Author Topic: Frontier: The Void (Game Thread)  (Read 171123 times)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier: The Void (Game Thread)
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2014, 06:26:46 AM »
"Existence's...ethereal flow of time...?" Zeph spoke with confusion, following the alien, "That's, cool. I didn't think that there were any races older than the Aedir..."
"Old and young are relative terms when you have seen what I have Little Light." He said as he led him through the vessel that was dead quiet. Every now and then a insecoid creature would be seen scurring along the walls before disappearing into a crevice.

As the walked eventually the encountered two large warrior like beings hold large shields and some ancient looking bladed weapon in the other, the large armored figures glared silently as they passed, peering down at the Vis and Inetehk, who stood a head shorter than they.

"I must ask little light, why did you aspire to expire among the stars?" He said as the made it to a large room, it was a columned room with strange hieroglyphs etched everywhere in patterns glowing the deathly green that was common sight on the ship.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 12:45:52 AM »
"Old and young are relative terms when you have seen what I have Little Light." He said as he led him through the vessel that was dead quiet. Every now and then a insecoid creature would be seen scurring along the walls before disappearing into a crevice.

As the walked eventually the encountered two large warrior like beings hold large shields and some ancient looking bladed weapon in the other, the large armored figures glared silently as they passed, peering down at the Vis and Inetehk, who stood a head shorter than they.

"I must ask little light, why did you aspire to expire among the stars?" He said as the made it to a large room, it was a columned room with strange hieroglyphs etched everywhere in patterns glowing the deathly green that was common sight on the ship.
"Oh, right..." Zeph spoke, looking downwards, "I suppose...I just wanted to die in peace, away from Visei and all those few who'd pity me. The stars always gave me comfort from down on ground, just looking at them...thinking of the forces which conspired for them to happen, the massive energy stored within them, and the possibilities they entail just...is quite frankly...an utter waste of our time that shouldn't be wasted doing-"

Zeph doubled over, leaning against a column for support as his voice became more ragged. His crystal momentarily flickered as he slowly got back up, his expression showing discomfort.

"S-sorry, that happens sometimes." Zeph spoke, the words coming out slightly distorted, "I guess...it was all just a whim when it came down to it."
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2014, 06:54:11 AM »
"Oh, right..." Zeph spoke, looking downwards, "I suppose...I just wanted to die in peace, away from Visei and all those few who'd pity me. The stars always gave me comfort from down on ground, just looking at them...thinking of the forces which conspired for them to happen, the massive energy stored within them, and the possibilities they entail just...is quite frankly...an utter waste of our time that shouldn't be wasted doing-"

Zeph doubled over, leaning against a column for support as his voice became more ragged. His crystal momentarily flickered as he slowly got back up, his expression showing discomfort.

"S-sorry, that happens sometimes." Zeph spoke, the words coming out slightly distorted, "I guess...it was all just a whim when it came down to it."
"The other light in you flickers, I saw it as I observed your most basic programming, I assumed it a rectifiable anomaly, but I knew it would be best to leave you unaltered." Inetehk said as they continued on.

"The other light is rather opinionated, it does not twinkle as you do. Now this is the command center, or bridge as some would call it." He said as they walked into a smaller room, this had many consoles and was arranged in a crescent moon pattern, the command throne in the center facing a large black wall with various glyphs and symbols on it with a single large sigils in its center.

Surrounding the Throne in the crescent arrangement was all the auxiliary staff emplacements, the chairs the crew sat in could hardly be called chairs, and the were all hard wired into their consoles, leaning back and tapping on a holo-projected consoles of some ethereal green like light, the crew taking no acknowledgement of the two as they walked in.

Inetehk sat down on the throne and had Zeph stand before him. "Now, this is my ship, I can take you back to your world, and your people will be none the wiser to our presence as they are now. I have saved you little light, so you may continue to glow and make something of yourself, And you will even have a parting gift, but I ask you this, divulge to no one you have met us, this is for your sake not ours, not only will you not be believed, you will be unable to provide evidence as they will find nothing in your memory to support your claims."

He let the warning sink in,"It is best this way, as I never intended to save you, however as time will tell, I made the right.....choice." He paused his form still slightly fuzzy as it had been since he first saw him, almost as if he were in multiple places at once, but only slightly displaced to either side at minuscule levels.

"I will call upon you again, at the right time, and the right place, and you will do as asked." He said simply,"Is this understood, little light?"

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2014, 01:58:13 PM »
"The other light in you flickers, I saw it as I observed your most basic programming, I assumed it a rectifiable anomaly, but I knew it would be best to leave you unaltered." Inetehk said as they continued on.

"The other light is rather opinionated, it does not twinkle as you do. Now this is the command center, or bridge as some would call it." He said as they walked into a smaller room, this had many consoles and was arranged in a crescent moon pattern, the command throne in the center facing a large black wall with various glyphs and symbols on it with a single large sigils in its center.

Surrounding the Throne in the crescent arrangement was all the auxiliary staff emplacements, the chairs the crew sat in could hardly be called chairs, and the were all hard wired into their consoles, leaning back and tapping on a holo-projected consoles of some ethereal green like light, the crew taking no acknowledgement of the two as they walked in.

Inetehk sat down on the throne and had Zeph stand before him. "Now, this is my ship, I can take you back to your world, and your people will be none the wiser to our presence as they are now. I have saved you little light, so you may continue to glow and make something of yourself, And you will even have a parting gift, but I ask you this, divulge to no one you have met us, this is for your sake not ours, not only will you not be believed, you will be unable to provide evidence as they will find nothing in your memory to support your claims."

He let the warning sink in,"It is best this way, as I never intended to save you, however as time will tell, I made the right.....choice." He paused his form still slightly fuzzy as it had been since he first saw him, almost as if he were in multiple places at once, but only slightly displaced to either side at minuscule levels.

