Author Topic: Isolation: Survivability  (Read 38958 times)

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
Re: Isolation: Survivability
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »
The veiled threat towards his genetically engineered troopers unnerves the young officer.
"I would sooner have you cut off my own arms."

Due to the heavy armor both of the clones are wearing, it's near impossible to gauge their reactions.

Matruso intercedes before any further conflict can take place.
"If you want to be a cold blooded killer around me, I can tell you right now that things are not going to go well for you Frenchie.
These men are unarmed and gagged. Physically threatening vital information out of a scumbag, no offense,
" Lt. Fallon rescinds, glancing at the officer. "is one thing, but killing someone who can't fight back is low.
I thought Marines were made of stronger stuff."

Growing tired of the escalating moral debate, Jaqueline moves out into the hallway.
"There's an o-office, reception area, out h-here. Maybe we can get some information out of the terminals."
Natascha sighs in disgust and walk out of the tension filled room, and into the hallway. "I may be a marine, and I may be slightly unstable, but that argument isn't anything I want a part of." Natascha says, turning to Jaqueline. "It must be a guy thing you know? Like a who's dick is bigger competition or something?" She says with a devious smile.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2011, 07:45:51 AM »
Natascha sighs in disgust and walk out of the tension filled room, and into the hallway. "I may be a marine, and I may be slightly unstable, but that argument isn't anything I want a part of." Natascha says, turning to Jaqueline. "It must be a guy thing you know? Like a who's dick is bigger competition or something?" She says with a devious smile.

"S-Something like that. I..." Jaqueline pauses, coughs, and catches her breath before her diaphragm can find the impetus to injure itself.
"I guess it has most to do w-with the fac-c-cc...t that they just don't plain like eachother. Sometimes being professional and well trained just c-can't help the fact thaaaat some p-people just can't get along. It's why wars start. But you already knew that."

Satisfied with her appraisal of the situation, she takes a seat at one of the terminals.
With a gentle plump the shotgun comes to a rest just above the keyboard.
"Don't suppose you're any good with computersssss?" She inquires to Natascha.
Without a further word she extricates herself from the seat and waits for someone else to take her place.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:49:05 AM by RobotNixon »

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2011, 07:55:48 AM »
Almost instinctually, he began rummaging through the assorted tools and instruments, looking for something to use as a weapon, on the off-chance whoever was coming for him might rather talk with bullets instead of words.

Considering most of the tools are housed within the robot itself, the first segment of the search leaves Ramirez wanting.
But upon closer inspection of the table he finds that a support beam that runs along the spine of the operating surface
can be easily removed with his enhanced strength, and even more easily wielded.

Ultimately his search gifts him with a twenty pound six foot pole arm that ends in a riveted and welded T-joint about a foot wide.
His satisfaction is further rewarded with the table collapsing under it's own weight.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2011, 08:28:25 AM »
"S-Something like that. I..." Jaqueline pauses, coughs, and catches her breath before her diaphragm can find the impetus to injure itself.
"I guess it has most to do w-with the fac-c-cc...t that they just don't plain like eachother. Sometimes being professional and well trained just c-can't help the fact thaaaat some p-people just can't get along. It's why wars start. But you already knew that."

Satisfied with her appraisal of the situation, she takes a seat at one of the terminals.
With a gentle plump the shotgun comes to a rest just above the keyboard.
"Don't suppose you're any good with computersssss?" She inquires to Natascha.
Without a further word she extricates herself from the seat and waits for someone else to take her place.
Natascha looks back at towards the room that she was trapped in previously, then back to Jaqueline. " I do believe you're right. Now for this computer."

