Author Topic: OOC - Empires: The Orakan Wars  (Read 14782 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: OOC - Empires: The Orakan Wars
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 10:43:43 PM »
Use whatever allows us to crunch in numbers quickly. I dislike crunching numbers, and would like the process to be as quick as possible. Do it, peasant!

Here, quick and easy:

Battalion: 1 die

Brigade: 5 dice

Division: 10 dice

Corps: 15 dice

Sub-army: 20 dice

Army: 25 dice

Grand Army: 30 dice

As stated above each unit will have a point-based health value. The base building block will be the battalion and each battalion's point value and dice can be stacked:

Spoiler for Unit Statistics:
Militia Battalion (Light):

- Point Value of 1

- Cost: 5RP

Militia Battalion (Mechanized):

- Point Value of 3

- Cost: 6RP

Militia Battalion (Armoured):

- Point Value of 4.5

- Cost: 8RP

Conscript Battalion (Light):

- Point Value of 2

- Cost: 6RP or Conscripted

Conscript Battalion (Mechanized):

- Point Value of 4

- Cost: 7RP or Conscripted

Conscript Battalion (Armoured):

- Point Value of 5.5

- Cost: 10RP or Conscripted

Regular Battalion (Light):

- Point Value of 4

- Cost: 10RP

Regular Battalion (Mechanized):

- Point Value of 6

- Cost: 12RP

Regular Battalion (Armoured):

- Point Value of 7.5

- Cost: 15RP

Professional Battalion (Light):

- Point Value of 5

- Cost: 15RP

Professional Battalion (Mechanized):

- Point Value of 7

- Cost: 17RP

Professional Battalion (Armoured):

- Point Value of 8.5

- Cost: 20RP

Elite Battalion (Light):

- Point Value of 6

- Cost: 20RP

Elite Battalion (Mechanized):

- Point Value of 8

- Cost: 25RP

NOTE: All Conscript Trained forces raised through conscription will be disbanded at the end of hostilities.

NOTE: While you can build more than a battalion at a time, the larger unit cost will be determined by how many battalions it is composed of. For example a brigade has five battalions, so it will cost the same as five battalions. It is not advised you try to build anything bigger than a division.

Spoiler for Combat Example:

The Terran Coalition attacks the Vis Dominion with two brigades and four battalions. The Vis defend with one division.

Terran Coalition:

1 Armoured Brigade (2 prof mech, 3 prof armour): 39.5

1 Mechanized Brigade (2 prof light, 3 prof mech): 31

2 Elite Light Battalions: 12

2 Elite Mechanized Battalions: 16

Total: 98.5

Dice: 14

Vis Dominion:

1 Division

- 1 Armoured Brigade (2 reg mech, 3 reg armour): 34.5

- 1 Mechanized Brigade (2 reg light, 3 reg mech): 26

- 1 Light Brigade (2 reg mech, 3 reg light): 24

- 1 Light Brigade (2 reg mech, 3 reg light): 24

- 1 Light Brigade (4 mil light, 1 mil mech): 7

Total: 115.5

Dice: 10

Spoiler for Dice Roll (TC):
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 14d6 : 1, 4, 4, 4, 2, 2, 6, 2, 2, 5, 2, 1, 2, 2, total 39
Spoiler for Dice Roll (VD)[img:
http://game-iv.com/Themes/Game-IV/images/dice_warn.gif[/img] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 10d6 : 6, 4, 2, 2, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 5, total 33

Terran Coalition does 39 damage, Vis Dominion does 33.

Total:

TC: 65.5
VD: 76.5

Spoiler for Dice Roll (TC):
Rolled 14d6 : 6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4, 3, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 1, 2, total 47
Spoiler for Dice Roll (VD):
Rolled 10d6 : 2, 5, 5, 4, 6, 3, 6, 1, 5, 3, total 40

Total:

TC: 25.5
VD: 29.5

After a hard fought battle the Terran Coalition decides to retreat, leaving the Vis severely battered but victorious.

You just need a calculator at most. The IS will mainly be Militia with a few Regulars, the Serkonans will be mainly Conscript with a few Professional and Elite, while I presume the Orakans will have a healthy balance of Regular/Professional/Elite.

I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »
Also, Ragez said he would be excited to get to writing again, but now he seems to have vanished into the dark like a cave spider or something after making that one post. He's gone full Taliban.

Real Life stuff I presume.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »
while I presume the Orakans will have a healthy balance of Regular/Professional/Elite.
Don't think you've understood the Kekoti that well - the concepts of "Professional" or "Elite" don't exist in their world, neither do the ideas of rank and file. They don't even have what you would call a military. Hell, they don't even see this as a war. To them, it's just a series of headhunts with proper challenge. They just follow the biggest dude with the most dakka. The reason they can pose a threat against professional armies is because they are hard to kill without heavy weaponry, and because there are so goddamn many of them - not to speak of their use of stolen technology. Literally almost all males of their species are warriors, the only ones not fighting being the bullied little excrements who are too small to fight.