"I will call upon you again, at the right time, and the right place, and you will do as asked." He said simply,"Is this understood, little light?"
"I understand entirely. My words, as those of an Ift, won't matter much anyway." Zeph spoke, "Thank you, for giving me this second chance. What kind of 'parting gift' will you give me?" He asked with a smile
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »
"I understand entirely. My words, as those of an Ift, won't matter much anyway." Zeph spoke, "Thank you, for giving me this second chance. What kind of 'parting gift' will you give me?" He asked with a smile
++Random Weapon Awarded: Roll 18- Imperium of Man High Grade; Roll- 5 Ranged Weapon- Archeotech Plasma Gun Awarded{Master Crafted- Does Not Over Heat}++

He tapped his staff on the ground and a pedestal came up, empty. "Let us see, Ah, How about an Imperial Weapon. I had happened upon an Ancient Imperial Stockpile in my many journeys, you can have this from my Personal Armory, I have no use for it anyway."

Upon the Pedastal appeared a rather bulky but beautifully crafted gun, it was roughly the length of a combat rifle, but had no stock. The Language engraved on it was foreign to Zeph, but its beauty was undeniable, almost as if it had religious significance.

"A Plasma Gun of the Imperium of Mankind, a powerful variant using the most potent technology they had available to them in the past, their current models are mere shadows of this guns glory. Be careful it gets hot, but does not explode as lesser models tend to, not that you would know." He mused silently.

"Your people will not have munitions to supply this gun, so use it sparingly, and I will arrange to have munitions dropped off for you as needed, at a residence you see fit." Inetehk promised.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »
++Random Weapon Awarded: Roll 18- Imperium of Man High Grade; Roll- 5 Ranged Weapon- Archeotech Plasma Gun Awarded{Master Crafted- Does Not Over Heat}++

He tapped his staff on the ground and a pedestal came up, empty. "Let us see, Ah, How about an Imperial Weapon. I had happened upon an Ancient Imperial Stockpile in my many journeys, you can have this from my Personal Armory, I have no use for it anyway."

Upon the Pedastal appeared a rather bulky but beautifully crafted gun, it was roughly the length of a combat rifle, but had no stock. The Language engraved on it was foreign to Zeph, but its beauty was undeniable, almost as if it had religious significance.

"A Plasma Gun of the Imperium of Mankind, a powerful variant using the most potent technology they had available to them in the past, their current models are mere shadows of this guns glory. Be careful it gets hot, but does not explode as lesser models tend to, not that you would know." He mused silently.

"Your people will not have munitions to supply this gun, so use it sparingly, and I will arrange to have munitions dropped off for you as needed, at a residence you see fit." Inetehk promised.
Zeph hefted the weapon, inspecting it a smile came across his face, "It's very pretty, and..also really advanced considering that the only prototypes we've got working on tanks tend to not last long..."

Zeph's smile faltered slightly as he spoke, "and...I'll probably be murdered for it really quickly if I ever use it on Visei so I'd better save it until the Xiphial announces the surpassing of the Aur Limit, should be any day now really." He said, his smile revitalised, "If, you could drop these munitions near the dormant volcanic crater of Mount Arignatas -a rather insignificant mountain which is located on the small moon Siol of the gas giant Ridele in this system- once every two months...then I think that would be convenient for both of us. I'd rather not have to stop by Visei every time I wish to resupply."

"If, there's anything I can do to repay you for this chance." Zeph added, hefting up the weapon to his shoulder, "Then please, don't hesitate. We Vis take our lives very seriously, and I owe you a life debt for giving me back mine."

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2014, 12:09:16 AM »

"If, there's anything I can do to repay you for this chance." Zeph added, hefting up the weapon to his shoulder, "Then please, don't hesitate. We Vis take our lives very seriously, and I owe you a life debt for giving me back mine."
"Something I already understand little light, now...where do you wish to be left off?" He said as the wall in from of him projected a 360 degree view of the space surrounding the ship.

Vis Mining vessels could be seen in the distance, none the wiser to the ancient presence.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2014, 01:11:53 AM »
"Something I already understand little light, now...where do you wish to be left off?" He said as the wall in from of him projected a 360 degree view of the space surrounding the ship.

Vis Mining vessels could be seen in the distance, none the wiser to the ancient presence.
"I'd like to be left back at Visei, on the Ade Plateau. The government would ask too many questions if I were found on another world, and I'd probably get arrested if I were found back on one of the mining vessels." Zeph replied, "If, that's not too much trouble of course. I wouldn't want for our scanners to detect your ship after all."

"Erm, it'd also be really helpful if I could have a simple cloth bag to hold and hide this weapon." Zeph added, "I can get myself out of being an Ift; doing some private security jobs for KaraKu or Asyto would earn me enough Energy Units to get out of this mess. Didn't want to work for them before, the sleazeballs, but now that I know that there's so much more out here in space; I'll do anything just to live out my life and see it all..."

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2014, 01:44:54 AM »
"I'd like to be left back at Visei, on the Ade Plateau. The government would ask too many questions if I were found on another world, and I'd probably get arrested if I were found back on one of the mining vessels." Zeph replied, "If, that's not too much trouble of course. I wouldn't want for our scanners to detect your ship after all."

"Erm, it'd also be really helpful if I could have a simple cloth bag to hold and hide this weapon." Zeph added, "I can get myself out of being an Ift; doing some private security jobs for KaraKu or Asyto would earn me enough Energy Units to get out of this mess. Didn't want to work for them before, the sleazeballs, but now that I know that there's so much more out here in space; I'll do anything just to live out my life and see it all..."
"Here is a bag made in your race's style so as not to be questioned, Do not worry about your scanners, they are easily fooled. Now when you awake you will be home, and as a precaution your memory will not be completely intact, it will return to you, gradually." He said his voice getting more distant as he spoke.

