Author Topic: PolitiCentral  (Read 76655 times)

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
Re: PolitiCentral
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2017, 07:25:59 AM »
But anyhow, the best description of Canada I have read is that we are essentially the European Union if they were to Federalize. A bunch of separate nations all operating under a single banner.

I'm not so sure about that, EU-member states held and hold a lot more forms of sovereignty and control than a Canadian province ever did. Even US States have more state-like powers (like having their own military forces, for example). Canadian federalism is its own unique form of governance, I would say the provinces aren't like like countries so much a they're just more heavily regionalized than other federal sub-political structures.
I'm back people...

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #426 on: February 06, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
I'm not so sure about that, EU-member states held and hold a lot more forms of sovereignty and control than a Canadian province ever did. Even US States have more state-like powers (like having their own military forces, for example). Canadian federalism is its own unique form of governance, I would say the provinces aren't like like countries so much a they're just more heavily regionalized than other federal sub-political structures.

True, but I could still see a Federalized EU look more like a modified version of Canada's structure than like the structure of the USA. Mainly due to the fact that it would have to involve more concepts of Confederation in regards to separation of power. Especially if you were to take into account that the act would involve them unifying a military and actually integrating the European Parliament as a legitimate level of government

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 06, 2017, 08:02:10 AM »
Trump has only done what he was elected to do, the rest is just politics as usual. It's the excrementty American media that keeps putting it up as if it's the end of the world.

The "Muslim" ban? A 90-day traven ban for everyone - Muslim or no - from seven nations known for being terrorist hubs. A list that I'd like to point out it was Obama that made. Travel bans are common in politics. It's a use of soft power to send the message that the countries placed under the ban have serious issues that need to be fixed. Yeah, it may suck for the people in those countries that they can't traven to the US,  but Trump is puttning the US first, which is exactly what millions upon millions of Americans elected him to do.

I don't want to be the one to defend that buffoon, but I am sick and tired of the mainstream media whipping up this absolute frenzy with their constant, non-stop lies and half-truths, when in fact it's just business as usual. Now there's even terrorists like ANTIFA destroying the streets and assaulting people for their political beliefs. It's absolutely sick.

People don't just hate him because of MSM, they hate him for his actions. Yes for the most part he is doing what he said he's going to do but that is no surprise seeing all the contradicting promises he made.

Yes, it is a list that Obama made, but that is not a real defence of his actions, all Obama did was slow down down refugee application processes. Not stop green card holders from entering. If he cared about stopping terrorism SA would've been on that list, and Ragez would've been the living example of how pointless the whole thing is. Now that a judge has overruled it to protect the constitution suddenly that judge is an enemy to in his eyes. You're either with him or against him in his eyes.

In the end what gets me about him is the fact that he was silent about the act of terrorism carried out by his fanboys in Canada. Sure, he made his condolences on the phone, but not a word about it in public. But he was all over the suicide by cop at the Louvre. He is not standing up against terrorism, he is creating a narrative of us VS them that is quite simply not true. The only thing that it might acompish is to get and keep people like him in power, not solve terrorism.
Boo!

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 06, 2017, 08:18:34 AM »
True, but I could still see a Federalized EU look more like a modified version of Canada's structure than like the structure of the USA. Mainly due to the fact that it would have to involve more concepts of Confederation in regards to separation of power. Especially if you were to take into account that the act would involve them unifying a military and actually integrating the European Parliament as a legitimate level of government

Well that's obvious, US federalism is one of the most centralized forms of federalism out there. When you're uniting a group of nations with long and deep separate histories going back centuries, supranationalism is as united as you're realistically going to get. A more united EU probably won't be a federation or a confederation, more likely just a more centralized supranational union.
I'm back people...

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 06, 2017, 08:19:34 AM »
The difference is Trump deserves the hate he is getting, the Tiny Hands Oompa Loompa that I have for a president now is trying to destroy the Constitution. Republicans are literally ignoring this because they are happy to have a majority in the government.

I find nothing wrong with our protesting of this fraud, He needs to be impeached ASAP.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 06, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
People don't just hate him because of MSM, they hate him for his actions. Yes for the most part he is doing what he said he's going to do but that is no surprise seeing all the contradicting promises he made.

Yes, it is a list that Obama made, but that is not a real defence of his actions, all Obama did was slow down down refugee application processes. Not stop green card holders from entering. If he cared about stopping terrorism SA would've been on that list, and Ragez would've been the living example of how pointless the whole thing is. Now that a judge has overruled it to protect the constitution suddenly that judge is an enemy to in his eyes. You're either with him or against him in his eyes.

