Author Topic: PbP Idea thread  (Read 54923 times)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
PbP Idea thread
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:53:17 AM »
Hey fellow forumites,

I just wanted to make a thread for posting various ideas on possible role playing games we could create in the forum. One thing that surprises me is I haven't seen a thread like this yet. Then again most of the RPers are more active on the other site.

A Major Idea I have had is for a Skyrim RP. If I had the time I would develop a plot or storyline for it. I have already seen a Elder Scrolls RP done on the other site, though it wasn't as successful. With all the excitement of thee game still going around another RP might be more successful.

Anyways I only mention this cause I had a really good Idea for a character.

Feel free to post ideas here. And discuss them, and find if anyone else is interested. As for the Skyrim RP, if someone else wants to make it go ahead, otherwise PM me if you are interested, and if I feel enough people are interested, it might inspire me to make a RP.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
Re: PbP Idea thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:09:51 AM »
I've had a lot of RP ideas circling in my mind. Most of them were trashed, and my zombie survival RP sadly died pretty quickly. But I have an idea to base of the classic that never gets dull.

Mercenaries. This will take place in a universe that resembles the one that will be in Prey 2. Realism will not be as much of a focus here, so you can use all kinds of crazy sci-fi stuff. Your character can be almost whatever race you want, and you can make your own if you want (which I will definitely do). If you are interested in this, PM me. If enough people are interested, I will develop sheets, rules and a concrete story.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 04:45:04 AM »
The Skyrim RP I have been thinking of. I have decided I will go through with it as intended. Only if I receive enough interest. Currently two people seem interested.

If I could get a few more then I will get to planning it all out As I already have an idea of what to do.

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 06:11:51 AM »
The Skyrim RP I have been thinking of. I have decided I will go through with it as intended. Only if I receive enough interest. Currently two people seem interested.

If I could get a few more then I will get to planning it all out As I already have an idea of what to do.
This man is interested.

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »

TES RP? Count me in bro
...scum.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:32:49 AM »

Me!
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 12:41:27 AM »
Sounds Good. I will get to planning it all out and setting up rules. The game will still be open to others for now. It is official though. I will make the official OOC thread soon, and add to it as i get things planned out.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 03:37:37 AM »
**Note to anyone making a PbP, make sure that you get the PbP GameMaster membership added to your account. It allows you the ability to edit and remove players posts within the game as well as give you near-mod privlidges within your game thread

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 04:02:43 AM »
I'd be interested in a TES RP, as well.

I may reuse a character, though, if that's okay. The game(s) he was made for never got off the ground, anyway.
"Any food that involves cheese is just an excuse to eat cheese." -Hannah Hart

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 04:30:01 AM »
Sure Muk. You can join. You can send me your sheet. I might use that kind of sheet. I will alter rules and such to play more like Skyrim though. It won't be nearly as in depth. Will try to make it fun and story driven, with combat mechanics. I will try to make combat interesting and not overly easy.

Gonna need to get some dice.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 06:35:45 AM »
Gonna need to get some dice.
Then I guess I need to learn how to play with dice.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 07:35:20 AM »
I will need the dice not you guys. :P

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 03:14:23 PM »
I will need the dice not you guys. :P

Still don't know how it works.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »
Still don't know how it works.
He will do all the necessary dice rolling.

Senhai: There are online dice rollers for all types of dice up to d100, if you can't manage to get a good physical set.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »
He will do all the necessary dice rolling.

Senhai: There are online dice rollers for all types of dice up to d100, if you can't manage to get a good physical set.
I know. Just don't trust those as much.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 07:04:57 AM »
Okay, welp I am writing up the information post for the OOC. I am going to finish it soon an polish up the rules, and finish up with Character sheet formatting.

Then Once I am positive on all the details, I will let you all submit your characters.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »
Sounds good.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:14 PM »
I've had this idea growing in my head for a few weeks, and I think it's about time to make it public.

So what if you took a group of people, and have them go on a journey through history, starting off in the early 11th century and end up in the far future, fighting against different things all the way. And I don't mean that they travel with a time machine, but that they get eternal life and so live through the centuries. How they get eternal life will be revealed once they get it.

And this world will have elements of fantasy, so you'll be able to fight dragons using machine guns a bit into the game.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
I've had this idea growing in my head for a few weeks, and I think it's about time to make it public.

So what if you took a group of people, and have them go on a journey through history, starting off in the early 11th century and end up in the far future, fighting against different things all the way. And I don't mean that they travel with a time machine, but that they get eternal life and so live through the centuries. How they get eternal life will be revealed once they get it.

And this world will have elements of fantasy, so you'll be able to fight dragons using machine guns a bit into the game.

Sounds interesting...but it sounds like it needs more fleshing out. But yeah I'm interested.
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »
Sounds interesting...but it sounds like it needs more fleshing out. But yeah I'm interested.
You are basically soldiers of different kinds in early medieval Europe, then get eternal life. The idea how you get it is not yet complete when it comes to details.

But yeah, I'll start working on it if four or five people prove interested.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »

I already did something exactly like this. Except I LARPed it with friends. We Invented Characters, and we played on a Super Earth, that had elements from so many different video games and TV series. Literally there was Runescape, World of Warcraft, Avatar the last airbender, 13 from Kingdom Hearts, Espada from that one Anime. as We progressed towards the Future We had Starwars, Warhammer 40,000 enter the scene as well. We even had Elements from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Sounds interesting but from my experience its best done as a LARP, meaning not written but acted out. With things like this though, the Characters will get God-like power somewhere down the line.

Sounds cool, but there are other RPs I need to complete first.

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 09:10:59 PM »

Sounds pretty cool, I would be down to play when I get internet in my room.

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »
I already did something exactly like this. Except I LARPed it with friends. We Invented Characters, and we played on a Super Earth, that had elements from so many different video games and TV series. Literally there was Runescape, World of Warcraft, Avatar the last airbender, 13 from Kingdom Hearts, Espada from that one Anime. as We progressed towards the Future We had Starwars, Warhammer 40,000 enter the scene as well. We even had Elements from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Sounds interesting but from my experience its best done as a LARP, meaning not written but acted out. With things like this though, the Characters will get God-like power somewhere down the line.

Sounds cool, but there are other RPs I need to complete first.
No God-like powers, just a number of weapons through history. You know, start with spear and shield, end with pulse rifles. And it won't take elements from games or movies.

This RP will be open for anyone willing to join, even after it's started.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:28:38 PM by Tobbs »

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »
Sounds fun, but do I have to be European? I kinda want to RP as an Arab for once.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
Sounds fun, but do I have to be European? I kinda want to RP as an Arab for once.
The most logical would be European, but you could play as a far-travelling Seljuk or something. Don't really know what nations existed in the middle east in the 11th century.