Zeph wanted to reply but his vision grew dark and soon there was nothing but black.

He awoke some time later at a empty location on Ade Plateau, he had a bag slung on his back, however when he opened it the weapon inside did not surprise him, he didn't know why but he knew it was a gift from something or someone, he owed this something his life, but the details were not so clear. Neither of his personalities could recall the event beyond remembering their plunge into the last frontier, the Void.

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2014, 05:21:04 PM »
Edit.

You may ignore this post.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 08:38:23 AM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2014, 06:31:11 PM »
-Xeios, City of Asayis, Xain Fire Legion Insitute-

Dodge. Twist. Grab. Evade. Throw. Grind. Press. Twist.

Aurion's foot rested on another Vis' neck, pressing hard against against it as he twisted his arm backwards so far that the other Vis quickly began screaming in pain and tapping on the floor with his free hand. Aurion immediately let the Vis trainee go, which was quickly followed by the clapping of dozens of Vis having watched him fight.

"Well done, Cadet Aurion; you disabled and subdued Cadet Casahim in only eight moves." The instructor spoke, clapping his hands, "Very impressive."

"Thank you, Instructor." Aurion replied, bracing his fingers against each other as he bowed, "Have I passed this test, then?"

"With flying colours, Cadet. You will be moved up to the 4th Nadesko for additional evaluation." The instructor replied with a smile, "But...I did not recognise the style you used, Cadet. What was it?"

Aurion hesitated for a moment, something which was noticed by a few keen eyes, "A...sub-style of Kaizas Dur, it's a style which focuses on quick, disabling, and powerful blows to end fights before using up too much energy."

"Excellent, then you won't mind showing to me then?"

"Grand Commander Xahravantis, sir!' The instructer spoke in surprise, bowing alongside the other cadets. Aurion hesitated a bit, stunned by the Commander's words, before he bowed as well.

The Grand Commander strode into the training chambers, bereft of his ceremonial armor and dressed in combat fatigues as he stared Aurion down. "Fight me, Cadet. Depending on how long you last, you might be eligible for another promotion." Xahravantis stated, the large Vis man standing almost a head taller than the young Aurion

"Yes...Grand Commander." Aurion replied slowly, watching as the Grand Commander took a stance on the fighting mat

Aurion took a stance as well, heedless of the disbelieving stares of his fellow Cadets. This fight was impossible to win; as even he understood that fighting against the century-old Grand Commander of the Fire Legions was an exercise in futility.

But that didn't mean he was going to let that asshole Commander just show him up.

タイタンの攻撃/Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack On Titan OST - Army Go

Aurion charged at Xahravantis with a burst of speed that had seemingly caught the Commander off-guard, but Xahravantis caught Aurion's fist before it made contact; using Aurion's momentum to flip him over with a chop to his neck that sent him to the ground. Aurion quickly twisted, ignoring the pain as he landed on his feet and slid away from the Commander with one swift gliding movement.

Xahravantis grinned, gripping his fist tightly as he nodded his head; daring Aurion to try once more.

The cadet paced slowly, analysing Xahravantis as he tried to think of angle from which to approach him. The Grand Commander had very few vulnerable areas, and the ones that Aurion did see were obviously being deliberately exposed for him to try and attack.

Suddenly, Aurion caught a glimpse of something that might have been his only way in. It was simple, and if he failed he would be defeated instantly, but...

It was worth the risk.

He sped forward once more, this time running directly towards Xahravantis without any inclination of sidestepping. The Grand Commander readied himself in bemusement, getting into position to throw Aurion once more. Just as he was about to grasp the younger Vis, however, Aurion disappeared from view; having pivoted on his feet to spin around to the Grand Commander's side. Xahravantis, though surprised by the attack, blocked the fist Aurion sent his way with ease.

Too easily.

"A feint!" Xahravantis realised too late, as Aurion's knee slammed into his back; causing him to wretch with pain

The cadet followed with a flurry of punches and kicks, looking almost disorganised as the Vis broke through Xahravantis' weakened defenses with his sheer number of attacks. The ones which connected were stronger than the ones which were blocked, proving to the Grand Commander's surprise that Aurion was calculating every blow. As he caught a blow aimed with his face, Xahravantis angrily twisted the fist; wanting to end the fight quickly.

As Aurion's knee collided with his jaw, the realisation that Aurion had sacrificed his hand to land one heavy blow hit him hard. He staggered back, struggling to retain his battle composure, as he beheld Aurion rushing towards him more; obviously intent on ending the fight.

As Xahravantis took his battle stance, he lamented how his next strike would deplete so much of the cadet's energy; he didn't like to crush the dreams of the aspiring cadets, especially ones with such potential, but it had to be done...

Dodge. Twist. Grab. Evade. Throw. Slam. Grind. Press. And...

Rip.

A blow, glowing hand was held up high; before slowly fading away into translucent energy particles. One Vis stood over the other, his foot pressed onto the other's neck as his expression showed pure pride and delight.

"A fine bout, Cadet Aurion." Xahravantis spoke, getting his foot off of Aurion's neck, "A fine bout indeed."

Aurion stifled a scream as he held his right arm, now bereft of a hand. He looked up to the Grand Commander, slowly standing up despite his injury, and replied, "You...as well, Grand Commander..."

He fell to his knees, the pain overwhelming him as he nearly lost consciousness.

