Author Topic: Frontier: Cold Shock  (Read 45587 times)

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier: Cold Shock
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2017, 01:28:21 AM »
Thada made a silent growl from the back of his throat as Zephirius got a little too close for comfort. Did Vis have no concept of personal space? No, that's not it - he never had any issues of the like when working with others of his kind back when. Was he just socially inept? No, not that either. In fact, he realized, it was very much deliberate. Was he trying to nudge out some kind of reaction? Bah, no matter. What this weird Vis wanted or thought about wasn't all that important in relation to what he had just been told by the weird Human. He looked at the other operatives that were still in the room.

"So let me get this straight,"he said, working to put on his blue field jacket while he spoke. "We're gonna save the galaxy from some kind of angry half-animal-half-fungus aliens who can basically control reality with their own stupidity, whose guns only fire because they think they will, and who's got basically magicians amongst them? And to cancel out those magicians, our boss is some sort of anti-mage who can pop our heads just by taking off his headband? Excuse me, but is no one else seeing how utterly gently-carressed this is, or am I just the crazy one?"he asked, making a sweeping gesture at all of his now-colleagues.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:37:43 AM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2017, 02:05:23 AM »
As soon as the meeting ended, Khrelan picked up his datapad to make notes. He also downloaded what he could from what the ship's AI made avalable, to start studying where he could hurt orks the most. It would not do to shoot them and keep missing the important parts. Sometimes striking the enemy down decisively is the only way.

He also did notice the Vis's "provocation".

Douchebag. He thought. But forgot that the Vis was not the telepathic one.

He fiddled with his sidearm, but left it clipped at his hip.

"Excuse me, but is no one else seeing how utterly gently-carressed this is, or am I just the crazy one?"

"It is utterly gently-carressed up. " said Khrelan while looking at Thada. "But better to know that right now and up front than later."

He got up, intending to go back to his cabin to study the files.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2017, 05:17:51 AM »
Neal felt Zephirus brush up against him, and noticed as he did it against the others too. Neal was a keen observer of both human and alien nature. His training in ALIINT ops, dealing with aliens on a personal level, whether it was recruiting spies or counter-espionage, had given him insight into the psychological and physiological tells and quirks of various alien species. So when he saw Zephirus seem to intentionally invade everyone's personal space, like some kind of special needs person in need of attention, he was able to see that Zephirus, the ruthless personality, was probably power-playing everyone in the room. Neal felt sure of this when Zephirus started sucking up to Ailuin like the galaxy's weirdest teacher's pet.

Neal personally felt it funny that the schizophrenic Vis was resorting to such classroom tactics. However he also knew that this would pose a problem, the Vis clearly felt it didn't need to work with anyone here, and it's actions could cause conflict and division within the "team". He had seen corporals try similar bullying tactics, currying favour with the officers and senior NCO's at the expense of everyone else. Usually however the sergeants and officers saw through this and put them in their place rather quickly. Neal would have to do the same, if Osiris didn't.

Neal got up, ignoring Mittens and Dino's remarks, and calmly walked over to where Zephirus was standing, before saying with a plastered smile "While we appreciate your...enthusiasm over our assignment Zephirus, do recall we all have a stake in this. So remember that you're part of a team, so do remember to play nice with everyone, otherwise The One Who Must Not Smile might need to have a word with you, or even worse put us through some clichéd team-building exercise."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:50:45 AM by Grif101 »
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2017, 05:38:18 AM »
With the meeting now over, The Doctor took a moment to lift up his Tablet to run a quick diagnostic on its Telepathic Transceiver given it had disconnected from him after the Osiris incident. That said, the diagnostic was more about getting data so he could analyze what exactly happened than to search for hardware errors. When the diagnostic began, Ailuin was just beginning to stand up when Zephirus made his way over to him and began speaking directly to him

"Doctor," He spoke, ignoring Khrelan's winces and the stares of the others, "would you like to examine the Ork physiology data with me? I fear as though we're the only ones on board who would truly benefit from the information..."

Standing up, he now turned to Zephirus and smiled at the last portion of his comment before beginning to reply. "I was actually on my way to the Science Bay to do exactly that." The doctor pausing for a breath. "Your company would be more than welcome, especially now that the bay has been retrofitted to better handle the biological sciences". he had paused, waiting for Zephirus to reply when

Neal got up, ignoring Mittens and Dino's remarks, and calmly walked over to where Zephirus was standing, before saying with a plastered smile "While we appreciate your...enthusiasm over our assignment Zephirus, do recall we all have a stake in this. So remember that you're part of a team, so do remember to play nice with everyone, otherwise The One Who Must Not Smile might need to have a word with you, or even worse put us through some clichéd team-building exercise."

Ailuin looking at him through the corner of his eye with an annoyed look on his face  waiting for him to finish his rant before speaking up.

"Excuse me Neal, I believe I was talking to Zephirus just now. Either get in line and wait your turn or go and do something productive with your life like going over the information Aesen released... or in your case going over them again given how humans tend to stick together." The doctor pausing for a moment, unsatisfied with his previous remark.

"Now, given we are no longer required to stay within this room I will be taking my leave to better analyze these documents and figure out some way to allow us to harm these creatures en masse. If you were smart, instead of following your warmongering-genes to fight... you would do the same."

Completing what he had to say, the Doctor simply began to walk out of the room
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:26:15 PM by killer rin »

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »
Freya had remained seated after Osiris dismissed everyone, further studying additional information on the Orks on her omni-tool. But she looked up when she heard the Vis talk.

"Doctor," He spoke, ignoring Khrelan's winces and the stares of the others, "would you like to examine the Ork physiology data with me? I fear as though we're the only ones on board who would truly benefit from the information..."

She shook her head is annoyance has this guy not worked together since middle school? she questioned silently does he think anyone is impressed by such a provocation? she was about to turn her attention back to her omni-tool when she noted the body language of Neal, Khrelan and Thada; the people Zeph had passed behind in order to get closer to Ailuin. They looked seriously annoyed, clearly some other provocation had taken place that she hadn't noticed working on her omni-tool.

