Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Into Darkness.  (Read 84221 times)

Offline Godur

• View Profile
Dark Heresy: Into Darkness.
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:55:24 PM »

++++Dispatch from Lady Inquisitor Alba Livia to Medicae-Interrogator Sand++++

Interrogator Sand, I received your report on the situation in Coscarla Division, and I agree this warrants further investigation. I authorize you to take whatever measures you see fit in your investigation of the matter. In addition I have deployed newly established omicron cell to aid in your efforts, their dossiers have been attached to this message for your review. They will be yours to command as you see fit for the duration of the mission.

Furthermore, I want you to observe omicron cell in action, and forward a full report on their activities and progress. As always I expect your professional thoroughness and discretion.

I await your next report.
The Emperor Protects.

Sincerely

Lady-Inquisitor Alba Livia.

+++++ An open Mind is like a Fortress with its gates unbarred and Unguarded+++++

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After being singled out and inducted into the service of the Inquisition, things have not quite gone as you had imagined them. Removed from your past life, you have been tested and measured, questioned and interrogated. But aside from a few lectures given in darkened chambers that left you sick to your stomach and a seemingly endless stream of codes and ciphers given you to memorize and destroy, you have been left largely to your own devices. Lodging under a false name in an anonymous habblock in Hive Sibellus, on Scintilla, the capitol planet of the Calixis Sector, you have bided your time for weeks waiting for the call from your masters, and perhaps, their verdict. At last that call has come and a blankeyed courier has delivered to you a note featuring the cipher of the Holy Ordos. The message within was simple and perfunctory, containing a time, a date and a location. The instruction to come prepared and expect company is signed off with a single epithet—The Emperor Protects   

At the appointed hour, you have made your way through the bustling faceless masses of the Administratum quarter to an unmarked service elevator platform set in the rear of a vast and imposing building covered in basreliefs of skulls, half draped urns and other symbols of death, crowned by an immense statue of a weeping saint. It appears that you are expected; the wizened face of the platform’s inbuilt servitor studies you and pronounces “Pass” as you climb on board. As the note implied, you were not the only person called, and you make for an uncomfortable and diverse looking group standing in tense silence as the crowds throng by. The servitor control chimes active as the last one of you boards the platform and the elevator descends as the hatchway closes above you all with a thunderous boom. The platform continues downward for some minutes through maintenance levels, deep into the bowels of the government district.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler for Note:
Now, on the elevator platform, is the first time your characters meet. So it would be the ideal time to introduce your characters to the others, give descriptions and just play out the first meeting.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:55:15 PM by Godur »
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: The Edge of Darkness.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:12:18 AM »
Drake took up his customary position in the back corner of the elevator, he was wearing off duty guard clothes, instead of his mission body glove and carried his mission gear in a guard issue kit bag. The group was somewhat what he expected, some people to hit things with pointy implements, some to fix them. The tech priest was odd, no outward signs of implants, probably vain. The guardsman carried himself like a noble, the other seemed about right for their type. he waited for someone to break the ice.

He sighed inwardly, "Alaric Drake, in case you were wondering." He left it up to them to decide what his profession was.
...scum.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
Drake took up his customary position in the back corner of the elevator, he was wearing off duty guard clothes, instead of his mission body glove and carried his mission gear in a guard issue kit bag. The group was somewhat what he expected, some people to hit things with pointy implements, some to fix them. The tech priest was odd, no outward signs of implants, probably vain. The guardsman carried himself like a noble, the other seemed about right for their type. he waited for someone to break the ice.

He sighed inwardly, "Alaric Drake, in case you were wondering." He left it up to them to decide what his profession was.
Siegfried was elated, a new group of capable looking comrades and an important-sounding mission that he could finally prove himself in. Understanding that the group would likely be unable to look past his noble heritage for now, he made the first attempt at reaching out to them.

"Siegfried Einzbern, it's nice to meet you all." Siegfried said with a smile, surprising Drake with the ease of how he said it
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
"Siegfried Einzbern, it's nice to meet you all." Siegfried said with a smile, surprising Drake with the ease of how he said it
The Tech-Priest had been obviously staring at the member of the Sororitas, he hadn't said anything, and it seemed he was reluctant of saying anything to the tall woman.