"You've inflicted more blows upon me than any other Cadet at this academy, you've earned promotion to 3rd Nadesko. Had you not lost your hand, then you'd have been promoted to 2nd." Xahravantis spoke, "Let this be a lesson; when tackling an enemy stronger than you, fighting head on will result in only death. That is why in those situations one must either flee, and fight another day; or fight with cunning, and thus outsmart the enemy. Cadet Aurion fought with cunning, and dealt quite a few blows in the process; but did not have the wisdom to change his attack pattern, and thus he was de-handed."

"Well done Cadet," The Grand Commander spoke, "You have promise, but understand that what you know is not even a fraction of what you do not know; and strive to become an even greater warrior in time."

He then crouched down, whispering in Aurion's ear,

"I'd advise you to endeavour to make your Style less obvious as well, Cadet." Xahravantis whispered, to Aurion's alarm, "I do not usually permit Unregistered Styles, but you've made excellent use of yours; so I shall."

The Grand Commander then stood up, leaving the shocked and injured Aurion on the floor. The cadet gritted his teeth in frustration, as he finally passed out and the other awed cadets carried him to the infirmary.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 03:23:01 PM »
Planet Khafra - 2277 A.L. (After Landfall)
Provisional Outpost - Orbit - L2 Lagrange point

A bored soldier sits at the sensors workstation, half asleep, half looking at the screen. Besides him another soldier uses remote controlled probes for scanning the inhospitable planet below for natural riches, even though a lot of its surface is comprised of lava.

"Nothing on the scanners in our entire solar system except our own ships. Bored out of my skull, sitting in a tin box above a ball of lava that we can't even make something useful out of yet. Remind me why are we even here?"

"Because I'm a greenhorn, and you are, in our superior's words, 'an unruly git'. Now, either let me work in peace so I can at least have something to report, or go meditate. Preferrably both."

"Sigh..."

"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2014, 07:50:42 AM »

He put his metal covered boot on the Warboss's chest and too his big choppa axe and brought it down on his head splitting it in to with a fountain of blood.

"Alright boyz, round up everyfin' useful, lets go round up dere mekk boyz, they know I'm da boss now, and lets get dis Stompa back to da fort, I want it fixxed up soz I can use it, we gonna take da whole planet boyz!" He shouted as his warband waaghed in unison.
++Weeks later, Da First Stronghold++

Durzgahd's Growing Warband would soon be a WAAAGH! But he was still stuck planet side, which would not be an issue for too much longer he hoped with his new found mob of Mek boyz.

On the Horizon of the massive camp could be seen the silhouettes of massive frames that would one day be ships, the largest of them Would be his Personal Krooza. It was adistant goal, but as soon as the planet was his, then the stars would be next.

Billows of industrial smoke marked all of Durzgahd's territory, he was the strongest clan on the planet, and soon the rest of it would be his.

"I'm tired of all dis waitin' about, Theres nuthin challengin' 'ere anymore. Katka You iz smart and we both knows dat, I don't want you comin wiff me on my grand Waagh. I need you to get your own boys and I wants you to kronikle my efforts. You will be da great Orkistorian you wants to be, Katka da Filosofur." THe imposing warboss said looking out on to the horizon.

"As soon as I get da chance boss, I will always be loyal to you, and my boyz will be at your call if you needz us,  but for now youz stuck wiff me Durzgahd." He said hefting his large Hamma over his shoulder.

"Katka, lets go get a kouple of pint of fungus beer, I think I've earned it, maybe kill a kouple of wouldbe assassins, dats always a laugh." Durzgadh said,"And you still need to tell me how ya got dat big shiny rok thhat ya made into a hamma."

"Sure boss, after I get ten or twenty pints in me." Katka laughed as the walked off, Katka accidently stepping on a snotling as he walked out, unscrupulously scraping it off with his extra choppa he had on his belt and then flinging the corpse and following his boss.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2014, 11:38:36 AM »
It worked! After countless days pouring through the databanks and line after line of research data, mathematical equations and theories Tona had finally managed to figure out how the jump-drive worked, and what had gone wrong last time. Now, with the data gathered from the test-runs performed by one of the escort craft, all just between known locations in the same solar-system, she could now confirm that the technology worked as intended; the Tona'ai was now capable of moving faster than the speed of light. Closing the holographic displays of the reports with but a thought Tona couldn't help but feel excited, almost giddy, as she began making her way from the chambers and to te command chair.

It was time for the second phase of the testing.

"Adjutant?" She asks, and at once the robotic servant of hers respond with a chiming "Yes, Tona?"
"Are we ready?" the girl ask almost immediately, even before the machine appear beside her. She preferred it that way even though she already knew the answer; Yes. "Escort vessel, designation Bau, report all systems nominal, Tona. The vessel is cleared and ready for launch on your command." the adjutant respond after only a moment of silence. Nodding to herself Tona climb into the command chair; a dozen or more holographic display turning on instantly for her benefit, and the entire room lighting up so that she doesn't have to sit in the dark. With but another thought most of the displayed windows give way for the one reading the status of the Bau.

The ship had been fully prepared for days now for this first inter-stellar test run; a newly constructed crew perfectly designed for their tasks, and commanded by a copy of the adjutant program, this new one carrying the designation "Bau-1" that had been carefully programmed with the mission objectives and contingencies and given a degree of self-reliant programming in carrying it out. The display showed all systems green and thus confirming what adjutant had said just moments ago. She went over it all one last time, checking and double-checking the facts in her head, before finally issuing the command. As soon as the mission was cleared by the command chair a response came from Bau-1. "Affirmative. Mission underway"

The escort craft was one of a pair, originally designed to serve as the Tona'ai's protectors in times of danger, but now retrofitted to serve Tona's purpose, hovered in empty space after having just cleared the moorings connecting it to the mother-ship and made its way to a safe distance. Inside the bowels of the frigate miniature suns burn in the fusion reactors, generating power that run all along the wiring, through and through the ship, to the jump-drive that was installed only a couple of weeks ago. The command had been given.