Excuse me, but is no one else seeing how utterly gently-carressed this is, or am I just the crazy one?"he asked, making a sweeping gesture at all of his now-colleagues.

Freya nodded in agreement with the Iko, who had obviously already put the incident behind him. These Orks were indeed totally unlike any enemy she, or anyone in the galactic community had faced before. But her predatory eyes remained focused on the Vis, and Neal who just stood up to confront the Zeph's challenge.

"While we appreciate your...enthusiasm over our assignment Zephirus, do recall we all have a stake in this. So remember that you're part of a team, so do remember to play nice with everyone, otherwise The One Who Must Not Smile might need to have a word with you, or even worse put us through some clichéd team-building exercise."

An instinct from her many years as an NCO kicked in. Most Kaveni who joined the Void Shakers already had years of military service behind them but still on occasion she would have to work with new initiates who felt to need to 'prove their strength' by provocation and intimidation. They all quickly learned that such behavior had no place in an elite military unit, just as it has no place among the professional mercenaries Freya worked with after her military career. Sure, such practices were common among cheap mercenaries, but those people are just up-jumped thugs; only good for looking though and extorting civilians. Without even thinking about it Freya stood up too, lending strength to the 'correction' issued by a commanding officer towards the disobedient soldier.

"Umm, Freya right? Do you want to join me? Instead of sit here and listen to this argument."
"Sounds fun, I'll be right out." responded Freya, who despite her cheery response kept her attention on the confrontation taking place before her.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:28:56 PM by wisekill1 »
Boo!

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »
Ursea watched Osiris leave, despite what had happened she still though he was a hunk, but she was a bit more conflicted now. If stuff like this could exist then what other horrors awaited them in the vast cosmos. She figured she would take a look at the data later, as long as he gun killed orks, it wasn't too important to know their physiology entirely. At the moment she was more focused on the fact that she was sweaty and she had put so much thought into her look only for it to be ruined unexpectedly.

She looked around seeing the argument unfolding and the Vis acting like a child, then she saw Neal stand up to chastise the Vis, rightly so to be honest. She looked down to Suu-Suu whose blinking multi-armored lidded eyes looked right back, "Hey Suu-Suu want to go swimming? Now that everyone has met you, I think its okay now. Just be a good boy, alright?"

Suu-Suu perked up at the mention of swimming, immediately he rushed over to the door, he lifted his head up and looked back expectantly at Ursea, and tapped his large sharp point legs on the ground in anticipation.

She then looked at Freya, the Kaveni was the only other female on the ship so she felt a sorta need to make friends with her, so she crinkled her hands together a little nervously.

"Umm, Freya right? Do you want to join me? Instead of sit here and listen to this argument."

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2017, 02:09:59 AM »
Zephirus turned to look at Neal after Ailuin walked out of the room, "Neal..." He began, with a serious expression, "You're..welcome to join us if you'd like to, but..."

And... a smile, as Zephirus' tone shifted to a normal one, proving to Khrelan and the others that he was intentionally speaking in the unnerving tone just to mess with them.

"I wouldn't like to patronize you. There are going to be terms and ideas thrown around that will go over your head, so I do believe it would be best for us to stick to our respective strengths." Zephirus continued, shrugging his shoulders, "You can hold a gun steady! You would do best to capitalize on that talent."

Zephirus waited. Five...four...three...two...

Neal took a breath, and his eyes focused. He was about to speak.

"And frankly," Zephirus began, as soon as Neal began to move his lips, "I don't quite get why you seem so... eager to lecture and berate I and Ailuin. Us aliens have done nothing to earn your ire other than exist, which I do understand to be quite an issue to several humans of less... enlightened castes and backgrounds, Englishman."

Zephirus turned back, and instantly raised his PDA as a loud ping sound came in, signifying that the requested data had been downloaded onto it. He had actually started loading it midway through his last sentence, having previously imputed the word frankly as his release word for the data to start streaming in. The last word was always a critical advantage, especially when it didn't look forced...

"Ah, that'll be the data, then. My apologies, Neal. We'll have to continue this at another point." He spoke nonchalantly, looking to his PDA as he raised a single hand in apology, walking at a moderate pace to where Ailuin had left the room
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:36 AM »
Neal watched Zephirus walk off, noting the condescension in the Vis's words. Already Neal had learned a great deal about the crew, but decided to go over the info provided on the angry psychic ogre people first, prioritizing learning about enemy weaknesses first. But he could already tell this Vis was going to be a problem, it's utter lack of regard to the crew and antisocial tendencies more problematic than Allan's own anti-human bias even. The other aliens seemed willing to work together however, so Neal's biggest concern was morale. If this Vis continued to play power politics, it was going to end up being a liability.

Neal simply said "Remember Zephirus, this is a big boy mission with high stakes. Right now you can choose to be a liability or an asset, and right now you're leaning towards the latter. So choose wisely, because I won't tolerate liabilities on this mission."

With that said, and the implied warning clear, Neal went off to learn how to defeat an enemy humanity was not yet ready to face.
I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2017, 05:39:46 AM »
Neal watched Zephirus walk off, noting the condescension in the Vis's words. Already Neal had learned a great deal about the crew, but decided to go over the info provided on the angry psychic ogre people first, prioritizing learning about enemy weaknesses first. But he could already tell this Vis was going to be a problem, it's utter lack of regard to the crew and antisocial tendencies more problematic than Allan's own anti-human bias even. The other aliens seemed willing to work together however, so Neal's biggest concern was morale. If this Vis continued to play power politics, it was going to end up being a liability.

Neal simply said "Remember Zephirus, this is a big boy mission with high stakes. Right now you can choose to be a liability or an asset, and right now you're leaning towards the latter. So choose wisely, because I won't tolerate liabilities on this mission."

With that said, and the implied warning clear, Neal went off to learn how to defeat an enemy humanity was not yet ready to face.
Zephirus walked forward without hesitating, his hand raised in a parting farewell.

He walked through the hallway to Ailuin, waiting until he was far out of eyesight or hearing range.

He dashed to his room, slamming into the metal door before it opened for him before picking up the dagger on his pillow, berating Zeph in a microsecond for keeping it at such an open place before sliding out the vibroblade and-

NO.