He was dressed in Typical Tech-Priest vestments and robes, He currently had his Rebreather attached and aside from that and a Staff he held nothing else was noticeable about his appearance, except for his extreme lack of complete limb replacement.

"Geralt Fermot, Tech-Priest of the Mechanicus." He then looked at the group which he finally took more notice of.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 11:45:07 PM »
Cortrana was off to the side of the elevator platform, biding her time while at the same time paying attention to the other members of the group.

There was the Tech Priest, which for some reason kept staring at her. Strange, but not completely out of the ordinary. There was a Guardsman which looked and talked like a noble would. Off to the back of the elevator she saw a quiet man in off-duty clothes, all of his gear stowed away. Not giving overt hints as to his profession. Smart. And lastly, someone that looked like an Abitrator, but who hadn't talked yet.

As for herself, she was also wearing her off-duty clothes, with her gear stowed away. The Drawback of this is that her "bag" was qute bulky due to the suit of armor inside.

"Geralt Fermot, Tech-Priest of the Mechanicus." He then looked at the group which he finally took more notice of.
"Cortranna Hawklight." she says, following the example of her other colleagues.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
Zarkov leaned against the wall of the elevator, his shotgun standing beside him, more or less used as a cane.  He judged everyone, there was some he could trust and others that, well, he would have to watch.

He wore his uniform and mesh-vest because that was the only clothes he had.  His knife was secured to his chest while the club was attached to his belt.  He kept his brass knuckles always on hand in case something ever happened.

Everyone had introduced themselves so he guessed he might as well too.  "I am Zarkov."  He said apathetically.

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
The rumbling descent of the elevator platform bring you ever downwards, past numerous maintenance levels of little to no light, and the noise make any further conversation difficult for several minutes before the platform finally slow down, with the sound of screeching metal, to a grinding halt.

The on-board servitor chimes once more, and you are deposited at the end of a long gray corridor in which the only decoration is the cherub statues along the walls. The corridor is dark aside from the pale light just at the elevator doors -- cast by lumen orbs held firmly in the cherub hands -- but its clear there is only one way for you to go.  As you move down the passage more of the lumen orbs flicker to life before you, while also shutting off behind you, guiding your way. The corridor is featureless, cold gray stone with no markings, and as you move along, for what must be minutes, you are met by a faint smell of chemical disinfectant.

Eventually you arrive to the other end of the long passage, and to a armoured metal door which immediately unseals with a drawn-out hiss of pressurized air, and loud metallic grinding of heavy gears. The room inside is a jumble of dusty metal crates stacked against the left wall, and a hospital gurney, complete with restraint straps, toppled over to the side against the other.
A wide mirror fills the upper half of the far wall, your reflections clearly visible in its polished surface. 

Another minute passes before the mirror surface begin to fade, and a glittering steel chamber is revealed beyond. In the middle of the room, looking out at you, stand a tall, thin-faced, man wearing white medicae robes and with a red leather coat draped over his shoulders. Behind him, covered in a mottled gray sheet, is what appears to be a body strapped onto a frame of sorts, and held up for inspection. Above them a pair of white enamelled skulls, encrusted with brass instruments and long hypo needles, hover expectantly in the air.