Natascha takes the seat in front of the terminal, then clenches and opens her hands a few times before resting them on the keyboard. She taps the spacebar where upon the screen turns on revealing a box with a login and username on it. "Well, this would be a lot easier with a passwor- " Without being able to finish her sentence Natascha almost jumps in fright as an overlay appears over her left eye. "Well, that just got easier." Natascha says, as she regains herself and launches a command prompt interface on her overlay. "Looks like its an old Linux based Operating system." Natascha begins with a sudo login as the root user. "Well at least I don't have to try and find out the password myself." She says as the computer logs in after her in eye console runs a few commands, granting access to the password stored on the network.

Natascha turns to Jaqueline and inquires. "Well since they still haven't figured anything out, shall we start by trying to find a floor plan of this place? See if the young sooka in there is telling the truth? Or should I try and find codes for an armory first?"

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2011, 06:06:04 PM »
Natascha turns to Jaqueline and inquires. "Well since they still haven't figured anything out, shall we start by trying to find a floor plan of this place? See if the young sooka in there is telling the truth? Or should I try and find codes for an armory first?"

"I say: Look up a floor plan. Armory door codes are useless if we don't know where it is." Matruso suggests.
"Also, if you can, see if you can confirm UST survivors and whatever hostile force these flunkies belong to."

(BRB, drawing floor plan.)

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2011, 03:33:30 AM »
"I say: Look up a floor plan. Armory door codes are useless if we don't know where it is." Matruso suggests.
"Also, if you can, see if you can confirm UST survivors and whatever hostile force these flunkies belong to."

(BRB, drawing floor plan.)
Natascha begins clacking away at the keyboard, running multiple searches at once. "If there is any logic here at all they floor plan should be stored on the off site servers." Natascha points at the screen and selects a folder with an executable file labeled in hexadecimal. "And there it is, downloading it to my overview now." Natascha thinks for a moment then turns to the group. "Can everyone see the floor plan on their overviews now?" 

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2011, 05:09:01 AM »
Natascha begins clacking away at the keyboard, running multiple searches at once. "If there is any logic here at all they floor plan should be stored on the off site servers." Natascha points at the screen and selects a folder with an executable file labeled in hexadecimal. "And there it is, downloading it to my overview now." Natascha thinks for a moment then turns to the group. "Can everyone see the floor plan on their overviews now?"

Instantaneously the image pops onto the HUD of every allied cyborg in range.

Sergeant Ramirez included.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:14:13 AM by RobotNixon »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2011, 01:53:21 PM »
Antoine nodded with satisfaction when the map showed up in his vision. "And there's the armory."he said with a smile. He looked at Natascha. "Can you get it open? And what is the hostile situation in its surrounding area?"

Keep calm and move along.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
Antoine nodded with satisfaction when the map showed up in his vision. "And there's the armory."he said with a smile. He looked at Natascha. "Can you get it open? And what is the hostile situation in its surrounding area?"

Instantaneously a series of points appear across the map, in shades of blue, green, yellow, and red.

Their exact meaning isn't explicitly clear, but it can be gathered that there are nine hostiles,
no doubt three teams of commanders with two clones each. One of these teams is in the armory,
the other two are seemingly guarding the access points to this section of the facility.
Current squadmembers are labled as blue. The officer and his clones are labled as green.

Within the operating theatre one squadmember dot can also be seen,
and more puzzling still there appears to be two yellow dots inside of the section's storage room.

After taking a few moments to absorb this information, Matruso speaks up.
"We shouldn't go for the armory just yet. No doubt they're dug in well and there's another fireteam
down the hall that would just love to grease us when we start an assault."
He ponders for a moment more, then suggests an alternate course of action.
"Sweep South, quietly. Take out these bastards here."
The Lt. pings the three red dots near the passage to the Living Quarters.
"Then we can investigate the blue dot and the two yellow ones."

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2011, 06:03:15 PM »
Instantaneously a series of points appear across the map, in shades of blue, green, yellow, and red.

Their exact meaning isn't explicitly clear, but it can be gathered that there are nine hostiles,
no doubt three teams of commanders with two clones each. One of these teams is in the armory,
the other two are seemingly guarding the access points to this section of the facility.
Current squadmembers are labled as blue. The officer and his clones are labled as green.

