Author Topic: Should Bioware change the ending or not?  (Read 29619 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: Should Bioware change the ending or not?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 07:02:24 AM »
Yeah that, its plausible, and a nice out for BW to cover their asses

Alas, that theory has been debunked.
I'm back people...

Offline JDog2pt0

• JDog2pt0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 07:40:15 PM »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »
Alright, now that I've finally completed the game after 32 hours of game time, I'll throw in my opinion, and it is strong enough for a perhaps a bit aggressive rant, which I will put in spoiler tab in case there are any.

Spoiler for Hiden:
First off, I would first like to point out that all three possible endings sucks. With this, it's like Bioware are making sculptures out of porridge - the best you do is still excrement and everyone around wonders what the gently-carress you're doing. The moment I realized that it wouldn't matter which ending I chose - it would go to excrement for Shepard anyway - was like a punch in the gut from BW.

Now, I chose to destroy synthetic life because I wanted to down those Reaper bastards, but it also slaughtered the Mass Effect universe and my view on it. I had hoped the game would end with the total demise of the Reapers and Shepard can cruise through the galaxy with Tali and Garrus, maybe go bowling, take a drink at Purgatory. Instead, the Citadel is gently-carressing destroyed with Shepard in it! And BW tries to make it all good by showing he survived, but it doesn't gently-carressing matter! He is still trapped under 14 million tons of rubble, and it seems every gently-carressing Mass Relay in the galaxy is destroyed!

I wanted the game universe to go back to "normal" after the Reapers, but instead the entire galactic society that made us love ME is gently-carressing gone because no one can travel across the galaxy anymore with the destruction of the relays! It didn't get very much better by seeing the Normandy Crew crashing on a seemingly inhabited jungle planet where they will live out the rest of their days, maybe driven insane by their solitude from their own peoples.

And then was the sacrifices. Mordin, Legion, everyone who died in the war against the Reapers. We never got to see the galaxy reaping the benefits off it, just told that it would be absolutely great and they expected us to accept that. I want to see how the krogan do now that they genophage is cured, dammit!

And now, here are the three things I absolutely hate the most - first, I didn't get to fight the gently-carressing bastard TIM as I had been waiting to do since I first completed ME2, because that sum'bitch had to pull a Saren!

Next, since she is now stuck on a gently-carressing jungle world, Tali could never go back to Rannoch due to lack of transport. Ever since I first met Tali in ME1 and found out she had no homeworld, I was determined to see her finally getting it. And she had it! For an hour! Now she'll probably never see it again! And I don't know, maybe the world is inhabited, but that still won't help since every gently-carressing relay is destroyed!

Ah, yes, another thing. Now that every relay is gone, the billions of people who live on colonies will now be isolated, completely cut off and some will wither and die from not being able to get to their homeworld. Those colonies who are completely self-sustained will form their own people, their own nations. I think this sucks as well, since it's just another point that the galactic society is gone.

And one of the, to me, worst things of all - the final gently-carress You from the Bioware Corporations...it was a gently-carressing story! It was all just a gently-carressing story some dude told to a little child! And the sentence "It happened so very long ago" kills just about all that was left of the Mass Effect experience. It's no longer an epic journey to save the future galaxy as a badass commander with awesome aliens at my side - it's a story. A mothergently-carressing bedtime story for a kid!

Was this it? Was this the moment we had waited five years for? To find out that this grand journey through the galaxy, fighting mercenaries, monsters, aliens, gently-carressing galactic destroyers, was all just a story told by some elder man - who could have just blatantly made the story up? Those two were human. Does that mean that the turian, asari, krogan, hanar, quarian, salarian etc never existed and might have just been made up? Well if that's the case, then I hope BW makes that gently-carressing DLC and makes it well!

I'm gamer Tobbs, and the Destroy Synthetics-end pisses me off.

Keep calm and move along.

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »
Alright, now that I've finally completed the game after 32 hours of game time, I'll throw in my opinion, and it is strong enough for a perhaps a bit aggressive rant, which I will put in spoiler tab in case there are any.

Spoiler for Hiden:
First off, I would first like to point out that all three possible endings sucks. With this, it's like Bioware are making sculptures out of porridge - the best you do is still excrement and everyone around wonders what the gently-carress you're doing. The moment I realized that it wouldn't matter which ending I chose - it would go to excrement for Shepard anyway - was like a punch in the gut from BW.