The man regard you silently for a moment before he clears his throat to speak. “Greetings Acolytes, I am Medicae-Interrogator Sand and you are the new blood, are you not? Worthy additions to our holy war? Well, we shall see, far be it from me to doubt my betters’ judgement, eh?" He says calmly, pausing for a moment to make sure you are all paying attention. “Well to the matter at hand. I represent the Holy Ordos of the Imperial Inquisition that we all serve. Our masters have called you here to assist us in the investigation of a matter of interest that has recently and unexpectedly come to light.Oh, yes, for your information, you are now in the depths of the Templum Mori, the house of the dead where the Lords Prefecta Mortem hold court and the fallen and the lost of the great city are named and counted. It will not surprise you then to know you are here to view a corpse, I doubt it will be your first, but it is, shall we say, quite singular!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler for Alaric Drake and Zarkov:
You notice that the coat draped of Sand's robes seem to cover what is likely armoured platings, and beneath his arm there is a bulge that could only be a weapon of some sort.
Spoiler for Geralt Fermot:
You identify the hovering skulls to be medicae servoskulls of the highest quality; machinespirit controlled drones, fashioned from preserved human skulls and fitted with sophisticated medical systems whose secrets are restricted to the highest orders of the Adeptus Mechanicus
Spoiler for Zarkov:
You spot an isignia on Sand's robes, of a stylised raven and scroll, that show them as belonging to Hetaireia Lexis, a distinguished and famous order of scholars
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »
The man regard you silently for a moment before he clears his throat to speak. “Greetings Acolytes, I am Medicae-Interrogator Sand and you are the new blood, are you not? Worthy additions to our holy war? Well, we shall see, far be it from me to doubt my betters’ judgement, eh?" He says calmly, pausing for a moment to make sure you are all paying attention. “Well to the matter at hand. I represent the Holy Ordos of the Imperial Inquisition that we all serve. Our masters have called you here to assist us in the investigation of a matter of interest that has recently and unexpectedly come to light.Oh, yes, for your information, you are now in the depths of the Templum Mori, the house of the dead where the Lords Prefecta Mortem hold court and the fallen and the lost of the great city are named and counted. It will not surprise you then to know you are here to view a corpse, I doubt it will be your first, but it is, shall we say, quite singular!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler for Geralt Fermot:
You identify the hovering skulls to be medicae servoskulls of the highest quality; machinespirit controlled drones, fashioned from preserved human skulls and fitted with sophisticated medical systems whose secrets are restricted to the highest orders of the Adeptus Mechanicus
Geralt nodded in respect first before speaking,"Greeting Medicae-Interrogator Sand, It seems the Omnissiah has blessed you with high quality Servo-Skulls,"Geralt observed before returning to the subject at hand,"So you are saying the Cadaver is unique? I am no member of Biologis sect, so forgive me, what has been discovered with this corpse?"

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »
Sand casually dismiss your question as he quickly stride over to the metal frame which hold the body. " Now if you will kindly attend and pay heed, I will take questions afterward." he says calmly and pull aside the gray sheet that cover the body itself. Strapped to the frame is revealed the dessicated and eviscerated body of an adult human.

“The body has been positively identifi ed as that of one Saul Arbest, male, 23 years of age, hive worker, unskilled labourer certified. Formerly of the Tantalus Indenture, registered habitation: chamber 6/23 stack 717# Coscarla Division, southern zone, Hive Sibelius." Sand continue his lecture, gesturing briefly to the corpse as his servo-skulls dip out of your view to gather things in the room.

“Subject found dead on the midhive transit rail three days ago as the car returned to the main depot. Preliminary examination at the scene suggested death by drug overdose. Post mortem performed by the biologis forensic, however revealed certain anomies that necessitated our involvement. The cause of death was in fact total systemic failure brought on by tissue rejection of an implanted synthetic graft organ. Said organ destroyed his central nervous system while attempting to overcome the immune response. In short this…"  One of the skulls return toy our view, holding a large glass containers in its brass callipers, and flying close to the window to show you its content --- An approximately ten centimetre long, whitish, cord of still moving, still living, tissue--- and remain in view.

“…crushed the life out of him from the inside. What’s it for? Unknown, but my opinion would be, in a word, ‘control’—neural and synaptic override, perhaps worse." Sand says slowly, pausing a moment to let that sink in, while the second servo-skull float into view carrying more tissue samples preserved in jars.

“There were other grafts and surgery of a less singular kind also; one lung replaced by a concealed storage cavity, possibly for his use as a courier. Also, one optic nerve removed, skin flayed from his stomach, I’ve no idea why. His system’s awash with alchemic traces, clotting agents, panimmune and the like."