Within the operating theatre one squadmember dot can also be seen,
and more puzzling still there appears to be two yellow dots inside of the section's storage room.

After taking a few moments to absorb this information, Matruso speaks up.
"We shouldn't go for the armory just yet. No doubt they're dug in well and there's another fireteam
down the hall that would just love to grease us when we start an assault."
He ponders for a moment more, then suggests an alternate course of action.
"Sweep South, quietly. Take out these bastards here."
The Lt. pings the three red dots near the passage to the Living Quarters.
"Then we can investigate the blue dot and the two yellow ones."

Antoine suddenly remembers the box of diandinum inside the previous room. He walks into the room and picks it up from the floor, then goes back, throwing it around between his hands. "We could still use this."he stated. He then placed the box on the table next to Natascha. "You said you could open it. Would you mind?"he asked in a faked polite tone.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »
Antoine suddenly remembers the box of diandinum inside the previous room. He walks into the room and picks it up from the floor, then goes back, throwing it around between his hands. "We could still use this."he stated. He then placed the box on the table next to Natascha. "You said you could open it. Would you mind?"he asked in a faked polite tone.

"You're going to useee explosive medical supplies. O-on an armory.
What's the point of going to the armory if you're j-just going to start a chain rrreaction and destroy all the equi...pment?"
Jaqueline states and inquires, possibly hoping for clarification.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
"You're going to useee explosive medical supplies. O-on an armory.
What's the point of going to the armory if you're j-just going to start a chain rrreaction and destroy all the equi...pment?"
Jaqueline states and inquires, possibly hoping for clarification.

Antoine raises an eyebrow. "What? Hell no, I'm not using this on the armory!"he exclaims. "But it's kinda like with a condom - better have it and not need it than need it and not have it."he explained with a wide grin.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »
Antoine raises an eyebrow. "What? Hell no, I'm not using this on the armory!"he exclaims. "But it's kinda like with a condom - better have it and not need it than need it and not have it."he explained with a wide grin.

"Fair enough. But I find the best condoms are the ones that won't blow your dick all over four counties."
Matruso quips. "Seems like our two comrades that were waiting with the prisoners have been rather quiet as of late."

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »
Natascha listens to the exchange and promptly drops her head onto the desk. "Yes, I can open it, Yes I have the codes to the armory, and yes. You're all idiots." She quips, her voice slightly muffled by the table. Natascha reaches out to grab the secured box of flammable material without lifting her head from the table. "Its a simple 4 digit code, easily over writable by simply arcing the connection between the third and first registers." She says, lifting her head from the desk. A short moment later the box beeps, and a green light appears on the panel, to the left of the digit display. "There have fun with your condoms french boy." Natascha says cutely.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »
Natascha listens to the exchange and promptly drops her head onto the desk. "Yes, I can open it, Yes I have the codes to the armory, and yes. You're all idiots." She quips, her voice slightly muffled by the table. Natascha reaches out to grab the secured box of flammable material without lifting her head from the table. "Its a simple 4 digit code, easily over writable by simply arcing the connection between the third and first registers." She says, lifting her head from the desk. A short moment later the box beeps, and a green light appears on the panel, to the left of the digit display. "There have fun with your condoms french boy." Natascha says cutely.

"Thank you."Antoine answers while trying to imitate the woman's tone. He then leaned in on her face and looked at her. "Can we drop the condom thing now?"he asked kindly.

Offline Deadeas

• gently-carress you.
    • Deadeas
    • Deadeas
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
Considering most of the tools are housed within the robot itself, the first segment of the search leaves Ramirez wanting. But upon closer inspection of the table, he finds that a support beam that runs along the spine of the operating surface can be easily removed with his enhanced strength, and even more easily wielded.
Ultimately, his search gifts him with a twenty-pound six-foot long polearm that ends in a riveted and welded T-joint about a foot wide. His satisfaction is further rewarded with the table collapsing under it's own weight.
"Groovy." He said, gripping his newly-found weapon with his hands. It was a bit unwieldy to him, but that was mostly due to his relative inexperience with hand-to-hand weaponry.