The drive is activated, and it happens like before; stars and spacedust seemingly being pulled together as the fabric of space is molded and twisted, shaping into a bubble at first and then a passage. For a moment, just a moment the ship stand still in space, immobile and still, only to be enveloped by a bright, blue light the next. It shines brightly for a second and then it, and the ship, is gone.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Not going to be so stupid as to send my mother-ship on the first FTL jump :P Frigate will have to do.
Anyhow, my roll is 52
Second roll: 28
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:54:37 PM by Godur »
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2014, 05:30:12 PM »
Tess Rega, captain of the newly constructed, experimental FTL Corvette KES Idda stood at the bridge of her new ship. Her old ship, the KES Donna had been given to some other young captain after Tess had been given command of the Idda.

But she didn't mind, her name would go into the History books as the captain of the first Kaveni ship to make a FTL jump to another star system, the Emperor had already given a long speech just a few minutes ago and Tess felt like everything that she wanted to say had already been said in that speech. So instead she kept her message to her people short: "Wish us luck."

And with these words the powerful warp engine kicked in and space and time knelt for the Kaveni captain and her 50 man crew.

Spoiler for Research & Construction:
Research:
FTL warp drive technology – 100%

Military: Explorer class Frigate: 60% (Imperialist bonus, +5% )
Civilian: Basic Quantum Entanglement communicator:  60% (Scientist bonus, +5
%)

Construction:
Military: Empress Valya Orbital shipyards: 50%
Civilian:

Naval Construction:
Military:
Civilian: Aqua class transport ships (15): 50%

Spoiler for Dice roll:
Random number is 86.
and 18
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:35:43 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »
Orbital shipyards - Temporary Command Center

The spacious chamber of the Temporary Command Center was installed in one of the few sections of the (still incomplete) shipyard that had life support up and running.
It was a textbook case of function over form: lots of exposed cabling, a good number of general purpose computers repurposed into science, comms and all sort of workstations one would expect to see in a command center.

It was a visual mess, and yet, it was organized in a very peculiar way.

All stations were occupied, with a few Taurgit coming and going, carrying the few reports that needed to be delivered by hand, isntead of sent through the network.

One particular station was the center of attention for the moment...

"T minus 2 minutes for hyperdrive test..." said the officer, according to the readouts on screen.

Outside of the shipyard, in an area where there was no traffic sat the object of the test, a prototype frigate fitted with the latest iteration of the hyperdrive. It would be sent crewless in a trip to the farthest outpost in the system and then come back.

"T minus 10 seconds...9...8..7...6...5...4...3...2...1...activating hy-"

The officer didn't even have time to finish the sentence as the frigate was gone in a blur of speed.

"Hmm. It didn't explode spectacularly this time. That's a good sign." said another ranking officer behind the station. "Now let's see if it'll return and what will be the outpost's report".

Khafra Orbital Outpost

Slurp. Slurp. SLURP.

"Would you quit that?! It's awfully annoying!"

"What? I'm just enjoying my 'morning breakfa-' GAH!" said the "unruly git" just as the prototype hyperspace frigate appeared outside the window. Needless to say, he spilled his drink on his uniform and fell off the chair.

*Snort!* "Serves you right." said the other Taurgit. "Yes, right on time as planned. Now it should turn back and return..."

As if on cue, the frigate slowly turned around and sped off back towards the shipyard.

Orbital shipyards - Temporary Command Center

A loud cheer goes around the command center as the frigate returns intact.

"Well, that's it gentlemen, congratulations." said the "general" present. "Forward all reports to me. Prep the crew for the maiden flight to our intended target."

One week later

"Exodus End, you are clear to go. Have a safe trip."

"Thank you command."

There was barely a pause as the ship engaged the drive and was off.

Spoiler for Dice Rolls:
First: 60
Second: 91

Research:
FTL warp drive technology – 100% (yay!)

Military: Basic Frigate: 40%
Civilian:

Construction:
Military: Home world Orbital shipyards: 40%
Civilian:

Naval Construction:
Military: Explorer Shuttles: 49%
Civilian:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:04:02 PM by mikethor007 »
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2014, 06:59:17 AM »
The drive is activated, and it happens like before; stars and spacedust seemingly being pulled together as the fabric of space is molded and twisted, shaping into a bubble at first and then a passage. For a moment, just a moment the ship stand still in space, immobile and still, only to be enveloped by a bright, blue light the next. It shines brightly for a second and then it, and the ship, is gone.
(Main Planet: Bluish with polar ice caps, thin atmosphere, Resource Value 1)
The Ship arrived after awhile, logging its coordinates it observed a single star, it was yellowish and stable.

There was a simple asteroid belt orbiting the star many Astronomical units away,  nearer the star, in the "Goldilocks" Zone was a strange blue and grey planet. Upon closer movement to a safe scanning range, the Automated Frigate uncovered that the planet had trace amounts of cobalt and aluminum oxides, giving the surface its bluish coloration.

Both poles of the planet were ice capped, with water ice. The mountainous peaks of the planet lack the bluish coloration, being a jagged grey stone streaks on the surface.

The planet rotated at a slight angle allowing for differential weather systems in its light, but not thin, atmosphere. It was orbited by three dark Satellites, most likely captured asteroids. Further calculations predicted an 32 hour day/night cycle.

Out past the asteroid belt, very far out was a wispy haze of inert and useless gasses, and traces of helium if a slight nebula like formation, that was noticeable from the ice crystals scattered among them, glinting in the star light, like a reminder of some cosmic event.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:02:20 AM by LordNecross »

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2014, 11:50:13 PM »

And with these words the powerful warp engine kicked in and space and time knelt for the Kaveni captain and her 50 man crew.