As stated in their wiki page; had it not been for their constant infighting and division, they would have been a serious threat to all of the known galaxy.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:04:51 PM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 11:08:07 PM »
Well, I guess there will be "Elite" Kekotis - those big dudes with the lots of dakka, who have managed to survive long enough to grow big enough to bully the others around. But that doesn't really make any organized elite forces.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 03:05:17 AM »
Don't think you've understood the Kekoti that well - the concepts of "Professional" or "Elite" don't exist in their world, neither do the ideas of rank and file. They don't even have what you would call a military. Hell, they don't even see this as a war. To them, it's just a series of headhunts with proper challenge. They just follow the biggest dude with the most dakka. The reason they can pose a threat against professional armies is because they are hard to kill without heavy weaponry, and because there are so goddamn many of them - not to speak of their use of stolen technology. Literally almost all males of their species are warriors, the only ones not fighting being the bullied little excrements who are too small to fight.

As stated in their wiki page; had it not been for their constant infighting and division, they would have been a serious threat to all of the known galaxy.
Well, I guess there will be "Elite" Kekotis - those big dudes with the lots of dakka, who have managed to survive long enough to grow big enough to bully the others around. But that doesn't really make any organized elite forces.

Okay, but I'm talking for the sake of the rules. Surely some warrior cadres would be considered superior to others? That could be an in-game explanation for the Training levels for them.
I'm back people...

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 05:57:35 AM »
Just a reminder Ragez is from Saudi Arabia so I don't think the "going full Taliban" joke is in good taste.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 08:09:55 AM »
Just a reminder Ragez is from Saudi Arabia so I don't think the "going full Taliban" joke is in good taste.
First off, the Taliban aren't Arabs - people from Afghanistan are mostly Pashtun, so there is no ethnic issue. Second, I would have said the same thing for anyone else here, and I believe that excluding jokes from certain people because they are from a certain group of somekind would only serve to further alienate that person and group further, whereas not excluding them from being made fun of in the same way puts them on equal level with te rest of us.

Besides, the only connection between Ragez and the Taliban are that they belong to the same religious group. Pairing the two together just because of that would just be putting a big stamp on both of them, putting them off as Muslims before being human beings. Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao Zedong were all Atheist, but that doesn't mean I see any connection between myself and them (granted, Atheism is a bad example because it isn't a religious group, but that was the only example available to me)

I.E., It's K. It not being K is a bad thing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:26:08 AM by Tobbs »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 08:28:39 AM »
Okay, but I'm talking for the sake of the rules. Surely some warrior cadres would be considered superior to others? That could be an in-game explanation for the Training levels for them.
That would work. But like all their groups, those ones would quickly tear themselves apart if the leader died.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 09:14:59 AM »
That would work. But like all their groups, those ones would quickly tear themselves apart if the leader died.

Yeah I can see that.
I'm back people...

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 09:27:46 AM »
First off, the Taliban aren't Arabs - people from Afghanistan are mostly Pashtun, so there is no ethnic issue. Second, I would have said the same thing for anyone else here, and I believe that excluding jokes from certain people because they are from a certain group of somekind would only serve to further alienate that person and group further, whereas not excluding them from being made fun of in the same way puts them on equal level with te rest of us.

Besides, the only connection between Ragez and the Taliban are that they belong to the same religious group. Pairing the two together just because of that would just be putting a big stamp on both of them, putting them off as Muslims before being human beings. Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao Zedong were all Atheist, but that doesn't mean I see any connection between myself and them (granted, Atheism is a bad example because it isn't a religious group, but that was the only example available to me)

I.E., It's K. It not being K is a bad thing.

Just trying to make sure no excrement-storm starts from someone taking something the wrong way, that's all.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2015, 07:36:36 AM »
Nah, still here =]

Just,

College  :(

I'll start posting things again once the game is started up, I will.  ;D
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 07:38:52 AM »
Just trying to make sure no excrement-storm starts from someone taking something the wrong way, that's all.
I am extremely offended by this and sternly request for Tobbs to apologise.

Well, I would be...if I wasn't one of the few Arabs in the world who would actually dress up as a member of the Taliban for my college's Halloween party  :ermm:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 08:51:00 AM »
I am extremely offended by this and sternly request for Tobbs to apologise.