In the end what gets me about him is the fact that he was silent about the act of terrorism carried out by his fanboys in Canada. Sure, he made his condolences on the phone, but not a word about it in public. But he was all over the suicide by cop at the Louvre. He is not standing up against terrorism, he is creating a narrative of us VS them that is quite simply not true. The only thing that it might acompish is to get and keep people like him in power, not solve terrorism.

Wise Understands. Its not simply just run of the mill anymore, this guy is doing literal harm, and not just to this US. He is gonna drag the world down with him.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #431 on: February 06, 2017, 08:33:04 AM »

In the end what gets me about him is the fact that he was silent about the act of terrorism carried out by his fanboys in Canada. Sure, he made his condolences on the phone, but not a word about it in public. But he was all over the suicide by cop at the Louvre. He is not standing up against terrorism, he is creating a narrative of us VS them that is quite simply not true. The only thing that it might accomplish is to get and keep people like him in power, not solve terrorism.

Speaking of the Terrorism in Quebec City, I'm going to get heated here, what is aggravating was just how unsupportive the USA and the world at large was. Even going as far as to resorting to lies about events that took place. And when they could no longer lie, they quickly dropped the topic altogether.

Someone came into a Mosque and shot up and killed 6 people, injuring 8 others and immediately the USA government came out with a message of anti-immigration and using the event to fulfill Trumps political agenda. The media in the USA immediately jumped to conclusions and said it was Syrian or Moroccan Refugees that shot up the mosque. Richard Spencer who is essentially the head of Neo-Nazism in the USA came out and started mocking Canada. At no point was there any sort of solidarity message being sent, it was purely politics to fulfil Trumps and the Alt-rights political agenda.

And they hammed that point in until the RCMP came back and released info saying that it was a white person who was radicalized by the French Politician Le Penne who came to spread her bullexcrement last year and followed up by rhetoric from Trump himself. At that point, nobody made an effort to apologize to us. France ignored the actions of their politician altogether and Trump and his team once again forgot Canada even existed, despite hours earlier using it for political gains. News in the USA didn't bother to update their statements because there was no money to be made anymore. Our own government had to call out Fox News in public to even get them to retract their claims silently.

Then the Alt-right from outside of Canada began to make bullexcrement conspiracy theories about how it was a false flag by the Government of Canada, the Government of Quebec, anybody but the people who the blame squarely lies on... because a White Person obviously can't be a terrorist, our government must be wrong for calling it that. This brutal act of terror could only have done by an immigrant or a person of colour and anybody who tells you otherwise is spewing fake-news

It was and is gently-carressing bullexcrement.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:12:39 PM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 06, 2017, 09:01:39 AM »
Wise Understands. Its not simply just run of the mill anymore, this guy is doing literal harm, and not just to this US. He is gonna drag the world down with him.
Firstly, it wasn't against the constitution because it wasn't based on religion. It just so happens that the seven nations in the world with the most terrorism are all overwhelmingly muslim. If you're a Christian trying to enter from Iraq, you'll still be denied. Second, that thing with the judge is, as I said, business as usual. Trump tried to get something through, someone blocked it, now Trump is trying is opposing that block. That's how politics are done.

As for that visa and green card stuff, I have to admit I don't know much about such things, but I can imagine trouble arises when such a large thing as a travel ban is issues.

Trump isn't Hitler. The reason he is made out to be Hitler is because he isn't in the pockets of corporate cronies, and so is against the establishment. He may be an ass and a buffoon, but if it's anyone who's trying to drag the world with them, it's the left, as they proceed to tear themselves and everyone around them apart when their political and ideological bubble is pierced by reality.

I'd be having a blast making fun of Trump and his excrementty hair right now if it wasn't for the fact that his opposition is so, so much worse.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:03:36 AM by Tobbs »

Keep calm and move along.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #433 on: February 06, 2017, 09:12:36 AM »
As for that visa and green card stuff, I have to admit I don't know much about such things, but I can imagine trouble arises when such a large thing as a travel ban is issues.

Actually, when it came to this Stephen Bannon (former head of Breitbart) who drafted the executive order decided to go against what the National Security Council and Legal experts were saying by both not including several other muslim countries in the ban and deciding to push forward with including Green Cards and Visas in the initial draft of the bill that was signed despite knowing that those portions were unconstitutional... and were actually a big part of why the courts decided to overturn the Executive Order.