STOP.

DON'T.

Zephirus fell to his knees, gripping the vibroblade tightly. "Zephirus, I know I promised not to use the nuclear option, but..."

"You've re-attained your rationality, stop IMPEDING on mine!" Zephirus thought back with a frenzy, slowly rising up to his feet, "We...have...to..."

"It was just a threat. Stop being silly." Zeph thought back, giving a rare frown as he crossed his arms in the mental space, "We're going to die if you kill him. You're not being reasonable. You promised we wouldn't be dissociative."

"We're being watched right now. The A.I knows I rushed to my room for the knife. We're already gently-carressed."

"So do the smart thing, drop the knife, and make nice with the scientist."

"...Do I have to tolerate the others?" Zephirus thought back, remembering the idiotic Iko who couldn't see the reasoning behind the Cleansing of Shura, the frustrating Kaveni who stood against him, the coward lion who didn't stand against him...

"No, let me do that. You've done enough." Zeph thought back with a sigh, patting Zephirus on the metaphysical back "Listen, they're all nice peeps. I think they understand not to gently-carress with you know...so you don't have to antagonize any of them. If Neal tries to mess with you by asking you to show yourself again, you have my permission to fight him..."

With that, the crystal reverted back to azure. Zeph rose from his knees, sliding the knife back into its sheath before placing it inside his desk. He still didn't want to kill the Orks...but he sympathized with the need to give his galaxy time to prepare for them. It wouldn't do if the green dudes just stomped everything that he's ever known.

He walked out of the room, walking through the hallways with a smile on his face before sliding into Ailuin's room. By force of habit, he walked without making a single sound, surprising Ailuin as he tapped the scientist on the shoulder. "That's for covering for us back there! You're a nice guy!" Zeph exclaimed with a smile and a slight laugh
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2017, 08:56:01 AM »
"Great! I am going to go get my swim suit on!" She said as she got up and left as whatever had been going on seemed to conclude, she headed out the door following her overly excited Guttlouk as its lengthy body scampered at scary speeds towards the pool in the athletic center on that floor of the ship.

She was lost in thought as she walked down the hall and eventually passed through the rec area, she looked around, Suu-Suu having already passed her up. She wondered what this adventure would be like, how long would it last, and would these people she was working with get her killed. The sheer childishness she had just seen on display by the Vis was worrysome, and she knew the Ki'Jan doctor did not like the cute Human, Neal seemed to be rather sassy, but the way the Vis acted could be the most jeopardizing of all. Why had it been chosen to be apart of this ragtag crew?

She shook her head stroked her fingers through her long silky hair, as her other two hand rested in her jean pockets, "Spirits be with me... This is going to be the strangest job I have ever been on." She resumed heading towards the pool and the small locker area nearby. she had been wanting an excuse to put on one of her special order swimsuits for a while, even if no one else appreciated it, it was really for her benefit, as it made her feel good.

The swim suit in question was V shaped in the front, covering both of her breasts down the middle, but showing plenty of skin and cleavage. In the back it was only strings, and revealing her backside as well it being a thong one piece. The fabric was deep blue, and contrasted her light greyish orange skin, bringing out the orange in her skin more by contrast.

It felt good to be out of her sweaty clothes, she immediately bounded over to pool and dived in, she was literally a few meters away when she jumped. The low gravity on the ship, while normal for everyone else, made it very easy for Kurgs to perform ridiculous feats.

Suu-Suu was already swimming around beneath the water, blowing rings and swimming through them like some great insectoid sea-serpent. After she dove in, Suu-Suu began circling around her play fully until she surfaced.  He looked at her and clacked his mandibles a few timed before sticking his mouth in the water and blowing some bubbles.

She laughed, "You really missed the water huh? Its more fun without all Devig, and Ghurshet trying to eat us in the river." She said referencing the jungle rivers of her homeland, and a few of the aquatic predators found within. "This is a salt-water pool, refreshing!" She smirked as she laid back and floated, closing her eyes as Suu-Suu swam around the pool, enjoying himself.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »
Having left the room after the escalating tensions, Ailuin made his way to the elevator where he went up a floor and walked towards his room. Locking the door behind him as he stepped in front of the mirror and frowned. "Ugh" he began to himself in disgust. "I can't believe I vomited because of that." The doctor inspecting his wet suit for splash damage, ultimately deciding it would just be faster to strip out and get a new one.

The Wet Suit was the standard clothing of the Ki'Jannian people, and it was common knowledge that each one tended to show off a persons status. Royalty had a different Wet Suit from the Peasantry, The Imperial Family Line having a different one from that of the branch families. Military and Police had their own Wet Suits which displayed their status, theirs being thicker of course and having more pockets and interfaces to which to interact with their work equipment and armours. In general, each industry had different variations for their own styles which typically fit within three categories, Casual, Business and Formal. Thats not to say that Wet Suits standardized a single look within the Arcadonian Empire, in fact that would be quite the opposite as each status had an infinite capability for modification within their assigned designs.

As a Scientist, he too had his own attire of unique wet suits and given that Scientists were viewed highly within the Arcadonian Empire his Wet Suits fitted that description. His Casual Wear like all casual wear was thin and mobile, displaying the emblems and designs befitting of a scientist. He had even customized the colours of his wardrobe to match his preferences. This was similar to his formal wear, which was much more dressed up than he typically enjoyed wearing.

Of course, the clothing he enjoyed the most was his Business Wear. Given his high status and unique position of authority he was allowed a certain degree of customization to his wet suits, something he put to great use with his business wear. The base design was that of the traditional High Classed Scientist garb which contained an attachable breakaway lab coat element built into it to it to protect the base suit from damage. Where he had taken liberties in modification was with his merging certain elements of the Colonial Security Wet Suit into it.

All of this meaning, the suit was thicker in certain areas to protect him in an unarmed or knife fight, contained attach points where he could attach armour if he so chose to and the part that he enjoyed and found the most usage out of being the additional secured pouches and magnetic hang points where he could store equipment or various other tools. It was truly a unique wet suit, one which from a distance displayed his high status and up close his achievements.