“The surgery was expert, but by the lesions and tissue stresses, I doubt any care was given to whether or not it was painless.
In fact, by the damage to his vocal cords, my guess was that he probably screamed as long as he was able to."
Sand says cooly, not giving this a second thought, before once more gesturing to the white cord held inside the glass container.

“But this little monster is what concerns us. Oh, you don’t need to know the genelore or the Omnissian edict, just that this is not only illegal, it is forbidden, it is heresy. Merely tampering with this kind of dark tech is enough to warrant a death sentence from the Holy Ordos, the Arbites or the Mechanicus. And I’m sure that you, as well as I, am wondering how such a rare and vile thing ended up wrapped round the spine of some anonymous habprole from the dusty end of the stacks."

“The man has no prior criminal record, he was rendered invalid by indenture—laid off if you will, some sixty days ago now and was reported missing thirtytwo days ago by his sister, one Lili Arbest, resident of the same habstack. More than enough
time to get himself into all sorts of trouble, I’m sure you’ll agree. These grafts are no more than eight or ten days old at most. We
have nothing else on him."
Sand continues slowly, to make sure that you all follow, while his servo-skulls return the samples to where they found them.

“This is to be a shadow investigation, no open official involvement and no notifi cation of the local authorities, and no one knows he’s here either. Coscarla’s down hive, so a covert approach will draw far less attention than a boot through the door, and be far less likely to kill any leads to our heretic. Find out why and where if you can, better yet, find out how. Best of all, find out who is responsible.

Go with the grace of the God Emperor, oh and additional samples would be a blessing if you can procure them.”
Sand finishes his briefing, taking a step forward as he regards you, awaiting whatever questions you might have. In the background the servo-skulls pull the gray sheet back to cover the body.

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of the forum Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • We're watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »
"Do we have any leads on what he was doing for the past 60 days?" asked Drake as he circled the body, looking for anything unusual. Death was his trade, but not like this, the sniper's bullet or the blade unseen, but not some implant.
...scum.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »
Sand shake his head briskly. "Only what can be discerned from the corpse. The type of chest cavity, that was implanted into him, are not uncommon in criminal networks, for smuggling and the like, however it seems unlikely that the lowlife of Coscarla have access to expert surgery like this. Nevertheless, given the state of the division, it might be worth looking into, hmm?" He says, scratching his chin briefly. "Also, my advice; find his sister, Lili, she may have some clue as to where he may have been, or know someone who might."

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »
Cortranna remained impassive through the whole exposition. She didn't show, but at the sight of the writhing organ utter revulsion filled her mind. That someone would stoop this low was...unforgivable at best.

She muttered, more to herself:

"...it seems like someone is in line for a purge at the end of this."

Turning her eyes to Sand, she asked "Was anything found inside his implanted cavity? Or did he have any sort of item on his person?"
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 03:18:47 PM »
"It seems to me we need to find out were someone got access to this kind of surgery...." Geralt thought,"I wonder whoever made this.....creature...I wonder what they are planning."

Geralt Began to Evaluate the situation.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 11:55:24 PM »
Siegfried nearly threw up when he saw the body, doing his best to hide his reaction from his comrades as he began evaluating the situation himself.

"Have you any clue as to Lili's whereabouts?" Siegfried asked
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »
Sand turns his gaze upon Cortranna as she speaks. "No, unfortunately the chest cavity was empty when he was found. The implant, and whatever content it may have held, does not give us any further clues as to what Saul was up to." He says, somewhat regretfully, before turning to Siegfreid. "As for the sister; No, I do not. However she does live in the same habstack as her brother did, #717. I advice you to look for her there."

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
"It seems we have a heading then, a distraught sister wracked with grief, her brother dead." Geralt thought about it for a moment. He wondered what the woman looked like.

"Well when you are all ready I suggest we move out, and make sure no one knows our purpose."

Offline PMorgan18

• Mad Scientist Extraordinaire
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PMorgan18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
"If need be we can make the sister talk."  Zarkov said drumming his fingers on the club handle.  "She may have some information we need."