And then days later Homeland Security finally got to come out and remove Green Cards and Visas from it, instead deciding to subject them to increased scrutiny instead of the ban
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:18:07 AM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 06, 2017, 09:19:11 AM »
Actually, when it came to this Stephen Bannon (former head of Breitbart) who drafted the executive order decided to go against what the National Security Council and Legal experts were saying by both not including several other muslim countries in the ban and deciding to push forward with including Green Cards and Visas in the initial draft of the bill that was signed despite knowing that those portions were unconstitutional... and were actually a big part of why the courts decided to overturn the Executive Order.
That I can accept. If that does indeed violate the Constitution, then it is perfectly legitimate to block it. But it is also perfectly legitimate for Mr. Hair to oppose the block. Business. As. Usual.

I don't want you all to think I actively support Trump or his political agenda. However, I strongly oppose his opposition - the media, the cronies, the regressives, the absolute lunacy that is ANTIFA, BLM, and the SJW movement. At this point, I'd take a stuffed turkey over them to lead the west, so a living meme isn't the end of the world.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:21:04 AM by Tobbs »

Offline wisekill1

• Random penguins are cool!
    • wisekill1
    • wisekill1
    • wisseify
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 06, 2017, 09:20:10 AM »
Trump isn't Hitler. The reason he is made out to be Hitler is because he isn't in the pockets of corporate cronies, and so is against the establishment. He may be an ass and a buffoon, but if it's anyone who's trying to drag the world with them, it's the left, as they proceed to tear themselves and everyone around them apart when their political and ideological bubble is pierced by reality.

I'd be having a blast making fun of Trump and his excrementty hair right now if it wasn't for the fact that his opposition is so, so much worse.

Are you kidding me? He is the established corporate elite. He just pretends to fight for the little man in his speeches while giving powerfull positions to other billionaires, his donors, and Goldman Sachs' executives. And his supporters eat it up like candy.
Boo!

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 06, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »
Are you kidding me? He is the established corporate elite. He just pretends to fight for the little man in his speeches while giving powerfull positions to other billionaires, his donors, and Goldman Sachs' executives. And his supporters eat it up like candy.
Considering how much he is trying to screw over the huge companies in their cheap labour monopolies oversea, and considering they were Clinton's largest supporters and donors, I'd say you're wrong.

The cronies are the establishment. If Trump supported the establishment, we wouldn't be here discussing this. The media would be painting him as a saint. Instead, they did that with Clinton.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:27:13 AM by Tobbs »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 06, 2017, 09:34:07 AM »
It's fun arguing with you guys. Great catharsis, and with less risk of physical violence :sorcerer:

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #438 on: February 06, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
Considering how much he is trying to screw over the huge companies in their cheap labour monopolies oversea, and considering they were Clinton's largest supporters and donors, I'd say you're wrong.

The cronies are the establishment. If Trump supported the establishment, we wouldn't be here discussing this.

You really should look at his cabinet. All the people he chose to put in top roles of government basically come from big business and the 1%. Here is a full list https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html

Chief Strategist - Stephen Bannon, Former head of Breitbart News
Senior Advisor - Jared Kushner, his daughter's husband
Treasury Secretary - Steven Mnuchin, Former head of Goldman Sachs
Special Advisor on Regulatory Reform - Carl Icahan, Billionare and a world renowned corporate raider
Commerce Secretary - Wilbur Ross, Investor with 2.9B
Education Secretary - Betsy DeVos, activist who wants to privatize the public education system
E.P.A Administrator - Scott Pruitt, Believes Climate Change is a Hoax, wants to dismantle the E.P.A. Receives funding from the Oil and Gas industry

You also have appointments into Federal Departments like Ajit Pai, former Associate General Counsel at Verizon who is head of the FCC and immediately went to work on killing Net Neutrality
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:44:27 AM by killer rin »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 06, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »
You really should look at his cabinet. All the people he chose to put in top roles of government basically come from big business and the 1%. Here is a full list https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html

Special Advisor on Regulatory Reform - Carl Icahan, Billionare and a world renowned corporate raider
Education Secretary - Betsy DeVos, activist who wants to privatize the public education system
E.P.A Administrator - Scott Pruitt, Believes Climate Change is a Hoax, wants to dismantle the E.P.A. Receives funding from the Oil and Gas industry