Throwing his previous one in the bin to be washed at a later date, he quickly put on the new one and once ready unlocked his door again and walked over to his desk to gather a few things before he made his way towards the science bay

He walked out of the room, walking through the hallways with a smile on his face before sliding into Ailuin's room. By force of habit, he walked without making a single sound, surprising Ailuin as he tapped the scientist on the shoulder. "That's for covering for us back there! You're a nice guy!" Zeph exclaimed with a smile and a slight laugh

When this happened, the Doctor spun around, ready to swing at the first glimpse of Neal if it turned out to be him. Thankfully however it was only Zeph and his composure softened in response. In this regard, Ailuin really did not enjoy that he had to dumb down his telepathic ability just for the sake of the crew. Through its passive ability of always being active he could essentially tell that there were nervous systems in his vicinity, but because he had to dumb it down to keep the other species from essentially kicking his ass with their superior strength he wasn't able to tell when one of them was sneaking up on him. It was this combination of events that allowed the situation where Zeph managed to sneak up on him.

It was a situation he did not like one bit, especially since he was used to always having a full situational awareness of everything around him.

To make matters worse, being a Ki'Jan which spent the majority of his time on an Arcadonian World, he wasn't exactly used to voicing his thoughts all that often. When interacting with other Ki'Jan it was simple. You speak enough to get the point across due to instinct and let Telepathy handle the rest and take care of any disagreements of thought. With other sentients however it was different. Not only did they not enjoy you probing around in their brain or in lieu of that, random voices that aren't theirs speaking in their thoughts; they relied entirely on physical and vocal communication to a fault. Not only that, but the tone of your voice and body language played a huge role in it as well. All concepts Ki'Jan interacting with Ki'Jan never had to worry about.

With Zeph speaking to him, Ailuin broke into a smile. "Thank you" Ailuin spoke pausing for a moment. "I never saw what happened exactly, but given Neal it was probably over something stupid. I just didn't necessarily think the team should be wasting its time fighting when we had all of this new and vital information to go over."

After this, the Doctor quickly switched topics. "Speaking of that, I was just about to head over to the Science Bay now so that we had hardwire access into the ship's systems to better analyze this information." The doctor pausing once again as he took out his tablet which he took out from under his arm and activated the holographic projector. On the holographic projector was a 3D model of an Orc with several areas coloured red

"Before that though, I remember you mentioning you are more interested into the portions of research which would allow you to more effectively stab something. Well, while I was gathering my items I had my tablet run a simulation on one of the pieces of data and this is what it came back with"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:04:20 PM by killer rin »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
Khrelan left the meeting room and the arguments behind. He absent mindedly looked at his pad to try and read the interesting bits of information about the orks. While doing this he went to his cabin. There, he locked the datapad in a safe and changed clothes into something akin to a "summer at the beach", t-shirt and long shorts. He then headed to the pool room to perhaps unwind and relax. He stopped at the door when he noticed that Ursea AND Suu-suu were sawimming around in the pool, arguing with himself if he should just walk in or perhaps back away, slowly so as not to draw too much attention.

"Ah, what the heck." he thought. "Don't intend to be the antisocial type".

He nonchalantly walked into the pool room and sat down in a... what he thought was a "lawn chair" at the corner, opposite to where Ursea was swimming. "Huh, so that's how a female Kurg looks in a swimsuit?" mused Khrelan to himself.

If anything happened he'd just break out his "smile".

Spoiler for smile:

Toaster

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2017, 02:31:27 PM »
Now that the unpleasantness in the meeting room was over Freya went back to her room to change her clothes. In the elevator she realized that she didn't bring any special swimming clothes on this mission. So in her room she was left with a small dilemma, after thinking about it for a second Freya decided to just keep on the floral pattern shorts she was already wearing under her pants.

Spoiler for "How do shorts work with a tail?" Like this. I'm changing the scales though:

She grabbed a towel too and took the elevator back to the second level. Freya felt a bit unnerved walking around the ship only wearing some shorts but the halls were mostly empty. She passed Neal but Freya could not read the expression on his face, the Human only showed the emotions that he wanted other people to see, that much was Freya sure of.

When she arrived at the athletic center she saw Khrelan sitting under a sun lamp with his eyes closed and a weird smile, Ursea was already in the pool; and so was her pet. "Hey" Freya said as the opened the door and made her way to the side of the pool. She eyed Suu-Suu suspiciously for a second, as the beast swam around but got in the pool anyway.

Freya dipped her head underwater and completely submerged herself a couple times before letting out a sight of satisfaction and allowed herself to float around on her back on the salt water.

"Ursea right?" Freya asked "How are you doing?"
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »
Neal made his way back to his quarters, passing Lizard Woman as he did so but he paid her no mind, as he was poring over his field tablet over the intel provided to them about the Orks. While the artificial bipolar psycho and Dr. Git chummed up, and Lizard Woman went swimming with Ursea the Shy and Suu-Suu the Lovable Abomination, Neal decided to spend his time learning about the enemy. He entered his quarters, locking the door and then sitting on his bed as he wirelessly connected his tablet to a screen on his wall. Neal's quarters were rather spartan compared to the others, he had his bed, a card table in the centre of the room, a 10" screen on the wall along with a few posters of his favourite classics: Deadpool, Firefly, Gears of War and Frontier: The Void. They also included some of his favourite characters, Baird, Malcolm Reynolds, Wade Wilson, Jayne and Admiral Stukov. Neal's civvies meanwhile were pretty standard amongst humans, wearing a simple pocketed vest over a grey t-shirt, along with dark blue jeans and some sneakers as well as his favourite Belltower cap.