Leave you nothing left to hold
When you're nothing it's a good time to remind you of one thing
The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life, ends

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 05:40:05 PM »
"If need be we can make the sister talk."  Zarkov said drumming his fingers on the club handle.  "She may have some information we need."
"We shouldn't be so rough on the girl, there is other ways." Geralt said, seeing how willing the Arbite was willing to brutalize a woman.

Geralt hoped she was beautiful, even though he wasn't she he would get anywhere trying to be suave, he would at least try, no use in not having some fun.

Then again Geralt thought it might be insensitive, but Omnissiah damned he would try.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 06:45:55 PM »
"Oh, before you go" Sand says, snapping his fingers before approaching a table standing by the side of the room. "Here. I took the liberty of assembling some equipment you might find useful"  He continues, gesturing to several items that he's gathered on the table.

"Firstly: Coscarla Pass tokens, one each. Theygive you legal access and transit to the Coscarla Division using the mid-hive transit rail." He gestures to small coin-shaped tokens made of brass. "Next, Coblast Assay Cognomen, one each. These identification passes allow you to carry arms, as well as identify you as bonded agents of the Coblast Assay, a mercantile group of mercenaries. Useful disguise down there, yes?" Sand continues, showing you passes, one tailored for each of you.

"Thirdly: Hive-overcoats. Crude, but practical, clothing that should serve well to make you fit in. They are large enough to fit over anything you might wear, including armour. Again, one each" He now gestures to large, worn, coats made of leather and canvas, and next to them old and used vox-caster devices. "Handheld vox. One each. Their range is limited int he hive, but you'll at least be able to talk to one another."

Sand move over to the other end of the table, pointing to a dataslate and a few glow lamps. "Glowlamps, one each, very useful during night-cycles in Coscarla, I hear that it gets dark." He says, a small smirk showing on his lips. "This dataslate contain allt he information you've recieved here, plus additional information on the Division itself, maps, and information on Saul and Lili Arbest -- what little there was--- and where the latter lives. Also, the dataslate is coded, and cannot be accessed without this five-digit code" He points at a note, before finally gesturing to the final two items; a leather satchel, and a small burlap pouch. "A Biosample kit, in case you find useful bio-materials to bring back. Now, I'm not expecting deft surgery, but try not to hack at it like an underdone Grox steak and get it in the jar, eh? Oh, and finally, the pouch contains 120 thrones in loose change and notes. For bribes and sundries. If you need more then I'm sure you can be resourceful."

With those words Sand returns to where he stood before the corpse, waiting for you to take your gear and get to it. "I'll be expecting your return in a few days, no more."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler for Equipment on the table:
To summarize the gear Sand provided:
5x Coscarla pass tokens.
5x Coblast Assay Cognomen
5x Hive-overcoats
5x Handheld voxcaster. (Radios)
5x Chem Glowlamps. (These can be used both as flashlights and as lanterns)
1x Encoded Dataslate with mission data. (It does have limited audio and video recording and playback functions)
1x Biosample Kit containing a scalpel, three jars and a small bioauspex.
1x Pouch of 120 thrones in mixed coins and notes.

I'll add these to the character sheets as you pick them up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:02:01 PM by Godur »

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
With those words Sand returns to where he stood before the corpse, waiting for you to take your gear and get to it. "I'll be expecting your return in a few days, no more."

5x Coscarla pass tokens.
5x Hive-overcoats
1x Encoded Dataslate with mission data. (It does have limited audio and video recording and playback functions)

Geralt picked up the items and put on the coat, he then pulled down the hood of his robes, revealing his hair. After that he looked fairly much like a hiver as long as the robes weren't noticed.

"Well I may need some new pants..." He took off his rebreather (It hung around his neck, and could be covered by the jacket if need be,), revealing his mouth and jaw, which was clean cut,"...but for the most part I think I will be able to fit in...I hope."

He thought to ask on how he could earn money, but he decided that they would be payed after and he could just find things to engrave, since Geralt was a Scrimshaver, and sell the tokens for more than they were originally worth.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
"Oh, before you go" Sand says, snapping his fingers before approaching a table standing by the side of the room. "Here. I took the liberty of assembling some equipment you might find useful"  He continues, gesturing to several items that he's gathered on the table.