Research:
FTL warp drive technology – 100%

Military: Explorer class Frigate: 60% (Imperialist bonus, +5% )
Civilian: Basic Quantum Entanglement communicator:  60% (Scientist bonus, +5
%)

Construction:
Military: Empress Valya Orbital shipyards: 50%
Civilian:

Naval Construction:
Military:
Civilian: Aqua class transport ships (15): 50%

Spoiler for Dice roll:
Random number is 86.
and 18
(Main Planet- Greenish and Earth sized, rich in minerals, Resource Value 4)
The ship made the jump, The Warp drives pulling it through space, destroying as it moved and recreating as it left. The Warp Bubble maintained for the whole voyage that took  a week or so, but soon they were at their destination.

The System had a light bluish star and many celestial bodies. Three terrestrial and two Gas Giants past a very dense Asteroid belt.  The terrestrial planet closest to the Asteroid belt was rather small, but unique in the fact that it was cracked and broken up, loosely held together by gravity, and still orbiting its star.

The other two planets seemed to be in a semi- Binary orbit around the star, one a grayish- dark planet with a thin sulfurous atmosphere that was two thirds the size of the its adjacent planet.

The main planet was a dull green, and had a relatively thin atmosphere, the green cause by Copper-oxides being present on the surface, the planet had many geological features made from celestial impacts, and active tectonics.

Initial scans suggest the planet is rich in mineral deposits.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2014, 12:48:04 AM »

One week later

"Exodus End, you are clear to go. Have a safe trip."

"Thank you command."

There was barely a pause as the ship engaged the drive and was off.

Spoiler for Dice Rolls:
First: 60
Second: 91

Research:
FTL warp drive technology – 100% (yay!)

Military: Basic Frigate: 40%
Civilian:

Construction:
Military: Home world Orbital shipyards: 40%
Civilian:

Naval Construction:
Military: Explorer Shuttles: 49%
Civilian:
(Main Planet: Blue(Ocean is) and shades of brown, Thick Atmosphere, Has clouds and a single large ocean, Resource Value 4)
Exodus End arrive in the system after roughly a fortnight, unaccounted for cosmic phenomenon slowing the journey slightly.

When they arrived the found a large purple tinged star that had around seven planets orbiting it. The orbited at varying distances, the few terrestrial planets nearer the star were not viable do to heat and radiation from the large star. This accounted for three terrestrial bodies, each varying in color from metal and rock exposed from high surface heat.

The most interesting planet was further from the star, in a relative safe zone, the planet was brownish and had two orbiting moons, most likely captured asteroids that had an oblong orbit around the planet, further scan revealed a single large body of water surrounding a super continent. Further calculations suggested that the asteroids orbiting exerted sufficient gravitational force to cause super tidal waves that could, if the calculations were correct travel hundreds of miles inland before receding. There were detectable traces of organic compounds along shore lines. The planet also had active weather systems, however no breathable oxygen, since plant life had not yet developed, even moreso so complex protein chains were absent for now. It seemed to also have mineralogical value as well.

The other three planets in the system were gas giants, two of the outer most were smaller and icy with blue and green hues, and the larger one had three intersecting rings and was yellow with orangish stripes.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »
Spoiler for R&C:
Research:

Horizon Drive (FTL): 50%

Military: Plasma Pulse Cannons (light)- 40%

Civilian: Nova Panamax-class Cargo Ship (increased trade capacity)- 40%

Naval Construction:

Military: Type 38 Valour-class Frigates (5)- 62% (+3% from Naval-focused Imperialist trait)

Civilian: N/A

Construction:

Military: Naden Orbital Shipyards (increased naval build capacity)- 40%

Civilian: N/A
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2014, 12:06:52 AM »
The holy city if Baal Hammon, as always, resonated with life. The plazas, the markets, the streets, the many restaurants and the countless houses and businesses spread about this enormous metropolis of metal, glass, concrete and marble. Families enjoying dinners or listening to the local radio broadcasts; men and women crowding shops and markets, buying or selling, but all haggling; children playing games such as tag, hide-and-seek, or sometimes Shinnish versus Heretic. No one ever wanted to be the Heretic; they always lost. All this was flowing through streets and houses while Qart Hadasht's merciless sun beat like a hammer against the city, just as it did the rest of the planet. But the Pheledioms paid little mind - their hides could not be burnt by the rays of the sun, and so they did not fear it. At most, they would seek shade when the heat became uncomfortable. The Days of Plenty were coming to a close, and the Days of Drought would soon take its place, the annual dry season following with it. Then, God would stoke the fires of the sun and force the Pheledioms to cower from the heat, and thus, cower and grovel before God. But the time was not yet, and the people of Qart Hadasht could still enjoy the sunlight for another few days.

Suddenly, the people of Baal Hammon heard a familiar sound all around them. It was a sound that brought them joy and warmth to the heart. It came from the many temples in the city, from the great towers that stretched up form the middle of the building. It was a vibrating resonance, created by the mechanical hammers within the towers beating the internal tower strings while hooks pulled at them, like the club of a piano striking its own strings and the harpsichord plucking at them, yet on a truly divine scale. The many temples of the city had been deliberately given towers of differentiating heights, with place for strings of various lengths and thicknesses, making the whole city play like an enormous, heavenly harp three time a day, every day, every year. But the beating and plucking of the strings were not unique of the Holy City. Pheledioms knew it, and it filled them with joy and warmth of heart. It was time to hear the words of God. It was time for sermon.