As the intel streamed onto his screen, he internally reviewed the briefing that had transpired a few minutes earlier. The Iko, Kaveni and Taurgit all seemed experienced and competent, the Iko had a temper but he seemed to have it under control. Mittens and Lizard Woman were quiet, and he had noticed Mittens kept mostly to himself. To Neal they formed the most obvious combat element of the crew, they seemed to get along and he could tell they knew what they were doing. The Kurg was definitely an exception among her species, shy and seemed unsure of herself, and was also fascinated with human clothing fashion. Her pet insect was a little alarming but appeared tame, at least when its master was around that is. Her dossier seemed to indicate she was an expert marksman and hunter however, so Neal mentally considered her as the crew's combat support element, an expert survivalist and sniper would prove valuable. Then there was Allan and the bipolar Vis. Allan was definitely anti-human, and had made every effort to avoid Neal, and the few times he had addressed him he had done nothing to hide his scorn. He would prove difficult to work with, but seemed eager to work alongside the other aliens however, Neal would use that leverage when he had to. He also had to be careful to keep up his mental chaff, in case Allan decided to go poking around. Allan fit into the support role in Neal's mind, bigotry aside he knew of Allan's reputation in his field, and knew he would be de facto head of their makeshift R&D. The Vis however was to Neal the biggest problem, the Zeph personality seemed carefree and irresponsible, it seemed more interested in fun and games and Neal doubted he was taking things seriously. Then his even more problematic other half, Zephirus, seemed to have no regard for anyone but itself, and seemed more interested in establishing dominance than cooperating. Neal would have to keep an eye on Zephirus, make sure he didn't jeopardize the mission. In Neal's mind he was a wild card, to be watched but perhaps had some value yet. Osiris and the AI...Neal had no idea what to make of Osiris yet. The AI just seemed like an asshole.

Putting those thoughts aside, Neal put his full concentration on the information before him. He was sure the good doctor would be looking into the Orks physiology and biology, so Neal instead went over their tactics, strategies, society, sociology, psychology, their hierarchy as well as anything he could glean from their latent psychic talents. How were they organized? How did they fight? What were the specifics of their hierarchy? How did their society function? Were there divisions among them? How did they think? What did they eat? What was their preferred habitat? What was their level of technological advancement? What was their economic system like? All these and more were questions Neal attempted to find answers to as he began taking notes, looking for weaknesses and just generally trying to understand his enemy.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2017, 12:58:02 AM »
The Iko growled in annoyance as he exited the meeting room. That ordeal with Osiris had left him almost as sweaty as he had been just after his workout. He grunted as he felt his shirt hug his body with that disgustingly wet, sticky feeling. He needed a shower. Again. Thada headed towards his quarters, passing Neal on the way, though he seemed to be preoccupied. Not that he’d want to talk to that ass right now.

He entered his room and started rummaging around his clothes. His room was very simple by Iko standards, with very little decorations and completely lacking the many artworks that usually filled an Iko home, which always drew out a low, disappointed sigh from Thada. It had the usual large, open space, however, and it had a small shrine of stone in the middle, as per usual. Directly to his left, a large, flat screen hung on the wall, and in front of that was a low table with a single cup of solid stone. Further in was Thada’s hammock, which hung in the inner right corner. On the wall next to it were his drawings pinned up in an effort to fill up the empty space. There were in total over two hundred drawings, depicting landscapes, armours and weapons he had imagined, attempts to draw all the known races, including the Pheledioms, to varying degrees of success, images from differing Iko mythologies, and more. Many of the works dated back years, but a few had been drawn during the time Thada had spent on the ship. In the opposite corner was a simple cabinet where he kept all his civvie clothes.

After a short digging, Thada took out a new, white shirt, taking off his old one along with his jacket and throwing them in his hammock, still growling silently to himself. He turned around and was about to leave, when he looked at the shrine in the middle of his room. It was a small,simple construct, made first of a thick slab of solid stone, square in shape and with slightly heightened edges. In the middle of it was a square-shaped pedestal that formed into a cage with a hatch, and on top of the cage was another, smaller slab that formed a roof. The whole construct was surrounded by small, red pillows. Within the cage there was supposed to be a flame burning from a deep hole in the pedestal which was to be filled with oil. For a moment, all of Thada’s frustrations were set aside, as he noticed the flame had burned out.

Kneeling down in front of the shrine and resting his knees on the pillows, Thada opened the hatch on the cage while he took up a large pitcher with a long, thin spout, and filled with clear, orange oil. He poured the pitcher’s contents into the hole inside the the cage until he saw it almost reaching the top. Taking a small wick that lay by the side, he lighted it with a lighter he had in his pocket, and poked it into the hole. Immediately, a small, yellow flame erupted from the hole, and a faint, pleasant smell started emanating from it. Thada put out the wick, closed the cage hatch, then got up and went out the room again.

Coming back into the Athleltic Centre, the Iko’s frustrations quickly returned as he saw that Ursea had brought her horrible “little” pet with her into the pool. And Freya was somehow willing to get into the water with it. Fine, wasn’t his problem if she got her legs nibbled off. That bug, though…

“Hey!” Thada yelled as he walked past towards the showers, once again shirtless. ”Your paintrain better be housebroken! I don’t want to see those drains clogged up with toxic bug excrement!”
He wouldn’t wait for a response. His only intention was to get himself washed off. He barely even noticed Khrelan creeping on a chair nearby.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 01:10:55 AM by Tobbs »

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2017, 02:29:02 AM »
"You know what," Zeph spoke, shaking his head as he looked at the data, "This is silly. Word processing using translation software is entirely inefficient."

Zeph tapped his chest, smiling softly.

...Five seconds later, as Ailuin looked on in confusion, he tapped his head, where most sentient lifeforms had their thought processing abilities.

================================================================
The doctor smiled warmly in return as he immediately picked up on this. For Ki’Jan tapping one's head was generally considered the universal signal for telepathic communication. So on this signal, he immediately opened up a telepathic link to Zeph’s mind.

Compared to Telepath-Telepath communication, the process between a Telepath-Non Telepath was a little different and slightly more complex as he had to keep the communication flowing both ways instead of only in a single direction; but it was nothing special or overtly complex. All it really meant was he had to read the other's fore-mind while sending his own thoughts in.

The initial Telepathic connection within Zeph manifested itself as an initial slight tingling sensation in his head, something owed to the process of connection. In fact if he wasn’t specifically paying attention to and expecting it, he would have missed it entirely. But after the initial sensation which quickly went away there was nothing to give the impression that the connection was still active.