You also have appointments into Federal Departments like Ajit Pai, former Associate General Counsel at Verizon who is head of the FCC and immediately went to work on killing Net Neutrality

Hmm, this does indeed clash with what I said and with what I've seen. I reserve judgement for now, until I know more. Until then, I stand by all I have said.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:48:03 AM by Tobbs »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 06, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »

Hmm, this does indeed clash with what I said and with what I've seen. I reserve judgement for now, until I know more. Until then, I stand by all I have said.
Not to mention giving the go ahead for two oil pipelines that people were "fighting against" for quite some time:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/trump-keystone-xl-dakota-access-pipelines-executive-actions/

Another useful link regarding Trump:
http://evonomics.com/why-being-pro-market-is-not-the-same-thing-as-being-pro-business/

EDIT: strange, the site quoted killer rin too when I made the post...didn't even notice it
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:55:56 PM by mikethor007 »
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 06, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
And they hammed that point in until the RCMP came back and released info saying that it was a white person who was radicalized by the French Politician Le Penne who came to spread her bullexcrement last year and followed up by rhetoric from Trump himself. At that point, nobody made an effort to apologize to us. France ignored the actions of their politician altogether and Trump and his team once again forgot Canada even existed, despite hours earlier using it for political gains. News in the USA didn't bother to update their statements because there was no money to be made anymore. Our own government had to call out Fox News in public to even get them to retract their claims silently.
Yeah, it was about this time that this news story disappeared from the news here in my country.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 06, 2017, 05:33:30 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about Tobbs. The guy is literally adored by big business and corporate America because he is gonna give them completely unneeded tax breaks, he is going to overturn environmental laws to allow more pollution, so companies can spend less on being environmentally safe. He is not going to do anything to china other than renegotiate trade to benefit corporate America more. He is doing absolutely nothing for the people who voted for him, unless you count his racially charged bans, which are religion based. He only didn't ban certain Islamic countries because banks and corporations have vested interests in them. So nothing this guy has done has been good. Oompa Loompa Hitler is just testing the waters to see what he can get away with. Literally its only been two weeks and he has pissed off little over Half the country and much of the world.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 06, 2017, 07:27:42 PM »
Toaster

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #444 on: February 06, 2017, 10:20:08 PM »
Another news article about Trump as well. Basically 5 things Trump attacked Hillary on, but is now doing himself. http://www.vogue.com/article/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-five-attacks

Basically the three major ones are these, with the other two being nitpicky.
* His ties to Wall Street through Goldman Sachs and Steve Bannon.
* He is using a private email server AND refusing to give up his unsecured Android (remember Obamas Blackberry and how pissed off Republicans got over that)
* Like the Clinton Foundation, Trump is refusing to put his businesses and investments in a Blind Trust, instead giving it to his children; of which he involves in political decision matters

Tacking this onto the previous post... remember that Executive Order about stopping the creation of new regulations and forcing regulators to remove two for every single one they add... well I hope nobody is planning on flying anytime soon.

Trump directive stalls Federal Aviation Administration safety warnings
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:34:00 AM by killer rin »

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 07, 2017, 11:20:07 AM »
Just my two cents:

The current state of affairs regarding Radical Islam is the end result of a series of events promulgated and instigated by America itself. Starting with the U.S' toppling of Mohammad Mosaddegh's democratically elected government in Iran, which set the stage for the Iranian Revolution, which set the stage for the Iran-Iraq war, which set the stage for the Gulf War to follow. These events and the powers behind Iraq and Iran destabilized the region and resulted in the chaos we see today.

Sunni groups rally against America for the invasion of Iraq: An invasion that would not have occurred had America either allowed Mosaddegh to continue his rule, or had Bush Jr. listened to anybody but his Neoconservative warhawks prior to initiating an invasion on false pretenses (this matter was worsened by the utter lack of anything resembling a plan in rebuilding Iraq after the invasion). Shi'ite groups rally against America for the deposition of Mosaddegh, and American support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war. In essence, both Sunni and Shia populations are entirely within their "right" to hate America, because this is technically America's fault, so in asking these specific nationalities to "let it go" regarding their hatred for America...you are in essence asking a very difficult thing of an extremely disenfranchised populace.