"Ibri'i, sha arammashu dannish, itti'a italla'ku kalu mar'tsatim."the priest spoke, his voice echoing through the temple interior, enhanced by the rounded walls and domed ceiling, reflecting off the golden patterns in the marble, as well as the beautiful and highly detailed paintings, as ancient as they are enormous. The temple was filled with citizens of Baal Hammon - men, women and children alike, like every temple in the city by this time. All were quiet before the words of the priest as he spoke, even the children, though they were silent more out of fear of punishment rather than actually understanding the importance of being quiet at this moment.

"Enkidu, sha arammashu dannish, itti'a italla'ku kalu mar'tsatim."the robed man continued. Most in the building knew these words already, they had heard them since childhood. They were the words of the Prophet - Mahatu the Messenger, as he spoke them to the three kings of Maguta.

"Father..."the young man said as he climbed the last step up to the stone balcony overlooking the main room of the temple, the balcony built and arranged as a room of its own, with a railing of thick marble stretching wall to wall, and with marble pillars supporting the heavy roof. The man's words were directed at a man standing by the railing, looking down on the crowd, a man far senior his own age. Father Orabas. Dressed in a dark red robe with an orange lining a few inches from the edge of the cloth. The robes of the Xafusum; the cardinals of the Temple.

"Why are you not attending the sermon, Esis?"Orabas quickly asked as the young man took a few steps towards him, still looking at the crowd, far too low down from where he was to hear either of their words.

"Forgive me, Father, but the Prophet said to listen to your soul, and my soul told me to not go before God while it was burdened."the young man, Xuris Esis, responded as he walked towards the elderly man.

Finally, Orabas turned around and looked at his disciple, the simple holy man in the white robe, his long, braided hair adorned by neither gold nor jewelry, or even as much as simple rings of iron. "What troubles you, my son?"he asked. His voice carried genuine concern for his young apprentice. It warmed Esis' heart somewhat, but it did not remove his troubles.

Esis walked all the way over to the railing and stood next to his tutor and guardian, and they joined each other in looking out the great room where the sermon was still taking place, the people all sitting in prayer with their eyes closed and their hands in their laps, at least those old enough to understand prayer. "Father,"Esis said after a moment of silence and doubt, "I do not feel as if this is my right place in life."he said.

"Esis,"Orabas said, not looking at the man, "Your place in life was decided the moment you were born. You are a servant of God."

"Yes, but I do not believe my place is here, in a temple, not even in Baal Hammon."

"Then where do you feel your place is, my Son?"Orabas said, turning his head to look at Esis, a heavy braid of hair falling from his shoulder down the side of his head as he did so.

Esis threw a glance at his tutor, their eyes meeting for a moment before the younger man turned his gaze away again. "They say we will soon have unlocked the ability to travel as fast as the light itself, travel beyond our star, bring our civilization to a new level of glory."Esis began. "An expedition ship is already being constructed, after which they will send it out to search for a world to claim as our own; to colonize. Following that, colonists will flood to this new world, once we do find it, and it will be found quickly, I feel it in my soul. Father, I wish to be part of the people travelling to the colonies. I wish to protect them as best I can, as a guard and as a shepherd. Keeping them on the path of God and protecting them against beasts wishing them harm."

The two men fell silent. After a short while, Orabas once again spoke. "Are you sure of this, Esis?"he asked. "Travelling to a new world is no small thing, and it has not even been found yet, so who knows how far it will be there. There will be no guarantee you will ever be able to return to Qart Hadasht."

"Father, I have not been more certain of anything in my life."Esis replied, now turning to look at Orabas, this time without looking away. The elder man met his gaze. "It is what I was born for, I feel it in my heart. The day will come soon, I am sure of it. Please, Father, let me do this."he pleaded.

There was another moment of silence, this one longer than the others. Orabas looked away. Over the crowd in the main room, on the great paintings on the walls, on the golden ornaments and patterns. He turned away and paced a few steps further into the room, before pacing back. Be paced back and forth another four times in silence, before finally turning back to the younger man. "Esis, you are still but an apprentice. You have not even completed your education and training as a holy man."he spoke. "I will let you go to this new world if it is what your heart tells you you were meant for, but if I were to let you go before you became a true shepherd, you might lead your flock astray. You will stay until your training is complete, whether that be before or after this new world is found, and then we will speak more."

A broad smile appeared on Esis' face, and his eyes smile equally wide. "Thank you, Father."he said, nodding his head at the elder man.

Orobas returned the smile. "Go on now, you have kept God waiting for too long already."he said as the young man started walking down the steps he had came, a new spring kept in each step he took. After he was gone from sight, the old man made another smile, before turning back to the railing and looking back out over the crowd.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »
The captain of the Exodus End blinked blearily, trying to clear away the glare of the transition to space. He gazed at the purple star for a couple of moments and then, as if someone that had just snapped from a reverie, searched on his uniform for a particular dataslate.

The screen came on as he touched it, showing a crimson symbol that was always associated with top secret information. A couple more moments went by as he waded through the authentication process and, finally, the slate showed the orders given for this particular mission.

"Hmmm, yes. Yes." he muttered. He scrolled through the document one more time to make sure and then turned towards his commanding officer.

"Fire off a probe towards each of the gas giants. We need to know their composition, particularly if there are gases present that can be used as fuel for fusion. Also, position the ship near the terrestrial planet so we can start mapping it. Fire a probe and have it scan the surface more closely, but keep it away from storms and the extreme waves present at the coastline. Make sure to note down all locations of significant mineral deposits... and any unknowns. We might need to get a sample back to the homeworld."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:08:59 PM by mikethor007 »
Toaster

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2014, 05:03:49 PM »
Tess Rega, captain of the first ship to successfully warp to a star lightyears away and member of the imperial Rega bloodline couldn't help but smile as the blue light of the foreign star illuminated  the bridge of her ship.

It didn't take long for her crew, all of whom were handpicked for this mission for their exceptional skill in their respective fields of science and engineering, to give her the basic information about the system they've warped into.