With the connection underway, the Doctor shut off the holographic projector and instead piped the 3D model and accompanied information released by Aeson directly into their Telepathic communication tunnel. The two beginning their walk to the Science Lab while throwing thoughts back and forth analyzing the data
==================================================================

Feeling the connection, Zeph continued in his mind using the Ki'jan language out loud to voice out specific concerns as he read the data, "Gills imply oxygen dependence (inner reasoning (Zephirus): Asphyxiation possible, lung puncturing possible), high pain tolerance and very survivable (wounds of little importance), extreme regenerative ability not intelligent in nature (cannot bring its body parts together, but healing capability for smaller wounds must be similar to an Iko at the very least.)" Zeph thought, visualizing each possible lethal situation for the Orks for Ailuin to see, "Capable of re-attaching a decapitated head? That doesn't seem possible...unless the fungal cells of the Orkoid physiology can enter into a sort of hibernative state in states of extreme duress to prevent necrosis...wait, maybe..."

Looking deeper into the data, Ailuin immediately picked up on a blood analysis which was done on the creature's blood. Sending his information over the channel ”From the looks of it, the Orks have a green coloured blood with a high chlorophyll content within it. In that case it might be entirely possible that these creatures rely on some form of Photosynthesis. To what extent we would have to look into it, but it might be a starting place if that proves correct”

Every moment in Zeph's synapses felt like liberated thought, synapses flowing in smooth motions to utterly unconnected thoughts, wild conjectures sprouting from half-remembered memories and ideas...

"Necrosis itself rejected? (Inner thought: Autolysis process vastly different in Ork biology? No programmed cell death for Ork cells? {Replicative and chronological aging tests needed to prove the nature of Ork survivability}). Neurons most vulnerable, Ork death possible through extensive damage to cranial area proves neurological dependence..."

While all of this was going on, Ailuin had found a genetic scan of the Ork organism, beginning to go through the information with precision. It didn’t take long however for something to catch his attention, and upon skimming over the data further he was left with even more questions than when he started.

“I’ve never seen anything quite like this” he sent over the channel. “The genetic markers are ordinary, but the structure of it. It’s all jumbled and chaotic in a way that screams unnatural. Psionic creatures tend to have more specialized encoding within their DNA to allow themselves to manifest their psionic powers… but this is even more abstract than the most complex Psionic creatures”. The Doctor matched this up by sending several information bursts of some of the more complex Psionic creatures he had the chance to interact with.

Sparks of eureka flowed freely within Zeph's mind, like a floodgate of golden realization flowing down a river of possibility. The shared realization was felt across both minds as a shockwave of truth, eliminating all possible alternative theories one by one until only one hypothesis made sense...

”They have to be artificial. There is no other way around this. Biology alone wouldn’t produce something this chaotic.” Ailuin thought

"They’re designed." Zeph spoke with incredulity, grinning wildly, "There's...no valid reason why a fungal organism would need its thought processing ability to be located in the exact same place as an animal organism...every part of this biostructure...the design of its seemingly non-apoptotic phenotype cells...it screams intelligent design."

"Weapon." He, Zephirus and Ailuin thought, almost simultaneously. The echo of their combined voices in a single thoughtspace was almost disorienting for the trio of minds

It was at this point they finally made it to the Science Lab

[Ork Physiology(Minor)- Required]The information was rather preliminary, more time and effort to studying them would be required for more nuanced information, however it could easily be seen from even this that Orks were similar to many mammalian species, especially Earth Apes. However though, it was to be noted that they seemed part fungus and plant all at once, more study was needed to determine what sort of problems that could cause for fighting them. All in all though it seemed they had a heart, lungs, and a brain the places you would expect them, and those were obviously somewhere to aim, especially the brain.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:41:02 AM by killer rin »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2017, 06:12:03 PM »
He had't been able to rest like this for well over... years? A decade? Yeah, a decade seems more likely. It was almost always from one deployment to another. From one job, to the next job.

No holidays. No vacations. No time dedicated only to himself, louging around a pool, getting some well deserved R & R.

He knew, or rather guessed, that this was likely just the calm before the storm, that this "moment" wouldn't last long, so he took th opportunity to just laze around and do ... absolutely ... jack excrement.

He felt Freya come through and get in the pool, asking Ursea how was she doing.

He opened an eyelid, just the minimum ammount possible so he could see what was going on.

So, that's what a Kaveni female looks like in a ... bathing suit? thought Khrelan.

And then:

“Hey!” Thada yelled as he walked past towards the showers, once again shirtless. ”Your paintrain better be housebroken! I don’t want to see those drains clogged up with toxic bug excrement!”

Buzzkill. Way to kill the vibe.

Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2017, 07:38:12 AM »
Ursea stopped floating and swam a bit closer, gliding through the water quickly, swimming in lower gravity was interesting, it was like being weightless. The only thing that was more weightless than that was the void outside the ship, but that did not matter at the moment.

Freya was interesting, she had never seen many Kaveni Females, and she had definitely never seen any Kaveni out of their clothes.

"I am great, Suu-Suu is enjoying himself, he is harmless so don't worry. He only attacks if I tell him, or he senses danger." She smiled.

"You have very pretty scales, and good hips. Its so weird not seeing breasts though on a female, I guess cause you aren't mammalian," She laughed making awkward small talk,"I err... anyways, thanks for coming, its pretty awkward being on a ship full of men... for the most part."

She dunked her head back under water and blew some bubbles knowing she was rather weird, she wasn't much of a people person, preferring the solitary life on a long hunt. That however did not mean she did not crave social interaction, but her always being perceived as the runt did not lead to great social skills.

"Anyways, what do you think of the rest of them-" She started as Thada decided to shout at her.

She  looked over at him incredulously, "What do you mean? do you imply I am not a good Gessat trainer?" She just shook her head and returned to relaxing in the water.

"Suu-suu is a good guttluok, I trained him well... I hope everyone grows to like him...I didn't want people to get scared. I guess its just cultural differences." She said mostly to herself.