Instantaneously, the image pops onto the HUD of every allied cyborg in range, Sergeant Ramirez included.
The image popped into his line-of-sight with a flash, obscuring his sight. With a single thought, it moved to the side of his sight, occupying the lower-right corner of his HUD.
"Well, this obviously means there is some form of allied presence here." He thought, looking over the mini-map and the newely-added icons. "At least I can take solice in that."

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »
"Thank you."Antoine answers while trying to imitate the woman's tone. He then leaned in on her face and looked at her. "Can we drop the condom thing now?"he asked kindly.
Natascha nods with a muffled giggle then turns to the rest of the group. "Well, now what? We have what we need to get out of here, although I would like to find this other dot here, maybe this person has a better idea of whats going on around here." Natascha remarks, putting her hands behind her back in a stretch.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2011, 03:33:35 AM »
"Fair enough. But I find the best condoms are the ones that won't blow your dick all over four counties."
Matruso quips. "Seems like our two comrades that were waiting with the prisoners have been rather quiet as of late."
Dante raises an eyebrow at this remark.

"What would you expect me to say? I'm not good at all with computers. Besides, I'd go with the course of action you just suggested. I don't think an assault against troopers that are fortified inside the armory would go well without something to flush them out. Or heavy weaponry to blow them away. Weaponry likely stored in the damn place."

He mulls it over for a moment. "Too bad we don't have the means to gas them right now. Oh well..."
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2011, 04:36:21 AM »
Dante raises an eyebrow at this remark.

"What would you expect me to say? I'm not good at all with computers. Besides, I'd go with the course of action you just suggested. I don't think an assault against troopers that are fortified inside the armory would go well without something to flush them out. Or heavy weaponry to blow them away. Weaponry likely stored in the damn place."

He mulls it over for a moment. "Too bad we don't have the means to gas them right now. Oh well..."
Natascha pulls up a diagram of the ventilation system on her HUD and examines it. "Looks like I could get in through the vent system, I do have an active cloaking system after all. I could just drop in and take care of them." She offers.

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2011, 05:44:17 AM »
Natascha pulls up a diagram of the ventilation system on her HUD and examines it. "Looks like I could get in through the vent system, I do have an active cloaking system after all. I could just drop in and take care of them." She offers.

Dismay is certain to be felt when Natascha notices that the vents are pressurized.

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2011, 06:12:55 AM »
Dismay is certain to be felt when Natascha notices that the vents are pressurized.
"Well I guess that won't work." Natascha says looking at the Diagram closer. "Don't have and other ideas at the moment." Natascha sighs.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2011, 07:34:23 AM »
"What are those two yellow dots in the storage?"Antoine asked out loud. "Maybe we could get in there. If we could just make it to the operating theater without getting spotted and then go from there...there might be something we could use in the storage, and there seem to be someone else in the OT. Maybe he can help?"

Offline RobotNixon

• With an axe to grind.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • XRobotWerewolfX
    • BeastLingo42
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
"What are those two yellow dots in the storage?"Antoine asked out loud. "Maybe we could get in there. If we could just make it to the operating theater without getting spotted and then go from there...there might be something we could use in the storage, and there seem to be someone else in the OT. Maybe he can help?"

Matruso conveys his agreement with a curt nod. "I agree, let's go to the operating theatre."

Offline Foxdonut

• Videogames suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »
Matruso conveys his agreement with a curt nod. "I agree, let's go to the operating theatre."
Natascha gets up from the desk, grabbing the assault rifle she had acquired earlier. "Well then, lets go. I can either hang back a few paces and cover. Or I can get out ahead with the cloak engaged." She directs her thoughts at Matruso with military efficiency.