"I'm counting five major celestial bodies plus a huge asteroid field." Announced the Commander of intelligence.

"Two gas giants, nothing special about them on scanners so far, marking as low priority for more detailed scans" He continued after looking at his holographic display for a few seconds.

"Asteroid belt looks promising, but a lot of work to properly investigate, marking medium priority, marking third planet from the sun as general anomaly, suggesting immediate investigation, high priority."

As the Commander of Intelligence took a moment to read the information about the last two planets Tess nodded to the Commander of Navigation, he immediately turned to the Commander of Engineering to get the ship moving towards the anomaly.

"The two planets closest to the star appear to be in some sort of binary orbit, the biggest one is tectonic active, possible under asteroid bombardment and likely to be rich in resources, smaller one also looks promising but less so than the big one. Marking high and medium priority respectively." The Commander of intelligence finished.

"Thank you, prepare two general probes please." Announced Tess. "Launch first probe in orbit around the sun to monitor for anomalies and instability, launch second probe at the big planet in binary orbit, scan for the cause of the celestial impacts before dropping to the surface for general scanning for resources."

"Furthermore, I'm going to name this system when we know a little more about it, until then the Sun here is designated as A-1, large planet of binary system can be referred to as A-1a, small one as A-1b. and so forth with the rest of the planets."

With that out of the way Tess took some time to look and the information send to her from navigation, she was pleased to see that the KES Idda was already underway towards A-1c, the anomaly planet for closer scans to be carried out by the ship itself instead of probes.

"Also send a communications probe back home, tell them we've arrived safely and give them all the information we know so far about the system."

A probe much larger than the ones send towards the planets in the system flew out of the hanger bay before activating its one time use Warp engine to carry the information back home.
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
The captain of the Exodus End blinked blearily, trying to clear away the glare of the transition to space. He gazed at the purple star for a couple of moments and then, as if someone that had just snapped from a reverie, searched on his uniform for a particular dataslate.

The screen came on as he touched it, showing a crimson symbol that was always associated with top secret information. A couple more moments went by as he waded through the authentication process and, finally, the slate showed the orders given for this particular mission.

"Hmmm, yes. Yes." he muttered. He scrolled through the document one more time to make sure and then turned towards his commanding officer.

"Fire off a probe towards each of the gas giants. We need to know their composition, particularly if there are gases present that can be used as fuel for fusion. Also, position the ship near the terrestrial planet so we can start mapping it. Fire a probe and have it scan the surface more closely, but keep it away from storms and the extreme waves present at the coastline. Make sure to note down all locations of significant mineral deposits... and any unknowns. We might need to get a sample back to the homeworld."

The Gas giants were standard Hydrogen and Helium giants, with traces of other various gasses.

The planet though was rich in heavy and light metals as well as other various minerals, however there was a deposit every now and then of a metal they couldn't identify, it didn't register on their scans, and seemed to have veins under ground and a few exposed in mountainous regions.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »
Tess Rega, captain of the first ship to successfully warp to a star lightyears away and member of the imperial Rega bloodline couldn't help but smile as the blue light of the foreign star illuminated  the bridge of her ship.

It didn't take long for her crew, all of whom were handpicked for this mission for their exceptional skill in their respective fields of science and engineering, to give her the basic information about the system they've warped into.

"I'm counting five major celestial bodies plus a huge asteroid field." Announced the Commander of intelligence.

"Two gas giants, nothing special about them on scanners so far, marking as low priority for more detailed scans" He continued after looking at his holographic display for a few seconds.

"Asteroid belt looks promising, but a lot of work to properly investigate, marking medium priority, marking third planet from the sun as general anomaly, suggesting immediate investigation, high priority."

As the Commander of Intelligence took a moment to read the information about the last two planets Tess nodded to the Commander of Navigation, he immediately turned to the Commander of Engineering to get the ship moving towards the anomaly.

"The two planets closest to the star appear to be in some sort of binary orbit, the biggest one is tectonic active, possible under asteroid bombardment and likely to be rich in resources, smaller one also looks promising but less so than the big one. Marking high and medium priority respectively." The Commander of intelligence finished.

"Thank you, prepare two general probes please." Announced Tess. "Launch first probe in orbit around the sun to monitor for anomalies and instability, launch second probe at the big planet in binary orbit, scan for the cause of the celestial impacts before dropping to the surface for general scanning for resources."

"Furthermore, I'm going to name this system when we know a little more about it, until then the Sun here is designated as A-1, large planet of binary system can be referred to as A-1a, small one as A-1b. and so forth with the rest of the planets."

With that out of the way Tess took some time to look and the information send to her from navigation, she was pleased to see that the KES Idda was already underway towards A-1c, the anomaly planet for closer scans to be carried out by the ship itself instead of probes.

"Also send a communications probe back home, tell them we've arrived safely and give them all the information we know so far about the system."

A probe much larger than the ones send towards the planets in the system flew out of the hanger bay before activating its one time use Warp engine to carry the information back home.
(Note: The Larger planet in the Binary orbit with the small grey planet is the main planet, you are free to examine the gravitational anomaly of the third planet however)

A-1c had mostly heavy metals, as its core was exposed, however how it maintained its gravity was indeed anomalous, it would most likely be a curiosity for  years to come.

The large greenish planet was interesting geologically, its surface rich with light and heavy minerals, its sub surface magma was also highly active from the gravitational pull, among the fault line interest tectonic activity was constant, pushing rich minerals to the surface.

The Volcanic systems of the planet were active as well, and sub dermal cavern systems pinged back interesting results to the probe's scanner, some mineral was being detected they had not encountered before, in fact recent tectonic activity had cracked one of these caverns open, revealing it along a fault line.