Suu-suu had not paid any mind to the current  happenings, but he had noticed his name. Being a beast and a pet, it did not have a universal translator so it only heard the crew's native tongue. It however responded to tone of voice and what it could sense, such as heart rates and the subtle scents of hormones. This requirement though meant it had little regard for the Vis, as it appeared as little more than a moving object in the Guttluoks simple mind.

She looked over at the Suu-Suu who had finally crawled out of the water to relax in the artificial lights of the large room. "See he is gentle, he is not feral. Sorry I got sidetracked, I was going to ask what you thought of the crew."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:37:35 PM by LordNecross »

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »
"Good to hear" Laughed Freya, enjoying the warm water salt water as it touched the normally very dry skin between her larger scales on her neck and her torso.

"I know he is harmless, but still... He is very large." Freya swam around some more without any effort. Ursea noticed that the Kaveni remained afloat even if without moving, but didn't know if that was due to her reptilian nature of the the salt in the pool.

"Thanks." Replied Freya  to the compliment. "You look great too, evolution is funny like that sometimes; giving so many species in the galaxy breasts. They're nice."

"I think I've gotten used to working with men to be honest. We live in an egalitarian galaxy, but there is no denying that you find more males working in the military and as mercenary then woman. Is this your first time being part of a mercenary team?" Freya asked.

Freya looked over as Thada called out and interrupted their conversation, she kept her mouth closed and saw Khrelan still lounging in his chair; doing nothing.

"Neal, Thada and Khrelan seem to know what they are doing, as do you." Freya paused "I am not sure what to think about Osiris. I am kind of freaked out by him after that display earlier. As for Zeph and Ailuin... They are the odd ones here and seem to be drifting towards each other, let's just hope they're willing to put their preconceptions and baggage behind them and do their part in this little team."

"How about you?" Asked Freya "Got any good gossip you want to share?"

Ursea pondered for a moment, " Not really, I just want to enjoy the water for a bit, then I was going to head back to my room, make sure we are ready for the mission coming up. Its probably going to happen soon."

Ursea noticed Khrelen now that Freya had briefly glanced at him, she also decided not say anything.

"I think I will head back after a little bit longer." The Kurgeshan woman said as she laid back again to float some more.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:47:18 PM by LordNecross »
Boo!

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2017, 08:17:38 PM »
Khrelan got up from the chair and started doing stretching exercises. The ammount of crackling and popping that came from his joints was something fierce.

He looked around to see if Thada was still around. Didn't see him. Checked to see where Suu-suu was, so as not to have any surprises by bumping into the beast. Which seemed to be... relaxing? napping? out of the pool.

Khrelan didn't know how long it would take for Urseas's hunting beast to get used to the rest of the team, including himself, so he decided to play cautious.

Moving nearer the pool he greeted Freya with a short "Ta", bringing a fist toward his chest. "Hello Freya." He didn´t know how greet a Kurg, so he decided on "Hello Ursea. I hope that little outburst from Thada won't make you feel unwelcome here."

"Have a nice...er...swim."

He turned around and walked out of the room, heading towards his cabin. Perhaps he could fetch his sniper rifle and practice in the firing range.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:27:53 PM by mikethor007 »
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
It Begins
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2017, 08:00:19 AM »
A Full day had past since the briefing, the team was an interesting bunch to say the least and only time would tell if they would be functional together.

Osiris was currently in the bridge going over some intel for their first task, the crew had not been notified yet, but they had already jumped to the target system. The system in question was in the far reaches of the galaxy in unexplored space that had not been visited by any of the major species from which he picked his recruit. The system had a yellow phase star that was mid-life and the system included a few gas giants in its outer reaches with a very dense nebula cloud surrounding the entire system. The innermost part of the system contained three rocky planets, two of them were very close to the star and orbited in much shorter intervals than the third rocky planet.

This third planet was their destination, it was in the habitable zone of the system, giving it a rather temperate climate. It was easily seen even with normal telescopic optics that there was greenery on the surface of the planet. Further exploration of data Aesen picked up indicated the planet to have water in collections of lakes and rivers, with no seas or oceans except for one super massive lake on one side of the planet. It seemed to be the perfect garden world, temperate with a breathable atmosphere, something the orks would ruin merely by setting foot on the world.

Osiris looked at the data being projected in the bridge, “The orks have already landed it seems, its a small craft. This will be a good exercise for them, see if they are ready.”

“Master Osiris, I have detected an anomaly on the surface, I detected first with surface scanning equipment, but now that the clouds have moved a bit, its visually noticeable. It glints in the light.” Aesen observed as he pulled up an image that did indeed showed light reflecting off of what could be a metallic object.

“It appears to be partially buried in the ground, scans indicated the object to be at least a kilometer long. From what I can tell Its a ship.” Aesen finished.

“That has to be why the orks are here, but why in such a small group? We will need more information, but we can’t get that until Landing. Gather the team, tell them to arm themselves and to meet in the docking bay, we will take the drop ship down to the surface.” Osiris said as he walked out of the bridge and took the elevator down.

Aesen the spoke on the ships Audio System, “ All crew Members, gather your combat equipment and all other necessary items. Gather in the Docking bay, we will be descending planet side in the drop-ship shortly.”

With that the call had been made, it was time to test them.

Spoiler for Am I right, Marines?:

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2017, 08:30:49 AM »
Neal was laying on his bed going over the data on his pad when the call came out over the comms. Apparently they had arrived in their destination.

"Go time" Neal quietly said to himself as he put the pad down and began putting on his equipment. Neal quickly slipped out of his casual clothes, putting on his black BDU's taken from his storage space. He quickly then laced on his combat boots, before slapping on his body armour. The Commercial Combat Vest was based on designs used by the armed forces, and consisted of bare, blackened metallic plates strapped on his legs, forearms and torso, resistant to rifle-grade ammo as well as shrapnel. Next he put on his web gear over his armour, being sure to fill their pockets with ammunition, his field tablet, rations, water pack, his Combat First Aid Kit as well as his weapon maintenance tools. Next he strapped his combat knife to his chest, snugging it tightly before holstering his pistol to his outer thigh, racking the slide then putting on its safety before holstering it. He then picked up his GA-21 Pulse Carbine, opening up its body and inserting a clip, before closing it up with a satisfying *click*, setting the carbine to auto before switching on its safety. Putting the carbine down, he then slipped on his full helmet, the HUD lighting up as it began scanning and interacting with the environment, as well as interfacing with his armour and weapons, showing his biosigns and weapons status in the top left of his visor.