Now, I chose to destroy synthetic life because I wanted to down those Reaper bastards, but it also slaughtered the Mass Effect universe and my view on it. I had hoped the game would end with the total demise of the Reapers and Shepard can cruise through the galaxy with Tali and Garrus, maybe go bowling, take a drink at Purgatory. Instead, the Citadel is gently-carressing destroyed with Shepard in it! And BW tries to make it all good by showing he survived, but it doesn't gently-carressing matter! He is still trapped under 14 million tons of rubble, and it seems every gently-carressing Mass Relay in the galaxy is destroyed!

I wanted the game universe to go back to "normal" after the Reapers, but instead the entire galactic society that made us love ME is gently-carressing gone because no one can travel across the galaxy anymore with the destruction of the relays! It didn't get very much better by seeing the Normandy Crew crashing on a seemingly inhabited jungle planet where they will live out the rest of their days, maybe driven insane by their solitude from their own peoples.

And then was the sacrifices. Mordin, Legion, everyone who died in the war against the Reapers. We never got to see the galaxy reaping the benefits off it, just told that it would be absolutely great and they expected us to accept that. I want to see how the krogan do now that they genophage is cured, dammit!

And now, here are the three things I absolutely hate the most - first, I didn't get to fight the gently-carressing bastard TIM as I had been waiting to do since I first completed ME2, because that sum'bitch had to pull a Saren!

Next, since she is now stuck on a gently-carressing jungle world, Tali could never go back to Rannoch due to lack of transport. Ever since I first met Tali in ME1 and found out she had no homeworld, I was determined to see her finally getting it. And she had it! For an hour! Now she'll probably never see it again! And I don't know, maybe the world is inhabited, but that still won't help since every gently-carressing relay is destroyed!

Ah, yes, another thing. Now that every relay is gone, the billions of people who live on colonies will now be isolated, completely cut off and some will wither and die from not being able to get to their homeworld. Those colonies who are completely self-sustained will form their own people, their own nations. I think this sucks as well, since it's just another point that the galactic society is gone.

And one of the, to me, worst things of all - the final gently-carress You from the Bioware Corporations...it was a gently-carressing story! It was all just a gently-carressing story some dude told to a little child! And the sentence "It happened so very long ago" kills just about all that was left of the Mass Effect experience. It's no longer an epic journey to save the future galaxy as a badass commander with awesome aliens at my side - it's a story. A mothergently-carressing bedtime story for a kid!

Was this it? Was this the moment we had waited five years for? To find out that this grand journey through the galaxy, fighting mercenaries, monsters, aliens, gently-carressing galactic destroyers, was all just a story told by some elder man - who could have just blatantly made the story up? Those two were human. Does that mean that the turian, asari, krogan, hanar, quarian, salarian etc never existed and might have just been made up? Well if that's the case, then I hope BW makes that gently-carressing DLC and makes it well!

Well, I think it's safe to say you support the movement then :P

Remember to read mikethor's link, it's shows what we have to do to get Bioware to accede ;)
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »
Well, I think it's safe to say you support the movement then :P

Remember to read mikethor's link, it's shows what we have to do to get Bioware to accede ;)
You mean that longcat-long post that Bachuck posted? Just looking at it makes me stop wanting to read it.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Unfortunate that you had to find about it the hard way. You're not alone in this.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
You mean that longcat-long post that Bachuck posted? Just looking at it makes me stop wanting to read it.

Well here's the gist of it:

Be clear, concise, firm and civil in our demands.

Put on the pressure by refusing to buy Bioware/EA products (mostly DLC etc.)

Wait them out, do not compromise, do not let them sweet/innocent talk you.

Do not give in until they accede.

Hearts and minds

That's pretty much it. Donating to Charity in protest also works to help get our point across, and build sympathy.

I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
Well here's the gist of it:

Be clear, concise, firm and civil in our demands.

Put on the pressure by refusing to buy Bioware/EA products (mostly DLC etc.)

Wait them out, do not compromise, do not let them sweet/innocent talk you.

Do not give in until they accede.