Well, I would be...if I wasn't one of the few Arabs in the world who would actually dress up as a member of the Taliban for my college's Halloween party  :ermm:

Holy excrement that's great

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 08:05:58 PM »
Nah, still here =]

Just,

College  :(

I'll start posting things again once the game is started up, I will.  ;D

Promises, promises.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 02:19:38 PM »
Well, shall we see if we can get this started, then? Just pick whatever factions you all want to control, I'll punch that into the OP, and then let's go. You can take charge of as many IS nations as you want, as long as everyone gets at least one. I will personally control the following factions:
Narahe Federation
Republic of Teck
Xerath Hegemony
Erladarlan

That is unless anyone else would want to try any of these out; in that case, it is up for discussion. I am also the main controller of the Oraka Dominion, but that control can be granted to anyone who wants it when it's time for me to fight them.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 06:33:06 PM »
Well, shall we see if we can get this started, then? Just pick whatever factions you all want to control, I'll punch that into the OP, and then let's go. You can take charge of as many IS nations as you want, as long as everyone gets at least one. I will personally control the following factions:
Narahe Federation
Republic of Teck
Xerath Hegemony
Erladarlan

That is unless anyone else would want to try any of these out; in that case, it is up for discussion. I am also the main controller of the Oraka Dominion, but that control can be granted to anyone who wants it when it's time for me to fight them.

Alright, but remember only a few worlds are "civilized", the rest are frontier backwaters, most worlds of the IS have only a few hundred or thousand people. Final tally for total IS population is probably around 150,000,000.

The worlds you mentioned in the OP are the only IS civilized worlds, that is to say the only ones with a population in the millions, a Regular-trained military (still mainly Militia even then) and major cities.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:35:27 PM by Grif101 »
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2015, 08:38:54 PM »
Alright, but remember only a few worlds are "civilized", the rest are frontier backwaters, most worlds of the IS have only a few hundred or thousand people. Final tally for total IS population is probably around 150,000,000.

The worlds you mentioned in the OP are the only IS civilized worlds, that is to say the only ones with a population in the millions, a Regular-trained military (still mainly Militia even then) and major cities.
Which means we don't even have to count up the other ones, as they're all gonna get evacuated or wiped out before the end of this.

Also, it's nations, not worlds. Some IS factions have several planets, such as Syra. The first Kekoti attack was on the Syran world of Ashur.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 01:40:47 AM »
I'm taking over New Efferon

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 08:42:17 AM »
Which means we don't even have to count up the other ones, as they're all gonna get evacuated or wiped out before the end of this.

Also, it's nations, not worlds. Some IS factions have several planets, such as Syra. The first Kekoti attack was on the Syran world of Ashur.

Nooo, when I created the Independent Systems, each state only had one world under their control. That's the point, the Independent Systems are populated by settlers who don't want to create multi-planetary nations or empires, they just want a little land to call their own and get away from the bureaucracy and control of the major powers. They don't have the coordination or will to organize and control multiple colonies, the Independent Systems as an organization is just a very loose association of independent states, more like a very watered-down UN than anything. Heck, the groups mentioned above are really the only states in the IS, the rest are just scattered towns and communities keeping to themselves except to trade.

A good example of what I was going for is the outer worlds and moons of the Firefly Universe, with the IS being based off the Independents Faction of the war.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 08:52:31 AM »
Nooo, when I created the Independent Systems, each state only had one world under their control. That's the point, the Independent Systems are populated by settlers who don't want to create multi-planetary nations or empires, they just want a little land to call their own and get away from the bureaucracy and control of the major powers. They don't have the coordination or will to organize and control multiple colonies, the Independent Systems as an organization is just a very loose association of independent states, more like a very watered-down UN than anything. Heck, the groups mentioned above are really the only states in the IS, the rest are just scattered towns and communities keeping to themselves except to trade.

A good example of what I was going for is the outer worlds and moons of the Firefly Universe, with the IS being based off the Independents Faction of the war.
Well geez, shoulda said so earlier foo'.

And I've never seen Firefly, remember? And I never intend to, so I have no idea what you took inspiration from.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »
Well geez, shoulda said so earlier foo'.

And I've never seen Firefly, remember? And I never intend to, so I have no idea what you took inspiration from.

You've never seen Firefly? Damn Tobbs, you're missing out.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »
You've never seen Firefly? Damn Tobbs, you're missing out.
That is almost exactly the same thing as what you said the last time I told you I hadn't seen Firefly...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2015, 04:46:55 AM »
That is almost exactly the same thing as what you said the last time I told you I hadn't seen Firefly...

I clearly don't remember you mentioning it before, but okay.
I'm back people...

Offline True Evangelion

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »
I really want to control a faction of soldiers cut off from their main supply, marked as MIA so basically it's just them. Mainly I just want observers who get sucked in to the conflict.                                       

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 01:53:56 AM »
I really want to control a faction of soldiers cut off from their main supply, marked as MIA so basically it's just them. Mainly I just want observers who get sucked in to the conflict.                                       
Again, I suspect it comes down to Grif to decide. He pretty much became the de facto GM when he claimed rule over the IS.