"Firstly: Coscarla Pass tokens, one each. Theygive you legal access and transit to the Coscarla Division using the mid-hive transit rail." He gestures to small coin-shaped tokens made of brass. "Next, Coblast Assay Cognomen, one each. These identification passes allow you to carry arms, as well as identify you as bonded agents of the Coblast Assay, a mercantile group of mercenaries. Useful disguise down there, yes?" Sand continues, showing you passes, one tailored for each of you.

"Thirdly: Hive-overcoats. Crude, but practical, clothing that should serve well to make you fit in. They are large enough to fit over anything you might wear, including armour. Again, one each" He now gestures to large, worn, coats made of leather and burlap, and next to them old and used vox-caster devices. "Handheld vox. One each. Their range is limited int he hive, but you'll at least be able to talk to one another."

Sand move over to the other end of the table, pointing to a dataslate and a few glow lamps. "Glowlamps, one each, very useful during night-cycles in Coscarla, I hear that it gets dark." He says, a small smirk showing on his lips. "This dataslate contain allt he information you've recieved here, plus additional information on the Division itself, maps, and information on Saul and Lili Arbest -- what little there was--- and where the latter lives. Also, the dataslate is coded, and cannot be accessed without this five-digit code" He points at a note, before finally gesturing to the final two items; a leather satchel, and a small burlap pouch. "A Biosample kit, in case you find useful bio-materials to bring back. Now, I'm not expecting deft surgery, but try not to hack at it like an underdone Grox steak and get it in the jar, eh? Oh, and finally, the pouch contains 120 thrones in loose change and notes. For bribes and sundries. If you need more then I'm sure you can be resourceful."

5x Coscarla pass tokens.
5x Hive-overcoats

"Thank you sir, I'll make use of what contacts I have in Coscarla if we run into any trouble." Siegfired said, taking the gear

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »
"Thank you sir, I'll make use of what contacts I have in Coscarla if we run into any trouble." Siegfired said, taking the gear
"You okay?....you were a little pale back there." Geralt said trying to be peaceable, he could tell by the look of this man that he had it better than most in his life.

"What sort of contacts do you have out here?" Geralt re-equipped his rebreather but left his well kept reb-blonde shaggy hair out as his hood was still down.

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
"You okay?....you were a little pale back there." Geralt said trying to be peaceable, he could tell by the look of this man that he had it better than most in his life.

"What sort of contacts do you have out here?" Geralt re-equipped his rebreather but left his well kept reb-blonde shaggy hair out as his hood was still down.
"I'm used to seeing dead bodies by now, but that was just..." Siegfried said, "I guess I should have expected something like this, since I joined up to prevent these atrocities in the first place..."

Siegfried tried to smile, "Sorry, I shouldn't be making my comrades worried about me before we even set out on the mission. In regards to contacts, I've got a few friends of the Einzberns who run important stores and clubs in the area, and a few important people in debt to my family. We can call on them if we need any help, but I'd rather that we don't unless we really have to."

Siegfried didn't want to use his status as a Noble to make his missions easy, it defeated the point of becoming a guardsman in the first place in his eyes. He also didn't want his new comrades to think that he was some rich noble kid that called on his family for everything.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:06:24 PM by Ragez »

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 10:38:17 PM »
Cortranna fetched her armor suit from her bag and donned it over her clothes. She then picked the proferred gear and stowed the small objetcs in a pouch, the vox caster in another. Throwing the overcoat over everything, she checked to see if it really covered all of the armor.

"We can call on them if we need any help, but I'd rather that we don't unless we really have to."
"That is wise, if we go around asking too many questions, we're bound to start attracting attention to us, and this is supposed to be a covert mission."
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »
"That is wise, if we go around asking too many questions, we're bound to start attracting attention to us, and this is supposed to be a covert mission."
"Indeed, but can Ask that you stop being beautiful, its quite distracting....." Geralt said, and then flinched,"...erm....don't hit me its a compliment!"

Geralt put his hands up in surrender to the tall woman.