Author Topic: SMITE: BATTLEGROUND of the GODS!  (Read 2061 times)

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
SMITE: BATTLEGROUND of the GODS!
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:53:39 PM »
SMITE Gameplay and Features

Calling all fans of MOBAs, ancient mythology, and fun in general. Smite is an awesome third-person multiplayer battle arena where players choose gods from several different pantheons to compete. It is a pretty easy game to get into and is a hell of a lot of fun, especially since the only paid elements are certain promo skins and voice packs. Everything else can be earned just by playing the game.

There are a variety of gods to choose from, and new ones are added every 2-3 weeks. There is a free rotation as with LOL and some other MOBAs, as well as a few select free characters for anyone who plays the game. The pantheons included at the moment are Hindu, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Norse, Chinese, and Mayan.

The free gods are:

Neith

The Ancient Egyptian goddess known as the weaver of fate. She is a ranged physical hunter with high crowd-control and high sustain. Best played as a ranged attacker. Her abilities allow her to do high amounts of ranged damage with a mix of control and an escape. Her ultimate allows her to stun and do a significant amount of damage to any single target on the map that she or her team can see.

Ymir

The Norse Father of the Frost Giants. He is a melee magical guardian with high crowd control and high defense. Best played as a support tank, using his abilities to control the battlefield. His ultimate does high amounts of damage in a large area around him.

Ra

The Egyptian god of the Sun. Ra is a ranged magical mage with high power and high sustain. He is best as a ranged attacker, with a variety or powerful spells, including his ultimate where he shoots gently-carressing lasers from his face.

Thor

Norse god of thunder. Thor is a melee physical assassin with high single target damage and medium crowd control. He is good as an attacker, and can sneak up on enemies from above, using his ultimate to smash them with his hammer.

Guan Yu

Chinese Saint of War. Guan Yu is a melee physical warrior with high mobility and high sustain. He is a good attacker, with several quick moving offensive abilities. His ultimate summons his faithful warhorse, which he rides for a short time, stunning enemies while he attacks them.

All in all this is a fun game and I strongly suggest you give this game a chance. My name on Smite is XTVengeance, so be sure to hit me up if you give it a try.

Download Link  Official Website

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
Re: SMITE: BATTLEGROUND of the GODS!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:59:46 PM »
I'm actually a DOTA 2 player myself. SMITE's third person ground-level camera seems really interesting, as it's kind of hard to track things with DOTA's top-down camera and while there is an option for a similar camera mode; it's pretty excrementty.

How difficult was getting into the game for you as a newbie player?
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:51:43 AM »
I'm actually a DOTA 2 player myself. SMITE's third person ground-level camera seems really interesting, as it's kind of hard to track things with DOTA's top-down camera and while there is an option for a similar camera mode; it's pretty excrementty.

How difficult was getting into the game for you as a newbie player?
To be honest, the hardest part was learning what items to build. Other than that, it was fairly easy to get into. My advice is to pay attention to the popular items, as opposed to the recommended ones. The popular items will almost always be better.

It is also a good idea to get into the habit of turning around to run away, as well as watching corners and your back. Ganking is deadly, especially when they sneak up behind you.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 06:57:12 AM »
To be honest, the hardest part was learning what items to build. Other than that, it was fairly easy to get into. My advice is to pay attention to the popular items, as opposed to the recommended ones. The popular items will almost always be better.

It is also a good idea to get into the habit of turning around to run away, as well as watching corners and your back. Ganking is deadly, especially when they sneak up behind you.
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. There's not much in forewarning from behind with that camera mode...

Do you have Wards in Smite?
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 04:59:22 AM »
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. There's not much in forewarning from behind with that camera mode...

Do you have Wards in Smite?
Yes, and they are fairly important. Generally, the best gods are the ones that have good escape abilities. (Leaps, backflips, dashes) Awareness of your surroundings is important, especially if you are a hunter. (adc) It is just something that you have to learn.