorns as well."

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2015, 03:41:24 AM »
Things to happen during travel/remember/upgrades:

Character Upgrades
Seluj: ??
Oliviar: Forfeited to Get Spectre
Yan: Forfeited to Get Naeir Suit
Devin: ??

Offscreen Stuff Occurring:
Kahlin Starts Yan Workout System: Yes.
Naeir Continues Sniper Training: Yes.
Seluj Builds Lyonesse Gear: ??
Seluj Attaches Thanix Cannon: Yes, Where?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:43:08 AM by Redtracer7 »

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2015, 04:26:52 AM »
Currently I'm on a sort of wonky public connection. Still at the resturant, but I'll do what I can from here. Steam is being weird.

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2016, 06:37:03 AM »
So, since it appears that we're almost upon the endgame, I guess this would be a good time to reignite the feedback things that we had before in past games. I'd appreciate the discussion, since I want to break out of the tunnel vision I think I have.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:39:51 AM by Captain Seluj Temoi »

Offline Redtracer7

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
With Libertas now in the rearview mirror, I figured I could speak a bit about what happened, alternative choices, and just give a basic post-mortem in the same manner provided for Tefnut.

As I've mentioned previously, the order in which Tefnut and Libertas were to be approached was always variable.  If Libertas had been visited first you would have found the war in an earlier state, instead of the "last stand" situation instead encountered.  The two basic routes and the attack on Ascension Hill were to have remained the same, but there would have been no detonation of an eezo bomb upon landing approach-- that would have instead occurred once you reached the frontlines (to kind of indicate things will start to go badly for the Party). 

As a whole, however, Libertas was basically always intended to be an urban warfare hellscape pitting cruel/violent former slave space-communists vs nicer space-fascists.  The original inspiration came from stuff like the Stalingrad levels in the old Call of Duty games, and a few books I've read on the Battle for Berlin during WWII (the fighting over the bridge near the canal is basically the Spee River crossing battles during the later).  I kind of imagined the pre-war society on Libertas being very much like the regimented sorta-dystopian worlds seen in the films Gattaca or Equilibrium, while the Volk were basically operating under Chinese Cultural Revolution levels of terror and poor management (the small "backyard" mines were directly inspired by the REALLY stupid backyard metal casting system the Chinese tried).

One of the earliest choices was to take either Varses or Nabor.  I made it clear that Varses gave airstrikes vs Nabor's more direct combat abilities, but if Nabor had been taken along his violent streak would have also been more apparent.  As an example the scene where Seluj drove past the Commissars playing with a victim would have instead involved Nabor exiting the vehicle, berating his subordinates, and then executing the prisoners (pending PC involvement of course). 

Another major choice was the route taken, either through the flooded ravine, or towards the vehicle park.  Obviously you chose the latter, but the former would have involved a pretty nasty trek through the ravine, which would have been filled with Party member corpses, demonstrating that the Volk were basically doing mass executions.  This would have been reinforced at the Water Purification Plant, where the Party army unit mentioned would have been in the process of being massacred, allowing the player characters to intervene or let things run their course.  On the other side, I've already mentioned that the Emperor character was supposed to be introduced far earlier-- but that player characters never investigated the leads, which happens-- although it may have made his personality/instability jarring.

Seluj's approaching the Lyonesse folks peacefully was always an option, but actually one I did not expect to be used (you guys choose violence so often, LOL).  As mentioned previously that made the final boss battle with the Soldier much easier, as it prevented a single Geth unit from activating each round. 

And finally there was the end game/exit.  Had the player characters decided to return to the Academy, it would have been found basically under siege.  I specifically introduced the tunnel system you used while entering from the landing bay because other tunnels would have existed to allow you to sneak through back inside.

------

Anyway, as a more linear sort of "level" events stuck closer to my assumptions.  I hope everyone enjoyed the planet!