I firmly believe that if the West wanted anything but this state of affairs, then it was the responsibility of the United States and the nations which contributed to this chaos (the UK via deposing Mosaddegh, Sykes-Picot, failed colonial legacies in Bahrain, Iraq, Palestine; France because goddamnit France has been terrible to Muslims generally for the past century and I shouldn't have to list this one) to have either left behind states and institutions in the Middle East that were not completely flawed and mis-structured (they were), or at the very least taken in refugees from said nations when they inevitably fall into chaos to alleviate their resource issues and ethnic tensions in the wake of civil wars and invasions that they themselves instigated.

There is therefore a burden of responsibility on certain Western nations to take in Syrian/Iraqi/Yemeni refugees, not just from causing these events in the first place, but from refusing to deal with the aftermath in any rational and reasoned way and from instigating the chaos further with every mistake and terrible policy decision made by Bush and Obama.

Unfortunately, there is a lot more chaos in the world. Some which the West did have a large hand in instigating, some where it did not instigate but instead propagate, and some where the populace itself has just continuously shot itself in the foot. Refugees from Africa, Central Asia, and other Middle Eastern countries are flooding in through the open gateway provided by the Syrian Refugee Crisis. The end result of this action is not terrorism; there is very little to no terrorism actually committed by refugees themselves. The end result is actually a higher crime rate, a budgetary crisis in what was already a stressed social services system (the 2008 financial crisis really gently-carressed up Euro budgets), and a possible rise in rape rate among European countries who've been flooded by said refugees. It's extremely doubtful that all of these refugees fleeing by sea or land to Europe are really war refugees to begin with, and their departure contributes to a decline of society both in their home countries and in the countries they end up in.

Essentially, while it is some of the West's responsibility (America's, France's, the UK's) to take in refugees from the Middle Eastern countries they gently-carressed up and refused to fix, it was not Germany's or the Scandinavian countries' responsibility to take in millions of people from Africa or Central Asia that are only actually fleeing low incomes and poverty in their messed up countries. Thus said Euro countries have paid the obvious price of allowing a massive unskilled and uneducated labor force into their countries. Their open door policy was well-intentioned, but the crisis could have been handled much better than the unorganized chaos and wanton abuse of refugee status that persists until today. The refugee status exists for a reason, and labor drain from African nations is not one of them.

This is why people have such a mixed view of refugees (aside from the obvious terrorism fearmongering). The countries actually taking them in are not the ones who caused the problem in the first place, the people coming in are not the ones who are supposed to be coming in, and the people who are coming in to these countries are a massive unskilled labor force with little connection to German or Scandinavian tradition. This kind of massive immigration is unheard of in any time prior, and it threatens to diminish the core culture that exists and has existed within said European nations for thousands of years.

Trump's policy does not take into account any of these factors: He does not care about America's responsibility, and this is reflected in the policy's wording.

Trump's policy is not affected by any of these conditions: Muslim Refugees coming in to America have never committed a single act of terrorism on U.S soil, and America (by virtue of the Atlantic Ocean) has the ability to slowly process and verify that refugees are actually reasonable and useful Syrian/Iraqi/Yemeni refugees (this isn't as unlikely as you think: Syria, Iraq, and Yemen had a decent economic/social system once upon a time, and they're generally good people). American culture is multifaceted by virtue of being an ethnic diaspora and already has a sizable Syrian, Somali, Yemeni, and Iraqi community within it that happens to be going along very nicely with the local populace (barring the occasional defamation/arson/graffiti/shooting of a mosque): A few thousand refugees aren't going to dilute American culture in any measurable way.

Trump's policy does nothing but limit the U.S' culpability for its own actions, throw a massive gently-carressing wrench into the lives of hundreds of thousands across the world who were otherwise perfectly useful U.S residents or future residents (Iranian professors, Somali students, Iraqi translators who worked with the U.S army, etc...).

This ban is a conception of Trump's. It has no relation to Obama's prior policy in anything but a cosmetic sense, and the news is lying to you by drawing a similarity between them. The ban and the accompanying hard limit on refugees are a travesty of idiocy made to show the people that Trump is somebody that takes action quickly: It has no reason to exist within American society, and it does not make any logical sense beyond rampant paranoia given that existing vetting processes are clearly working in preventing extremists from reaching American soil.

TL;DR: I will not post a TL;DR. TL;DRs are the reason why nobody understands this problem at all: Every single facet of the problem that I posted is equally important and cannot be summarized without trivializing the issues at work.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 08, 2017, 03:14:10 AM »
I think that about sums up the situation.