All this he did under four minutes, having years of practice getting ready for combat drops and insertions in an often short window of time. He did a quick pat down of himself, going over a mental checklist in his head to ensure he had everything, before leaving quarters and locking the door, then heading off in the direction of the transport bay, his boots making a distinct *thud* *thud* sound as he moved at a brisk pace, already mentally preparing himself to face off against what promised to be an...interesting opponent.

Spoiler for Neal's Armour, a cut down version of this:

I'm back people...

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
Zeph sat in his room, hooked up to his charger as he meditated, when the call finally came in...

The crystal glimmered orange for a moment, as Zephirus began to chant in Vispeak while slowly caressing his knife:

"Let life be fuel for the stars, so that stars may remain. Let each bolt strike true, and eliminate another spark from the raging fire. Let our knife stab into the deepest recesses of their soul, and eliminate all trace of the parasite we call life. Our existence has value, our life has meaning: Our fire burns brighter than the cosmos itself, for we are its savior and guardian, and the last fire to be extinguished shall be our own."

"Let it burn, let it burn, let it all burn to the ground. Stir the ashes, crumble the atoms, and return all to perfect symphony: For we are an abomination, and so is everybody else."

Zeph returned, crystal glimmering blue, as he smiled and slung his Zivine Particle Beam LMG around his shoulder with an electric camo strap. He strapped his knife to his waist, and strode out to meet the rest: Devoid of armor or any clothing whatsoever...all it did was slow him down, anyway. He walked over to the transport bay, grinning as he prepared to meet and greet the reason the galaxy existed in the first place:

Entertainment.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2017, 02:14:21 PM »
The skin was always the best part, Thada thought as he downed another chunk of the bird in front of him. That's where all the seasoning stuck, and where that wonderful crispy taste could be found. With the steel point in his hand, he slid off the golden-brown surface of one of the bird's legs, and quickly snatched it with his sharp teeth before swallowing it with a single gluttonous gulp. He took a moment to look around the mess hall again. Just like most other times he was there, he was alone, which he didn't really understand. Did really none of them eat at this hour, or did they eat inside their rooms or something? Bah, lunchtime is lunchtime; he doesn't need someone to interrupt his meal anyhow.

"All crew Members, gather your combat equipment and all other necessary items. Gather in the Docking bay, we will be descending planet side in the drop-ship shortly."

Thada looked up when he heard Aesen's voice. His face cracked up in a toothy grin. Finally, a good fight coming. And not just a fight, but actual combat. He'd mostly fought drunk troublemakers and cheeky wannabe thugs who thought they were something because they had knives for the last few years. This battlefield dry spell had gone on way too long. He looked at the still steaming-hot bird on the plate before him. Taking a last large bite out of the leg he was holding, Thada got right up from his seat and with brisk steps walked towards the elevator.

Going down to the bottom floor, he promptly entered the armoury. He wasted no time in getting equipped, starting with tearing off all his civvie clothes and throwing them on the floor next to him. He then worked on his combat suit - a tight-sitting, single-piece outfit made of a suit of thin super-insulating fabric covered by a sturdy layer of carbon nanotubing, which itself was covered by another layer of fabric that held the countless micro-electronics that would electronically connect all the pieces of the suit. On top of this were two dozen plates of varying sizes, made of some sort of ultra-light metal alloy that he didn't really know the science behind. On the large breastplate hung a smaller, thin, curved plate in three thin tubes. He promptly took this plate and placed it over his neck, and felt the familiar sting of the tubes piercing into his neck, connecting his arteries with the suit's internal adrenal pump. After this he quickly put his oxygen mask back on and took a few deep breaths to make up for the oxygen lost. The plates covered the vast majority of his body, but there were still spots here and there left bare so as to not compromise mobility. This was made up however, by the personal shielding that quietly hummed to life when Thada activated his suit's electronics. He cursed himself yet again for losing his helmet, as the shielding only went as far as the plates could sustain it. His suit only went up to his neck as well, which meant his head was completely exposed with no form of protection. He ran his finger once again over the largest scar on his face; they would not exist had he not lost that damn helmet.

Having put on his armour in a short three minutes, Thada then took the wristblades he had locked up nearby. He put clamped them onto his wrists, testing each by moving up his hand and watching as the long, thin blade shot out with a loud clang as the mechanisms pushed it out as fast as they possibly could. After that, Thada took out his trusty Stinger - the large submachine gun he had carried with him all these years. Loading in a full magazine and locking four additional mags onto the magnetic slots on his lower back, he then put it on safety and slung it over his shoulder, then went out the door, ready to report to the docking bay.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:09:45 PM by Tobbs »

Offline wisekill1

• wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
Freya hummed along the tune of an ancient Kaveni war-song as she undressed in her room and changed into her armor's undersuit. One by one she checked every compartment for being airtight, all seals ok. Freya walked out of her room with only her head uncovered by the form-fitting black carbon fiber and fabric suit.

Freya entered the elevator and made her way to the armory, still humming along with the song. She began attaching armor plates to her undersuit, starting with her torso and legs. The heavy armor itself wasn't airtight, this made it very easy to attach and reattach the plates. And it made sure that Freya could still use the suit without trouble even though half of the plates have been replaced somewhere in her long military and mercenary career. Finally, when every overlapping plate was attached she put on her gloves and helmet. The helmet was the only armor piece that made a seal with her undersuit. Now that Freya's body was completely removed from the ship's atmosphere she turned her attention to her weapons.

She took her assault rifle with an underside grenade launcher, Freya took a mix of explosive, anti-personal and flame grenades. As well as a few charges of heavy explosives. Finally she filled her remaining pouches with ammunition and various engineering tools. She made sure the water canisters build into her leg armor were filled to the brim.

Finally satisfied with her kit Freya got back into the elevator and made her way to the docking port.

Boo!