Hearts and minds

That's pretty much it. Donating to Charity in protest also works to help get our point across, and build sympathy.

Said charity has already raised almost $65000. (USD)
Toaster

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
What charity are we talking about here, exactly?

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
What charity are we talking about here, exactly?

Child's Play
I'm back people...

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2012, 10:04:43 PM »
Child's Play
Yes, of course...Child's Play...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 01:44:03 AM »
http://www.childsplaycharity.org/
The address for that particular charity drive is this one:

http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/retake-mass-effect-childs-play

Processed through that Chipin site but goes to child's play.
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 03:10:45 AM »
The address for that particular charity drive is this one:

http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/retake-mass-effect-childs-play

Processed through that Chipin site but goes to child's play.

Hmmm...I see.
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 05:03:03 AM »
Also, take a look at these:

http://i.imgur.com/6pPzn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ufN82.jpg

Someone dun' goofed and posted those. It's widely said those are bot accounts.
If they have to plans to make ammends and are keeping us in the dark, then it's obvious they're just stalling for time.

Relevant BSN thread:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10222868/1
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 05:28:07 AM »
Also, take a look at these:

http://i.imgur.com/6pPzn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ufN82.jpg

Someone dun' goofed and posted those. It's widely said those are bot accounts.
If they have to plans to make ammends and are keeping us in the dark, then it's obvious they're just stalling for time.

Relevant BSN thread:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10222868/1

Wow, look's like we screwed up badly. Still, we can't give up yet.
I'm back people...

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 05:50:24 AM »
Wow, look's like we screwed up badly. Still, we can't give up yet.
No, Bioware goofed in posting those because they were deleted shortly after.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »
Don't give up. But It really is funny, because even if they lose money in this, a new IP could still find a new crowd outside of all their previous fans. So they could by-pass the hate and still give us the middle finger. I doubt that would happen though since they are only good with one thing.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 06:05:56 AM »
But It really is funny, because even if they lose money in this, a new IP could still find a new crowd outside of all their previous fans.
This is an arguyment I also made somewhere else. They may simply change their business in a way so that they don't always depend on the same gamer demographic. Make a game for one demographic, then the next one, the next one, etc.
Toaster

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2012, 06:08:18 AM »
Toaster

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 06:25:22 AM »

This is an arguyment I also made somewhere else. They may simply change their business in a way so that they don't always depend on the same gamer demographic. Make a game for one demographic, then the next one, the next one, etc.

Fool! They could be listening right now!

:P

Seriously though, I think Bioware is as attatched to the genre as it's fans...recent events notwithstanding.
I'm back people...

Offline ChellieRawr

• The Garbage Queen sits on her rightful throne
    • xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 12:34:53 AM »
as for someone who did not play ANY of the games but wanted to i do not want to play this game anymore D:

I agree with the canadian, just don't buy BW or EA crap and then they will suffer
ಥ‿ಥ :heart:

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 04:41:25 AM »
as for someone who did not play ANY of the games but wanted to i do not want to play this game anymore D:

I agree with the canadian, just don't buy BW or EA crap and then they will suffer

The games are still worth playing...it's just that the so-called ultimate ending makes your choices seem worthless. But everything before that is worthwhile, especially ME2. Just be sure not to buy them or anything. Perhaps you can convince Sen to share? :P
I'm back people...

Offline ChellieRawr

• The Garbage Queen sits on her rightful throne
    • xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2012, 04:50:10 AM »
The games are still worth playing...it's just that the so-called ultimate ending makes your choices seem worthless. But everything before that is worthwhile, especially ME2. Just be sure not to buy them or anything. Perhaps you can convince Sen to share? :P

alright but i'll have to see if he can share more than just ME2, just saying. I got my needs too
Spoiler for Hiden:
i AM the man in the relationship, minus the flat chest, balls, penis, box figure and hairyness. and add the boobs, lady reproductive organs, pear figure, and less hairy ^-^
ಥ‿ಥ :heart:

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2012, 04:56:25 AM »
alright but i'll have to see if he can share more than just ME2, just saying. I got my needs too
Spoiler for Hiden:
i AM the man in the relationship, minus the flat chest, balls, penis, box figure and hairyness. and add the boobs, lady reproductive organs, pear figure, and less hairy ^-^
Why are you like this on the internet????